Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused (9030 Views)

She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist / I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. / I'm Confused On Who To Choose, Help Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Seun(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
Acidosis:
The richest man in Ota is a Christian. That's great! You should covert to Christianity so you can be equally rich. How about that?
The richest man in Ota makes money by telling people things that aren't true and 'confiscating' their income. I don't want that type of wealth tongue

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Ok, but like you said, the children part is the part i don't think i can cope with, i could cope with every other thing. I cannot imagine my future kids as strong atheists who will disregard all that i have to offer as a mother.

Is your wife an atheist too? And a Nigerian? I've never heard of female atheists in Nigeria.

And you really did not understand my first question, i did not say i was going to tell my mother that he is an atheist, but my mother will surely engage him in a personal conversation if i take him to her and religious questions are inevitable. What will he say if she starts asking him the name of his church, denoination, fellowship, Pastors e.t.c? If he lies, and she later finds out, it would all be directed to me and i will not be able to withstand the pain and dissapointment my mother will feel and show towards me. And if he tells her the truth, she may not bless or approve the marriage.

Please don't tell me all you've got to offer as a mother is religion or religion-based, please don't cry ....You can be a good mother without instilling the fear of a sky monster in your children. All you have to do is make them have an undying love and passion for humanity. Make them to love people regardless of race, color, creed, situation or circumstance. Whatever will hurt the society should be away from their minds.

And my wife is agnostic, though it wasn't my criterion before we got together. I didn't really care about her religious beliefs. And No she is not a Nigerian, I would have loved to marry one but I couldn't get a 'good' one. smiley

I wouldn't advise him to lie if he had to answer your mom's questions about his beliefs. I just believe that what will be will eventually be! The ball is in your court though.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by ElsonMorali: 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

I'll advice you to run for your life dear. A godless person will always remain a godless person.

Unless of course you don't value your faith. Believe me, one day he's going to tell you to stop worshipping your God if you want to remain married to him.

It's quite impossible for someone who doesn't love God to truly love his wife.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by firstking01(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
Seun:
The most wonderful man you have met in the world is an atheist. That's great! You should convert to atheism so you can be equally wonderful.
This is your advice is so so effing wrongundecided
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by hahn(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Ok, but i tot some atheists claim that they believe in themselves and their belief is in themselves. Or is that different from atheism?

According to google

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

undecided
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by hahn(m): 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
HungerBAD:

No be my fault,I no know book.

So Atheist people no believe in anything Hahn?una go go hell fire oh.

According to google

atheism
ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

undecided
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by hahn(m): 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Leave religion out of the matters of the heart.

It is his right to believe in whatever he believes in,and as long as those beliefs do not harm you,or him even forcing you to be an atheist,then follow your heart.

Who is Christian?I am sure there are more Atheist who do more good,than those that claim to be Christians.

If marriage is your intention,then you guys should have a talk on how you guys wants the kids raised.

There are Atheists here married to Christian women,and I think they have a good marriage.

Hahn come here,shebi your madam na Christian?

She was a Christian. She is now agnostic. You can say she is searching for the truth on her own

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by firstking01(m): 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
MasterofNL:

Please go to hell alone and stop trying to drag others along with you!
Asif you can escape the judgement of GOD, dey there dey decieve yourself until trumpet soundundecided
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by sexymoma(f): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
stephenmorris:
you guys think u know something but you know nothing ,pastor chris and his wife werent they christians ,shey dem no divorce ,
Who is talking about pastor chris here angry
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by simplex2: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
You finally had the chance to fall in love with an atheist and you are complaining.

Atheists don't worship god, so he will direct all his worship on you; you will be loved, cherished, adored, revered, cared for, pampered and literally worshiped!

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by firstking01(m): 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2016
exceltech:

As a human ,how are you better than an atheist ?
Hahahahaha, a typical question of an atheist, everything about you is revolved round this world forgetting that the spiritual controls the physical...life is way more than just your physical looks and achievesundecided

Now, 5 reasons why as a christian i'm better than you atheistundecided

1.I hear directly from God, i know you are already doubting owing to the fact that satan has blindfolded your heart and mind to even believe that there's a God in heaven let alone Him speaking to a mere mortalundecided

2.I pray and HE(GOD) answersundecided

3.I live a supernatural life, like a stated earlier the supernatural controls the natural...if i start telling you my ordeals with God i swear you won't believe me, so no need cool.

4.I have direction in life and i know where i'm going after now....when i say direction it's nt just knowing the roots from your house to lecture hall, i mean nothing can attack me spiritually, before you even summon me in your witchcraft coven God as usual will show me ahead of time, it's part of the supernatural life i was talking about at point 3 cool

5.I'm better than you as a christian because i still have a life to live after nowundecided

This is just a clue to the few things "i" enjoy or have enjoyed ever since i came to believe and serve HIMcheesy....

Note, the aforementions above is workable or accessible to only those who trust and believe in HIM genuinely and serve Him whole heartedlyundecided

Come on, ask me another question....i full ground for una wey be atheist today, my heart goes to ronal4life my real G, i just wish he 'll see life beyond this atheisty something or whatever....i even delibrately skipt qouting scriptures sef you you won't say i'm a religious bigotundecided…you berra raise your two hands up and surrender to GOD, or you wanna become the second saul on his way to damascus??, when after his encounter with the holyghost was given a new name "paul"??,...are you ready young man??

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
firstking01:
Hahahahaha, a typical question of an atheist, everything about you is revolved round this world forgetting that the spiritual controls the physical...life is way more than just your physical looks and achievesundecided

1.I hear directly from God, i know you are already doubting owing to the fact that satan has blindfolded your heart and mind to even believe that there's a God in heaven let alone Him speaking to a mere mortalundecided

3.I live a supernatural life, like a stated earlier the supernatural controls the natural...if i start telling you my ordeals with God i swear you won't believe me, so no need cool.

4.I have direction in life and i know where i'm going after now....when i say direction it's nt just knowing the roots from your house to lecture hall, i mean nothing can attack me spiritually, before you even summon me in your witchcraft coven God as usual will show me ahead of time, it's part of the supernatural life i was talking about at point 3 cool

5.I'm better than you as a christian because i still have a life to live after nowundecided

This is just a clue to the few things "i" enjoy or have enjoyed ever since i came to believe and serve HIMcheesy....

Note, the aforementions above is workable or accessible to only those who trust and believe in HIM genuinely and serve Him whole heartedlyundecided

Come on, ask me another question....i full ground for una wey be atheist today, my heart goes to ronal4life my real G, i just wish he 'll see life beyond this atheisty something or whatever....i even delibrately skipt qouting scriptures sef you you won't say i'm a religious bigotundecided…you berra raise your two hands up and surrender to GOD, or you wanna become the second saul on his way to damascus??, when after his encounter with the holyghost was given a new name "paul"??,...are you ready young man??
come and open thread in religious section for me and you
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by firstking01(m): 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
exceltech:

As a human ,how are you better than an atheist ?

4.I have direction in life and i know where i'm going after now....when i say direction it's nt just knowing the routes from your house to lecture hall, i mean nothing can attack me spiritually, before you even summon me in your witchcraft coven God as usual will show me ahead of time, it's part of the supernatural life i was talking about at point 3 cool

Come on, ask me another question....i full ground for una wey be atheist today, my heart goes to ronal4life my real G, i just wish he 'll see life beyond this atheisty something or whatever....i even delibrately skipt qouting scriptures sef you you won't say i'm a religious bigotundecided…you berra raise your two hands up and surrender to GOD, or you wanna become the second saul on his way to damascus??, when after his encounter with the holyghost was given a new name "paul"??,...are you ready young man??...
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by yorhmienerd(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2016
Firstking01 You earned my respect today. AS FOR spicyjosbabe, you have a conviction that God exist right? Think about the future not the present
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by exceltech: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
firstking01:

What about you doesn't reflect about the world, money , business, job, women attention, fame, dancing in church or talking to yourself ?

That is called hallucination.

Any evidence for that ?

No you don't , you do every thing that all average person does, sleep, wake, gossip etc.
but if you think am wrong just state one verifiable thing you possess that is "supernatural".

First of all there is nothing like spiritual attack, that is a made up concept to make you
feel better than others.

You don't know that, don't gamble your life on unfounded assumption.

It is unfortunate that you couldn't state just one real thing that makes you better
as a christian other than some jewish mumbo jumbo myths, one would have thought
that as a christian there is a special tangible thing you enjoy that others don't and can't.

If I were you, I will evaluate myself if my reality isn't different from the average human
reality despite supposedly having a "spiritual backing".

Of what use is a "powerful" spirituality that can't even pull a strand of hair on your head ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by firstking01(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Firstking01 You earned my respect today. AS FOR spicyjosbabe, you have a conviction that God exist right? Think about the future not the present
Bienvenue brother cool
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
exceltech:

What about you doesn't reflect about the world, money , business, job, women attention, fame, dancing in church or talking to yourself ?

Any evidence for that ?

No you don't , you do every thing that all average person does, sleep, wake, gossip etc.
but if you think am wrong just state one verifiable thing you possess that is "supernatural".

First of all there is nothing like spiritual attack, that is a made up concept to make you
feel better than others.

It is unfortunate that you couldn't state just one real thing that makes you better
that as a christian there is a special tangible thing you enjoy that others don't and can't.

If I were you, I will evaluate myself if my reality isn't different from the average human

Of what use is a "powerful" spirituality that can't even pull a strand of hair on your head ?
you just killed that boy,nice comment bro

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by firstking01(m): 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
exceltech:

Any evidence for that ?

feel better than others.

If only i can meet you in person as that seems the only way m i can prove those things i wrote to you cos i can see your problem is that you want to see live results...if you meet me in person believe you me you must carry bible and go to church tomorrow evening...shebi you want to see the power of GOD in display ba?...i wonder why there are no atheist in ph, i need to convert them asap...won't say much cos i like using myself as a case study....forget the fact that firstking01 is all over romance section that's me for you...there are 3 areas of life that i'm gifted...

1.Relationship...that's why you see me on romance section.

2.Spiritually ballanced and inclined.

3.Education.

And that's the 3 sections on nairaland i'm mostly active....

I said that cos i'm seeing people say i'm controversial, yeah, if your life is easily predicted people won't take you serious and ofcourse you are likely not to have record results with your dealings with people...that's by the way tho...

Back to your questiona, i can't prove to you how God answer my prayers without physical proves and that's why i would prefer you meet me cos christians have spiritual pedigree, maybe the ones you 've met are still new babes/converts that 1st peter 2:1 talked about....

Do you know in my family there was a time i was manipulated academically:-??....how God brought me out of that academic shame is still a mystery to me....that's where i came to believe that there's a God in heaven...

Bro, meet me in person cool.
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Cutehector(m): 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
Everybody quoting 2 Corinthians 6:14 should just keep shut! Yes, shut it!

What nonsense...

How many married so called Christians who commit adultery? Huh? All you people knw is to quote scriptures, but when it comes to keeping the commandments, everyone pretends to hide under the "we are human beings" clause.

Op please get married to that man! I don't care how you wana do it, just get married to him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
favoureyo:
2 Corinthians 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers ...
You are quoting do not be yoked together with unbelievers in an ATHEIST owned forum, I'm sure you probably use facebook also owned by another ATHEIST, and whatsapp too also owned by an ATHEIST...do you not see the irony in what you're doing?

Or NL is not yoking with unbeliever ATHEIST Seun abi?

The irony is so outstanding, I'm surprised you can't see it o. undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
@ OP who told you the Christian brothers are better? Hypocritical set of people that goes to church on Sunday's and commits all sort during the week. All those wife beaters, cheaters, smokers and so on are either Christian or Muslim And not more morally upright than an atheist. This guy is not criticizing you for who you are, I.e a Christian, he's in love with you for who you are, you can as well love him for who he is. That person talking about prayer, if it could solve all problems in marriage including domestic abuse I bet u wouldn't hear of a Christian couple divorce lipsrsealed There's a lot ahead anyway. I wish you the best in whatever you decide

5 Likes

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Cronnie7: 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2016
All the wife beaters and cheats I know invoke Jesus or Allah in their prayers....pple be talking as if belief in a God can make a man a good husband

5 Likes

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2016
classicB:
@ OP who told you the Christian brothers are better? Hypocritical set of people that goes to church on Sunday's and commits all sort during the week. All those wife beaters, cheaters, smokers and so on are either Christian or Muslim And not more morally upright than an atheist. This guy is not criticizing you for who you are, I.e a Christian, he's in love with you for who you are, you can as well love him for who he is. That person talking about prayer, if it could solve all problems in marriage including domestic abuse I bet u wouldn't hear of a Christian couple divorce lipsrsealed There's a lot ahead anyway. I wish you the best in whatever you decide
Cutehector:
Everybody quoting 2 Corinthians 6:14 should just keep shut! Yes, shut it!
What nonsense...
How many married so called Christians who commit adultery? Huh? All you people knw is to quote scriptures, but when it comes to keeping the commandments, everyone pretends to hide under the "we are human beings" clause.
Op please get married to that man! I don't care how you wana do it, just get married to him.

Thank u so much guyz. I love your points. Morality to a large extent does not depend on religion from what i have observed.
There are christians with extremely terrible characters and non christians with a kinder heart or a greater morality. May God help us all to be better people.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by RaptObserver: 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2016
you should ask him how he intends to perform the marriage rites. But truth be told, Atheists are not monsters the way some ppl paint it. It is better you ask him to tell you why he chose the path so you can understand him better. You have said, he has all you need except religion, in life we can't have it all. We have seen pastors who beat their wives, some cheat on their wives and some abandon(divorce) them. So being religious is not a guarantee.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by SpicyJosBabe(f): 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
simplex2:
You finally had the chance to fall in love with an atheist and you are complaining.

Atheists don't worship god, so he will direct all his worship on you; you will be loved, cherished, adored, revered, cared for, pampered and literally worshiped!

How do u mean? Are u an atheist or are you married to one?
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by simplex2: 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

How do u mean? Are u an atheist or are you married to one?

I'm agnostic, we are close relatives to atheists so I can tell you authoritatively that being in love with an atheist is the best thing that will happen to you. My fiance is a Christian and we don't have any qualms. She drags me to church once in a while but she knows the only God I worship is her and my tithe belongs to her; all special seeds, first fruits, special covenant offering belongs to her. And mehn do I love her? She's my own goddess and I adore her like no other.

So my dear, don't let this opportunity slip you by.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by drmikeadams(m): 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
grin grin grin kontinu quoting bible. grin grin na them go fornicate and gossip pass grin ; i don see them types for church,,bleeping hypocrites..kontinu been deceived by pastors...huna go sow seed of millions for church yet they can provide for thier family...hhuna pastors go dey buy 2017 model cars huna go use the small one wey huna get dey dash them..religion don finish huna..kontinu, grin e go be huna like film at the end huna go know say religion na jonsing ..you treat ur fellow human with disdain, grin grin u hate thy neighbours yet you run hup han down quoting bible...kontinu deceiving your self' grin grin huna go wait for God ,grow white hair reach age of 150 huna no go see am

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by drmikeadams(m): 11:56pm On Oct 06, 2016
firstking01:
If only i can meet you in person as that seems the only way m i can prove those things i wrote to you cos i can see your problem is that you want to see live results...if you meet me in person believe you me you must carry bible and go to church tomorrow evening...shebi you want to see the power of GOD in display ba?...i wonder why there are no atheist in ph, i need to convert them asap...won't say much cos i like using myself as a case study....forget the fact that firstking01 is all over romance section that's me for ;Dyou...there are 3 areas of life that i'm gifted...

1.Relationship...that's why you see me on romance section.

2.Spiritually ballanced and inclined.

3.Education.

And that's the 3 sections on nairaland i'm mostly active....

I said that cos i'm seeing people say i'm controversial, yeah, if your life is easily predicted people won't take you serious and ofcourse you are likely not to have record results with your dealings with people...that's by the way tho...

Back to your questiona, i can't prove to you how God answer my prayers without physical proves and that's why i would prefer you meet me cos christians have spiritual pedigree, maybe the ones you 've met are still new babes/converts that 1st peter 2:1 talked about....

Do you know in my family there was a time i was manipulated academically:-??....how God brought me out of that academic shame is still a mystery to me....that's where i came to believe that there's a God in heaven...

Bro, meet me in person cool.
grin grin this one dey form john d baptist.. grin grin grin i don die

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 07, 2016
You should talk to him about this. Find out what he wants and then see if you are looking for the same things. He could tell your mum he's not religious and she might lecture him a little.

If you can accept him and respect the fact that he is a grown man who is capable of understanding the world for himself. Then I don't see the problem. But if like most people you're worried about what others will say or think about your husband not being at church or whatever he's expected to do then don't stress yourself and leave him.

You need to talk to him find out how life with him would be like. If you can have an understanding where you're loyal to each other and you are both welling to compromise a little then there is hope. I think it's too soon for you to be stressing about his religious views when you don't know each other well enough to know that you are compatible on other levels. Just enjoy him and plan together how you will overcome your religious differences.
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by M2dX(m): 3:53am On Oct 07, 2016
how on earth can a fully grow intelligence man won't believe in his Creator? this is unbelievable,, so when you want sleep or to go to bed no prayer,no thanks when you Wake up and when you want to work or travel,,? so the protect he is getting from birth till now is from who? , .please if you cant belief in God because of not seeing him with your kolokolo eyes why not belief from wonderful things he created in this planet earth and in universe? you can't see a beautiful house inside a Forest and concluded that no one build it because you cant find or see the builder. let's think with our head pls..
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by firstking01(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2016
drmikeadams:
grin grin this one dey form john d baptist.. grin grin grin i don die
He might even be the john the baptist of our timeundecided
Re: Should I Continue My Relationship With An Atheist? I'm Confused by Acidosis(m): 7:29am On Oct 07, 2016
Seun:

The richest man in Ota makes money by telling people things that aren't true and 'confiscating' their income. I don't want that type of wealth tongue

Try and tell people things that aren't real, let's see the number of followers/money you can gather in 20 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Tell Her She Stinks? / Will You Love If Your Wife Dress This Way (pix) / Do Men Prefer Skinny Women Or Curvacious Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.