Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja (25852 Views)

Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon / DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja by figoperch: 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Suddenly, DSS can now usurp the role of Nigeria Judicial Council without recourse to judicial process? Were they invited prior to this invasion?

Orlandowoh

Word on the block is that after presenting concrete proof of wrongdoing to the NJC against 2 judges, all the NJC did was to retire the judges which seemed like a slap on d wrist. Hence DSS decided to go for the jugular.

As for me, I like this move by DSS. Let those judges stop being comfortable with bribes.

Let them understand the new Sherrif is different.

But DSS should focus on legislooters.
Re: DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja by figoperch: 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
martineverest:
when they didnt open the door for dem,y wont dey break in?

To get search warrant, they must go to court.
If they go to court, the cat is already out of the bag.
The element of surprise is the only way. dss need hard evidence against these people.
Any hint of their coming and all documents will vanish.

I'm waiting for seasons 2 & 3 of this reality show
Re: DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja by figoperch: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2016
Weah96:

That's how you serve a warrant. You first knock, if they refuse to open, you proceed to gain entry with high prejudice.

There are certain things a judge does during a trial which immediately betrays his partiality. Watch THE VERDICT with Paul Newman. Corrupt judges are despicable human beings. Ever wondered how someone can use public funds to build a personal mansion and doesn't go to jail? I know you have. We've become DESENSITIZED to the cycle of cronyism and embezzlement. Time to remind judges that no one is above the law.

The corrupt ones among them have been so comfortable enjoying their romance with the BIG thieves.

Let them also feel the heat. Others would have started sharing their property and loot among relatives by now.

It's a vicious cycle - Legislooters have refused to amend laws to give severe punishment to looters of public funds,

judiciary gives minimum penalty to big thieves and maximum penalty to small thieves who can't buy justice,

the executive makes a mambo jumbo of everything.

Naija
Re: DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja by gemale(m): 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
bettercreature:
Judges are the number one problem facing this country,Any sensible man will wonder why no one has been sent to jail since the start of war against corruption
Justice is up for sale to the higher bidder,Our justice system must be sanitized if we actually want to move forward
I'd recommend the sack of all federal judges if i were to be among presidency advisory commitee on anti-corruption
I don't doubt dt dere r certain rotten eggs among judges bt u hv 2 tnk objectively. A judge is supposed 2 render judgement based on d strength of valid evidence tendered 2 him. If d accuser can't prove prima facie (beyond all reasonable doubt) dt d accused is guilty (especially in criminal cases), d judge has no option bt 2 acquit d accused. Dts d law. D fact dt som1 is accused of somtn doesn't mean he/she is automatically guilty. He has 2 b given d chance 2 fully defend him/herself. Instead of attacking & vilifying judges, y can't we address d investigation techniques & methods of our law enforcement agencies (police, DSS, EFCC, ICPC etc)eg Imagine if a case is brought b4 a judge in which d major evidence is a confession extracted via torture or illegal force & duress; d judge has no oda option dan 2 rule in favor of d accused & order his discharge. Also we need 2 amend portions of our Constitution & acts dt present loopholes 4 nefarious individuals 2 exploit eg d removal of immunity clause dt exempts incumbent public officials 4rm being prosecuted 4 criminal charges. Whether we lyk it or nt, dere r laid down procedures on hw 2 prosecute accused persons (hw 2 gather & preserve evidence, conditions 4 arrest, detention, searching etc) & if d accusers flout those rules, dey wldnt b able 2 obtain d required judgment 4rm judges. Also d legal system is quite choked & judges r often overladen wt numerous cases hence a times, in a bid 2 hasten things up, dey might nt pay sufficient attention needed 2 cases brought b4 dem. Those & many more r pertinent matas dt shld b addressed 1st b4 deciding 2 abduct dem gestapo style.
Re: DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja by Welrez(m): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

So because they are Supreme Court judges they can't commit crime? You may as well say the men in EFCC don't take bribe because they fight againt it.
What is the essence of the NJC?
Re: DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja by bart10: 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2016
Obijulius:
Tinubu is going down gradually.

Only the discerning wil understand...keep watching!!!

I'm trying to understand your thought flow. All I know is that it's Nigeria that is going down. Tinubu is just one out of 180 million. He's made his own mistakes helping to bring a tyrant as the president of Nigeria but right now we are all endangered by the recklessness of this government under the guise of fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja by Emassive(m): 12:27am On Oct 10, 2016
He be like say you get problem with sanity judging by your comments. Who breaks into a man's house that's not harmed and shown sign of resisting arrest? Spirit of dumb rocks your boat
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

The DSS will not move against these Judge's,if there are no proof of them collecting bribes.

These are Judges,and not ordinary Nigerians. So for the Security men to publicly move against them this way,would show they have gathered tangible evidences.

The Judiciary is the most protected Arm of any Government,and I hope to God the DSS are sure of what they are doing.

If these Judges have been compromised,then the National Judicial Council should not only Debar them,but they should be jailed for a long time for bringing the legal system to a disrepute.

I stand with the fight against corrupt Judges.
Re: DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja by Emassive(m): 12:31am On Oct 10, 2016
The court is your only hope. I would rather have a 3arm of Govt with totally different ideas and working system because that's the real deal of hope. Not a system for one tyrant to control 100%
luwiizy:
the Dss are not street police so I believe for them to take such action on a judge believe me it takes guts and concrete evidence to back up... we have so many legal thieves hiding under wig, Buhari needs to clean up that system I don't care how he does it....
because the court is the only hope for an odinary man walking the street.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Takeaways From Saraki’s Response To Tinubu / Ganduje To Establish Hermaphrodite Centre In Kano / Kperogi: Obidients Are The New Buharists, Get Ready For Their Rank Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.