Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,429 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

"Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu (41805 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With These Photos / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Buhari's Kitchen Comment About Aisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Teespice(f): 7:08am On Oct 15, 2016
out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

that statement is too insensitive for a president to utter and worse of all outside the shores of his country.

for this oti mkpu buhari to say it's a joke and can't the president make jokes again is like a slap to the senses of Nigerians.

not surprised sha. it is the mentality of most males na. very vocal on nairaland sef.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Teespice(f): 7:11am On Oct 15, 2016
sarrki:

Many have lost it

When he said she belongs to the kitchen

It's like throwing banter

But for the hatred many won't see it

If Aisha is free to do her wish in Aso Rock we may not

Ear all this

call a spade a spade abeg.

clearly you are the one loosing it if you see nothing wrong in what this man has said.

if you want to defend him, your choice but please don't defend him stupidly. he goofed badly.

how would your wife feel if she heard you say publicly in front of family and friends that she belongs in your kitchen and you say you are throwing banters albeit jokingly.

3 Likes

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by lekkie073(m): 7:15am On Oct 15, 2016
flokii:

for your mind now, you get gun and you can shoot well abi?

No worry.. I'll just let this slide

go and sin no more
gerrarrahia mhen. if only i could catch u in d real world u for know how far. oponu oniradarada
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Omeokachie: 7:16am On Oct 15, 2016
He jokingly insulted the nigerian women by diminishing their relevance in the scheme of things within our society.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by damihayjay: 7:22am On Oct 15, 2016
jakiedudu:
Yes people make sexist joke every day. It's a worldwide problem. But as the number one citizen of a country, there are comments or jokes a president should desist from making, and one of them is sexism.
especially when d next POTUS and Uk pm re likely to be women .........bn sexist is trouble ask Donald Trump....
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by bebu: 7:22am On Oct 15, 2016
jiinxed:

Do you read the thrash you type?
. Tru tru na thrash b dis oo
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Smooyis(m): 7:25am On Oct 15, 2016
What an expensive joke! cool shocked
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by breakeven: 7:28am On Oct 15, 2016
Damage control I guess.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by holyfather(m): 7:36am On Oct 15, 2016
vislabraye:

Yeah, it was a joke and it was funny. But was it proper ?

Proper it might not be, it's a joke nonetheless.
Hatred is not a virtue.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by tonio2wo: 7:40am On Oct 15, 2016
Fellow nigerians, we call this 'damage control'
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by President99: 7:41am On Oct 15, 2016
Buhari's stench hypocrisy of kitchen.
Your wife was busy campaigning for you, but your Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari were busy cooling themselves somewhere with neither APC card membership nor INEC voter's card. Is Buhari telling us that the 15million Nigerians who voted him r irrelevant? coz as it stands now, nobody among the 15millions people who voted Buhari r important to him like Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari who never voted him. Anyway, this is a lesson for all, never trust any politician. above all I am a Buharist too

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by zigeesq: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2016
"Joke" I think Shehu is a better joker Than PMB .
Buhari should learn jokes from Ali baba before trying to be a comedian ..
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by focus7: 8:09am On Oct 15, 2016
mallam Garuba Shehu you will do more than using hypo to wash the dirty linen of Buhari for it to be clean.

Buhari does not deserve to be the president of Nigeria.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Ndolarr: 8:10am On Oct 15, 2016
If my daughter's husband made such a demeaning joke about her in public, I will return the bride price plus interest and withdraw my daughter and children, pronto! They can only go back to his house after a public apology!
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by zigeesq: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2016
What silly joke, why don't Buhari ask his wife to stay at home and prepare kunu for him and his cohort during campaigns .
A woman who spent more time in school than PMB .

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by focus7: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2016
jumobi1:
It's a joke but the time and place where he made the joke shows he was serious about the content of the joke. If he wasn't serious then he has a serious problem. You don't risk such a joke as a President without making it clear. He said it next to a woman too.
My brother it is not a joke, Buhari just demonstrated how ungrateful he is, just as he had shown disregard for all the people that laboured and sacrificed for him to become president so he just shown that he did not recognize the woman that travel through road and air to campaign for him to become the president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by grandad: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2016
So obvious....Pre. Buhari was joking.....
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by berbs112(m): 8:38am On Oct 15, 2016
Inasmuch as I don't support the current administration, do you expect the president to just Dance to the tune of his wife because she felt that he doesn't know those he appointed to key positions? I don't think so. She should stay in one place Abeg! Let those saddled with the job do their job. The 15 million Nigerians will be wiser come 2019
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Kgdavid(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
CACAWA:
No shame again...

So now "he was joking"
The only thing in this message is that Garba Shehu agrees with us that Buhari made a terribly wrong statement.
In the world today, Gender Equality is a very hot topic, and there you stand, in the full glare of international media, side by side with the German Chancellor, then you make a statement ridiculing the place of a woman...

...even Donald Trump has lost so much support based on his "locker room" talk ....

And you call it a joke?

I know a joke when I hear one...

The video of Buhari laughing before he responded to the question did not show a man who was about to crack a nasty joke.

It showed a man who felt "hmmm...a whole me....Walahi I will show this girl pepper when I return to Nigeria"
It is that kind of laughter your parents give you when you disgrace them in public.

I fear Aisha Buhari may henceforth be given the same treatment of the fmr Enugu First Lady (house arrest)

Let me conclude by correcting another wrong notion.
When he said "my kitchen, my living room" and "the other room" instead of "my bedroom"...
Psychologist will get the message...PMB and his wife no longer share same bedroom. She stays in "the other room"

Many people didn't understand that subtle message.

The cabals are really at work.

You are very wrong about the bolded (although i agree with you on the rest). When he said "the other room", he simply wanted to avoid the explicit sexual connotations of saying "the bedroom", preferring in a show of belated taste to imply it and allow mature viewers make the inference. Obviously.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by ihatesycophant(m): 8:46am On Oct 15, 2016
People will just want to make issue where there's none just to win political point. What concern anyone with what one's wife is to him. Ample number of people forming holy angel here don't give a damn about their woman or woman folk. The way they treat their woman in the secret is beyond human's mind. As at today Aishat Buhari does not belong to any political party. This has been the major mistake we've been making against all our Nigerian's first ladies, thinking their part of card caring political class.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by ozimec(m): 9:03am On Oct 15, 2016
sarrki:

Who are the we ?

Majority of Nigerians. Yes, as if you don't know
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by autonomous22: 9:06am On Oct 15, 2016
who ask u.....
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by iwadobo: 9:11am On Oct 15, 2016
Sweetguy25:
The president of the most populous black country in the world insulted his wife in front of prominent world leaders and you're calling it a joke? You must be a fool Mr She hu.

He can call it a joke, after all, is Nigeria not a joke?
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by Wizteaser: 9:13am On Oct 15, 2016
Now I really understand that some mad men are not roaming. Garbage Shewu why nah?
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by ozimec(m): 9:22am On Oct 15, 2016
CACAWA:
No shame again...

So now "he was joking"
The only thing in this message is that Garba Shehu agrees with us that Buhari made a terribly wrong statement.
In the world today, Gender Equality is a very hot topic, and there you stand, in the full glare of international media, side by side with the German Chancellor, then you make a statement ridiculing the place of a woman...

...even Donald Trump has lost so much support based on his "locker room" talk ....

And you call it a joke?

I know a joke when I hear one...

The video of Buhari laughing before he responded to the question did not show a man who was about to crack a nasty joke.

It showed a man who felt "hmmm...a whole me....Walahi I will show this girl pepper when I return to Nigeria"
It is that kind of laughter your parents give you when you disgrace them in public.

I fear Aisha Buhari may henceforth be given the same treatment of the fmr Enugu First Lady (house arrest)

Let me conclude by correcting another wrong notion.
When he said "my kitchen, my living room" and "the other room" instead of "my bedroom"...
Psychologist will get the message...PMB and his wife no longer share same bedroom. She stays in "the other room"

Many people didn't understand that subtle message.

The cabals are really at work.

Lol. Anyway, that's your own interpretation but pmb obviously not joking and many Nigerians already know that. As for me, I'm patiently waiting for Lai Mohammed interpretation even, Buhari will be surprised.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by BishopMagic: 9:32am On Oct 15, 2016
This would have made for a better joke rather than the nonsense buhari spewed in Germany :

"You know women, we can't seem to satisfy them. I will be facing serious probe on my part when I get home. Pls pray for me."

Shikena!

Merkel will truly laugh and buhari will transform to a living meme over the liberal internetz.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by chachauche(m): 10:22am On Oct 15, 2016
So Buhari could joke,never knew we had a Comedian for a president,Gej never did anything good before the APC
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by pritykate(f): 11:04am On Oct 15, 2016
We are the we's
sarrki:

Who are the we ?

Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by DorisK(f): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2016
joking? so our television network is now a place for jokes abi? probably everything he has been telling us had been jokes
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by lenmafon: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2016
Patiently waiting for what kind of punishment ashia will be given for joining the wailers' club, Afterall their religion see women as possession to be owned, so am not surprised that our baba made such statement and 'joke'
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by obaloppelujo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
Lmao..............People dey fight buhari now over his wife,una wan marry the woman if baba divorce her ?
Nigerians can use daga for somebody's injury , seriously i didnt support buhari's statement and will never cos he who finds a wife finds a good thing , she is your partner not a MAID. I felt the woman spoke well, she spit anger and was just diplomatic , i applaud her for that cos no firstlady have ever be this MEAN.
My advice for mrs buhari is that : You became the first lady cos your hubby was a president ,your influence didnt make him president his influence made you firstlady .
If you divorce him another woman will take your place and enjoy what you've nutured for years , remember the first lady when he was a military leader is no'more and buhari still lives.
Baba and Mama Buhari just settle this on bed and dont make your private life become topic of dicussion..........to me its just too funny.
Re: "Buhari Was Joking About Aisha Belonging To His Kitchen Comment" - Garba Shehu by papiwyte(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
Did woman lost my Respect woofully

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Urges Court To Return Nnamdi Kanu To Prison / IPOB Bans Rearing, Consumption Of Cows In South-Eastern Nigeria / Nigerians Will Pelt Jonathan With Stones If…- Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.