Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: (10337 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven / Facts About Hell In The Bible / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

i guess the spirit dies too? undecided

this is exactly why I asked my first question on this thread and you replied

" Spirit goes to God(spirit makes you live, thats the live of God in man,: read genesis 2 God breath into man and he became a living soul... I.e spirit), " - RabbaRabbi

so Your question is. nonsensical if spirit is breath of God in man as you confessed above . spirit = BREATH of God not an imaginary entity .

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
but really... who invented this idea of an eternal hell?? he did a good job keeping people in fear
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by RabbaRabbi: 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
Peacefullove:

this is exactly why I asked my first question on this thread and you replied

" Spirit goes to God(spirit makes you live, thats the live of God in man,: read genesis 2 God breath into man and he became a living soul... I.e spirit), " - RabbaRabbi

so Your question is. nonsensical if spirit is breath of God in man as you confessed above . spirit = BREATH of God not an imaginary entity .

hey man, you have not answered my question...

[size=50]SO DOES THE SIPIRIT DIES TOO?[/size]

Simply as abc,...

I told you earlier that spirit is the life of God in man, and you still come here asking me there same question... See ecclesiastes 12:7
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by RabbaRabbi: 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Wilgrea7:
but really... who invented this idea of an eternal hell?? he did a good job keeping people in fear

[size=50pt]Although, man is prone to ask questions, on my own quest, can say 90% of humans seek less about the supernatural.

And even if they do, it only tend to ends up in an argumentative essay which may or not satisfy the both parties.[/size] - RabbaRabbi

if you understand what i said then you will know how useless the question you just ask is.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
Jozzy4:

God doesn't keep the wicked alive .

" He doesn't preserve the life of the wicked "
- Job 36:6

I hear you!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by shadeyinka(m): 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
Peacefullove:

stop this nonsense , how many of those who died and come to life in your holy book give stories of an hell ?

I challenge you on this .

brainwashed liars , even your bible doesn't agree with y'all

I hear you. Thanks for the insults too! Well taken
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

[size=50pt]Although, man is prone to ask questions, on my own quest, can say 90% of humans seek less about the supernatural.

And even if they do, it only tend to ends up in an argumentative essay which may or not satisfy the both parties.[/size] - RabbaRabbi

if you understand what i said then you will know how useless the question you just ask is.

so why did u now increase d size of d font
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by dolphinheart(m): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
RabbaRabbi , you refused to give answers to my question, thought you said we can ask you questions.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by RabbaRabbi: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
dolphinheart:
RabbaRabbi , you refused to give answers to my question, thought you said we can ask you questions.

bring them on...
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
Wilgrea7:

exactly what I'm saying... so how does my own doctrine contradict the scripture

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Malachi 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

as you can see... both our doctrines come from d same bible... so now its left for you to understand all the scriptures...

I've said something about for ever and ever as it is being used in the bible
Jonah said he was in the depth of the earth for ever and ever.. read below

NOTE: The term "for ever," as used in the Bible, means simply a period of time, limited or unlimited. It is used 56 times in the Bible in connection with things that have already ended. * It is like the word "tall," which means something different in describing men, trees, or mountains. In Jonah 2:6, "for ever" means "three days and nights."
" I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God." Jonah 2:6. (See also Jonah 1:17.)
In Deuteronomy 23:3, this means "10 generations." In the case of man, this means "as long as he lives" or "until death." (See 1 Samuel 1:22,28; Exodus 21:6; Psalm 48:14.) So the wicked will burn in the fire as long as they live, or until death. This fiery punishment for sin will vary according to the degree of sins for each individual, but after the punishment, the fire will go out.

visit this link for info
http://www.truthaccordingtoscripture.com/documents/death/wicked.php#.V_T3qDNw1kc

so you see... both of our theories are from the bible.... so who is right and who is wrong?? think about that before u start feeling you're the only correct person alive.. you've brought forth your points and I've tried explaining them and given u links(which u refuse to visit) to explain your points to you.. if u choose to ignore its your choice.. have a blessed morning
your doctrine is not from the bible! Jonah used forever as a metaphor to describe his hoplessness.
In deutronomy 23:3 God himself indicated the time frame as tenth generation. But deed God indicate a time frame in hell? But instead he states that the torment will have no end! Which has already define what forever in hell means. Again Jesus says the worm will not die!
Forever means not changing anything God made to be forever remains like that until God intervenes
The fires of hell are everlasting which means it cannot quench by itself however God himself will not quench it.
Stop preaching heresy!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 7:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
solite3:
your doctrine is not from the bible! Jonah used forever as a metaphor to describe his hoplessness.
In deutronomy 23:3 God himself indicated the time frame as tenth generation. But deed God indicate a time frame in hell? But instead he states that the torment will have no end! Which has already define what forever in hell means. Again Jesus says the worm will not die!
Forever means not changing anything God made to be forever remains like that until God intervenes
The fires of hell are everlasting which means it cannot quench by itself however God himself will not quench it.
Stop preaching heresy!

grin grin grin

i no fit laugh abeg

so I'm preaching heresy when the scriptures i quoted were directly from the bible.. so everlasting fire never quenches abi... so wat of Sodom and Gomorrah.. they were destroyed by the eternal fire yet the place isn't burning today.. the fire is eternal because its effect are for eternity.. the people in Sodom and Gomorrah are not running around screaming.. everlasting fire turns u to ash.. its irreversible.. that's why its everlasting.. so what's your point smiley

1 Like

Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
Wilgrea7:

grin grin grin

i no fit laugh abeg

so I'm preaching heresy when the scriptures i quoted were directly from the bible.. so everlasting fire never quenches abi... so wat of Sodom and Gomorrah.. they were destroyed by the eternal fire yet the place isn't burning today.. the fire is eternal because its effect are for eternity.. ]the people in Sodom and Gomorrah are not running around screaming.. everlasting fire turns u to ash.. its irreversible.. that's why its everlasting.. so what's your point smiley
that's right keep on making jest of God's word.
Even Satan can quote from the bible so you are no different
@bold Oga, oga petrol fire can turn u ashes does it make it eternal fire!
Satan can quote the scriptures but he always misquote it. He is the verse you are trying to manipulate,

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an [b]example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
this verse tells you Sodom and gomorrha are already suffering the vegence of eternal fire meaning they are in hell serving as examples those who follow their practices.
Well I have said enough! When you die you will realise the truth but my prayer is that you should repent now and accept Christ.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
solite3:
Satan can quote the scriptures but he always misquote it. He is the verse you are trying to manipulate,

this verse tells you Sodom and gomorrha are already suffering the vegence of eternal fire meaning they are in hell serving as examples those who follow their practices.
Well I have said enough! When you die you will realise the truth but my prayer is that you should repent now and accept Christ.

guy u funny die i swear.. grin... u just concluded that Sodom and Gomorrah are in hell suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. lmao grin.. guy who do u dis tin
u claim I'm misinterpreting the scripture just because what i say is contrary to yours... u don't ever for once think that u might be the wrong one misinterpreting the scripture.

ok.. so if sodom and Gomorrah are d example that means no one was in hell before then na.. oga pls google is there.. do your research.. the eternal fire is the one which destroyed sodom and Gomorrah to ash.. even scientists claim it was a nuclear bomb because there was no trace of sodom and Gomorrah..
God's eternal fire leaves no trace of existence
mind you even if you burn a human with petrol... the bones will be charred but it won't totally turn to ash.. there is still evidence of that person. God's fire LEAVES NEITHER ROOT OR BRANCH. or if I'm wrong then explain malachi 4:1 or is the scripture also false...

i await your response sir
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
solite3:

ooooo... I'm so scared..

by the way.. for the fact i don't believe in an eternal hell doesn't mean i haven't accepted Christ.. I've accepted him thank you and i will believe in an eternal hell when you refute my claims (which u have failed to do)

thanks smiley
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by achorladey: 12:39am On Oct 15, 2016
All I can say is attributes, qualities or characteristics of a personality speaks alot. You understand such personality well when you can fully comprehend those qualities. Where am I going? God defined love has not keeping account of injury. If that is the case, on what account is God to hold us liable to burn in hell fire forever if it does not keep account of injury? That same God told man be angry but do not sin, do not let sunset on your state of anger. If that God gives this wonderful principle, do you think this does not apply to him as well? It reasonable to believe Romans 6:23 that all wages of sins pay is death. A pronuncement God gave to Adam even before he sinned against his God.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by achorladey: 12:51am On Oct 15, 2016
let me repeat this on this thread as well. To whom it may concern, God did not give bible knowledge to the intelligent or intellectuals, it is only meant for those having right heart motivation. So when God say he can kill both Soul and Body in hell, and another person is still insisting that soul torment forever in same hell. Is that not a case of not having the right heart motivation but a ploy to teach traditions of men? Infact the thread derailed from its path once mod operator decided to quote Matthew 10:28.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by achorladey: 1:01am On Oct 15, 2016
John 3:16 For God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believe him will not perish(second death, hell fire, torment requiring everlasting life as well) but have everlasting life........this should be the latest translation if am not mistaken. For your mind bah. I hope you wont make God and Jesus a liar one day.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 5:48am On Oct 15, 2016
the people preaching eternal conscious torment forget to understand something

1. God is just
2. God won't torment anyone in hell forever for commiting a finite sin in a body prone to sin because of the fall of adam and eve

eternal torment preachers please answer this question

if u had a child who loves candy a lot and in the child's room there z some candy and u know its a little child who loves candy a lot.. even if u tell d child not to touch the candy won't he still touch it?? it's in his nature just as its in the nature of every child... but it takes a special type of child who is closer to his parents than the candy to actually avoid it even when the candy is right in his face.

so is sin.. the flesh is prone to sin... it takes the special grace of God through Jesus Christ to resist sin and hearken more unto God

so the question is.... would u burn that child for all eternity understanding he z a child nd its in his nature or you'll scold the child and take away the candy??

over to the eternal torment preachers
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2016
[quote author=Wilgrea7 post=50207021]

guy u funny die i swear.. grin... u just concluded that Sodom and Gomorrah are in hell suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. lmao grin.. guy who do u dis tin
u claim I'm misinterpreting the scripture just because what i say is contrary to yours... u don't ever for once think that u might be the wrong one misinterpreting the scripture.

ok.. so if sodom and Gomorrah are d example that means no one was in hell before then na.. oga pls google is there.. do your research.. the eternal fire is the one which destroyed sodom and Gomorrah to ash.. even scientists claim it was a nuclear bomb because there was no trace of sodom and Gomorrah..
Sodom and Gomorrah were not the first to suffer eternal fire but theirs' where recorded to serve as example of God's judgement by fire! Jude saw beyond the physical when he said the Sodom and Gomorrah are suffering the eternal fire note the use of 'suffering' which means their punishment continues.

God's eternal fire leaves no trace of existence
mind you even if you burn a human with petrol... the bones will be charred but it won't totally turn to ash.. there is still evidence of that person. God's fire LEAVES NEITHER ROOT OR BRANCH. or if I'm wrong then explain malachi 4:1 or is the scripture also false...

i await your response sir
you are in error, root or branch means offspring.

There are numerous bible verses that insinuate eternal punishment for sinners.

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Can someone who was anhilated still be in torments?
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by gaelllic: 10:40am On Oct 15, 2016
Wilgrea7:
the people preaching eternal conscious torment forget to understand something

1. God is just
2. God won't torment anyone in hell forever for commiting a finite sin in a body prone to sin because of the fall of adam and eve

eternal torment preachers please answer this question

if u had a child who loves candy a lot and in the child's room there z some candy and u know its a little child who loves candy a lot.. even if u tell d child not to touch the candy won't he still touch it?? it's in his nature just as its in the nature of every child... but it takes a special type of child who is closer to his parents than the candy to actually avoid it even when the candy is right in his face.

so is sin.. the flesh is prone to sin... it takes the special grace of God through Jesus Christ to resist sin and hearken more unto God

so the question is.... would u burn that child for all eternity understanding he z a child nd its in his nature or you'll scold the child and take away the candy??

over to the eternal torment preachers

Sin is not candy.

Sin is more like sewage.

If a person demonstrated an unwavering determination to refuse nourishment and consume sewage,

he'd probably be locked away for life.

In eternal terms, this is hell.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2016
gaelllic:

Sin is not candy.

Sin is more like sewage.

If a person demonstrated an unwavering determination to refuse nourishment and consume sewage,

he'd probably be locked away for life.

In eternal terms, this is hell.

it was a demonstration..

in eternal terms right?? firstly people are given life imprisonment because they are to DIE in the prison and not live forever in the prison... humans have a life span... also, the prison isn't filled with fire, worms and brimstone.. the prison is an empty cell where they spend the REST of their lives not where they are burning for all of eternity
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
solite3:

who do you like this ? so the city . open your brain CITY of sodom and gomorrah and other CITIES around them are in hell. city for that matter .

haaa , now I know churchianity is like been cursed .
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
a lady came on this thread and asked a very precise and straight to the point question, if eternal life is the promise of God for those who believe in JESUS. based on the popular john 3 vs 16 , doesnt the hellfire creed give an eternal life to sinners too since someone meant to be burning forever must as well have an everlasting life ?

someone should address this.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Genesis2000(m): 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

The wages of sin is death (burning in eternal hell) but the gift of God is life eternal through Christ Jesus our Lord: romans 6:23

God has given every human chances to make a choice. So it depends on the choice you choosed.

Hmmm the wages of sin is death (burning in hellfire)

hmm you mean Adam and Eve are burning in hellfire now

Pls tell me more.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2016
Peacefullove:

who do you like this ? so the city . open your brain CITY of sodom and gomorrah and other CITIES around them are in hell. city for that matter .

haaa , now I know churchianity is like been cursed .
false witness yes the whole city are suffering God's eternal fire in hell!
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by dolphinheart(m): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2016
RabbaRabbi:

bring them on...

but I've already asked you na, you have not responded. check my post to you.
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Wilgrea7(m): 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
solite3:

sorry i couldn't reply earlier... one yeye bot like that ban me.. anyways

so you're saying sodom and Gomorrah are in hell now burning.. if they weren't the first to burn in hell then why were they used as example... nd since u don't understand the fact that the eternal everlasting unquenchable fire is a fire that can't be quenched by any man and that its effect is eternal and everlasting then lemme drop this scripture

2 Peter 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

objections and questions are welcomed

cheers
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2016
solite3:

A city is an area of settlement , so The blocks and buildings ? grin grin grin

una no even get sense again sef, I thought the same bible said they are turn to ashes .
Re: Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: by Peacefullove: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
solite3:

A city is an area of settlement , so The blocks , lands , stones , sands and buildings ? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Todays Devotion,aug 6th.(how To Possess Your Possessions) / Official Titles Of The Pope / Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.