Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges (37266 Views)

Court Orders Immediate Release Of El-Zakzaky, Fines SSS / Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely / Afenifere Demands Immediate Release Of Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by bayelsaowei(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2016
cyrilamx:
Initially I was so incensed reading the earlier comments on this tread criticising PMB. Now am happy to learn many think my way. We must take crude step in dealing a hard blow at corruption like Lee Kwam Yew did in Singapore. Toes must be stepped on and fight must be ferocious
If Nigerians can lynch petty thieves who's acts were occasioned by looters why not do same to political thieves? We must support PMB to get out if this wood..
toes of perceived enemies must be stepped on whilst toes of my own thieving brethrens should be avoided..i guess that is how singapore fought corruption..??

Keep espousing the high handedness of this administration..till this moment the FG can't salvage our economy that is in recession..you think this act of the FG is what would end corruption..

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by grandeoj09(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
T
why are you like this ?
Booking space everywhere .
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by moffat(m): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2016
agbangam:
Hmmm, u see only God can salvage dis country, I sometimes wonder if dis country can ever achieve her greatness wit these set of crooks, corrupt pple everywhere and even d youths are not helping matters. My happiness is dat someday we shall all remember PMB for taking giant step in dealing with our corrupt Judges which even d Military/Obj cudn't do. History will remember dis day dat PMB tried his best in exposing those dat have kept dis country in dis darkness, backwardness and HUNGER but Nigerians cos of religion/ethnicity refuse to support him.
Pls PMB shud release those corrupt Judges and Pls those corrupt Judges shud also free Dansuki n Co. No be suffer, we never see anything.
Lubbish as my igbo pple will say.
hypocrit soGPMB is saint

2 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by AntiWailer: 9:15am On Oct 09, 2016
cyrilamx:
And in your mind, democracy is being sanctified? Whhy has the NBA refused to question a judge who gave odili perpetual injunction against all form of prosecution? It hurts that why I refused to comment on Nigeria politics. We all scream blue murder when our judiciary nay NBA look the other way why judges have feel day sentencing petty thieves to long term imprisonment with hard labour yet give lighter sentence to looters like pension thief, lucky Igbinedion or even acquit them as in ibori case.
I weep for Nigeria. Pmb has never had support in fighting corruption in Nigeria either as head of state btw 1983 and 1985 or now as president. In all honesty rule of law is the greatest obstacle in fighting corruption in our kind of political climate. We are happy to lynch petty thieves who steal to survive but condemn due to party or tribal affiliation when FG tends to employ same style against those who avarice plunge us into such recession which even helping to breed petty thieves.
I give up on Nigeria...I weep for Nigerian youths. I remember before last general election, TAN, transformation ambassadors of Nigeria took advert on both news and print media, likening Gej to Singaporean Lee Kwam Yew, lauding him for lifting Singapore from 3rd world economy to developed nation. What these TAN apostles failed to tell Nigerians was the process-how possible for Lee to do so In a society of dissenting opinion. Lee was a dictator, nay a benevolent one who realised that for him to succeed he must step on toes, he clamped down ferociously on oppositions, censored press freedom and jailed the enemies of the people who appear as freedom fighters and rule of law apologists as we have in abundance in Nigeria. His approach was dictatorial throughout his more than 3decades of rule. In the beginning many frowned at his method and called him names as we are doing to pmb now, but today Singaporeans are one reaping the decision of Lee, and Lee is gone.
That why it is often said a nation deserves the leaders it gets. For those screaming witch-hunt and why only oppositions or other tribes or religion being targetted, my question is: would we protest against the police apprehending armed robbers in particular locality or states because some robbers are still on the loose? Or Criticise God for not passing instant judgement on evil people simultaneously in order for us to live peacefully?
I give up on Nigeria and Nigerians. If I were PMB, I will do the peoples and NBA's wish as Pilate did for the jews. I will not only release the corrupt judges with apology I will release dasuki, kanu and all incarcerated people across the country. Then I will not take anybody accused to court again...let see how it goes from there. So much for democracy and rule of law. I prefer dictatorship with benevolent face to democracy which encourages free for all....

Took time and read your post and trust me we are on the same page.

Note that I intentionally spelt democracy as Democrazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by ajehe(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2016
Indeed am saddened by a lot of clueless point of view of so many peoole here.. yes I doubt if nigeria can get to its greater height if the youth of today are this clueless!. We all read the report from the DSS, if not anything the amount of money found in each of these people apartment, I saw one clueless person saying here they should follow due process and let police arrest them blah blah.. don't you read from the report where they said police actually tipped off few jugdes.
I'm in total support of BuharI and his moves.. corruption as buried the country down way too much, it's only an idiot with low sense of thinkING wouldnt know corruption threw us into reccesion. Now we see a government fighting corruption and some morons are talking about dictator.. I haven't heard of an citizen with hard earned source of income stripped of his human right tho.. if nigeria would be great, we have to change our mentality.

3 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2016
And the Executive will still take them to court where he expects other judges ( not corrupt) to decide their case. OR, maybe, he has already convicted them.
What else is TYRANNY?

2 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by tola268: 9:28am On Oct 09, 2016
datola:
This country men!! Jonathan was corrupt, allowing corruption to fester. Buhari came and started fighting corruption and the same people are against the fight against corruption siting laid down procedure by Liars.

Can this country ever be fixed??

Welldone Buari, no stone should be unturned. If they won't allow democratic government to clean Nigeria, its left to them, we want clean Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by MrRitchie: 9:29am On Oct 09, 2016
Did u read the amount found in those judges homes due to bribery? And you're here saying intimidating, if it were to be an ordinary man we all know wat would av happened by now! Anyways keep wailing, as for me any which way he wishes to go about it eradicating corruption atleast to an extent, its a ride on for me! (Violent taketh it by force) tip.
kcnwaigbo:

So intimidating Court judges is now how to fight corruption?

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by MrRitchie: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2016
SPOT ON, therell always be a enemy of progress, if its possible for PMB to deploy military with tanks to those crooks home, it'll be a well done for me
ajehe:
Indeed am saddened by a lot of clueless point of view of so many peoole here.. yes I doubt if nigeria can get to its greater height if the youth of today are this clueless!. We all read the report from the DSS, if not anything the amount of money found in each of these people apartment, I saw one clueless person saying here they should follow due process and let police arrest them blah blah.. don't you read from the report where they said police actually tipped off few jugdes.
I'm in total support of BuharI and his moves.. corruption as buried the country down way too much, it's only an idiot with low sense of thinkING wouldnt know corruption threw us into reccesion. Now we see a government fighting corruption and some morons are talking about dictator.. I haven't heard of an citizen with hard earned source of income stripped of his human right tho.. if nigeria would be great, we have to change our mentality.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by NICENEDU29: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2016
wxyz1:
If not because you are hiding behind internet to write this trash, i which you are talking face-to- face i would have landed you a dirty slap that you would never forget in your life if you survive it. Blind follower.
My dear dont mind that idiot. He has just proved to us that he is an educated illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by nairamaniac: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

since when did "arrest(even though unexpected)'' becomes " intimidation"?
it only becomes "intimidation" when u resist the arrest, call the connivance of the governor and buy cheap sentiments from ignorant/sentimental citizens like you.
The judges are not above the law. The police, efcc, DSS has the right to bust/arrest them if they draw tangible suspecions to themselves.

please you and fellow idiots should close your mouths and let the law fulfill its purpose.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Fawklicant: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2016
genkins:
@ fawklicant
Shebi is china Not a world power now?

Chinese president doesnt have absolute powers. China is a communist country but a civilized one at that. Same with Iran. Compare Nigeria to North Korea. That's what it would look like if the president is given absolute powers. In 10 years, churches and mosques would be forced to replace images of Jesus and Moh'd with that of Ayatolla Bubu.

Someone is raping your democracy left right center and some people still defend him. Does he have any other credible agenda that is not cloaked in the 'anti corruption' facade? Please tell me.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by bkool7(m): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2016
À lawyer was murdered in Rivers State by political thugs, the NBA sees nothing, hears nothing and does nothing. 5 corrupt judges are arrested on allegation of judgement racketeering and less than 24 hours later the NBA has declared a state of emergency (whatever that means).

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:59am On Oct 09, 2016
LordVarys:
Let's see how far the dictator goes with this. He'll certainly bite more than he can chew. Nigeria survived Abacha, we can certainly survive this. Next time people would be wiser when voting.
For the first time since the end of military rule, I am actually afraid of a Nigerian govt.

The sweetest thing is this is that those in support of PMB are more than those of you hating him, You think Nigerians are happy with how corrupt those judges are?

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2016
Bugatie:
Goodmorning Nigeria, A dictator is born...

You never know what you have until you loose it.. Jonathan didn't try a quarter of what the dictator from Daura is doing today. He was bashed left, right and centre but he remained unprovoked.

God bless you Jonathan, you're a fine gentleman.

How will someone who is corrupt do anything to a corrupt man like him?
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by tola268: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2016
LordVarys:
Let's see how far the dictator goes with this. He'll certainly bite more than he can chew. Nigeria survived Abacha, we can certainly survive this. Next time people would be wiser when voting.
For the first time since the end of military rule, I am actually afraid of a Nigerian govt.
Don't be partial Buari, let all involve and select corruptive judges out
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Does this look like intimidating? How will you fight corruption when the Judge are also corrupt? Will a corrupt judge jail his/her fellow corrupt man?

You and your likes have been saying no one have been convicted, How will they be convicted when the judges keep collecting bribe? This is a welcome development my brother..

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2016
U are calling somebody a dictator as if there was no evidence of crime. If this happened to a notorious robbers hide-out where millions of naira are recovered then its not dictatorship because our elites use pen and every other means to rob us millions of naira.
LordVarys:

2 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2016
U are calling somebody a dictator as if there was no evidence of crime. If this happened to a notorious robbers hide-out where millions of naira are recovered then its not dictatorship because our elites use pen and every other means to rob us millions, billions of naira.
LordVarys:
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 09, 2016
Its not intimidation. Do u know the meaning of intimidation?
kcnwaigbo:

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by kinharold(m): 10:23am On Oct 09, 2016
agbangam:
Hmmm, u see only God can salvage dis country, I sometimes wonder if dis country can ever achieve her greatness wit these set of crooks, corrupt pple everywhere and even d youths are not helping matters. My happiness is dat someday we shall all remember PMB for taking giant step in dealing with our corrupt Judges which even d Military/Obj cudn't do. History will remember dis day dat PMB tried his best in exposing those dat have kept dis country in dis darkness, backwardness and HUNGER but Nigerians cos of religion/ethnicity refuse to support him.
Pls PMB shud release those corrupt Judges and Pls those corrupt Judges shud also free Dansuki n Co. No be suffer, we never see anything.

The way some of us defend every action of this Government we seem to forget that President Buhari and the Federal Government of Nigeria are two different things.To me, it is not good to love the President of Nigeria more than Nigeria. Buhari with his good Integrity and intentions will in just a few years no longer be the President of Nigeria but the Federal Govt of Nigeria continues. In Leadership/Govt, precedence is a very powerful force, that is why lawyers can quote a case that happened more than 200 years ago to defend a new case today.

Today a "good" Buhari with "good intentions" is raiding high ranking leaders in the country in a Gestapo-style operation at odd hours cos of fighting corruption, good; but tomorrow you will have a "bad" Buhari as President and with "bad intentions" do the same thing, my people, it will be very difficult for us all to speak up against it then. That is the power of precedence; that is my worry.

Sometimes it is not what we do that is the issue but how we do it.

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 09, 2016
Nigerians are the nigerian problems. We want drastic solutions to notorious problems without drastic steps. Nigeria may never move forward because the elites, politicians and judiciary will continue to put a clog on the wheel of progress by holding this country to ransome- they are called the cabals. Yet the youth and the unemployed, can not read between the lines and they are shouting rule of law, democracy, withhunt, intimidation because he is a jurge. If it were to be a notorious robber being bursted in his hide-out, will they be shouting intimidation? What good has national assembly to us? They have gone on reccess than sitting.
wxyz1:
National Assembly should do the needful now. Or else he is coming for all of you. Very barbaric government taking Nigeria back to stone ages. Nigeria court is ruling against you and even international court is ruling against you only media of propagandist is working for you, yet you are forming ultimate worior

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2016
Can't someone in the Senate move a motion of impeachment against this foool?
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by ofwest47(m): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2016
See the so called Nigerian Bar Association * N B A*
Lawyers has been the bane of this country's problems from inception to become a corrupt judge you must be a lawyer in the first instance and it has been found that most of these corrupt judges uses the lawyers as fronts to collect their bribes.
See South Korea today, after the end of 2nd world war in 1945 the country declared that admission into their universities shall be 85% intake in science and technology and 15% intake in Korean arts and culture, they specifically declared that they don't need lawyers as they will draw them back in their quest to develop technologically. See what South Korea has become today as the largest ship builders in the world and other technological achievements all over.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by VERDA: 11:06am On Oct 09, 2016
agbangam:

Bro...while I can relate to what ur saying,you need to understand that there are laws enacted to govern and preserve a society and all its institutions,you cannot claim to be fighting the ills of said society by breaking the very same laws that serve to preserve it everytime,there are procedures which should be followed.If to effectively tackle corruption the government needs to disobey its own laws,the system has to be overhauled then.

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Sirwallace(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2016
wxyz1:
If not because you are hiding behind internet to write this trash, i which you are talking face-to- face i would have landed you a dirty slap that you would never forget in your life if you survive it. Blind follower.

the guy spoke the truth which Nigerians like you are not ready to listen to. this is Nigeria dude, due process never work here. drastic measure is all is needed to salvage and rescue this country from corruption. a country where people bury money in sock away, where people stash money in their aids and house help account, where people prefer to own property abroad to divert attention to them.
if you are very reasonable and not as stupid as you appear, you will realize going by this in due process will never yield any positive results.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Sirwallace(m): 11:28am On Oct 09, 2016
while the ex president stupidly sat back in office watching various corruption and atrocities going on in various administration with the fear of stepping on toes claiming stealing is not corruprion, the new president who take the bull by the horn regardless of whose ox is gorn, take the fight to the doorstep of the looters and people started shouting foul play, due process, persecution, selected trial and crap like that. I don't know what these Nigerians enjoy in this.

this people stole our collective common wealth and we should, like in saner clime collectively call for their heads regardless of the approach as long as they are brought to justice.

the NBA can go to hell for all I care. they should be ashamed of themselves when they couldn't find it dim fit to address and advise the govt on how to indict and prosecute those who are allege of corruption charges. now they come around to defend some of their own making stupid demands to the govt.

2 Likes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by crimeboss: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2016
datola:
This country men!! Jonathan was corrupt, allowing corruption to fester. Buhari came and started fighting corruption and the same people are against the fight against corruption siting laid down procedure by Liars.

Can this country ever be fixed??

if in the first place he never swore to uphold the constitution what u said won't be my problem, but now i believe he deserves to be impeached and sent to jail for that action alone, and by the way how do u fight corruption in democratic setting, it seems i don't know?.

1 Like

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by bart10: 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
LordVarys:

Now it is clear to every discerning Nigerian that Buhari's anti-corruption war is targeted at the south. Unfortunately it is the south that holds the country while some parts of the north are just coming up to speed. The implication is the ruins we have found the economy of the country. This regime has failed woefully. Nation's are measured by economic prosperity and not some stupid, bias anti-corruption war. God bless the good people of Nigeria while the hegemony can go to hell.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Ojakatakpo: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
When will Nigeria do the right thing. I we saying that only the oppositions and their judges are corrupt in this country that the DSS is going after them,

if i may ask!!! So no Corrupt person in APC home at all?.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by lanreni: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bugatie:
Goodmorning Nigeria, A dictator is born...

You never know what you have until you loose it.. Jonathan didn't try a quarter of what the dictator from Daura is doing today. He was bashed left, right and centre but he remained unprovoked.

God bless you Jonathan, you're a fine gentleman.

a fine ineffectual buffon you mean to say.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by chernest2002: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Am enjoying this drama, when buhari refused to obey court orders the zombies are clapping for him, but now the judges are victims and zombies are turning waillers, buhari ride on until all zombies receive sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why I Didn’t Attend Buhari’s Meeting With Governors - Fayose / El-rufai: I Am Not Interested In Tinubu's Appointment / Young Anambra Man Creates A Pencil Portrait Of Atiku Abubakar (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.