Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges (37274 Views)

Court Orders Immediate Release Of El-Zakzaky, Fines SSS / Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely / Afenifere Demands Immediate Release Of Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
ABJ4Real:
People were not asking how the Judges came about the huge amount of money recovered from their houses. The Judiciary is completely out of sync with the aspiration of this government to fight corruption to a standstill. The process may have been 'short-circuited', but the country will be better for it.

You are absolutely wrong

Nothing will be benefited from short circuiting the system

The system has checks and balances for a reason

Because men are imperfect. A country of 200 million people and 250 tribes can not rely on one man to make the rules, be the judge

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Uniben4sure: 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
If this trend continues then buharis days in aso rock are numbered!
You can't continue to oppress the people and expect the forces of nature to spare you.

I trust karma!

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Herrmes: 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
The DSS is talking of over $500,000 of bribe money found in a house of a judge and Lawyers are talking anarchy.

When will we have lawyers fighting to curb the corruption in the Judicial system.

Even though NJC backs them.
Prove it's bribe money to a court, lock them up. You can't do things like what the Department of State Security is doing in a democracy.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Izonpikin: 11:47pm On Oct 08, 2016
zikter:
evidences are presented to the court and not to individuals on nairaland. DSS say they have evidence, so wait until they present it to court. I bet if they give you the evidence here, u will accuse them of judging people on pages of newspapers

We are waiting na..shey no be this administration again??..

Abeg make we hear word... cheesy
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Herrmes: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
masseratti:
i surely don't get this, it seems we have over rate the power of the NJC, Judges are not exempt from investigations, a fellow Judge would have given the dss a warrant they won't just go in just like that, and the funny part is the judges will be tried by their fellow Judges.
Do you serve warrants in raids?

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by universalMan: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
krendo:

You are the sick one brother

Selective war against corruption is a type of corruption as well

As we speak government money is currently being looted!

My dear, there is no administration of man(only the divine) that can catch all the thieves in one day. Every oppressed should celebrate the apprehension of any thief regardless of their camp(which is a mere cloak anyway).
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by ehissi(m): 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Akainzo:

Which part of our law gives immunity to judges?
Which part of our laws says judges can't be arrested?

If a judge commits a crime of rape, is it NJC that will decide the matter?

Judges are protected within the context of doing their constitutional job and that does not include committing crimes.

While you are advising people to read, please read up on the Nigeria Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 and wonder why our judges aren't following it. Why are judges choosing the laws to practice?

Are you even aware that the issues that prompted the arrest of these judges - possibly without a warrant for their arrest - involves cases handled by these judges

Well; let me not talk. The last time I use my thumbs to argue this type of thing that is pointless to argue, it was Dasuki's case on one hand and Saraki's case on another.

So far, we all know the How Saraki saga dey go in court, na dasuki own we dey wait make e mature - ecowas judgement dey ground but e remain small make e mature - By the time judge dismiss Dasuki because of the inability for FG to produce Dasuki because DSS no provide am, una go know. That way all these noise about anti-corruption drive whey no get spare tire go rest.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Herrmes: 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
baby124:
Story for the gods. Let them go and defend the money they were caught with. Even though totally crude, these judges had to. Be caught red handed with their loot and disgraced. Or we will be joking when we try to sanitize the judiciary as they will keep playing games around their corrupt practices. Now let them be dismissed by the judicial council as they have been caught red handed. Obviously DSS is tailing a lot of people and they have eyes and ears where people don't realize.
DSS don't have anything, they would have followed the right procedure if they did.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Charly68: 11:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
This people have come with rule of law; rule of law my foot..let judges answer their questions and face their music accordingly. Where did they get the huge sum they kept at home. From their legal backdoor consultancy I believe. If the NBA members like let them go on strike till 2019 . The judges & some fraudulent lawyers will destroy the country if not handled in a manner like this. I think Baba should change the face of Naira & see more corrupt judges coming to bank to change their Ill gotten currency. it will be easier to catch them without keeping a vigil at their doorstep. They have turned the temples of justice to temples of injustice .

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by lightblazingnow(m): 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
We buy Scrap of any quantities and quality

Contact us +2347033851176 WhatsApp
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by ArabMopol(m): 11:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
universalMan:

If you were not dangerously sick sir, you would understand that selective war against corruption is preferable to no war at all.
u needs that mental evaluation more than I do, preferable treatment to his brothers right exactly the same way he hurriedly gave Dr Alex Ekwueme 200 years jail sentence but kept his brother Shagari in house arrest with condition of retiring prematurely from political scene, buhari is just a turncoat

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Charly68: 12:00am On Oct 09, 2016
Herrmes:
Do you serve warrants in raids?
Do the security men need warrant to arrest criminals ? They have been moving cash up & down and so they ought to be trapped direct without any leakage.. Shame on them.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by gemini35(m): 12:03am On Oct 09, 2016
he is like a snake the head is cut off ,nnamdi kalu is winning,sai nnamdi sai biafra

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Herrmes: 12:05am On Oct 09, 2016
Pennywise:
Nigerians need to come out in the streets to demonstrate against the enemies of Nigeria.

The NBA is number one among them - a den of corruption. Fixers of Judgements.

Little boys and girls are being made SAN everyday who in turn pull off spectacular judgements using paid judges. How long do they expect this would last.

These lawyers are not speaking for the integrity of the bench they are afraid for themselves because they know they are well known to law enforcement and they will be next.

Real legal practice in Nigeria is dead. Just corrupt wheelers and dealers.

This raid is a victory of good over evil, a necessary first step that should have been done a long time since Buhari was sworn in.

The NBA after declaring their state of emergency should do the next logical thing and disband.
I really question your wisdom, the necessary first step here should be to follow the law.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Herrmes: 12:08am On Oct 09, 2016
Charly68:
Do the security men need warrant to arrest criminals ? They have been moving cash up & down and so they ought to be trapped direct without any leakage.. Shame on them.
How do you raid someone's house without it being permissible by the law makers? That alone is a crime, then you go ahead to cuff him/her? That's tyranny and abject disobedience of law and order.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by amagunnerfan: 12:09am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

So intimidating Court judges is now how to fight corruption?
Where is the intimidation?
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Chikpat(m): 12:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Enemies of Nigeria!

Where was d NBA and her damn state of emergency wen d arrested judges collected bribe, supervised ova d miscarriage of justice etc in d cases dey handled?

How come non of all d big men in court ova money laundering, loothing of public funds, stealing etc has yet been jailed in Nigeria since 2002 EFCC has been in d court for their convictions?

DSS shud arrest all the executive members of NBA esp doz dat decleared dis state of emergency on d judiciary at dis very wrong tym.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Charly68: 12:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Herrmes:
How do you raid someone's house without it being permissible by the law makers? That alone is a crime, then you go ahead to cuff him/her? That's tyranny and abject disobedience of law and order.
The law !
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by dotedote: 12:19am On Oct 09, 2016
I believe what you should be afraid of is your way of reasoning. I see it as very dangerous.

LordVarys:
Let's see how far the dictator goes with this. He'll certainly bite more than he can chew. Nigeria survived Abacha, we can certainly survive this. Next time people would be wiser when voting.
For the first time since the end of military rule, I am actually afraid of a Nigerian govt.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 12:19am On Oct 09, 2016
Abagworo:

We need a President with absolute powers that will introduce death penalty for corruption as done in China and elsewhere. I voted Buhari 99% to fight corruption and I'm angry there's no firing squad for the wicked looters.
you need help .... job less full

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by arcnomec(m): 12:20am On Oct 09, 2016
I just feel so sorry for those in support of what DSS did .In a democratical setting,you don't do this.That's why we have check and balances in governance .Same way a military officer accused of wrong doing will have to appear before a court martial to prove his innocence and if found guilty will be discharged and if the offence is weighty,he is imprisoned by the same military.Note: no external influence.So also a judge who is accused is to be tried by the NJC and if found guilty will be jailed by the police on the orders of the council.

Except the benchers are cowards to just let this slide ,if not there will be great deluge between the presidency and the benchers.
Permit me to say,no country is ever free from corruption,because it is these corrupt individuals that are not afraid of investing,thereby growing the economy of a nation.

I like the fight against corruption but it must be done within the arm bit of the law.
You are here singing praises to DSS n the so called powers that be that authorize the raid of those judges home,how many of the police men who take bribe every seconds of they day have you called to be raided .Nonsense

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Herrmes: 12:22am On Oct 09, 2016
Charly68:
I'm not saying they're innocent, I'm just saying follow the right procedure.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by dotedote: 12:28am On Oct 09, 2016
You are very correct. GEJ never did a quarter of what this man is doing. Instead of attending to the masses by kicking against public funds embezzlement, he was busy emptying the treasury. I just miss him as there's no one to steal from us anymore

You never know what you have until you loose it.. Jonathan didn't try a quarter of what the dictator from Daura is doing today. He was bashed left, right and centre but he remained unprovoked.

God bless you Jonathan, you're a fine gentleman.

[/quote]

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by kindklemz(m): 12:30am On Oct 09, 2016
obyrich:
Buhari is not fighting corruption but his 'enemies'.

I think I will agree with you-the President is fighting his enemies,the corrupt ones.Anyone that is not corrupt need not fear.
You guys need to put aside all sentiments and prejudice and support the fight against corruption wholeheartedly.
Corruption is what has made us @ 56 Still struggling with basic things of life like water,electricity,healthcare etc.people were responsible for all these things mentioned but did they do what they hired to do? No.
Buhari might not be a saint but hey,he has the boldness needed to confront this evil that had kept us backwards for years.other presidents had their opportunities but they failed.
Are we going to continue been a third word country because of corruption? Are we going to continue watching while some people trample on our rights,deny us basic things of live?
How long are going to keep on running to other countries because of corrupt leadership in our motherland?
Corruption must be rooted out by any means, and there is no better time to do that but NOW!
I might not have voted for President Bihari, for this,I support him wholeheartedly. Thank you.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by kindklemz(m): 12:35am On Oct 09, 2016
obyrich:
Buhari is not fighting corruption but his 'enemies'.

I think I will agree with you-the President is fighting his enemies,the corrupt ones.Anyone that is not corrupt need not fear.
You guys need to put aside all sentiments and prejudice and support the fight against corruption wholeheartedly.
Corruption is what has made us @ 56 Still struggling with basic things of life like water,electricity,healthcare etc.people were responsible for all these things mentioned but did they do what they were hired to do? No.
Buhari might not be a saint but hey,he has the boldness needed to confront this evil that had kept us backwards for years.other presidents had their opportunities but they failed.
Are we going to continue been a third word country because of corruption? Are we going to continue watching while some people trample on our rights,deny us basic things of life?
How long are going to keep running to other countries because of corrupt leadership in our motherland?
Corruption must be rooted out by any means, and there is no better time to do that but NOW!
I might not have voted for President Bihari, for this,I support him wholeheartedly. Thank you.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by SeeUrLife: 12:36am On Oct 09, 2016
MadeInTokyo:
Mahmoud, who said it was not the responsibility of the DSS to arrest judges, described the DSS action as an unconstitutional means of intimidating the judiciary and undermining its independence.

Buhari and his uncle Mamman Daura are disgrace to Democracy

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:39am On Oct 09, 2016
So what DSS is trying to tell us is that after collecting bribe money from big litigants, most likely Wike as far back as 4 months ago, the judges kept such huge amount of money in their homes and not in their bank accounts?

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by SeeUrLife: 12:40am On Oct 09, 2016
simpleseyi:
NBA is right on this one. Brothers should protect each other's interest. The NBA and the Body of Benchers (Judges) are brothers in crime, so they should cover each other's back. Some so called senior lawyers are in court because they gave bribes to some senior rogue judges. We shall not tolerate corruption in the judiciary. One corrupt lawyer has advised fellow corrupt lawyers to boycott the courts. That will be very interesting, I hope the judges too will go on strike. When the courts and the lawyers go on strike, then the DSS and the EFCC will arrest more corrupt lawyers and judges and they will all be at Kuje Prisons without trial for a very long time. Thieves supporting fellow thieves.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by genkins(m): 12:43am On Oct 09, 2016
Fawklicant:

This is as illiterate as they get. The above comment reeks of crass stupidity and a reckless and dangerous display of ignorance. But I'm not really surprised knowing that it is coming from you, I just didnt know your standards or lack thereof could get any lower. Kids everywhere.
@ fawklicant
Shebi is china Not a world power now?
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by SeeUrLife: 12:45am On Oct 09, 2016
Herrmes:
I'm not saying they're innocent, I'm just saying follow the right procedure.
can you please explain what the right procedure is, please
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by genkins(m): 12:46am On Oct 09, 2016
arcnomec:
I just feel so sorry for those in support of what DSS did .In a democratical setting,you don't do this.That's why we have check and balances in governance .Same way a military officer accused of wrong doing will have to appear before a court martial to prove his innocence and if found guilty will be discharged and if the offence is weighty,he is imprisoned by the same military.Note: no external influence.So also a judge who is accused is to be tried by the NJC and if found guilty will be jailed by the police on the orders of the council.

Except the benchers are cowards to just let this slide ,if not there will be great deluge between the presidency and the benchers.
Permit me to say,no country is ever free from corruption,because it is these corrupt individuals that are not afraid of investing,thereby growing the economy of a nation.

I like the fight against corruption but it must be done within the arm bit of the law.
You are here singing praises to DSS n the so called powers that be that authorize the raid of those judges home,how many of the police men who take bribe every seconds of they day have you called to be raided .Nonsense

So how else shud we fight D corruption.. Is it to invite d judges for them to come with their loot?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Tinubu At Saraki Daughter's Wedding / Celebration Of Wike's Reelection: Live From Government House Port Harcourt / Osinbajo At Tunde Bakare's Daughter's Wedding (photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64