Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,389 members, 7,958,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) (26487 Views)

Suicide Bomber Attacks Borno By Chad Basin, Kills 2, Injures Others (Graphic) / Yahaya Bello Visits Police Station Attacked By Boko Haram (Pics) / Boy Killed In Borno By Suicide Bomber While Trying To Save Others (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by malton: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2016
hopilo:
Boko Haram is defeated, Maidugari is safe, please don't discredit the work of our president with this cock and bull story, tell us that another thing killed this fine gentle man but not Boko haram. R I p to the departed.

So you're more concerned about the reputation of your dear president than any truth there is to events.

Maiduguri and environs are safe to a certain degree, but there are ongoing battles in Sambisa and at the borders between Nigeria, Chad, and Cameroon.

The guy was actually killed at the border between Nigeria and Chad since last week, I think. My dad informed me about it since Saturday, exactly a week ago.

2 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by edo3(m): 8:16am On Oct 08, 2016
hopilo:
Boko Haram is defeated, Maidugari is safe, please don't discredit the work of our president with this cock and bull story, tell us that another thing killed this fine gentle man but not Boko haram. R I p to the departed.
Bros,,na bokoharam kill,,IEd to be precised..defeated my ass.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Abiodunoluseun: 8:18am On Oct 08, 2016
Lukenitheooo6:
The picture where he was with Good luck
jonathan looks like photoshop
don't say what you are not sure of, he was a good military parade commander, that was 2012 or 20013 at eagles square Abuja while he was still serving in presidential Guards bridgade Abuja. u can get d video to confirm it.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Yeligray(m): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2016
I just pray they take care of your family.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Akkotto: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2016
Wiping out southern soldiers any norther(Muslims among them is collateral damage that cannot be avoided)
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Abiodunoluseun: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2016
magicminister:
This is not as exciting as seeing a dead policeman
Don't worry whatever you wish somebody shall b your lots. I don't just know why some of you always reason like animal because they dash you Little mb then you think you av right to say what will incure God's wrath on life.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Lloydfather(m): 8:25am On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=eposho post=50014731]Don't c reason anyone should die for Nigeria.

Another falling hero from southern part of Nigeria. since I started following the death of officers fighting book haram I 've not seen news of demise of officers from northerns like that of the southerns. does that mean they deploy officers from south to die while fighting book haram and deploy northern officers to south to kill innocent citizens. Nigerian wake up.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by malton: 8:26am On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=Lloydfather post=50016955][/quote]

You're ridiculous.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Bethelwealthy(m): 8:28am On Oct 08, 2016
Rest In Peace Gallant 'Boy'.
If only our govt will be truthful about d real state of things.......They keep lying but people keep dying, dying for a country thats not worth it.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by magicminister: 8:29am On Oct 08, 2016
Abiodunoluseun:
Don't worry whatever you wish somebody shall b your lots. I don't just know why some of you always reason like animal because they dash you Little mb then you think you av right to say what will incure God's wrath on life.

Is your father or a family member a police man or in the armed forces?
If so, I can't wait to see him brutally slaughtered like an animal that he is
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by 41lady(m): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2016
Raphael81:
Very fine man, its a shame our political leaders allowed the boko haram to fester for their selfish and egoistic goals, the insect that eats the green leaf lives among them, someday everybody shall render account of his stewardship before God, the blood of the innocent people killed by the boko haram menance continue crying to heaven for vengeance, the boko haram blood thirsty animals and their sponsors whoever they are shall never go unpunished. Amen
AMEN.....!!!
This guy was just sent to Maiduguri to be killed because he work with GEJ.... I am just interpreting his formal picture.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by jelal007(m): 8:32am On Oct 08, 2016
eposho:
Don't c reason anyone should die for Nigeria.
Dullard....it isn't about Nigeria. Its about humanity stupid. That's what keeps them going.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by vislabraye(m): 8:33am On Oct 08, 2016
sotall:
If this news is true, then all is not well as far as victory over boko haram is concerned. Boko haram keeps killing our gallant soldiers everyday but the news of their demise never get reported.

R.IP gallant soldier. God will take care of the family your left behind.

The press is quiet about this. They will never report the killing of our soldiers. They have joined the FG in propaganda. angry
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Lloydfather(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2016
I don't care about what u think. @ malton. that is the fact
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by malton: 8:37am On Oct 08, 2016
Lloydfather:
I don't care about what u think. @ malton. that is the fact

You do not have to care. Just don't be petty.

Presently, a few officer friends of mine are there in the middle of it all battling their asses off. They are all northerners. Personally, I lost an uncle of mine sometime around December, last year, to Boko Haram.

I know and have heard about officers of northern extraction killed in those battles.

Not everyone takes to publicity. That you don't read about them on nairaland does not mean that they don't happen.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by kestolove95(m): 8:39am On Oct 08, 2016
why dem knw go kill u...Nigeria send u to outside to learn hw to fight nd protct ur sef but NO...na selfie u go dey take wit oyibo
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by anny268(f): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2016
This life is nothing. It will never b well with book haram in Jesus name. Amen. cry
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by zurine(f): 8:44am On Oct 08, 2016
hmm, so sad
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by hopilo: 8:45am On Oct 08, 2016
malton:

So you're more concerned about the reputation of your dear president than any truth there is to events.

Maiduguri and environs are safe to a certain degree, but there are ongoing battles in Sambisa and at the borders between Nigeria, Chad, and Cameroon.

The guy was actually killed at the border between Nigeria and Chad since last week, I think. My dad informed me about it since Saturday, exactly a week ago.

Then it must be in Chad end of the border, why will he cross into Chad? There is no Boko haram anywhere in Nigeria territory. The president, APC chieftains and the Army has confirm the defeat of Boko haram since December 2015.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by edo3(m): 8:48am On Oct 08, 2016
kestolove95:
why dem knw go kill u...Nigeria send u to outside to learn hw to fight nd protct ur sef but NO...na selfie u go dey take wit oyibo
This woman harsh oo,,u know am before?
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 08, 2016
chie8:
Major Erasmus lost his life during anti-Boko Haram military operation in Borno state.

His friend, Raphael Edem, mourns the untimely demise of the gallant Nigerian officer: "The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained. May God rest your soul and may your ultimate sacrifice not be in vain. .
Edem, who is a media aide to Governor Udom Emmanuel, took to his Facebook wall to pour his heart out regarding the irreplaceable loss of his friend and a Nigerian hero in his own right. According to Edem, Major Erasmus was at one time the Second-in-Command at the Nigerian Army Brigade in Ibagwa, Abak Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom state, until he was posted to Maiduguri, some months ago, to join troops in the eye of the storm, where the Boko Haram war raged the most.He wrote..

'Today, I am immensely sad. Today, I have lost a friend. Today, I will just let these tears flow, in the knowledge that I can't do much more. I met Major Erasmus in January this year. We were preparing for the annual ritual of the Armed Forces Remembrance Day. He was the 2/ic at the Brigade in Ibagwa and was coordinating the activities and introducing me to the nuances of military parades and traditions. Friendly, welcoming, affable, very polite, ever-smiling and soft spoken. It was difficult to believe that this young man of about my age, with a baby face and an innocent, almost clerical demeanor was an army officer. I don't think I have ever met a more friendly and gentlemanly officer!

We struck and instant bond and kept in touch after the ceremonies. He was very intelligent, well schooled within and outside the country where he shone like a millions stars, and going by the testimony of his colleagues that I got to meet at different times, he was an excellent officer who was very professional and good at his job. He invited me to the tombola night at Ibagwa, and we kept in touch despite his frequent trips to Kaduna to finalize his Masters degree programme. Anybody who met him while not in uniform would be hard pressed to believe he was a military man, let alone an army officer.

He told me about his transfer to Maiduguri, but my apprehension about that posting was tempered by the Government's assurances that Boko Haram had been routed in the North East. Erasmus assured me that we will get to see sometime soon. Alas! That is not going to happen as I woke this morning to the tragic news that he had been killed by an ambush in Maiduguri. And that is how we have lost this young, fresh-faced, bachelor officer. Today, the enormity of the task and sacrifices made by our armed forces stares me in he face. The career path they have chosen is something everyone should respect and appreciate.

Adieu Major Erasmus, Adieu my friend! Adieu officer and gentleman par excellence. The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained. May God rest your soul and may your ultimate sacrifice not be in vain!.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/10/another-fallen-hero-major-erasmusa.html

I am thinking that Boko Haram was created to wipe other Ethnic group in the Army.I don't know if my thinking is correct can some one correct me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 08, 2016
eposho:
Don't c reason anyone should die for Nigeria.
He didn't die for the country
Don't be mistaken
He died so that citizens like me and you can be comfortable enough to type on ourbphones from the comfort of our homes
He died so that young children can be able to go to school and learn instead of being in idp camps
If you won't respect any politician in Nigeria, the only people that deserve respect are out soldiers who put their lives on the line for the rest of us 180 million Nigerians to have peace
THEY are the only ones that put national interest before theirs

1 Like

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Rayplanet(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2016
Chai! A colossal loss it is. May his soul R.I.P.
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Justiceleague1: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
cry he died for the wrong country....

correct..

He cant be that educated and expects to go far in the military when there are 1000s of illiterate mallam soldiers in the army. This is nothing but systematic ethnic cleansing..'they know hes got a bright future in the army and he nø be mallam so they did the needful..
He died for the wrong country.
Rip tho

2 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Justiceleague1: 9:02am On Oct 08, 2016
azuson:

I am thinking that Boko Haram was created to wipe other Ethnic group in the Army.I don't know if my thinking is correct can some one correct me
u are very correct

2 Likes

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by Justiceleague1: 9:10am On Oct 08, 2016
They will send their illiterate mallam soldiers to the south to harrass and intimidate and kill sountherners and they will send southern soldiers to the hostile volitile north to die. This is nothing but conspiracy. Southern nigeria must put their differences aside and unite and emancipate herself b4 its finally too late..the north is once again annihilating the south.
Rip soldier. Nigeria never deserved you.

1 Like

Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by gulfer: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2016
That armored vehicle scattered literarily by the BH bomb, they should look at the quality of some of these locally made armored vehicles. This should not have happened, so sad........................R I P Gallant Officer embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by HAH: 9:19am On Oct 08, 2016
This is sad news, I met Erasmus as a lieutenant at Guards Brigade in 2008, He did gallantly as a Major. RIP.

First it was Ayangbesan now Erasmus all officers I knew that were killed by the savages called Boko Haram.

RIP
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by evjblizee: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2016
May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by beautiful232(f): 9:31am On Oct 08, 2016
so hurting.....RIP :'
Re: Major Erasmus, A Soldier Killed In Borno By Boko Haram (pics) by naijacentric(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2016
gulfer:
That armored vehicle scattered literarily by the BH bomb, they should look at the quality of some of these locally made armored vehicles. This should not have happened, so sad........................R I P Gallant Officer embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
how sure are u so bombs dont destroy oyibo armored vehichles abi why dis inferiority complex now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Officially Hands Over 35 New BRT Buses To Civil Servants / 492 Families Benefit From Sanwo-Olu's Maiden Housing Scheme / The 2021 Budget Estimates For Statutory Transfers Released By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.