Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years (7086 Views)

PDP Chairmanship: How South-west Lost Out; GEJ, Others React / 2019: How South-west Will Shape Nigerian Politics / The South Has To Unite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2016
flokii:

[s]The 1% Lagos is asking for is just to test d possibility of "southern unity" not like d world would end if they dnt get it,, and SS/SE didn't fail to disappoint as usual. They are not just smart

Afterall it's a Nothern govt. now and they can do whatever they like

Just watch how the whole thing will backfire on SE... SW has been calling for restructuring but no single soul has done that in the entire SS/SE[/s]

5 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by proeast(m): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:
Your sit down in air conditions and propose 1million% for kano down to Niger republic if theylike but the most important thing is that SESS holds the yam and the knife. Avengers, NDGJM, JDNDF, etc will determine what nigeria gets or not. As long as they are angry, don't be too sure the money will flow regularly.
Nigeria is a joke and whoever believes in it is a bastard!!! This is why the likes of Nnamdi Kanu, Avengers, Ipob etc will always be supported. We will see where these greedy a.bokis will get the money to dash the north, so kano's 44 lga's they have been using to defraud us is no longer enough I ONLY PITY THE NIGER DELTA WHOSE MONEY IS BEING USED TO DEVELOP OTHER PLACES WHILE THEY REMAIN IN ABJECT POVERTY!

4 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Justiceleague1: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2016
flokii:
you won't see anything like "southern" senators now o.

They prefer to back d North against SW
just the same way afonja "backed the se and ss" against the north in the last general election,yep grin
flokii:

just to score cheap points. The Lagos they all flock to for business undecided
yesso,we will all troop to lagos...afonja must bear our burden as well grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Justiceleague1: 10:58am On Oct 21, 2016
yemaldo:

The question is who betrayed who, yoruba really tried for Jonathan, in fact Jonathan betrayed yoruba people that fought against yaradua's kitchen cabinet and they turned against him

you know you aint saying the truth,how did gej betray the yorubas? Pdp allotted the house of reps speakership to the yorubas in 2011 and tinubu spearheaded a coup and there was a rogue election and all the acn members from yoruba land, (remember pdp had only about 3 or 4 members from the west and one of them,naturally, oughtta've been chosen)of the Hor teamed up with their northern counteparts and voted for tambowal from northwest,against their own brother(a woman actually) of the pdp. Obj and jonathan reacted,but they said it was democracy. That was
how they lost that whole big number 3 position. But here you are blaming gej of betraying the never-learning-from-history yorubas.. God will judge you..and that fixated mindset flokii

5 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Justiceleague1: 11:07am On Oct 21, 2016
flokii:

one special things about 'Afonjas' is that we dnt shout or cry foul unnecessarily

when ur people hijacked GEJ's govt., we didn't cry marginalization, instead we waited for him at d polls.

Now that you pple have suddenly found love with d North, we won't cry foul either.. payback time will surely come

I hope d Hausas reciprocate that love you guys are showing them now.. mayb they'll atleast repair ur roads, who knows.

Enjoy!
laMENTALtions lols grin

so it was ss and ss that sponsored 1% dev bill that was disgraced and kicked out,ba? Smh,keep on hoping for se/ss downfall to make ur life a fulfilling one...we romanced with gej and u romanced with doghari but an ordinary 1% tinubu abeg_sir bill was disgraced and booted away..by doghari's ppl..enjoy grin

3 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 21, 2016
Justiceleague1:

you know you aint saying the truth,how did gej betray the yorubas? Pdp allotted the house of reps speakership to the yorubas in 2011 and tinubu spearheaded a coup and there was a rogue election and all the acn members from yoruba land, (remember pdp had only about 3 or 4 members from the west and one of them,naturally, oughtta've been chosen)of the Hor teamed up with their northern counteparts and voted for tambowal from northwest,against their own brother(a woman actually) of the pdp. Obj and jonathan reacted,but they said it was democracy. That was
how they lost that whole big number 3 position. But here you are blaming gej of betraying the never-learning-from-history yorubas.. God will judge you..and that fixated mindset flokii
Read my comment again, i said Jonathan not pdp betrayed us
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by OAUTemitayo: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2016
Sometimes I feel like urging the Niger Delta Avengers to do more bombings.
Our useless senators from the South were there and did not use their block vote to block this nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 21, 2016
obailala:
I'm curious to know what PDP would have done differently or what PDP did differently since you claim that voting APC has brought this?

All I see from this development is the northern synergy, while we in the south laugh and mock them for their perceived illiteracy (a thread was opened recently to showcase the illiteracy of one northern Rep Kazaure), their leaders collectively work together to squeeze more juice to their region. The question I ask is, what stops southern leaders/representatives from creating this same synergy?... Everyday we come online to witness SE vs SW vs SS wars while the north carts away with the spoils, but the south actually believes it is smart.

Is oodua funded by the federal government? ...

I agree with you that the south must wake up and unite on politics at least. All these so called yoruba versus ibo fights reeks of juvenile myopia.

The truth is the elite on both side have used these rethorics to garner cheap political support for themselves instead of bringing real development to their regions. At the end of the day we the people are getting the short changed from one political cycle to another

A typical example is the 13% derivation. Lagos has started oil production and deserves to get a bigger share of her oil wealth. They will not get it because once upon a time, derivation fight was opposed by the abokkis using the south west political class as flag bearers for their crusade against SS.

Gas reserves in lagos will benefit some almajiri in borno more than a lagos school. But it is ok since we have been made to believe a big lie from the elites here in the south that our tribal differences supercedes our common interests

obailala:
I'm curious to know what PDP would have done differently or what PDP did differently since you claim that voting APC has brought this?.

An APC majority senate sponsored and passed a CPC agenda which will be likely accented by an APC president. Meanwhile the same APC majority senate threw out a bill to benefit the ACN arm of APC. If you do not see the connection there then there is nothing I can say to help you.

Except you are a card carrying memeber of apc

4 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Justiceleague1: 11:36am On Oct 21, 2016
yemaldo:

Read my comment again, i said Jonathan not pdp betrayed us
oga,you can never paint a lie to make it truth and vice versa..u ppl betrayed yourselves.. Gej brought in Adesina as agric minister and he became an oustanding minister..hes reputed to have blocked emirs and northern generals from cornering subsidised fertiliser which angered the north. But when gmb came in,he systematically eulogised him and recommeded him for promotion as chairman of ADB,just to get him outta the way and pave way for a mallam agric minister so fertiliser and other essentials will once again be "business as usual" for emirs and northern generals..did i mention grass importation?
Adesina is now adb chairman and audu,an abokki,is now the grass importing min of agric..

Well Gej is out now,una don revenge,but i hope you ppl are happy now..

4 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by masseratti: 11:45am On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:

Is oodua funded by the federal government? ...

I agree with you that the south must wake up and unite on politics at least. All these so called yoruba versus ibo fights reeks of juvenile myopia.

The truth is the elite on both side have used these rethorics to garner cheap political support for themselves instead of bringing real development to their regions. At the end of the day we the people are getting the short changed from one political cycle to another

A typical example is the 13% derivation. Lagos has started oil production and deserves to get a bigger share of her oil wealth. They will not get it because once upon a time, derivation fight was opposed by the abokkis using the south west political class as flag bearers for their crusade against SS.

Gas reserves in lagos will benefit some almajiri in borno more than a lagos school. But it is ok since we have been made to believe a big lie from the elites here in the south that our tribal differences supercedes our common interests

It is well sha
are you guys not tired of lyning? are you not ashamed of your self? is this the same lie you are going to tell your kids? Sw has being the most vocal about resource control in this country just as the are the most vocal on restructuring now.

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2016
Greediness of north and west in the Name of One Nigeria
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Justiceleague1: 11:51am On Oct 21, 2016
proeast:
Nigeria is a joke and whoever believes in it is a bastard!!! This is why the likes of Nnamdi Kanu, Avengers, Ipob etc will always be supported. We will see where these greedy a.bokis will get the money to dash the north, so kano's 44 lga's they have been using to defraud us is no longer enough I ONLY PITY THE NIGER DELTA WHOSE MONEY IS BEING USED TO DEVELOP OTHER PLACES WHILE THEY REMAIN IN ABJECT POVERTY!
the funds are coming from vat not oil money,read topic again,haba!
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Justiceleague1: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2016
flokii:

You've said it all..

GEJ betrayed the yorubas for SE but we kept quiet, didn't disturb or form insurgency to disturb his govt.

it's d North & SS/SE that cause uprising for themseles just to frustrate one another..

Honestly yorubas are just different, we deserve to stand alone and decide our own fate if you consider all these nonsense happening
shebi ua eye don de clear?
Its now u wanna stand alone,is the oodua/arewa copulating romance nolonger working? grin
see how you are now realising reality! grin
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by aumeehn: 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
ImperialYoruba:
The Plateau Elders have cried out that unless the Northern Elders do something to compensate them for the ravages and destruction they suffered in the hands of Fulani herdsmen the idea of a unified North does not appeal to them. That, added to recent revelation by Yakassai of Yoruba agenda to liberate Middle Belt through backdoor propaganda of restructuring, has brought the Plateau grievances to the forefront. Because FG has not acknowledged the fulani herdsmen rampage and pillaging as a national problem it would be hard, almost impossible, to create a reparations program under that banner, therefore a backdoor approach is used here to include Plateau in the VAT slush fund for areas decimated by bokoharam.

One wonders why Benue or Adamawa is not included. Simply because the approval of this slush fund is a pressure button. There is a wait and see attitude to assess response of the Southerners. What is the worse they can do?

If South does not respond with a counter measure to cause "buyer's remorse" in the Northerners, then it ends in a positive victory and a greater ambition to expand the reparation to include other NE states and Benue.

Guy Adamawa is a North Eastern state, Benue is a NC state. i dont really understand what you're trying to say. besides Adamawa is the 3rd most affected state in the NE after Borno and Yobe, Adamawa is amongst the States that will benefit from The 3% VAT. Ma go complete filling out my SA(special Assistance) form 15k every month loading! God bless BABA God Bless Gov.Bindo Jibirilla.

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2016
I would like the uninformed myopic south media that don't have idea of what kano is, 2 continue it propaganda on naming Kano and other northern states as Almajiri and backward Illiterate region.

We will then push for Kano Educational Intervention Fund in National Assembly.

Well in real sense, it's one of the only states to have two state own universities. In total there are Four Public Universities In Kano. So we will construct the number 5th with the Intervention Fund.

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by BerryBlaster: 12:12pm On Oct 21, 2016
ArodewilliamsT:
Your sit down in air conditions and propose 1million% for kano down to Niger republic if theylike but the most important thing is that SESS holds the yam and the knife. Avengers, NDGJM, JDNDF, etc will determine what nigeria gets or not. As long as they are angry, don't be too sure the money will flow regularly.

Do you even know what VAT means?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
masseratti:
are you guys not tired of lyning? are you not ashamed of your self? is this the same lie you are going to tell your kids? Sw has being the most vocal about resource control in this country just as the are the most vocal on restructuring now.

I am not yet to argue. Go and read up resource control push by SS. The north were staunchly against it and the south west elites were not in support of the SS. You cant change history and am not in the mood for bickering on easily verified issues

I do agree resource control clamour is coming from everyone down south including the South West.

2 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Blue3k(m): 12:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
NairalandHowTo:
I would like the uninformed myopic south media that don't have idea of what kano is, 2 continue it propaganda on naming Kano and other northern states as Almajiri and backward Illiterate region.

We will then push for Kano Educational Intervention Fund in National Assembly.

Well in real sense, it's one of the only states to have two state own universities. In total there are Four Public Universities In Kano. So we will construct the number 5th with the Intervention Fund.

Good luck with that tongue. Kano lags behind many souther states in scores, per capita students educated, and efficiency with funds. To compare to Anambra they spend 2.28 times more per student with lower results.

It's not media propaganda. The northern states do lag behind on averge.

Kano - Percentage of adult literacy in any language, Total 68.3 (%) in 2008
Kano - Percentage of youth literacy in any language, Total73.5 (%) in 2008

Rank 14- Bayero University Kano
Rank135- Kano University of Science & Technology Wudil
Rank 149- Northwest University Kano
Rank 198- Federal College of Education Kano

adconline:
On education : Anambra vs Kano
WAEC 2014: Out of 66k Kano students only 18K got 5 credits and above with a pass rate of 27% while Anambra that registered 52k students, 34k got 5 credits and above with a pass rate of 65%. Makes you wonder if Boko Haram is going away soon?
Education budget: Kano 2014=N20.8bn; Anambra=N7.172bn. Explaining the numbers for dunces again! For every N3 Kano spends on education, Anambra , spends N1 : Ratio: 3 to 1.
Percentage of educational outcome: Kano: 27%; Anambra=65%.. It means that Anambra state is 38% more efficient and productive in training younger ones for university education than Kano with 1/3 of Kano's budget.

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by obailala(m): 1:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:

An APC majority senate sponsored and passed a CPC agenda which will be likely accented by an APC president. Meanwhile the same APC majority senate threw out a bill to benefit the ACN arm of APC. If you do not see the connection there then there is nothing I can say to help you.

Except you are a card carrying memeber of apc
And you really think this happened because it is an APC majority?... You really do think this exact same scenario couldn't/wouldn't have played out 2 years ago under the PDP majority (even though it is just the same set of people that changed party colours)?...

If you really think there is a difference between APC and PDP in this particular regard, if you really think northern leaders because of 'party name' (apc or pdp) would abandon their primary (first priority) agenda which is to protect northern interests, then you must be very naive.

2 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
Blue3k:

Good luck with that tongue. Kano lags behind many souther states in scores, per capita students educated, and efficiency with funds. To compare to Anambra they spend 2.28 times more per student with lower results.

It's not media propaganda. The northern states do lag behind on averge.

Kano - Percentage of adult literacy in any language, Total 68.3 (%) in 2008
Kano - Percentage of youth literacy in any language, Total73.5 (%) in 2008

Rank 14- Bayero University Kano
Rank135- Kano University of Science & Technology Wudil
Rank 149- Northwest University Kano
Rank 198- Federal College of Education Kano

Don't have time to argue. An estimated figure of almost a decade by Southerners.

Continue to write what you wrote above on social platforms. Keep it up. Education fund will soon come grin grin grin BTW the education minister is from the north making it easy grin
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by masseratti: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:

I am not yet to argue. Go and read up resource control push by SS. The north were staunchly against it and the south west elites were not in support of the SS. You cant change history and am not in the mood for bickering on easily verified issues

I do agree resource control clamour is coming from everyone down south including the South West.
which report are you talking about? By who exactly, can you name your source? OBJ a man from sw raised resource control to 13%, In the last national confab SW Delegates proposed 45 to 51% resouce control, SE leaders were asking for Additional states so What are you talking about? Please don't turn history on its head.
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by ImperialYoruba: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2016
An excerpt fom the bill passage

One of the contentious clauses seeks the allocation of three percent value-added-tax accruable to the federal government to the northeast for 10 years.

Federal Government collects VAT on imported goods. Which tribe in Nigeria acclaims itself as importers and entrepreneurs?
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by MXrep: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
masseratti:
which report are you talking about? By who exactly, can you name your source? OBJ a man from sw raised resource control to 13%, In the last national confab SW Delegates proposed 45 to 51% resouce control, SE leaders were asking for Additional states so What are you talking about? Please don't turn history on its head.
Additional states was canvassed by all geopolitical zones, every zone came with a proposed state. SE brought other things to the table and not states alone, stop yarning opata

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by masseratti: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
MXrep:

Additional states was canvassed by all geopolitical zones, every zone came with a proposed state. SE brought other things to the table and not states alone, stop yarning opata
no b only opata na okputu, everyone prioritised what their main demand was, additional states was se main priority, sw and ss resouce control, the videos are still on YouTube,of course other regions won't just sit down and be looking while state creation is being discussed, go and check, which region kicked against resouce control, you will be surprised.
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Igboid: 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
There is nothing like Southerners. I know of Yoruba, Igbo, Ibibio, Ijaws, etc.

They should approve more fund to build up the NE, it's well deserved.
Lagos had funds made for Eastern region reconstruction pumped into her, like wise Abuja. That's SW and NC. It's NE turn now.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by Igboid: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
masseratti:
no b only opata na okputu, everyone prioritised what their main demand was, additional states was se main priority, sw and ss resouce control, the videos are still on YouTube,of course other regions won't just sit down and be looking while state creation is being discussed, go and check, which region kicked against resouce control, you will be surprised.

Which region kicked against resource control. Remember this is ICT age.

I await your answers.

1 Like

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by zanebaddo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
Suprnov3r:
I am also glad that this bill was passed. It is an eye opener to successive governments on how best to guarantee extra revenue to your region while sitting as president. Kudos to our abokii friends. They have demonstrated mastery of the Nigerian political landscape and I will gladly say, they are the jagabans of these era. For those self acclaimed jagabans who will be working their asses off to generate VAT and taxes for the northern development commission to share, your right title should be Afonja .

Considering that most of the VAT will be coming from Lagos based coys... I think it is right to say Lagos is a conquered territory, and has started paying tribute tax to their captors. Abokii wants a slice of the Lagos IGR to fund development up north.

If Lagos is not given the 1% they asked for, then please my NL e warriors from that region instead of focusing on IPOB and NDA issue, be useful to your generations and create threads on that. In fact, they should borrow a leaf from Mr. bourdillon, his media outlets have started their work...

The South south created militancy and have used it to get NDDC, amnesty and even presidency . The abokii have created boko haram and they are about to start enjoying the fruits of their labour. My SE people have started massob and ipob. One day, their turn will come. My people from SW, It is only you that waka come with no wahala to use make noise because me..I am not understanding . .

For those who supported the northern trojan horse called "APC" , while your region has not benefited from the APC LOOT, congrats, you typify the phrase "useful idiots" . Don't worry, you have a few ministers appointed to head numerous portfolios as your reward. Am sure those ministers wake up every morning with your progress in his mind

hahahaha guy take am easy o.. I never laugh since two days now because of hunger and hardship you just made my day lol.. Yes they wake up with their progress in mind lol

2 Likes

Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by jstbeinhonest(m): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
QuotaSystem:
If you insist on your assertion, compare the IGR of Kano with Ekiti or any other SW state (apart from Lagos)

Oyo and Ogun states have a far bigger IGR, GDP and GDP per capita than Kano State. Dont deceive yourself.
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by masseratti: 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:

Which region kicked against resource control. Remember this is ICT age.

I await your answers.
the ones that will fare worse if resouces are controlled by the states, the ones with least amount of natural resources to control, go figure.
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by zanebaddo(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
Igboid:
There is nothing like Southerners. I know of Yoruba, Igbo, Ibibio, Ijaws, etc.

They should approve more fund to build up the NE, it's well deserved.
Lagos had funds made for Eastern region reconstruction pumped into her, like wise Abuja. That's SW and NC. It's NE turn now.

God bless Nigeria.
lagos had fund made for eastern region. . Chai abokii when has lagos been part of eastern region chai tribal bigotry the problem of nigeria since time immemorial
Re: How South Has Succeed In Making Kano Economically Special For The Next 10 Years by QuotaSystem: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Oyo and Ogun states have a far bigger IGR, GDP and GDP per capita than Kano State. Dont deceive yourself.

...and Ondo, Osun and Ekiti States have a lower IGR than Kano State which further rubbishes the other posters assertion that Kano state's resourcefulness to be self sufficient is zero and thus the North should be ashamed at its political dexterity which resulted in Kwankwaso's masterstroke.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Food Blockage To SW: Reno Has This To Say Pics / Hameed Ali: NNPC Can’t Justify ₦6.34 Trillion Petrol Petrol Subsidy / ACN Candidate Akeredolu Casting His Ballot (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.