Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? (25920 Views)

Fornication Is Not Just Sleeping With Someone You Are Not Married To... / Why Do Legally Married Women Who Have Sex Not Considered Worthy By God? / Having Two Wives But Now A Born Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
gotnel:

Error, it's not advisable to send any of the wife away from the house. Since the husband was married to them before been born again, he should continue to be a good husband of his wives.
Salvation is certain once you are sure of your service to God almighty and to humanity.

Not error, my opinion!
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
awelekiti:
the man never said he didn't enjoy peace living with both wives and kids. He's only seeking opinions of NL if he should discard one, now that he's a believer.

Ok, as a believer he should follow the doctrines of his faith! his case can't be the first.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2016
many people have to go and read about the founder of Redeem Christian Church of God to know the prescribe answer to this question
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by fromnigeria(m): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:
I know this is not allowed in Christianity, and it has always been a cause of worry to me, any hopes of making heaven? both having kids for me already, fellow nairalanders and Christians...help a wondering heart.

help move this to Front page please
let the second GO (away from the house), and if you already have child(ren) foot their bills to the best of your ability.

GOD bless you as you seek GOD the more.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Student125(m): 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

Accepting to be a second wife is a gamble,in this circumstance, this gamble didn't play well for me, I will go.

look at it ds way, u met a pilot who happened to be a Nigerian and even reside in ur area, everybody in d neighborhood knws he single nd he asked u out, u accepted.. after having 2 kids for him, he now called u that hs pastor asked him to divorce hs secnd wife if he wants to mke a heaven, I knw u will be surprised at ds point cuz u knw u re nt only one but to ur surprise he says he already had a wife in another continent bfre meeting u at all probably during hs sch days. as a lady, hw wil u feel, will it b easy for u to remarry or will u ever trust any man dat comes ur way

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by burteeone(m): 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
having one wife don't guarantee you heaven either. Serve God and do good. Moreover, see ye Holy Ghost. find the spirit of God and He will lead you. Bible says'' before our mother conceived us, he already known us. God is good.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Sharksblow(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Keep both, sending one away can't erase the fact that you are already into polygamy. As for heaven and the bible..... Are u planning to become a pastor or a leader in the church? If no, don't worry, you will make heaven if you do good in life and in the treatment of your fellow beings, as you can be married to ONLY one and still go to HELL. If yes, this is not the right place to seek advice, go to the CHURCH leaders for advice as different churches have different opinions about this. I've seen a church where the calendar puts the pictures of the pastor and his wives. And I've seen churches that will totally condemn two or more wives.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 1:01pm On Oct 23, 2016
classicB:
Just do right between them. There are men in the Bible that had more than two wives. Just be a good husband and a father, sending one packing in the name of restitution will only cause hate and the kids? Do you really want them to grow up without a father figure just because their daddy have chosen the other wife over their mother
do you read ur bible. I pray I don't have such friends like you, that wouldn't tell me the truth, and comfort me with lies. @ op if u want to make heaven you have to denounce the second wife, just like abraham did. And God approved
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by calliope(f): 1:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

Accepting to marry as a second wife to me is like a gamble, anything can happen, now something has happened, if he has to choose it should be the first.

that's my opinion, what's yours? that's if he is to choose?

He just have to accept what is done is done.. Be a father to his children and love both wives.. Aleast God would understand smiley
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by freshcvvs: 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
fxbomovi:
@evansjeff, you have to divorce ur 2nd wife, but settle her and her children very well. Maintain ur fatherly role to her children. Thats what u need to do.

According to?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by saintneo(m): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

Accepting to be a second wife is a gamble,in this circumstance, this gamble didn't play well for me, I will go.

Wow!
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by BodmaxGift: 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
U just need to. Bring the two wives to the gospel of GOD, let them know the way, truth that u know.... then be prayerful abt it, GOD himself we tell the second wife wic is not urs to go......thanks
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2016
calliope:

He just have to accept what is done is done.. Be a father to his children and love both wives.. Aleast God would understand smiley

You and I don't understand God's ways smiley
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by twosquare(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:
I know this is not allowed in Christianity, and it has always been a cause of worry to me, any hopes of making heaven? both having kids for me already, fellow nairalanders and Christians...help a wondering heart.

Now that you have known the Lord, I will implore you to teach your family the ways of the Lord. As someone who is with the Knowledge of God, DO NOT divorce any of the two. Treat them accordingly as Christ love the Church, and raise your kids in the fear the Lord. That's all. The only thing is that you will not be allowed to take a position in the Church (according to [url]1 Timothy 3:2[/url]https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+3%3A2&version=KJV). If you studied that place, it meant we have Christians then in those churches who had more than one wife before they met the Lord. So, Paul specified those who are qualified for a Bishop's/Overseer's post.

Are you to Divorce your Wife?

Since you married both and they have kids for you before you met the Lord, it is not RIGHTEOUS according to the standards of Righteousness to divorce either because it will create problems for your family, the society and the world at large. You as the husband serve as a covering for that family, especially those kids. If you send them away, Satan will take advantage of that. Better having two wives with a family that fears the Lord and keep His statutes than a Family with one wife but are godless and hates God.

Any hope of making heaven?
YES. We have men who before advent of the Law had two wives and more but are regarded as friends of God, prophets and God's champions.Yet they are still righteous. What will keep you away from heaven is not you having two wives or not, it is not having a garment of RIGHTEOUSNESS. And we both know in the Kingdom of God, the law is not made for the RIGHTEOUS MAN.

So, let your mind be at peace, do not let satan take advantage of you and destroy your family. If you raise them all well and righteous, God will be so proud.

2 Likes

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
add one more. hehehehe
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2016
Student125:

look at it ds way, u met a pilot who happened to be a Nigerian and even reside in ur area, everybody in d neighborhood knws he single nd he asked u out, u accepted.. after having 2 kids for him, he now called u that hs pastor asked him to divorce hs secnd wife if he wants to mke a heaven, I knw u will be surprised at ds point cuz u knw u re nt only one but to ur surprise he says he already had a wife in another continent bfre meeting u at all probably during hs sch days. as a lady, hw wil u feel, will it b easy for u to remarry or will u ever trust any man dat comes ur way

I'm all about happiness o! forcing to stay with him won't bring true happiness to both of us,, abeg I'm leaving.

How will I feel? Distraught and disappointed at first but after thinking it through I'd leave.

Easy for me to remarry? so long as I wish to remarry and the traits that make me marriageable are still there, I'd remarry.

Trust? Except I don't wish to marry again, of cos I'd have to trust another man again,, no choice!

life's hard enough already, all this drama adds more to it don't you think?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by whys: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
Prophet Samuel's mother was no what wife?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by warmachine(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:

Bro since u have started a family already.... Move on...follow Christ forget the wives God is not interested in the number in that case but ur hunger for Him.....and i must say congratulations to you for becoming a partaker in Christ...don't let the devil Robb you of your joy by the "unholy" guilt of having two wives...sir and remember God doesnt want broken homes...love us wives love ur kids and love God more!
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Chudichu(m): 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

He wants to make a choice right? someone has to go and I chose the first, if not the second wife then it would be the first wife, right?
if u were a child of the first wife, what would you say of your father?
He doesn't want to make a choice, he asked for the best action to take, now he is a Christian. Even if he wants to make a choice, I personally would advice against it. My opinion tho smiley
Eyekandi:

He wants to make a choice right? someone has to go and I chose the first, if not the second wife then it would be the first wife, right?
if u were a child of the first wife, what would you say of your father?
He doesn't want to make a choice, he asked for the best action to take, now he is a Christian. Even if he wants to make a choice, I personally would advice against it. My opinion tho
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by rubyradiance(f): 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
There's nothing like legally married to two women by law,d 1st marriage was the legal marriage while the 2nd one is bigamy PERIODPERIOD in Christianity, I advise you go to your pastor declare ur feelings and I bet they will take actions for you to fully settle the 2nd wife so that she can leave a good life and be free to remarry and if she refuses,you have to pacifer her and get her her own apartment without having further sexaul relationship with her(hoping she will accept her fate and move on without u) while ur 1st wife must take her kids in without segregation, its not really an easy thing to achieve that's why they Say its easy to destroy but hard to repair
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by tempex88(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
profolaolu:
it is better U keep ur mouth shut if U dont have understanding n stop misleading pple.

U that understand, where is ur comment. I don't know why it is difficult for some people like you to be to be civilized. I aired my opinion, air urs or is something keeping ur mouth shut?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
Chudichu:

He doesn't want to make a choice, he asked for the best action to take, now he is a Christian. Even if he wants to make a choice, I personally would advice against it. My opinion tho smiley
He doesn't want to make a choice, he asked for the best action to take, now he is a Christian. Even if he wants to make a choice, I personally would advice against it. My opinion tho

It seems I don't understand, now he is a Christian, its to follow the Christian doctrine on it now, abi
Chudichu:

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by miss20(f): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
k10:
I believe 1 Corinthians 7:12 - 17 applies here

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her.

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.
Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches.
. This is refering to a man that married an unbelieving wife and NOT a polygamous marraige.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Student125(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:

I'm all about happiness o! forcing to stay with him won't bring true happiness to both of us,, abeg I'm leaving.

How will I feel? Distraught and disappointed at first but after thinking it through I'd leave.

Easy for me to remarry? so long as I wish to remarry and the traits that make me marriageable are still there, I'd remarry.

Trust? Except I don't wish to marry again, of cos I'd have to trust another man again,, no choice!

life's hard enough already, all this drama adds more to it don't you think?

I ddnt feel a bit of love in ur response, u sound as if d marriage is a like a burden that was released from u.... if truely u love ur husband and ur family u will knw it s nt that easy... and maybe u re used to pain bfre,dats y u could handle d situation but mind u, nt everybdy hav dsame mind. Do u knw that alone can cause a lot, infact a desperate wife will conclude to assassinate the husband cuz she will feel it s either d man belongs to her or nobody rather than leave her for another person. if u wana understand better, relate it with bf/ gf relatnship stuff dat one partner commit suicide cuz he/she feels cheated.

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Tallest83(m): 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
HARDDON:
What a dicey one!

If we send the younger one with her kids away like Abraham did( tru restitution), we might hv another form of ISIS n the likes. Even if we rent another apartment for them, care for them, how do we divorce her?
If we cant divorce her, how do we keep caring for all her needs (both emotionally n sexually?). We cant n unfortunately, another cant. What a limbo.

If we decide to maintain statues quo n just live like one big happy family, heaven might elude us.

Solution:

Explain to the younger one why u need to do this: dissolve the spiritually illegal marriage but make sure they lack nothing. Rent a nice apartment for them. That way, u wudnt owe her any sexual responsibility nor wud u bind her down from meeting n marrying another.
Even after that, care for ur kids
Sho'ro niyen? Your starting was so good but your finishing shows you smoke alot of weed!

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Topgainer: 1:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
wiseoneking:
No man in the new testament christian era with two wives.

You don't have the complete lists of all the men in the new testament and their marriage register. Do you?

Why would Paul caution those who desire to be Bishop or Pastors to marry only one wife if there were no Christians with more than one wife at the time? Whether the Christians had the wives before they became Christian or after was not referenced. Again, he never extended his caution to those who desired to become Bishops to send away the second wife and kids they had before they became Christians. Moreover, the reason why Paul advocated for one wife for a Bishop or celibate(Single) Missionary like some of them were is obvious if you studied new testament. It has nothing to do with making Heaven

So, where in the world do 'Holier than thou' get the kind of Restitution of sending away second wife and kids?
Holier than thou Assemblies are terrible and dangerous to themselves and the body of Christ

1 Like

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by sekundosekundo: 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
classicB:
Just do right between them. There are men in the Bible that had more than two wives. Just be a good husband and a father, sending one packing in the name of restitution will only cause hate and the kids? Do you really want them to grow up without a father figure just because their daddy have chosen the other wife over their mother

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by sekundosekundo: 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
JackBizzle:
There is nothing that can be done.

You just have to take care of your wives and provide for your children.

Divorcing anyone at this stage will only cause you more problems.

There is always hope- at least you can advice your children or siblings on the issues with polygamy

Teacher, don't teach me nonsense

Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2016
Student125:

I ddnt feel a bit of love in ur response, u sound as if d marriage is a like a burden that was released from u.... if truely u love ur husband and ur family u will knw it s nt that easy... and maybe u re used to pain bfre,dats y u could handle d situation but mind u, nt everybdy hav dsame mind. Do u knw that alone can cause a lot, infact a desperate wife will conclude to assassinate the husband cuz she will feel it s either d man belongs to her or nobody rather than leave her for another person. if u wana understand better, relate it with bf/ gf relatnship stuff dat one partner commit suicide cuz he/she feels cheated.

Assassinate bawo? so isn't it better you let him go since you don't love him than kill him because u love him so much?

the gf/bf relationship, so if ur gf says she isn't interested anymore, because u love her so much and want her happiness, u let her go! abi you'd assassinate her?

We love differently young man, leaving that marriage is a sign of love.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by moshino(m): 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2016
evansjeff:

How many wives and concubines did King David had, and King Solomon as well, do you think they made heaven?
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by sekundosekundo: 1:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
tempex88:
Based on doctrines preached by churches today, they will advice u to divorce the other wives and stick to the first one. However, based on my own understanding and interpretation, number of wife's married shouldn't stop u from entering God's kingdom. However, it will limit the role u can play in the church as u can not lead

Anything that disqualifies you from leading in the church can as well disqualify you from entering Heaven.
Re: Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? by miss20(f): 2:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
Op your are a christian now.christ Should be your perfect example. Instead of bringing the topic here where muslims, athiest, babalawo, Buddhist etc will give you unbiblical advice, just pray about it and read Gods word WITH AN OPEN MIND and watch the holy spirit teach you what to do.

Remain blessed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Falling Down Under Anointing? / "Woman Vomits Lizard" During Bishop Sam Zuga Water Ministration In Minna / Ijaw Traditional Worshippers Hold End Of Year Thanksgiving In The River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.