Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges (37269 Views)

Court Orders Immediate Release Of El-Zakzaky, Fines SSS / Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely / Afenifere Demands Immediate Release Of Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by sapele914(m): 12:48am On Oct 09, 2016
simpleseyi:
NBA is right on this one. Brothers should protect each other's interest. The NBA and the Body of Benchers (Judges) are brothers in crime, so they should cover each other's back. Some so called senior lawyers are in court because they gave bribes to some senior rogue judges. We shall not tolerate corruption in the judiciary. One corrupt lawyer has advised fellow corrupt lawyers to boycott the courts. That will be very interesting, I hope the judges too will go on strike. When the courts and the lawyers go on strike, then the DSS and the EFCC will arrest more corrupt lawyers and judges and they will all be at Kuje Prisons without trial for a very long time. Thieves supporting fellow thieves.
Nice critical perspective brethren, Nigerians biggest hypocrites and bigots that is why they like to hide behind religion, damned if you do damned if you don't. Let them Keep waiting for jonathan goodluck like michael jordan, number 23 is retired he ain't coming back.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Kgdavid(m): 12:53am On Oct 09, 2016
TPAND:
Good Move NBA. I thought you guys were going to keep quiet and be intimated by the tyrannical autocracy of Buhari.

NBA should go on strike, lawyers and judges should avoid the courts, shoe Buhari that where there is no law, there is no crime. If he thinks he can flout and intimidate the democracy we earned as a people, then we have to prove to him that we won't retreat.

This devil-may-care system of governance has to stop. Waiting on the legislators to follow up on this.

Lol they should all not show up in court na and let lawlessness prevail...then PBM will have a legitimate reason to declare martial law, under which he could lawfully then intern all of them in a military camp grin
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by sharpchap: 12:55am On Oct 09, 2016
I just have to admire the synchronization of the raids, and the secrecy. No word until everything done finish. Ibori was found not guilty by the supreme court, but was jailed by a magistrate court(the lowest court) in england.just forget judges are corrupt, they stall cases and give judgements even a five year old can see through. Was just discussing the possibility of extra judicial methods in the war against corruption on Friday because the system had bogged everything down. Didn't know that Bubu was tired of the whole thing too. I give him 9/10. Now if only he can get an economist to run our economy (not that bloody penny pinching accountant) and negotiate with the Niger delta militants everything go set. When corruption has gotten to the level it has in Nigeria you can't fight it thru due process. It will pin U to the same position for the next hundred years.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by genkins(m): 12:56am On Oct 09, 2016
When I read comments from Nigerians supporting rule of law or due process when dealing with criminals.. I wonder how we got here. Shebi when robbers steal ur phone and u have info that d robber is in d vicinity so u notify d robber that u are suspecting him and thus invite him to come with d phone abi?

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by sapele914(m): 1:02am On Oct 09, 2016
obyrich:
Buhari is not fighting corruption but his 'enemies'.
how do you know?do you have any proof or evidence like say anyone from your family been indicted.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by marxwellerr247(m): 1:10am On Oct 09, 2016
egbonnla:
All of us (Wailers and Zombies) should be worried about the recent recklessness and lack of respect for the rule of law on part of he executive. We should not allow sentiments to becloud our sense of reasoning. The Judiciary is an independent arm of government and the last hope of the common man. Granted some few judges may be corrupted but the constitution has provided ways of treating cases of corrupted judges. The executive should have reported such judges to National Judicial Committee. The judges can then be prosecuted by the police if they are found guilty of criminal acts by NJC.
If we allow the Executive to muzzled the Judiciary, the president may become a dictator who can do any thing and get away with it. Our collective freedom may be taken....

Guy forget that long process, so u dey believe Nig. police, Pmb just show them small example, he is on their ass now, could u believe that those whose duty is to discharge free and fair justice 4 me&u are the ones upturning it to their self gain , and this is why cases are never concluded judiciously here, so something drastic has to be done somtimes

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by saintmark88(m): 1:15am On Oct 09, 2016
LordVarys:
Let's see how far the dictator goes with this. He'll certainly bite more than he can chew. Nigeria survived Abacha, we can certainly survive this. Next time people would be wiser when voting.
For the first time since the end of military rule, I am actually afraid of a Nigerian govt.

Rubbish!!!, nothing will happen....corrupt judiciary, which integrity do they have!!!!!.......... They are all scared because of d skeletons they have in their cupboard.

If you are a middle class or a low class citizen, I still dnt get y u back this people who have denied us justice all dese yrs

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by LANDLORD72: 1:17am On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari has gone mad again o

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by conquerour(m): 1:19am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

So intimidating Court judges is now how to fight corruption?
so you still call it intimidation after huge cash recovered. My brother receive sense.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by saintmark88(m): 1:25am On Oct 09, 2016
Has rule of law ever been observed in this country??, this same judges that allow pple to wallow in prison for years without a trial, which moral standing do they have to cry rule of law, this politicians n judges tht u back how many come to aid of middle n low class families when we r mistreated, none of them....they leave u to ur fate.

Yet this same people who never care about the poor, r still d ones u guys worship n defend, it's painful

Is it not in this same country tht a court case can span 10 yrs for just a single case......so with this kind of judicial system, can u take anyone to court, do u have to money to even sustain paying a lawyer for so many years.

Its pathetic tht pple wud still defend these guys, if the judges are arrested, how does it concern u??

But if a poor man is arrested n mistreated, u guys would turn the other way, u won't care if rule of law is applied or not.

Nigerians are not ready to help this nation, even wen we have a leader who mite take us forward, pple would tke us backward

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by saintmark88(m): 1:34am On Oct 09, 2016
Very good....they should go on strike, den d DSS should swoop in on dem and arrest them, let dem b n detention with the excuse tht ders no court to grant dem bail and try dem, let's c who will give in........

Nigerian youths the judiciary is corrupt, u can't fite corruption with a judiciary thts corrupt.

Thts d first institution tht needs cleansing

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by london4luv: 1:42am On Oct 09, 2016
datola:
This country men!! Jonathan was corrupt, allowing corruption to fester. Buhari came and started fighting corruption and the same people are against the fight against corruption siting laid down procedure by Liars.

Can this country ever be fixed??

why is ur brain this low, is this how to fight corruption.. Buhari has come to destroy nigeria and u knw he just succeeded

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by omegaurch1: 1:48am On Oct 09, 2016
Abagworo:

We need a President with absolute powers that will introduce death penalty for corruption as done in China and elsewhere. I voted Buhari 99% to fight corruption and I'm angry there's no firing squad for the wicked looters.

Onye iberibe

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by PaulIdu: 1:54am On Oct 09, 2016
Whether any idoita likes it or not the Judiciary has to be purged of corruption. .The era where people paid with tax payers money sell judgements must stop ..Nice one Buhari

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by ogwumgbe: 1:55am On Oct 09, 2016
A hand writing on the wall for the Jagaban. Awolowo loading. I love this Buhari, I think God brought him to sanitize the system and crush those that think they are untouchable, good riddance Mr President

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by HonabFaj(m): 1:57am On Oct 09, 2016
The Judges and Judiciary arm of Government in Nigeria and not sincere and fair with the judgement they give in this country, it takes a judge at most a month to send an ordinary citizen who committed a crime in his/her neighborhood to seven years or ten years in prison while its takes them 5 to 7 years or even throw the case away without justice to the people in power or the connected ones ,rich or politicians. Is it the same constitution we are following ,what is the law we are all clamoring for ,who has the LAW HELP.

Note : Not everything cant be resolved with patient ,let these JUDGES have their own fair share, when some people are used as a scape goat ,other we sit right and tight,all these, the poor suffered alot and yet we are the one who come out first to commended any actions against the elite ,and none of them has fought for us.

The JUDGE that judge all others judges is ALMIGHTY GOD

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by learnedman(m): 2:04am On Oct 09, 2016
There is rampant corruption in Nigerian judiciary,its only when u are a victim that you will appreciate its excruciating pain,as a lawyer i know the pains that litigants go through with corrupt judges and other members of the bench.however it is best to fight corruption through legal and constitutional means as arbritrariness breeds impunity and lawlessness.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by whitelondon: 2:27am On Oct 09, 2016
learnedman:
There is rampant corruption in Nigerian judiciary,its only when u are a victim that you will appreciate its excruciating pain,as a lawyer i know the pains that litigants go through with corrupt judges and other members of the bench.however it is best to fight corruption through legal and constitutional means as arbritrariness breeds impunity and lawlessness.
aptly put.
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by dallyemmy: 2:36am On Oct 09, 2016
I remembered the book"The Incorruptible Judge"

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by waltinnovers: 2:46am On Oct 09, 2016
I don't think you know what you are saying. Buhari is not fighting any corruption but he is there for revenge. If he wants to fight corruption, let him start from himself and the ministers he has chosen. If he is fighting corruption, those people that secretly brought back back the looted funds how many have been convicted even if it is an hour or a day. He will die like his brother abacha for all this wickedness he has brought upon Nigeria

datola:
This country men!! Jonathan was corrupt, allowing corruption to fester. Buhari came and started fighting corruption and the same people are against the fight against corruption siting laid down procedure by Liars.

Can this country ever be fixed??

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by dallyemmy: 2:48am On Oct 09, 2016
TAP ROOTS OF CORRUPTION PULLED shocked

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by vislabraye(m): 3:58am On Oct 09, 2016
drss:
no need for NBA to panick. let dem just revive buari's certificate trial n d dullard will back down. grin
isnt it funy dat d dullard who hired 15 judges to defend him against his certificatelessness is now attacking judges for alleged corruption grin there's noting worse dan lying in affidavit.

He used this same corrupt judges to defend his corrupt certificate. Is Buhari not a beneficiary of corruption ?
Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by rozayx5(m): 4:18am On Oct 09, 2016
Abagworo:

We need a President with absolute powers that will introduce death penalty for corruption as done in China and elsewhere. I voted Buhari 99% to fight corruption and I'm angry there's no firing squad for the wicked looters.

this small boy

y u no relocate yo north korea undecided

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by obyrich(m): 4:23am On Oct 09, 2016
sapele914:
how do you know?do you have any proof or evidence like say anyone from your family been indicted.
Keep waiting for evidence until you become a victim.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by obyrich(m): 4:25am On Oct 09, 2016
kindklemz:

I think I will agree with you-the President is fighting his enemies,the corrupt ones.Anyone that is not corrupt need not fear.
You guys need to put aside all sentiments and prejudice and support the fight against corruption wholeheartedly.
Corruption is what has made us @ 56 Still struggling with basic things of life like water,electricity,healthcare etc.people were responsible for all these things mentioned but did they do what they were hired to do? No.
Buhari might not be a saint but hey,he has the boldness needed to confront this evil that had kept us backwards for years.other presidents had their opportunities but they failed.
Are we going to continue been a third word country because of corruption? Are we going to continue watching while some people trample on our rights,deny us basic things of life?
How long are going to keep running to other countries because of corrupt leadership in our motherland?
Corruption must be rooted out by any means, and there is no better time to do that but NOW!
I might not have voted for President Bihari, for this,I support him wholeheartedly. Thank you.
Keep supporting him. Your choice. Time will tell if he truly fought corruption.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Vatsyayana: 4:27am On Oct 09, 2016
london4luv:
why is ur brain this low, is this how to fight corruption.. Buhari has come to destroy nigeria and u knw he just succeeded

When I read the comments of some eminent nairalanders, I am forced to believe that logic has been thrown to the dogs. How on earth has PMB destroyed Nigeria simply because he wants to sterilise all his tools for fighting corruption?
The Executive, Legislature and the Judiciary must be sanitised if we really want to fight corruption!!
I mean what does a Supreme Court Justice do with such amount of cash in his house?
If it is true Buhari is on a revenge scheme...he is on course insofar they a culpable for being corrupt. Afterall revenge is when you pay for the wage of your sins from the person you commit it against, which is exactly what will happen when we all get to heaven!

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by Vatsyayana: 4:36am On Oct 09, 2016
sapele914:

Please disregard them. They're the reasons why looters think we are fools. What is Wike's business with the arrest a judge. Afterall his wife is a judge and she is not the one that was arrested. With the huge allegation against him & with an overwhelming proof Wike would be kicked out of the govt house like a burgler!

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by cyrilamx(m): 4:40am On Oct 09, 2016
AntiWailer:
There are procedures that must be followed.

Why rush because you feel u have damning evidences against them.

The Judiciary is rotten but we need them for the sanctity of our Democrazy
And in your mind, democracy is being sanctified? Whhy has the NBA refused to question a judge who gave odili perpetual injunction against all form of prosecution? It hurts that why I refused to comment on Nigeria politics. We all scream blue murder when our judiciary nay NBA look the other way why judges have feel day sentencing petty thieves to long term imprisonment with hard labour yet give lighter sentence to looters like pension thief, lucky Igbinedion or even acquit them as in ibori case.
I weep for Nigeria. Pmb has never had support in fighting corruption in Nigeria either as head of state btw 1983 and 1985 or now as president. In all honesty rule of law is the greatest obstacle in fighting corruption in our kind of political climate. We are happy to lynch petty thieves who steal to survive but condemn due to party or tribal affiliation when FG tends to employ same style against those who avarice plunge us into such recession which even helping to breed petty thieves.
I give up on Nigeria...I weep for Nigerian youths. I remember before last general election, TAN, transformation ambassadors of Nigeria took advert on both news and print media, likening Gej to Singaporean Lee Kwam Yew, lauding him for lifting Singapore from 3rd world economy to developed nation. What these TAN apostles failed to tell Nigerians was the process-how possible for Lee to do so In a society of dissenting opinion. Lee was a dictator, nay a benevolent one who realised that for him to succeed he must step on toes, he clamped down ferociously on oppositions, censored press freedom and jailed the enemies of the people who appear as freedom fighters and rule of law apologists as we have in abundance in Nigeria. His approach was dictatorial throughout his more than 3decades of rule. In the beginning many frowned at his method and called him names as we are doing to pmb now, but today Singaporeans are one reaping the decision of Lee, and Lee is gone.
That why it is often said a nation deserves the leaders it gets. For those screaming witch-hunt and why only oppositions or other tribes or religion being targetted, my question is: would we protest against the police apprehending armed robbers in particular locality or states because some robbers are still on the loose? Or Criticise God for not passing instant judgement on evil people simultaneously in order for us to live peacefully?
I give up on Nigeria and Nigerians. If I were PMB, I will do the peoples and NBA's wish as Pilate did for the jews. I will not only release the corrupt judges with apology I will release dasuki, kanu and all incarcerated people across the country. Then I will not take anybody accused to court again...let see how it goes from there. So much for democracy and rule of law. I prefer dictatorship with benevolent face to democracy which encourages free for all....

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by cyrilamx(m): 4:41am On Oct 09, 2016
The Judiciary and legislators are the twin evil we facing in Nigeria. The rule of law is the greatest "encourager" of corruption in our country. Why has the NBA refused to question a judge who gave odili perpetual injunction against all form of prosecution? It hurts that why I declined to comment further on Nigeria politics. We all scream blue murder when our judiciary nay NBA look the other way why judges have feel day sentencing petty thieves to long term imprisonment with hard labour yet give lighter sentence to looters like pension thief, lucky Igbinedion or even acquit them as in ibori case.
I weep for Nigeria. Pmb has never had support in fighting corruption in Nigeria either as head of state btw 1983 and 1985 or now as president. In all honesty rule of law is the greatest obstacle in fighting corruption in our kind of political climate. We are happy to lynch petty thieves who steal to survive but condemn due to party or tribal affiliation when FG tends to employ same style against those who avarice plunge us into such recession which even helping to breed petty thieves.
I give up on Nigeria...I weep for Nigerian youths. I remember before last general election, TAN, transformation ambassadors of Nigeria took advert on both news and print media, likening Gej to Singaporean Lee Kwam Yew, lauding him for lifting Singapore from 3rd world economy to developed nation. What these TAN apostles failed to tell Nigerians was the process-how possible for Lee to do so In a society of dissenting opinion. Lee was a dictator, nay a benevolent one who realised that for him to succeed he must step on toes, he clamped down viciously on oppositions, censored press freedom and jailed the enemies of the people who appear as freedom fighters and rule of law apologists . His approach was dictatorial throughout his more than 3decades of rule. In the beginning many frowned at his method and called him names as we are doing to pmb now, but today Singaporeans are one reaping the decision of Lee, and Lee is gone.
That why it is often said a nation deserves the leaders it gets. For those screaming witch-hunt and why only oppositions or other tribes or religion being targetted, my question is: would we protest against the police apprehending armed robbers in particular locality or states because some robbers are still on the loose? Or Criticise God for not passing instant judgement of evil people simultaneously in order for us to live peacefully?
I give up on Nigeria and Nigerians. If I were PMB, I will do the peoples and NBA's wish as Pilate did for the jews. I will not only release the corrupt judges with apology I will release dasuki, kanu and all incarcerated people across the country. Then I will not take anybody accused to court again...let see how it goes from there. So much for democracy and rule of law. I prefer dictatorship with benevolent act to democracy which encourages free for all...

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by naijafeminist: 4:52am On Oct 09, 2016
Bugatie:
Goodmorning Nigeria, A dictator is born...

You never know what you have until you loose it.. Jonathan didn't try a quarter of what the dictator from Daura is doing today. He was bashed left, right and centre but he remained unprovoked.

God bless you Jonathan, you're a fine gentleman.

Please, this does not make Jonathan a saint undecided

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by naijafeminist: 4:58am On Oct 09, 2016
egbonnla:
All of us (Wailers and Zombies) should be worried about the recent recklessness and lack of respect for the rule of law on part of he executive. We should not allow sentiments to becloud our sense of reasoning. The Judiciary is an independent arm of government and the last hope of the common man. Granted some few judges may be corrupted but the constitution has provided ways of treating cases of corrupted judges. The executive should have reported such judges to National Judicial Committee. The judges can then be prosecuted by the police if they are found guilty of criminal acts by NJC.
If we allow the Executive to muzzled the Judiciary, the president may become a dictator who can do any thing and get away with it. Our collective freedom may be taken....

God bless you. Most sensible comment. Nigerians learn please. Neither Jonathan not Buhari is a saint. You'd be extremely doing yourself a disservice to try to defend either of them. The rule of law is the rule of law anywhere and everywhere. Jonathan was stopped because of the rule of law, he didn't do us a favor by leaving the presidential seat. Buhari must also be stopped by this same rule of law. It's time to sign a petition for the impeachment of this man o. He is so incompetent. All this suffer suffer and after four years another person will still come and reverse all his policies.

Re: NBA Declares State Of Emergency, Demands Immediate Release Of Judges by naijafeminist: 4:59am On Oct 09, 2016
wxyz1:
If not because you are hiding behind internet to write this trash, i which you are talking face-to- face i would have landed you a dirty slap that you would never forget in your life if you survive it. Blind follower.

The irony is that you're birds of a feather undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed Interacts With Robot 'Sophia' At UN Summit. Photos/video / Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State / MEND Congratulates Buhari

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77