Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun (26444 Views)

Shehu Sani Lists 10 Factors Blocking Nigeria’s Progress, Unity / No Hope For Nigeria Power Sector – Senate / Nigeria Power Sector On The Hopes Of Breakthrough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by MrBONE2(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Please the world is changing so fast so Mrs finance minister follow the trend...

Science has a standard for everything.
To checkmate global warming and ozone depletion there are many technology that has fade out with time to give room for cleaner fuel to power our infrastructures in order to save the earth ozone layer and checkmate global warming.

Sometimes I ask who is advising the woman she looks young but acts so old in the brain. How can in this century you want to use coal to power your country when there are other better way of doing it using solar and wind even ordinary water too.

This woman won't stop disgracing herself and Nigeria at large. So for your mind Na Westerners they hold you .. smh this woman is a joke as one would say apc has graduated the blame game to a whole new level.

#SackKemiNow
Oups i tell you she need to be Guwarad out of that office. grin

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by TheAlchemist: 10:03am On Oct 06, 2016
But Honourable Minister, Kemi Adeosun, if the Western powers are blocking our effort to build coal plants as source of energy, why don't we "GO EAST" (apologies to pet shop boys). Are the Asians also in collusion with the Western powers to frustrate our efforts to build Coal plants?

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by LoveJesus87(m): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2016
porka:
Na wa oh!

These people ehn!

Who is blocking whom now?

Did they not explain to Buhari the consequences of what he was signing last month?

Was he blindfolded?

Did he sign under duress?

I swear these guys are laughable. Dey are a bunch of jokes! cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by 989900: 10:05am On Oct 06, 2016
UK, US, Russia and others, all run on coal mostly . . . WTF! undecided
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by makdcash(m): 10:06am On Oct 06, 2016
OK,we hav gas.....why don't dey use gas cos we hav that plenty

Blue3k:

They arent cheaper and less efficient. Most coal power station don't release much besides CO2 water and trace pollutants. The as you know hydro power we produce is kicked back to Niger and Benin republic, then when water levels go down after rainy season overall production declines. The rest simply aren't as profitable. Yes countries still do use coal plants check China building more and most of world's energy procedure via coal and gas.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Blue3k(m): 10:08am On Oct 06, 2016
shinarambo1:
Do you mean trap co2 and let out water and trace pollutants?
If that is what you meant, those techology are expensive. They dont come cheap. The carbon capture recently constructed by a power utility corporation in Canada for a 120MW plant cost just over 1billion dollars. Can Nigeria afford that?
make them look for other means of power generation as no western country would support this quest.

I didn't mean that at all. I said all out mean it's only byproduct after generation. I'm talking about the regular ones that aren't completely bad like in US and Germany. Yes coal still cheap and efficient for the cost. It's also makes up most of US power supply as well as natural gas. Obama and EPA trying to kill coal with taxes and regulations. Then natural gas got cheap.

makdcash:

You can I'm saying do what ever it takes. I'm energy adnostic. Coal and natural gas most efficient for cost. Yes Nigeria has plenty but adding healthy energy mix to the grig helps with price stability and making sure their always backs up incase of anything.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:
Please the world is changing so fast so Mrs finance minister follow the trend...

To checkmate global warming and ozone depletion there are many technology that has fade out with time to give room for cleaner fuel to power our infrastructures in order to save the earth ozone layer and checkmate global warming.

Sometimes I ask who is advising the woman she looks young but acts so old in the brain. How can in this century you want to use coal to power your country when there are other better way of doing it using solar and wind even ordinary water too.

This woman won't stop disgracing herself and Nigeria at large. So for your mind Na Westerners they hold you .. smh this woman is a joke as one would say apc has graduated the blame game to a whole new level.

#SackKemiNow

You don't understand what she is saying. It is people like you that complain about the use of coal and lack of money for projects. and yet you want the electricity improved immediately without building power plants that takes time..
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by scachy(m): 10:10am On Oct 06, 2016
porka:
Na wa oh!

These people ehn!

Did they not explain to Buhari the consequences of what he was signing last month?

Was he blindfolded?

That's how they ll go round blaming everyone for their incompetence. Thanks so much for this link, before gullible men n women hear ll buy their rotten blame game

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Blue3k(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2016
makdcash:

You can I'm saying do what ever it takes. I'm energy adnostic. Coal and natural gas most efficient for cost. Yes Nigeria has plenty but adding healthy energy mix to the grig helps with price stability and making sure their always backs up incase of anything.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by adegeye38(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:

#SackKemiNow
70% of american 120,000 megawatts generation are from coal, renewable energy like wind turbines are very expensive, we might make use of it in the future but for now coal makes more logical sense

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Worksunlimited: 10:17am On Oct 06, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Buhari's government is that of incompetence and blame..
They don't think out of the box..once is not working according to plan..its finished..next option..blame..

The world is evolving and madam dey here d talk plenty english.

What would u suggest the country should do?
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Blue3k(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2016
kingsley2rhyme:
I still find it hard to really point at a unique technological prowess you are bragging about that Igbos have.

Is it the business sense you use in taking an original product to China for it to be replicated and made very cheap for people to buy that you technological advancement or what? Someone actually designed, prototyped and did the finished job before it came out to market, a typical Ibo business man with good business acumen then takes it to China for it to be produced at a more cheaper rate and u call that a technological prowess? Please say something else.

"Technological development to give them the opportunity to secede you say? Lol in Payan "

Ibo kwenu!!

You don't need our acknowledgement your business success can speak for itself. There's coal in SW region and plenty of investors in nigeria. People can't deny results.

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Blue3k(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2016
metallisc:

you are the same with the people you are trying to justify their backward and obsolete reasoning. The countries that are still running coal powered plants, did you check when they were built or just googling random stuff and coming to spew trash to appear intelligent? Have you seen any country with new power plants that is coal or other fossil fuel based? Stop sounding daft and do some proper research and reading.
How can a finance minister - that has no idea what she is doing in the finance sector yet - be talking about energy related issues she has no basic knowledge of? Check all the other african countries - from rwanda to south africa and algeria - tht are boosting their energy output, they are all focused on renewable and green energy because they are thinking about the future... and some dumb and daft supposed minister in 2016 is talking about coal.. are you fuckingg serious right now?!

Actually yes have you heard of china. You can check most new plants are also natural gas around world which is fossil fuel based. Maybe you should read about price points and efficiency per kilowatt hour before replying to me. I wont bother giving u links because you don't even know those basics facts. Besides most green projects are heavily subsidized for the company's to stay profitable as well.

http://www.powerengineeringint.com/coal-fired/coal-fired-new-projects/more-coal-fired-new-projects.html

http://www.wri.org/resources/data-visualizations/proposed-coal-fired-plants-installed-capacity-mw

http://www.power-eng.com/new-projects/new-projects-gas.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016/4/5/11361390/coal-plant-pipeline-china-india?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by ogwumgbe: 10:27am On Oct 06, 2016
EternalTruths:
This Yoruba woman and her stupid talks.

Western powers can't stop Nigeria from using coal.

What they can only do is to refused to help Nigerians build a Coal powered electricity plant.

But if Nigeria can build it, the Western Nations can't do jack about it.

Therefore she should stop blaming Western Nations for Nigerians technological backwardness. Oh boy, the earlier you realize that Western powers have been hindering your development for decades, the better for you. But the guilty ones are their agents in NASS. THOSE PEOPLE NEED TO BE BURNT ALIVE

A useless nation who refused to tap into Biafra's technological advancements after the war because of fear that the Igbos will use that opportunity to develop technologies that will help them to secede.

SuperS1Panther fr3do muri4mig DelGardo Blue3k Sibrah
Genbuhari

For you people I quoted, stop defending this woman out of ethnic sentiment

Nigeria can generate electricity from the following sources

Biogas(Gas from animal and human wastes)
Gas
Sun
Hydro
Wind
Biofuel( Fuel from green grasses)
Plastic Fuel ( Fuel from plastic wastes)

Coal is not a clean source of energy though it is good when converted to industrial chemicals

if only Nigeria will acknowledge the technological prowess of the Igbo nation and support them to develop electricity technologies just the way Ojukwu supported them in the last war

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by tritt(m): 10:28am On Oct 06, 2016
ADEOSUN, PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE WESTERN POWERS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT STOPPED YOU OR PREVENTED YOU FROM BUILDING COAL-FIRED PLANTS FOR ELECTRICITY. THEY JUST WON'T BUILD COAL-FIRED PLANTS FOR YOU, YOU GO AND TELL NIGERIAN ENGINEERS TO BUILD THEM FOR YOU, THANKS.

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by mencer(m): 10:29am On Oct 06, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has officially signed ‘Paris Agreement on Climate Change’ at the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York September 22, 2016.

an agreement meant to cut global greenhouse gas emissions, mainly from burning fossil fuels, to limit floods, droughts, more powerful storms and rising ocean level

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by pepigeorge(m): 10:34am On Oct 06, 2016
ephi123:

But the government claims to be recovering monies left and right, TSA, looted funds, so why not use that?
Besides they could approach private investors rather than governments - but considering how they've wrecked the business environment I won't blame any private investor who holds back.

This woman brain really dey her pvssy..... men don fvck her brain spoil...... since the European used slaves and colonisation to develop, she for still suggest make we look for country to colonise....

She won live life go back.....

Nigeria get gas full every where. ..u nor fit build common gas turbines na dirty energy source u won use

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by pepigeorge(m): 10:39am On Oct 06, 2016
[quote author=ogwumgbe post=49962655][/quote]

Abeg tell the useless olodo ashawoo dirty yoruba rat call adeosun

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by ogwumgbe: 10:39am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:

If that will bring a lasting and peaceful solution to Nigeria I don't think we should be arguing this...

Nigeria needs energy to grow and in this cause of doing it there are stipulated rules.

Nigeria cant start building coal power plant in this century, without sanctions from international bodies. all those using it now are phasing it out to a renewable energy to salvage the earth depleting ozone layer.h
I bet you are one of the agents these Western monsters are using to hinder our development

Is a no no to coal, other source of energy can be replaced with that. All we want is a guided and proper way to generate stable electricity. Nigeria will adjust to it.

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by naijaking1: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2016
Build a coal power in Enugu again so that Lagos and Ogun will have power while people living near the plant will develop respiratory illness and TB?

3 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by EternalTruths: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2016
tritt:
ADEOSUN, PLEASE STOP BLAMING THE WESTERN POWERS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT STOPPED YOU OR PREVENTED YOU FROM BUILDING COAL-FIRED PLANTS FOR ELECTRICITY. THEY JUST WON'T BUILD COAL-FIRED PLANTS FOR YOU, YOU GO AND TELL NIGERIAN ENGINEERS TO BUILD THEM FOR YOU, THANKS.

Gbam.

That is what she should have said instead of blaming the Western nations.

The Western nations don't build Coal electricity generating plants again.

If Nigerians can't build theirs indigenously, then forget about it

God bless you
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by EternalTruths: 10:45am On Oct 06, 2016
Nalikedis:
which condition aside rules made by super powers which they themselves renege on. Nuclear power is the cheapest, cleanest, and the most sustainable source of energy yet the super powers cornered it. They only conspire to stop lesser countries from building nuclear plant while they legislate on building new nuclear plants. After they have burnt coal for years they coerced us to sign agreement. More than 70% of their power came from fossil fuel and they are not closing those plants up but they are mandating us not to build ours. they shifted their attention to a far cheaper nuclear and make stringent rules that will prevent us from following same route instead they ask us to safe the planet by using the super expensive solar technology and like illiterate and ignorant most of us are we hail them on and claim sophistication. Time to have more engineers and scientist in government they understand how things work and how to solve problems all this lawyers and economist only live by the rules and economize a ridiculously insufficient resources... no idea on how to create resources

For the first time on NL, you have acknowledged one of the solutions to Nigeria's backwardness
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by drnoel: 10:51am On Oct 06, 2016
porka:
Na wa oh!

These people ehn!

Was he blindfolded?

Bros thank you very much. Who is deceiving who? Was our good Kemi not there during the sugning? Or does she think Nigerians are fools? Or maybe she is trying misdirection so that Nigerians can concentrate anger on the west and forget their incompetence?
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Funlordjnr: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2016
This kemi sef........ always crying?

I just wonder how those her bedroom eyes would look when she's crying about non fiscal matters in my bedroom!

angry

2 Likes

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by obailala(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2016
ephi123:

Your info is completely wrong. There is a reason they are called PRIVATE investors.

Yes inedeed. TSA isn't disposable income because it either doesn't exist or has been looted out of existence.

Yes, Buhari had numerous discussions with the Chinese president yet we can see absolutely no outcome.

Anyway, you guys can continue defending a failing government. The consequences will be borne by all.
Lady, this isn't a 'pdp vs apc' issue, this is rather a 'Nigeria vs them' issue and what I'm saying to you now has nothing to do with defending any particular govt. Yes we have to criticise but not everything is worthy of criticism, we mustn't just 'oppose' simply for the sake of it.

Try and inform yourself on the way things work out there, if the UK govt. is against a coal project in Nigeria, a private UK body cannot leave the UK to come invest in a coal project in Nigeria, this is simple logic; activities of companies are regulated by their governments.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by Max24: 11:22am On Oct 06, 2016
I thought she was talking about witchcraft powers...
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by ephi123(f): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2016
obailala:
Lady, this isn't a 'pdp vs apc' issue, this is rather a 'Nigeria vs them' issue and what I'm saying to you now has nothing to do with defending any particular govt. Yes we have to criticise but not everything is worthy of criticism, we mustn't just 'oppose' simply for the sake of it.

Try and inform yourself on the way things work out there, if the UK govt. is against a coal project in Nigeria, a private UK body cannot leave the UK to come invest in a coal project in Nigeria, this is simple logic; activities of companies are regulated by their governments.

I am familiar with the UK system, I know government can lobby and appeal to individuals (private investors) but they surely cannot force them on what or what not to do. Same UK where Sir Philip Green carried pension money of over £400 million and govt could do nothing about it, is that the kind of individual they will stop from investing wherever he chooses to do so. It is not a matter of logic, it is simply a matter of what obtains.

1 Like

Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by ATERI(m): 11:34am On Oct 06, 2016
Western Powers that are using coal to generate electricity right, left and centre are stopping you from doing the same and you go to the west to rant, right? What a slave!
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by 400billionman: 11:38am On Oct 06, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Buhari's government is that of incompetence and blame..
They don't think out of the box..once is not working according to plan..its finished..next option..blame..

The world is evolving and madam dey here d talk plenty english.

Seriously, Nigeria is a soveriegn state and nobody can ask her not to build a power plant of her choice.

The problem here is that kemi and her team want to borrow from the west, World bank or IMF to finance an " I Pass My Neighbor " power plant which they have refused.

Let them goto china and do PPP...
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by 400billionman: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2016
ATERI:

Western Powers that are using coal to generate electricity right, left and centre are stopping you from doing the same and you go to the west to rant, right? What a slave!

I too was very ashamed reading that she said this in a foreign country.

They would be laughing silently at her stupidity.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by gemale(m): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2016
GenBuhari:
I keep saying it. Africa can never advance until we cut all ties with the white man.
The white is to blame for all Africa problems.

Blame game it may be, but it is a simple truth.

Kemi is one of my top 2 favourite ministers. She is courageous to say truth even if you means being critical of the Western countries. This is not the first time she made such comments.

PMB made a great decision in appointing her to the Finance ministry.
Keep on blaming oyibo instead of D evil leaders we hv always bn afflicted wt. Blame d foolish kings & Chiefs dt workd hand in glove wt d white explorers 2 sell their pple as slaves in xchange 4 mirrors, bottles of rum, hats, walking stick etc wt out asking y d white man wasn't selling his own pple back. Blame d leaders who hvnt still changed their stripes. Blame d leaders who were engaging in coups, counter coups, genocides, ethnic & religious cleansing when d white man was labouring 2 make his own coun3 beta. Blame d leaders who turned & still turn a blind eye 2 d activities of nefarious foreign businessmen as dey rape, pillage, pollute & exploit their economies in return 4 kickbacks & bribes, who allow the white man run amok doing wt he can't do in his own land here. Blame those kleptomanic leaders who rob their nations blind & carry their loot 2 stash in d white man's land wt out questioning demselves y d white doesn't steal 4rm his pple & keep d wealth in his coun3. Blame d leaders wt chronic hamartias of hubris & overblown egos whilst among their own pple bt in d white man's land bcom sniveling, groveling sycophants ready 2 engage in self-abasement & ingratiation even wt out being given d go ahead by their white masters, D leaders who strut d departure lounges of our airports lyk peacocks bt scurry in d arrival lounges of d white man's airport lyk timid rats, ready 2 postrate 2 greet d cleaners dere. Those r d pple 2 blame. D white man is only being smart by taking advantage of D inconsideration & selfishness of our leaders. As my mother says "if u act lyk monkey, no vex when pple start dey throw u banana". Wld u blame Jacob in d bible 4 collecting Esau's birthright? No, blame Esau who was so foolish dt he wld sell his entire birthright 4 a mess of pottage. Dts wt our leaders continuously do. Dey sell our entire birthrights 4 messes of pottage.
Re: Western Powers Blocking Nigeria’s Power Solution – Adeosun by 400billionman: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2016
TheEastActivist:

#SackKemiNow

Even Dangote is building a coal fired plant as we speak and jettisoning his already existing Gas fired plant citing Gas supply issues owing to bombings as his reasons.

You guys dont seem to understand that she is looking for loan to financce her " I Pass My Neighbor " power plant. Hence the conditions..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tony Nwulu Launches Not Too Young To Run Bill Campaign At United Nation Assembly / Xenophobia: Henry Okay, Nigerians Attacked In South African Prisons - MEND / Speaker, Gbajabiamila & Deputy Speaker, Wase Visit President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.