Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify (8395 Views)

Jonathan To Metuh: Deposit N1bn For My Transport For Me To Testify in Your Case / I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu / Buhari’s Advisers To Testify Against Saraki And Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by agwom(m): 8:06am On Oct 13, 2016
Dozens of witnesses are ready to testify against the seven arrested senior judges as the Department of Security Services (DSS) charges them to court next week, Daily Trust gathered yesterday.
The security agency said it was almost through with its investigations as it awaited the National Judicial Council to take some decisions about the affected judges before their arraignment next week, a security source said last night.

“We are almost through with the investigation. The ongoing investigation is not supposed to go beyond this week. We have written the NJC about what has happened and we expect the NJC to take some decisions about the affected judges this week.”
“Once that is done, hopefully by next week or thereabout, we should arraign them in court,” the source told Daily Trust.
Fifteen senior judges are under investigation over corrupt practices and seven judges have already been arrested.
The source said since the arrest of the judges and raid of their homes, more petitions were sent to the DSS over various corruption allegations against many other judges.
“For now more facts in the form of petitions are trickling in about the judges. It’s like everyone who has had cause to go to court for one reason or the other has been a victim. More facts are trickling in and we cannot ignore them,” the source said.
“It is our statutory responsibility to investigate painstakingly every complaint. Some victims have even indicated their readiness to testify in court. We assure the public that we will do a thorough job.
“We are investigating all the properties linked to them. The kind of things we observe as regards the forms they submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau is another kettle of fish,” the source said.
“We discover a judge filling three different forms with different information either in terms of assets declared or even personal information like age,” the security source added.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/witnesses-ready-to-testify-as-dss-arraign-judges-next-week/166568.html#7PgyRWootXesjipD.99

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Mujaheeeden: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2016
The only reason i don't take such news serious is that its only done on pages of newspaper then completed on LET'S TALK by Zoe and Chinaka of Nig Info while that nutjob calledd Temisa of Classic Fm finish the prpropaganda

6 Likes

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by PassingShot(m): 8:16am On Oct 13, 2016
Defenders of corruption (sadly they're also joint victims of the vice) were masturbating all over a thread suggesting their arraignment has been postponed indefinitely as if "indefinitely" means "never to be arraigned".

For avoidance of doubt, "indefinitely" only suggests no specific date has been fixed yet. However, the arraignment could still happen the next day, a week's time, a month's time or even a year's time. Surely, it's not a thing to celebrate on.

Lazy kids aplenty here I swear!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by 989900: 8:59am On Oct 13, 2016
For now more facts in the form of petitions are trickling in about the judges. It’s like everyone who has had cause to go to court for one reason or the other has been a victim. More facts are trickling in and we cannot ignore them,” the source said.
“It is our statutory responsibility to investigate painstakingly every complaint. Some victims have even indicated their readiness to testify in court. We assure the public that we will do a thorough job.
We are investigating all the properties linked to them. The kind of things we observe as regards the forms they submitted to the Code of Conduct Bureau is another kettle of fish,” the source said.

lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 14, 2016
grin
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by dannytoe(m): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2016
Ok, good job
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Uscarin(m): 9:28am On Oct 14, 2016
super
Keneking:
grin
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2016
no judge will try that case... a waste of time. DSS is embarking on system corruption which is more than economic corruption.
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2016
The DSS is still playing to the gallery. According to the NJC the two supreme court justices arrested never had even a single petition against them. How then would you arraign them?

You can't take supreme court justices and arraign them unless they've first been suspended by the NJC and the NJC doesn't just suspend judges willy-nilly. There has to be a petition accompanied by a sworn affidavit and then investigation with the affected judges allowed to defend themselves. All this cannot happen between now and next week.

The DSS is displaying the same problem that the EFCC has always had. They will make a lot noise in the media and rush to court with shoddy, ill-prepared cases. At the end of the day the courts would have no choice but to free the accused persons and Nigerians would start shouting that judges who heard the cases are corrupt.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by kcnwaigbo: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2016
No Judge will be arraigned unless there are dismissed by the NJC.They will be no arraignment even if they will be later ,it definitely will not be next week

1 Like

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 14, 2016
Shame on NJC

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by kcnwaigbo: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2016
PassingShot:
Defenders of corruption (sadly they're also joint victims of the vice) were masturbating all over a thread suggesting their arraignment has been postponed indefinitely as if "indefinitely" means "never to be arraigned".

For avoidance of doubt, "indefinitely" only suggests no specific date has been fixed yet. However, the arraignment could still happen the next day, a week's time, a month's time or even a year's time. Surely, it's not a thing to celebrate on.

My dear only judges recommended for prosecution by the NJC will end up been prosecuted.No CJ will touch the files leyt alone assigning the cases.Better get it into your head.The DSS cannot run faster than its shadows,it must abide with the confines of the law

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by orlarbissy(f): 9:33am On Oct 14, 2016
Before then no witness will be found again.
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by chieveboy(m): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2016
Ok
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by GoodofNaija: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2016
A bitter news for wailers lipsrsealed
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

My dear only judges recommended for prosecution by the NJC will end up been prosecuted.No CJ will touch the files leyt alone assigning the cases.Better get it into your head.The DSS cannot run faster than its shadows,it must abide with the confines of the law
DSS is headed for shame

1 Like

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Omotorvidosky: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2016
Story for the gods, by the gods and of the gods.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 14, 2016
GoodofNaija:
A bitter news for wailers lipsrsealed
use your intellect .... no serving judge will be arraigned

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by chieveboy(m): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Lol you sound like it's bad news to you cheesy why?

The guy you quoted didn't say anything different from what you are trying to say...una only difference is on which side ina dey

4 Likes

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 9:38am On Oct 14, 2016
agwom:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/witnesses-ready-to-testify-as-dss-arraign-judges-next-week/166568.html#7PgyRWootXesjipD.99
Activities in this country makes me laugh and also weep for this nation. What are they witnessing oh, make una yearn me.
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by chieveboy(m): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2016
Okeyson4wisdom:
Activities in this country makes me laugh and also weep for this nation. What are they witnessing oh, make una yearn me.

Nawa for you o...they are probable victims of the activities of the judges and are ready to testify in court....do you know how things have gone wrong for a Nigerian to say he is ready to testify in court?
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Hedonistically: 9:51am On Oct 14, 2016
Idiots (i.e. the DSS). Shebi your demented DG called Daura would be seconded as an emergency judge to preside over their arraignment? Let's watch and see what happens. That's what you get when lawless, reckless cattle rearers from rustic communities in the hinterlands take over the reins of government.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by MAXIMAL123(m): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2016
Dozens of witnesses are ready to testify against the seven arrested senior judges as the Department of Security Services (DSS) charges them to court next week, Daily Trust gathered yesterday.
LET DEM COME...IF DEM LIKE LET DEM COME IN MILLIONS I TRUST BUHARI HE WILL NEVER RELENT IN SANITIZING DIS COUNTRY...IS GOOD TO BE BRAVE

1 Like

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by kcnwaigbo: 9:57am On Oct 14, 2016
Hedonistically:
Idiots (i.e. the DSS). Shebi your demented DG called Daura would be seconded as an emergence judge to preside over their arraignment? Let's watch and see what happens. That's what you get when lawless, reckless cattle rearers from rustic communities in the hinterlands take over the reins of government.
allow them to continue to fool themselves!!! Lets me see which Judge will handle the case when it has not yet been decided by the NJC.
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by entrepreneurmic: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2016
Omonua23:
For those that have not be admitted You can still secure your admission,do not wait for any batch..You need to work your way or you'll be left out this year. Hurry up now and Contact Mr Asine on 08109085886. He's still accepting candidates for different department on his list. This is 100% guaranteed. Goodluck
SCAM/ CORRUPTION, DSS IS COMING FOR U. BE WARNED!!!
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Progressive01(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2016
PassingShot:

Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
[s]
kcnwaigbo:

allow them to continue to fool themselves!!! Lets me see which Judge will handle the case when it has not yet been decided by the NJC.
[/s]

Just because judges are running away from Nnamdi kanu's case doesn't mean they won't wanna prosecute their fellow judges. I pray they give Nnamdi kanu to a yoruba judge so he see real though judgment
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Abcka811: 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2016
chieveboy:

Nawa for you o...they are probable victims of the activities of the judges and are ready to testify in court....do you know how things have gone wrong for a Nigerian to say he is ready to testify in court?
or those people could be hired on more advance method adopted to justify this Buhari apc propaganda to covers ups his incompetence. As far as apc and Buhari is concerned, nothing is hard for that group to do. I will be the last to trust this Buhari apc government because from day one, majority of their members are great liers. When they started, they even openly admitted that if there was party member who gave pdp member and Nigerians in general problems in terms of lying thereby causing confusion among Nigerians was Lai Mohammed. According to them, the best choice of minister of Information should be Lia Mohammed. Since then people like Okorocha, Oshiomhole and many others have been telling lies every hour.
Am also expecting more stories about the chibogu girls. With Buhari and apc, every thing is possible.
Re: DSS Arraigns Judges Next Week, Witnesses Ready To Testify by Abcka811: 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
chieveboy:

or those people could be hired on more advance method adopted to justify this Buhari apc propaganda to covers ups his incompetence. As far as apc and Buhari is concerned, nothing is hard for that group to do. I will be the last to trust this Buhari apc government because from day one, majority of their members are great liers. When they started, they even openly admitted that if there was party member who gave pdp member and Nigerians in general problems in terms of lying thereby causing confusion among Nigerians was Lai Mohammed. According to them, the best choice of minister of Information should be Lia Mohammed. Since then people like Okorocha, Oshiomhole and many others have been telling lies every hour.
Am also expecting more stories about the chibogu girls. With Buhari and apc, every thing is possible.
This could be another very advanced form of propaganda. We remember the first girl who was said to be rescused.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / Breaking News: Hand Of God Appears In The Sky In The USA [see Photos] / Bill For State Police Passes Second Reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.