Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: (10353 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Facts About Hell In The Bible / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Amberon: 6:08am On Oct 11, 2016
Obviously not. They were saved after Christ came.
DeSepiero:

Our ancestors who died before the time of moses are they hell bound?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2016
Bro, I believe all you said. I do not believe in an immortal soul neither do I believe in eternal torment. I just wanted to see the OP's answers and to also let him know my view.
Wilgrea7:

1. as to if people are in hell now I'm not 100% sure.. from my research, when u die unrighteous u go to sheol(which is translated as hell in the bible) where u will await ur final judgement on the last day

2. God's mercy endureth forever and his anger is for a moment

3. your spirit/soul isn't immortal.. the soul that sinneth shall DIE. simple as abc. the fire of God can burn spirits.. it can destroy both body and soul. And by destroy i mean total anhilation from existence. nd believe me its not a nice destruction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

No. angry
what burns in hell , body , soul or spirit ?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Lake of Fire is another way of Saying "Gods Refuse Dump". If anyone's name is notbfound in the book of life, he is thrown into Gods refuse Dump!

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

the refuse dump logic doesn't agree with hell notion , does the items in a refuse dump continuously burn eternally as hell opined ?

Infinite punishment Is it right or just if God were to force a Human being (who chooses not to obey God for say 100years of his life) to an eternity under His rule?

A human being is a spirit!
Spirits cannot be annihilated... Spirits exist forever. In the spirit rhelm/eternity, time doesn't exist. It is just meaningless.

This means, there is not difference between 5 minutes and 5 decades for time simply doesn't exist.

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

SHOW me the bold from your bible ? or lies as usual
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by RabbaRabbi: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Peacefullove:

what burns in hell , body , soul or spirit ?

body dies here on earth. Spirit goes to God(spirit makes you live, thats the live of God in man,: read genesis 2 God breath into man and he became a living soul... I.e spirit), then the soul burns in hell...
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

pls show me proof that the soul is eternal. the soul that sinneth shall die. God didn't say it shall burn for all eternity

Read:
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment [/b]ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have[b] no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

If their torment kills them how come they have no rest day or night.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

To go Where?

That place of your choice away and far from God
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

because when ure dead you're not in hell. you're in sheol. sheol is the land of the dead and it is translated as hell in d bible. sheol is where people who await judgement are....
concerning the beast and the false prophet.. d issue was properly explained in the links i sent earlier.
why are u ignoring all the scriptures that talk about complete total destruction and you're focusing on revelation which is symbolic nd ure claiming hell is forever. do a research about hell.
God has the power to destroy (not infinitely torment) a soul in hell. there will be punishments for sins but the punishment isn't one that continues forever. only through Jesus can we have eternal life. our souls are not immortal. only jesus gives us that immortality. read the link below

http://www.truth-about-hell.com/page4.htm

When a person dies, he goes to Sheol (Hebrew for the place of the dead)

From the new testament, we see that there is a division of Sheol into two:
Abraham's Blossom: the place where Abraham is
Hell/Outer Darkness: a place of torment.
There is a gulf between these two compartments of Sheol.

There is the lake of fire. No human is there right now till after resurrection!

I guess you believe that only one kind of death exist. How do you explain this scripture since God cannot lie:

Gen2:17
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

When Adam & Eve ate from the tree, did they die?
Was Gods word broken?

How do you symbolically explain away the reaching of Jesus and the Rich man? Was Jesus preaching a heresy?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

the fire of God can destroy both body and soul

You didn't answer my questions:
1. Do you think Satan will burn in the lake of fire?

2. Since he doesn't have a physical body, what will burn?
Can physical fire burn spirits?

3. If it is Gods intention to annihilate sinners, why then resurrect them? Why not just resurrect the godly?

Please your response!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 3:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

oga don't lie . there are 10 times more scriptures that talk about total ahnilation and very UNEXPLAINED few that u feel talks about eternal hell. everything that has a beginning has an end. God is God because he has no beginning or end. eternity is in his hands

destruction means what it means. destruction is destruction.. do your research.. the soul that sinneth shall die.

Would you please explain this scripture if your definition of death is not myopic:
with power.

2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus

Moses and Elijah:
Were they resurrected?

Death is a disconnection of union in a Living Being.!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
Peacefullove:

the refuse dump logic doesn't agree with hell notion , does the items in a refuse dump continuously burn eternally as hell opined ?

SHOW me the bold from your bible ? or lies as usual

Will you rather prefare the word PRISON! ?
I Place where useless things to God are dumped.

If angels live and yet do not have bodies how come they are alive. Why is it impossible for you to realise that humans can live without their bodies.

The Lies!

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. View more

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Barristter07: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka

shadeyinka:

Would you please explain this scripture if your definition of death is not myopic:
with power.

2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.

3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus

Moses and Elijah:
Were they resurrected?

it was a Vision.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Barristter07: 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Bro, consider Exodus 3:2 to tell you that fire can't harm a spirit creature

" There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the middle of a bush"

the Angel was in a blazing fire , you don't need logic to tell you he can't be harmed !

3. If it is Gods intention to annihilate sinners, why then resurrect them? Why not just resurrect the godly?

Please your response!

" When the wicked sprout up like grass, and all the evildoers glisten, it is so that they may be annihilated. - Psalm 92:7

what do you understand from this scripture ?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Read:
Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment [/b]ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have[b] no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

If their torment kills them how come they have no rest day or night.

that's not proof.. I'll take it that you haven't gone to any of the links i posted. pls ensure to do so.
on the part of “they have no rest". they won't rest. rest means to relieve yourself from something or to free yourself from something. they can never free themselves from the flame.. it destroys them for good..

on the case of “for ever and ever"... go nd read d link i posted.. the word “for ever and ever was always used in the bible to mean an unknown time... not eternity or it could mean till the end of the person... also not eternity... if u read the story of jonah , he said he was in the belly of the earth(the fish) for EVER AND EVER. but we all know that he was there for just 3 days. also in other case scenarios properly stated in the links i shared.. so please do well to read them and quit generalising on one verse..

also, there are many more verses which talk about ahnilation but u choose the scarcely unexplained few that don't even really talk of eternal torment..
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
Barristter07:
shadeyinka

it was a Vision.

I just did something! I over-laughed at your response. A vision!

Mk9:2-
2 Six days later, Jesus took Peter, James, and John and led them up a high mountain to be alone with him. His appearance was changed in front of them,

3 and his clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone on earth could bleach them.

4 Then Elijah appeared to them, accompanied by Moses, and they were talking with Jesus.

5 Then Peter told Jesus, “Rabbi, it’s good that we’re here! Let’s set up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

6 (Peter didn’t know how to respond, because they were terrified.)

7 Then a cloud appeared and overshadowed them. A voice came out of the cloud and said, “This is my Son, whom I love. Keep on listening to him!”

8 Suddenly, as they looked around, they saw no one with them but Jesus alone.

9 On their way down the mountain, Jesus ordered them not to tell anyone what they had seen until the Son of Man had risen from the dead.

10 They kept the matter to themselves but argued about what “rising from the dead” meant.

-Jesus appearance changed before the disciples
- then Elijah and Moses Appeared before them and were talking to Jesus
- Peter was terrified (why?)
- Jesus ordered them not to tell anyone what they had seen

Could these disciples all be seeing the same vision?

No! It wasn't a vision. It was reality! That was why fear gripped them.

I guess it goes against your theory of Annihilation!

Mt22:32
32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

God is not the God of the dead!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

When a person dies, he goes to Sheol (Hebrew for the place of the dead)

From the new testament, we see that there is a division of Sheol into two:
Abraham's Blossom: the place where Abraham is
Hell/Outer Darkness: a place of torment.
There is a gulf between these two compartments of Sheol.

There is the lake of fire. No human is there right now till after resurrection!

I guess you believe that only one kind of death exist. How do you explain this scripture since God cannot lie:

Gen2:17
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

When Adam & Eve ate from the tree, did they die?
Was Gods word broken?

How do you symbolically explain away the reaching of Jesus and the Rich man? Was Jesus preaching a heresy?

i agree with u that no one is in hell(with fire) as of now until after the judgement. sheol was never said to contain fire.. go nd read about Sheol if ure in doubt.. but as to if sheol is divided into two i don't know. the rich man and Lazarus is a parable so u can't use it to make a claim

thanks for the adam and eve story. God told adam.. the day you eat of it you will die.. remember that a day in the sight of God is a thousand years to us. nobody from the beginning of this world till now ever lived up to a thousand.

thirdly, the teaching of the rich man and Lazarus was a parable. it was one of the parables of Jesus. Jesus preached in parables. the people that brought Christianity to u called it one of the parable. the people who gave you your bible called it a parable. Jesus himself said he would be speaking in parables... ogbeni.. who are u to say its not a parable.. go nd do ur research. the rich man and lazarus story was always a parable
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Please your response!

1. who told u the lake of fire burns only physical things. the lake of fire was formed by the fire of God which is able to destroy both body and soul

3. because when you die, you're not really dead. you're asleep. Jesus made us understand that. you're asleep not destroyed. on the last day the wicked will be destroyed, i.e erased from existence.. anhilated. the fire of God destroys both their body and soul
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Will you rather prefare the word PRISON! ?
I Place where useless things to God are dumped.

If angels live and yet do not have bodies how come they are alive. Why is it impossible for you to realise that humans can live without their bodies.

The Lies!

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. View more

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart

see you, you reverse to prison again , but in the prison nobody is burned in fire , you forgot ? and in the prison there is a specified date for which a person will be released , does this agree with hell notion ? and in the case of life imprisonment, its not eternal it means as long as he lives . so death is expected terminate it !

am sure you didn't think well before bringing this up, FYI, you can't just justify this crazy doctrine grin grin

@ bold , if humans can live without their bodies . What is that thing that live on ?

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

with power.

Moses and Elijah:
Were they resurrected?

again.. death we know in the physical is sleep. as to if moses and elias were in heaven and came down i don't know.. i believe they are in heaven... but what does that have to do with hell being eternal and the soul being immortal
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

I just did something! I over-laughed at your response. A vision!

Mk9:2-

-Jesus appearance changed before the disciples
- then Elijah and Moses Appeared before them and were talking to Jesus
- Peter was terrified (why?)
- Jesus ordered them not to tell anyone what they had seen

Could these disciples all be seeing the same vision?

No! It wasn't a vision. It was reality! That was why fear gripped them.

I guess it goes against your theory of Annihilation!

Mt22:32
32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

God is not the God of the dead!

i don't understand your deal man.. wat does ahnilation have to do with this?? only the wicked are ahnilated at the end of the world... not everybody.. the wicked are reserved unto the day of judgement.. seriously... what's your deal?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
Barristter07:

Bro, consider Exodus 3:2 to tell you that fire can't harm a spirit creature

" There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the middle of a bush"

the Angel was in a blazing fire , you don't need logic to tell you he can't be harmed !

Or course, Physical Fire cannot burn spirits but then why would God recommend a virtual punishment of fire for Satan

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

It looks like this prepared Fire will burn hot!

Lesson: you don't need to be flesh and blood before the Fire of God burn you.

Barristter07:

" When the wicked sprout up like grass, and all the evildoers glisten, it is so that they may be annihilated. - Psalm 92:7

what do you understand from this scripture ?

First, dictionary definitions:
Destroy:
end the existence of (something) by damaging or attacking it.
"the room had been destroyed by fire"
synonyms: demolish, knock down, pull down, tear down, level, raze (to the ground), fell, dismantle, break up, wreck, ruin, smash, shatter, crash, blast, blow up, blow to bits/pieces, dynamite, explode, bomb, torpedo More
ruin (someone) emotionally or spiritually.
"he has been determined to destroy her"
defeat (someone) utterly.

Annihilate:
destroy utterly; obliterate.
"a simple bomb of this type could annihilate them all"
synonyms: destroy, wipe out, obliterate, wipe off the face of the earth, wipe off the map, kill, slaughter, exterminate, eliminate, liquidate, eradicate, extinguish, finish off, erase, root out, extirpate;

Second, Hebrew definition:

מַד shâmad, shaw-mad'; a primitive root; to desolate:—destory(-uction), bring to nought, overthrow, perish, pluck down, × utterly

7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

8 But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.

9 For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.

First, the context is not with eternity (day of judgement) in view but even if it is, the word you translated as annihilated is not the only interpretation... Other translations include desolate, destroy, overthrow, perish...

So, how is the wicked destroyed:
bring him to shame and contempt
bring to nothing his legacy
remove his power and authority

Compare with

Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

In context, everlasting destruction is not the same as annihilation.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

that's not proof.. I'll take it that you haven't gone to any of the links i posted. pls ensure to do so.
on the part of “they have no rest". they won't rest. rest means to relieve yourself from something or to free yourself from something. they can never free themselves from the flame.. it destroys them for good..

Your last phase was deliberately inserted to force a non existent meaning.

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

The key words are Torment AND "No Rest"!
Once you kill an animal, doesn't it have rest from torment. A Torment is a sustained harassment on a person.

Eccl9: 5
the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.

If according to JW interpretation that the dead know nothing then Torment and No Rest in Rev14:11 becomes meaningless!

Wilgrea7:

on the case of “for ever and ever"... go nd read d link i posted.. the word “for ever and ever was always used in the bible to mean an unknown time... not eternity or it could mean till the end of the person... also not eternity... if u read the story of jonah , he said he was in the belly of the earth(the fish) for EVER AND EVER . but we all know that he was there for just 3 days. also in other case scenarios properly stated in the links i shared.. so please do well to read them and quit generalising on one verse..

also, there are many more verses which talk about ahnilation but u choose the scarcely unexplained few that don't even really talk of eternal torment..

The scripture is
Jon 2:6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever : yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.

I guess it is you generalizing on one verse..

A space where time doesn't exist is eternity- everlasting, no end.

If the wicked will also be resurrected, why?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

i agree with u that no one is in hell(with fire) as of now until after the judgement. sheol was never said to contain fire.. go nd read about Sheol if ure in doubt.. but as to if sheol is divided into two i don't know. the rich man and Lazarus is[b] a parable so u can't use it to make a claim[/b]

Sheol is a Hebrew word, therefore it exists only in the Old Testament. Equivalent words are the grave or the pit. The NT didn't speak much of the above but then speaks about Hell, Heaven, Paradise, Abraham's bossom..

What's your evidence that it is a parable?

Now, Jesus never called it a parable.
There was a certain man called Lazarus
There was Father Abraham.

Find me just one example of Jesus parable with a persons name?

Other teachings of Jesus agreed with this:
Mat 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, [b]Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, [/b]prepared for the devil and his angels:

Wilgrea7:

thanks for the adam and eve story. God told adam.. the day you eat of it you will die.. remember that a day in the sight of God is a thousand years to us. nobody from the beginning of this world till now ever lived up to a thousand.

Can we apply the same with Jesus resurrection after 3 or 3000 years?
Could the Sabbath be 7000 years?
Joshua was instructed to move round Jericho for how many thousand years?

Then, you know that the context of

Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
is that God doesn't work with mans timing!

Back to Adam and Eve:
Since Gods words cannot be broken, they died on that same day they ate of the tree howbeit not a Physical Death but a different kind it death called Spiritual Death.

Wilgrea7:

thirdly, the teaching of the rich man and Lazarus was a parable. it was one of the parables of Jesus. Jesus preached in parables. the people that brought Christianity to u called it one of the parable. the people who gave you your bible called it a parable. Jesus himself said he would be speaking in parables... ogbeni.. who are u to say its not a parable.. go nd do ur research. the rich man and lazarus story was always a parable

Is the Sermon on the mount (Mt7) a parable?
Jesus teaching the disciples to pray is a parable?

Of course, you know that you can't over generalise and maintain scriptural balance.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

The wages of sin is death (burning in eternal hell) but the gift of God is life eternal through Christ Jesus our Lord: romans 6:23

God has given every human chances to make a choice. So it depends on the choice you choosed.
my dear, you are bless for this response and I love you username too smiley
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

1. who told u the lake of fire burns only physical things. the lake of fire was formed by the fire of God which is able to destroy both body and soul

So, that invisible part of man can also experience the fire of torment.

Wilgrea7:

3. because when you die, you're not really dead. you're asleep. Jesus made us understand that. you're asleep not destroyed. on the last day the wicked will be destroyed, i.e erased from existence.. anhilated. the fire of God destroys both their body and soul

Jesus never used the word annihilated! The canceled are you forcing a non existent interpretation.

Then explain the concept of sleep ( unconscious state) with :

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And[b] white robes were given unto every one of them[/b]; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Was Jesus saying to the thief on his right hand that today you shall be with me in an unconscious state?
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Then, what happens to the other thief?
Or is Jesus saying that the thief on the right side will be with Him in paradise in 1000 years? (You have used the argument with Adam and Eve before)
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
Peacefullove:

see you, you reverse to prison again , but in the prison nobody is burned in fire , you forgot ? and in the prison there is a specified date for which a person will be released , does this agree with hell notion ? and in the case of life imprisonment, its not eternal it means as long as he lives . so death is expected terminate it !

am sure you didn't think well before bringing this up, FYI, you can't just justify this crazy doctrine grin grin

@ bold , if humans can live without their bodies . What is that thing that live on ?

The same way Angels exist!

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are[b] as the angels[/b] of God in heaven.

Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

body dies here on earth. Spirit goes to God(spirit makes you live, thats the live of God in man,: read genesis 2 God breath into man and he became a living soul... I.e spirit), then the soul burns in hell...

another lie, give me where your holy book say the soul burns in hell ?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by RabbaRabbi: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
Jesuobu:
my dear, you are bless for this response and I love you username too smiley

you're welcome dear... How was your day? coolcoolcool wink
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

again.. death we know in the physical is sleep. as to if moses and elias were in heaven and came down i don't know.. i believe they are in heaven... but what does that have to do with hell being eternal and the soul being immortal

Hell being eternal has nothing to do with Time!

The only thing is that Time doesn't exist in Eternity. Relative to earth where time exists, it is for ever and ever...endless time.

But, in the sphere of God, there is NO TIME!

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun , neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Rev 22:5 And[b] there shall be no night there;[/b] and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Even for the righteous, time doesn't exist

Angels have their beginning for they were created but no end
Humans have beginning but like angels, no end
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

The same way Angels exist!

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are[b] as the angels[/b] of God in heaven.

Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

you think we are fools here ... cant you see he was referring to marriage , when he said they will be like angels , he was talking about Marriage , smh do angels marry ? if you pastor a church , I cry for your church members.

Again maybe you don't understand my question , a man dies and lye impotent in the mortuary, tell me how such a man can continue to exist ?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by RabbaRabbi: 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
Peacefullove:

another lie, give me where your holy book say the soul burns in hell ?

go and read this places: Revelation 20:10; 21:8 psalm 9:17 matthew 25:46 and many more...

Please note: when i say the soul burns, it does not burn to ashes, but continues torment.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
Wilgrea7:

i don't understand your deal man.. wat does ahnilation have to do with this?? only the wicked are ahnilated at the end of the world... not everybody.. the wicked are reserved unto the day of judgement.. seriously... what's your deal?

If you ask me, sincerely I wish that hell was a temporal place. Some people created the doctrine of purgatory to solve the inner wish of man
BUT
Jesus taught more about Hell than any other personality in the scripture.

I didn't create the rules: Jesus speaking about the son of perdition He said it was better if this man was never born

So, how is this man different from Adolf Hitler, Stalin OR the Armed robber who killed only 3 people?

It is better to warn people of eternity : everyone will give account of what he has done in the flesh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why God Didn't Help Leah Sharibu! / Reasons Why Pastors Cannot Be Millionaires By Deji Yesufu / Help!! I Saw Alligator Pepper(atare) In Dream. Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.