Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? (3922 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / When You See An Ex / 10 Signs He Wants To Marry You - For Ladies Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by sparta(f): 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2009
Amen and thanks so so much again!
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2009
ebila:

If u end up havin like 2-3 ex(s) u love,u don't get over them?

You can have 10 ex(s) you love, but there's that one you can never get over. undecided
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by jenibayo(f): 3:51pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

My prayer for you is that you get to the altar before him. Make God grant you a good man that will always make you happy.

Heard thru the grapevines my stupid, evil, and wicked EX is getting married next year.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
AMEN cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by jaybee3(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2009
Ujujoan:

You can have 10 ex(s) you love, but there's that one you can never get over. undecided
hmmm, u sure? cos it's always that one you can't get over that will forever keep stalling your "moving-on" antics.
ex's r past and feelings for them should be buried right in the middle of the desert and if you can't find a desert you might as well dump 'em right in the ocean
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Anuliph(f): 2:39am On Oct 23, 2009
Time. only time heals a broken heart.
Ice-cream, friends, hobbies etc can only give u relief and help redirect ur energy.
One day u'd look back and be like, what d heck?.
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by ebila(m): 11:55am On Oct 23, 2009
sparta:

Okay,

Broke up this friday, we were actually planning to get married this december and yeah I am stiill hurting! Weve been having isssues for like a month so it didnt come as a shock. I am still crying but i deleted his nos(ofcourse i can reel it out by heart), all his pics on my system. Its been very hard but what i have been doing?

I cry and i get cranky easily tho not good, i will get past it
I go to church a lot and sow my tears and pain on the altar
I prefer being alone and i so much enjoy the solitude
I think of all the advantages of getting out and they keep me so strong. The advantages of getting out are actually so profound and most of my pips agree with me.
I tell his friendsabout the break up myself so he can realy know am serios.
i rarely discuss it coz it aint worth it.

Most importantly, i feel so free! Gosh, its so relieving.

Do i still miss him? yes
Do i still love him? As always
Is there a chance we can get back? NEVER

Now am realy enjoying being me!
Aawww dear,urs is still very fresh.I really am sorry.But lemme tell u somefin alot of pple fail to understand.Love can be found in more than one person n that means u can get over ur ex.Just give urself d opportunity to get over him n u sure will.if u look deep inside,u'll find out u gave him d opportunity to love u,u accepted him,do dsame in ur subsequent relationship n u'd find out u actually can get over an ex,whether u love them or not.I wish u speedy recovery from d hurt.Remember,he doesn't deserv to take away ur happiness.

Ujujoan:

D only one u don't get over is d one u choose not to get over.If u understand how d mind works,u'll realise u can do anything u set ur mind to.
cheexy:

The technique i use to get over my exs is to find a new hobby or learn a new skill. I found out that i hardly have time to think of an ex if i am too busy trying to hone those skills. Deleting of the phone number doesnt work cos i know them off hand. I am very strong willed so anytime i make up my mind to do something, i hardly go back. I try to enjoy my freedom while it lasts.

Sometimes the rate at which i get over them makes my friends wonder if i even loved in the first place. I always stay friends with them, I find out that sometimes we are better friends than lovers. Well, thats just me. What works for me may not work for another person.
Nice one!
Rosabelle:

Im a big believer in: 'Every disappoinment is a blessing'. And in my life, Ive learnt, the bigger the disappointment, the great the blessing coming my way.
I got dumped three months ago, so Im talking from experience lol
I cried a lot. Deleted his numbers and threw out his clothes and deleted all emails and text messages I wrote him and he wrote me. And then I cried at the death of my love for him.
Told all my friends and my mum. Talked about it all the time. Cried some more. Cried again. Remembered a lot of memories (5yrs) and cried some more.
I analysed the situation, cried more, and decided he wasnt worth it after all. After 10 days of contunous crying, loss of 6kilos, I started making big plans. Right now I feel sooo free, its unbelievable. I dont have to think about being someone's wife soon or compromising anything cos Im with someone and so Im free. Its a grand feeling.
Its been three months, and the heartache I felt is now in the past.

That's what i'm talkin about. wink
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by nana(f): 11:55am On Oct 23, 2009
Time is a healer. I remember my first break-up! Oh boy. . .it was tough! All my mum could do was to tell me about hers. . .sheesh! That made me laugh in a way but after a while,I was back to square one. Later had to throw away every gift I got from him,every pics we took together. Couldn't delete the songs cos they are buried in the heart. Luckily for me,I met a pal who I was able to confide in. He gave a tip that seemed like a punishment at first but as time passed by,I found solace in it. He told me to say 'Ex's name-----I forgive u' first thing in the morning when I wake up. It really worked for me. Tho',there are still some certain things that consantly remind me of him. But I justt smile when I remember now unlike then,when I only wished him **** cheesy

After the first break-up,I've been smart enough not to let one break-up turn me into a dummy.
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by POSAKOSA1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2009
nana:

Time is a healer. I remember my first break-up! Oh boy. . .it was tough! All my mum could do was to tell me about hers. . .sheesh! That made me laugh in a way but after a while,I was back to square one. Later had to throw away every gift I got from him,every pics we took together. Couldn't delete the songs cos they are buried in the heart. Luckily for me,I met a pal who I was able to confide in. He gave a tip that seemed like a punishment at first but as time passed by,I found solace in it. He told me to say 'Ex's name-----I forgive u' first thing in the morning when I wake up. It really worked for me. Tho',there are still some certain things that consantly remind me of him. But I justt smile when I remember now unlike then,when I only wished him **** cheesy

After the first break-up,I've been smart enough not to let one break-up turn me into a dummy.

Till I die, I will NEVER wish my ex well. Instead of saying "Ex, I forgive you' I say "Yinka Bassey, I hope you get cancer, die, and rot in hell" May you never marry and may all of your first born children DIE" kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

But good for you to be strong.
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Gamine(f): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2009
*enlightening*
*frightening*

i thought the post is 'Ladies only' ok. . undecided
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by nana(f): 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Till I die, I will NEVER wish my ex well. Instead of saying "Ex, I forgive you' I say "Yinka Bassey, I hope you get cancer, die, and rot in hell" May you never marry and may all of your first born children DIE" kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

But good for you to be strong.
Holy Cow! Gal,I wish Yinka is reading this so that he can ask for ur forgiveness. He must have done u some strong thing mehn.
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by ebila(m): 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2009
nana:

Now this is a great technique.N it's cool u now know how to get over an ex easilly.
Gamine:

*enlightening*

i thought the post is 'Ladies only' ok. . undecided
Beliv me,d tin sef tire me! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by POSAKOSA1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 23, 2009
nana:

Holy Cow! Gal,I wish Yinka is reading this so that he can ask for your forgiveness. He must have done u some strong thing mehn.

Imagine if someone went to your church to try and embarrass your parents. My parents have nothing to do with my relationship. or harassing mother at work ?

Trust me, the only thing I wish for Yinka Bassey is DEATH.
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by nana(f): 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Imagine if someone went to your church to try and embarrass your parents. My parents have nothing to do with my relationship. or harassing mother at work ?

Trust me, the only thing I wish for Yinka Bassey is DEATH.
Hmmm,u can mess with me,but not with my folks. But death?! Anyhoo,it's all good
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by POSAKOSA1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2009
personally I don't think that time heals all wounds. Memories are powerful. Maybe some but not all.
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by kemisuga(f): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2009
@ POSAKOSA - U are really hurt, Sorry. But why wish death for a fellow humanbeing. When God even said we should pray for our enemies and wish them long life.

@ Poster - Memories can never be erased/forgotten.
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Rosabelle(f): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2009
kemisuga:

@ POSAKOSA - U are really hurt, Sorry. But why wish death for a fellow humanbeing. When God even said we should pray for our enemies and wish them long life.
@ Poster - Memories can never be erased/forgotten.
Im sorry, but I disagree. Lots of memories can be erased and forgotten. Sometimes somethings might trigger a memory long "lost" and then one see's the miracle of the human brain, but somethings,a person actually "gets rid of" and nothign can bring them back. Because the human brain is powered by the human spirit and so it all lies with
what kidn of person you are inside.

Im talking from experience, cos I had an experience I thought would kill me and I thought I'd never forget.
A year ago, I met him -   the ex now 5yrs after and I stood beside him for a good 22minutes on the queue at an airport
and didnt know. YES. It is possible. He was soo shocked, he didnt say anything, cos he slowly realised I didnt recognise him.
When eventually he spoke to me, I didnt know who he was. Cos he had changed and I was completely thrown off.
We talked from there until we got where we were going  - about life etc. And even after we had parted, non of the old memories could be refreshed by me. Of all the things he asked me if I remembered about us I could only remember his dog's name (seriously) because it was a beautiful dog.
It made me myself wonder how I could forget soo easily, but I realised that I have been through soooo much more since the time he hurt me.
Ive been happy and Ive cried, my house caught fire, my nephews were born and Ive been to places and Ive met soo many people. My feet have expanded and contracted through the years (I used to be size 40, Im now size 38). . . . .Basically, I had moved on.
Other things have taken up that space.
So please, dont think youre a prisoner to your experiences. Experiences are there to teach us lessons, not to mare us for the rest of our lives.
If you say you cant forget, then its a thing with you and you not being able to let go, but its not general.
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by rhemakc(f): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2009
It pains so much, but u have 2 get over it. cry
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by brooklyn99: 2:58am On Nov 24, 2009
@rosabelle: u used to be a size 40 now u a 38? damn, u still fat sorry,
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by whiteroses(f): 3:12am On Nov 24, 2009
brooklyn99:

maybe 38 italy cos thats like 12 uk
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by whiteroses(f): 3:18am On Nov 24, 2009
@ thread, i got over my ex by lieing to myself that he tries to murder me and it works lol but litereally he can kill judging by what he did to me jare grin that boy was my life and like bam he cuts me off like a bad mole cry but i still miss him inside, hes said he wants me back twice but Gods grace helped me to say no, as i am now till i get married in this life i'm stil prone to going back to him but i wont! men are loosers!
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by nethacker(m): 9:11am On Nov 24, 2009
my ex's dnt get over me so they hv been disturbing me grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Rosabelle(f): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2009
brooklyn99:

See you exhibiting your gayness. Any man who knows a womans body knows size 38 is size 12 and women with size 38/40 are women with THE bodies.
Fat? i dont think so. Even at a size 40, I was still fabulous

whiteroses:

maybe 38 italy cos thats like 12 uk
European 38, thats uk12. Italien 38 is like European 36, uk 10 I think lol,
Re: Ladies Only: How Do You Get Over An Ex? by Youngpo413: 6:25am On Aug 31, 2014
smooooooth: you never get over an EX u rily love. u just get used to the heart break and b4 u know u can live with it.

excellent

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Twerk / Guys Can You Do This For Your Girlfriend? (picture) / My Experience With A Fishy Guy Who Wanted Nothing But Se.x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.