Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (50958 Views)

Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which African Country Has The Most Formidable Standing Army? / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by morpheus24: 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2009
Sagamite:

Will you cut out that shit? So it is a crime to be mixed race?

In Mpele's case it is. Cause he's confused.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by honeric01(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2009
morpheus24:

In Mpele's case it is. Cause he's confused.

easy with the poor boy oo grin
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by morpheus24: 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2009
honeric01:

easy with the poor boy oo grin

Okay Okay Mpele! We are all Africans. Here's something to make you feel better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIDzR9Th9do&feature=related
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Mpele(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2009
@Morpheus

why when we have to discuss issues, U get personal, did I choose to be mix breed! Could U pls explain sa to what is the meaning of confused. Okay to make you happy I'd say Ghana economy is bigger than that of South Africa. They are the economic powerhouse of Africa! there U go happy!!!!!
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by morpheus24: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
Mpele:

@Morpheus

why when we have to discuss issues, U get personal, did I choose to be mix breed! Could U pls explain sa to what is the meaning of confused. Okay to make you happy I'd say Ghana economy is bigger than that of South Africa. They are the economic powerhouse of Africa! there U go happy!!!!!

How ironic your statment is. Answer me this

Did I choose to be Nigerian?. As you are making the best of your situation we are making the best of ours. Capish!!
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Horus(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
And why not create and African economic unity?.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Smi1(m): 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2010
Mapele is a troublesome somebody since day one, All the way from Mapele Zone AK47 SA
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Mariory(m): 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2010
S@mi:

Mapele is a troublesome somebody since day one, All the way from Mapele Zone AK47 SA

Yup you only need to view his last 10 posts.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by tokunbobo(m): 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2010
Let's not bother ourselves, its SOUTH AFRICA and GHANA is following suit now,
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 21, 2011
If you are considering the strength of an economy,take the following into consideration:
Diversity of the economy(that rules out Algeria,Nigeria,Tunisia (80%+ revenue from oil plus Botswana,Namibia,Gabon (80%+ on minerals)Ethopia and Ghana(80%+ on Agriculture) In are S.A,Egypt,Kenya,Tanzania,and previously Zimbabwe.
Political stability.No West,Central or Northern African nation.Tanzania and Southern African nations qualify.
Balance of Trade.Nigeria qualifies(barely),S.A,Libya,DRC,
Manufacturing.S.A,Egypt,Kenya and Mauritius qualify.Nigeria is a net importer.
Recurrent to development expenditure.S.A only.
The strongest economy is S.A.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by igbo2011(m): 12:07pm On Nov 21, 2011
GERALD710:

If you are considering the strength of an economy,take the following into consideration:
Diversity of the economy(that rules out Algeria,Nigeria,Tunisia (80%+ revenue from oil plus Botswana,Namibia,Gabon (80%+ on minerals)Ethopia and Ghana(80%+ on Agriculture) In are S.A,Egypt,Kenya,Tanzania,and previously Zimbabwe.
Political stability.No West,Central or Northern African nation.Tanzania and Southern African nations qualify.
Balance of Trade.Nigeria qualifies(barely),S.A,Libya,DRC,
Manufacturing.S.A,Egypt,Kenya and Mauritius qualify.Nigeria is a net importer.
Recurrent to development expenditure.S.A only.
The strongest economy is S.A.
Nigeria is trying to diversify but Boko Haram is setting us back. Investors are not coming. All we need is power and roads and the businesses can do everything on their own. I hearda gu who imports diesel gave goodluck a lot of money to keep the system going. But all Nigerians nee is POWER, ROADS, EDUCATION, and HEALTHCARE the Nigerian people will do the rest. Nigeria can grow at 20% a year including manufacturing, tourism, services, agriculture, etc.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Freiburger(m): 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2012
Here are the top 5 lists:
In terms of GDP(Nominal)
1.South africa
2.Egypt
3.Nigeria
4.Algeria
5 Morocca

In terms of GDP(Norminal) per capital
1.Equatorial Guinea
2.Libya
3.Gbon
4.Seychelles
5.Bostwana

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by pendo89(f): 9:15am On Jan 20, 2012
The Pillars used to gauge a country's global competitiveness determine the one with the strongest economy.
Its not only based on GDP.

Sub Saharan Africa= SA
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Sagamite(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2012
pendo89:

The Pillars used to gauge a country's global competitiveness determine the one with the strongest economy.
Its not only based on GDP.

Sub Saharan Africa= SA

I have corrected your statement.  cheesy

I specify:

GDP is the largest.

Economy is one of the most diverse.

Population size is one of the largest 6.

GDP per capita is one of the highest.

Ease of doing business is one of the best.

Infrastructure is top-notch.

Education system is one of the best in the world.

Nigeria: Giant of Africa Delusion. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by pendo89(f): 11:14am On Jan 20, 2012
Sagamite:

I have corrected your statement.  cheesy

I specify:

GDP is the largest.

Economy is one of the most diverse.

Population size is one of the largest 6.

GDP per capita is one of the highest.

Ease of doing business is one of the best.

Infrastructure is top-notch.

Education system is one of the best in the world.

Nigeria: Giant of Africa Delusion. grin

You from SA or Nigeria?

The country with the highest score in each of the below pillars is the strongest economy. And under each pillar there's quality,access,impact,flexibility,strengths,reliability, efficiency,procedures,dominance,rights, etc etc.

Institutions
Infrastructure
Macro economic environment
Health and Primary education
Higher education and training
Goods market efficiency
Labour market efficiency
Financial market development
Technological readiness
Market size
Business sophistication
Innovation.

SA ranks 34 when it comes to ease of doing biz.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Sagamite(m): 11:37am On Jan 20, 2012
pendo89:

You from SA or Nigeria?

The country with the highest score in each of the below pillars is the strongest economy. And under each pillar there's quality,access,impact,flexibility,strengths,reliability, efficiency,procedures,dominance,rights, etc etc.

Institutions
Infrastructure
Macro economic environment
Health and Primary education
Higher education and training
Goods market efficiency
Labour market efficiency
Financial market development
Technological readiness
Market size
Business sophistication
Innovation.

SA ranks 34 when it comes to ease of doing biz.

I am from Senseland! grin

I don't do stewpid, delusional patriotism. I just practice sense, sense, sense, sense. Morning till night. For breakfast, for lunch and for dinner.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by pendo89(f): 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
Sagamite:

I am from Senseland! grin

I don't do stewpid, delusional patriotism. I just practice sense, sense, sense, sense. Morning till night. For breakfast, for lunch and for dinner.

Noted.
Whatever the case patriotism is not agreeing with delusions. I believe positive critism is a great sign of patriotism.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Sagamite(m): 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
pendo89:

Noted.
Whatever the case patriotism is not agreeing with delusions. I believe positive critism is a great sign of patriotism.

There are different tactics for addressing people to effect change.

At the level of delusion some Nigerians are at the moment, ridicule is the best approach to let them see the rot they are in.

Too many years of brainwashing with that useless term of "Giant of Africa", when you can get a better life in more than one third of other African countries. Nigerians still go about beating their chest like if they are above others and majority are hardly doing anything collectively or individually to make themselves stand out. No wonder we have the hogwash in quality in most things Nigerian. Graduates writing on forums in textspeak.

Ridiculing to subdue unwarranted and delusional bravado is my own contribution to patriotism. cheesy
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by pendo89(f): 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2012
I hate the ignorance displayed by many Africans.East knows nothing about West,West knows nothing about East and South doesn't give a damn about Central or North and we dont care to know. Most Africans know more about the West than Africa itself.
We end up becoming delusional in the process.
SA is the gateway to Africa. But they got their own issues as well. Reminds me of the BRIC and BRICS debate.

If your style works for you fine and good. It takes a citizen to understand his own countrymen and communicate in a language they understand.
Ok cheers. I am on NL to learn about the west. grin
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Sagamite(m): 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
pendo89:

I hate the ignorance displayed by many Africans.East knows nothing about West,West knows nothing about East and South doesn't give a damn about Central or North and we dont care to know. Most Africans know more about the West than Africa itself.
We end up becoming delusional in the process.
SA is the gateway to Africa. But they got their own issues as well. Reminds me of the BRIC and BRICS debate.

If your style works for you fine and good. It takes a citizen to understand his own countrymen and communicate in a language they understand.
Ok cheers. I am on NL to learn about the west. grin

The way I communicate on NL with Nigerians is not the same way I will communicate with Ghanaians or Zimbabweans.

I know what works for "Na me sabi" but yet immensely ignorant Nigerians.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by pendo89(f): 10:07am On Jan 21, 2012
mind describing a nigerian to me please ?
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
pendo89:

mind describing a nigerian to me please ?

Loud and boisterous with "I no go carry last" mentality and takes pride in relative achievements (e.g. my tribe) rather than personal achievements. Worse still they are lazy buggers with "I don try mentality" to any activities they undertake rather than "This is the best possible" mentality.

The loud and boisterous is not necessarily a bad thing except when you are absolutely ignorant, throw conjectures as fact, never bother to find the data/observations to back your "sabi" but yet will put up a defensive wall when corrected.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by pendo89(f): 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
ok. Funny thing is I cant pick out a nigerian from a crowd of ghanians till he/she speaks.
Big voice u guys have.
Tribe is something all africans take pride in but it becomes useless the moment one steps out of their country and begin interacting and appreciating other's diverse backgrounds and culture. Or when you realise nobody knows/cares about your tribe beyond your borders.

But am sure ur judgement is based on a small minority on this forum and not the 150 mill. pop.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Sagamite(m): 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
pendo89:

ok. Funny thing is I cant pick out a nigerian from a crowd of ghanians till he/she speaks.
Big voice u guys have.
Tribe is something all africans take pride in but it becomes useless the moment one steps out of their country and begin interacting and appreciating other's diverse backgrounds and culture. Or when you realise nobody knows/cares about your tribe beyond your borders.

But am sure ur judgement is based on a small minority on this forum and not the 150 mill. pop.

Even an European told me he knows the difference between a Nigerian and a Ghanaian just based on their body language and the way they talk.

As par tribe, you see some useless failures in Nigeria pointing out what one person from their tribe did and thinks that makes them a superior human.

I am talking about majority of the so-called "enlightened". Bloody foools. The fact there is that majority of the 150m are not in a position to be developed so we should not even go into their weaknesses. I am focusing on those that should know better and actually think they do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by pendo89(f): 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2012
lol ok. That's new, the Ghanian and the nigerian body language.Still cant differentiate.

But you sound really angry with ur country men.Nigerians are some of the most educated people in Africa you know. Majority dont settle for degrees.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Sagamite(m): 12:57am On Jan 22, 2012
pendo89:

lol ok. That's new, the Ghanian and the nigerian body language.Still cant differentiate.

But you sound really angry with ur country men.Nigerians are some of the most educated people in Africa you know. Majority dont settle for degrees.

There are obviously good aspects of Nigerians but that is not a stamp of approval. We are nowhere near our potential and a large proportion is due to internal qualities and values. It starts with each individual and the way they contribute ESPECIALLY the ones supposedly enlightened as they are suppose to be the light for the others. So many people with degrees that talk utter nonsense like pure foooools! Very few are even worth it and those are the naturally gifted ones.

The Nigerian mentality is fcked!

Usually in business/work management, the businesses are substandard but yet the owners want to drive a Hummer tomorrow.

An even when standard, they will charge and am and a leg.

You yourself tell me about the Nigerian businesses and restaurants in your hood. Do you see them improving and creating a great image?

I once saw a white expatriate that lives in Nigeria stated his amusement about why Nigerians are so proud of Nigeria. He listed the total number of substandard things in Nigeria (especially the chaos) and compared it with other African and Asian third world countries he had lived in, not even developed countries.

He said, to him, the pride is like taking a shyt and looking back at it in extreme admiration.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-746243.32.html#msg9032656 (read the comments on the thread especially of cretins like premechaz)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-376162.32.html#msg6956697

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by pendo89(f): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2012
wow okay I see why you are angry now

Well its not easy for a foreigner to acquire a work permit here. I may need to research on registered nigerian owned companies/biz  cz I dont have any in mind now. They are however famed for their churches.  Not so many but they have established a few.

From those threads u posted,I think its a feeling of despair and hopelessness which makes people think the way they think.
Not justified but problem comes in when we accept it as normal way of life when other nations are progressing.
It doesn't take a crowd to change a nation but a strong willed uncompromising  individual.
But if the systems and structures in place don't work in favour of those trying to bring change, its all futile.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by wisejesus: 6:52am On Oct 11, 2014
Get lazy...die sleeping...the mentality of an average African...we feed our own winds to grow... We compare our countries and even in our country we compare our states, region,tribe, family etc...we get lazy...and die sleeping...most of us in this blog are graduates...what can we be proud of...just to do a good write up "cespits" wen we should be think of how to make Africa great...know it an average Nigerian today is not concern about GDP but how to be a better person...die for something that will outlive him or her...go do same whether SA or EGpt or Alg or Kenya...think individualism and u LL see your country become the best in the world.
Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Khin: 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
paddylo1:

nigga why u peddling mis information here,south africa GDP is $280bln,not that stuff u quoted there

Nigeria is second at $210bln,but catching up fast

i know u niggas seem to think u the best in everything,but your economy is not double nigerias,or egypts for that matter

yea south africa is largest for now,watch out in 2015
and when u loose that title as largest in africa to Nigeria,ill be here to remind u about it cheesy

Your Prediction came to pass. You sir must be a Prophet.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Khin: 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2015
Mpele:
1. South Africa – GDP: $533.2 billion
Africa’s largest economy looms over the rest and has an abundant supply of natural resources with well-developed financial, legal, communications, energy, and transport sectors. South Africa has a modern infrastructure that supports an efficient distribution of goods to major urban centers throughout the region and a stock exchange that ranks among the 10 largest in the world.

1.The Rand was the best performing currency against the US dollar between 2002 and 2005 (Bloomberg Currency Scoreboard)
2.South Africa has 55,000 high-net individuals holding at least US $1 million in financial assets (World Wealth Report 2008)
3.South Africa has the 27th biggest economy in the world, with a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of US $254 billion (World Bank)
4.South Africa accounts for almost 25% of the GDP of the entire African continent, with an economy more than twice the size of the second biggest – Algeria (World Bank)
5.Gauteng is South Africa’s smallest province but produces 34% of South Africa’s

South Africa is the superpower and the single biggest economy in Africa!

http://rwrant.co.za/2009/08/26/50-facts-about-south-africa-you-might-not-have-known/

NIGERIA now has Africa's biggest Economy. What happened to your South Africa ?

1 Like

Re: Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. by Hogsmead: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
edikanvic:
Which country currently has the most secured economy in Africa.
1.Ethiopia and Kenya has the strongest economy.
2.South Africa had the most sophisticated economy
3.Nigeria has the largest economy
4.Botswana has the largest economy in terms of per capita income.

Can we move on now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle / Putin Addresses Russians After Failed Wagner Group "Coup"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.