Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809712 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2017
Davitron1107:
Hey guys don't you all think it would be a good idea to call any of the HR Reps or contacts and make enquiries, am sure they will be willin to clarify issues on the date for TS for us. After all their numbers were sent to us.

Sense fall on you... Oya help us call them grin grin erm help us ask.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by AlexCk: 8:24am On Sep 22, 2017
Choi,

See as everyone dey gist about TS & all, while some of us never even go AC, or even sure of doing it anytime soon. Tor.

Life unfair shaa, cry.

To the 'TS waitees', all the best o.
To the 'AC hopees', na to dey hope, dey look for others or continue where u dey.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 8:46am On Sep 22, 2017
Well, good morning everyone...

I just finished speaking with one of the contact persons given to us at FBN. The TS starting on Monday is strictly for SE only. The GT shall be coming after theirs is done next month. So for now, keep doing what you're doing.

So till next month guys...

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Davitron1107: 9:42am On Sep 22, 2017
BigDealz:

I just finished speaking with one of the contact persons given to us at FBN. The TS starting on Monday is strictly for SE only. The GT shall be coming after theirs is done next month. So for now, keep doing what you're doing.

Thanks for the info man!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2017
BigDealz:

Thanks for the information. Mixed feelings for me, I really am tired of just waiting, quit my job about three weeks ago...yet I'm glad it gives me enough time to round up with my program.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chinco19(f): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2017
BigDealz:

Hehehe... Guess tour heart stopped beating for a while... Anyway, since we have contact persons at the HR, I don't think it's bad to place a call through to them to confirm what's up... Though I shall be most glad if the TS starts after the SE guys are done... But just to stop being too anxious and refreshing mails like 100 times per minute...

Oh yes, it did. lol
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 10:57am On Sep 22, 2017
chinco19:

Oh yes, it did. lol
your name sha grin

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chinco19(f): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
juddexy2:
your name sha grin

Was a nickname while in school..lol
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by FAMILY247(m): 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
Please was notification of results accepted in place of certificate.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by shola87(f): 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
mrdankonxept:

SE do make we enter jare

undecided
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mrdankonxept: 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
While we wait guys,here's yet another fresh one

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bopm: 5:00am On Sep 23, 2017
Izygab:
Just got this,
So for those who have swallowed their chill pill � , go and get another one and wait prayerfully for the message

Bro help me with the test format, I hv a test next week for mgt associate role.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bopm: 5:00am On Sep 23, 2017
Izygab:
Just got this,
So for those who have swallowed their chill pill � , go and get another one and wait prayerfully for the message

Bro help me with the test format, I hv a test next week for mgt associate role.

Thanks and God bless
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by alex20009: 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bamibor:

Thanks for the information. Mixed feelings for me, I really am tired of just waiting, quit my job about three weeks ago...yet I'm glad it gives me enough time to round up with my program.

Please any idea on the duration for SE training school
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Eladua(m): 12:00am On Sep 24, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Good point you raised but I'm not idle though. I was contemplating quitting and when the mails came in,I decided to leave for something that won't hold me back when I'm ready to go.I don't believe training school will start in Jan 2018;it doesn't seem like this potential TS set who have had medicals and documentation would be the only one,hopefully.It would be exactly a year in December that this whole exercise started.

Bro, it won't happen to you o but I think in case of next time, pls don't make that mistake you just did again except if your previous place was really bad and you were set to go. Talking from experience, these employers can be funny at times. I know someone that was working for Bank A and he has always wanted bank B and has gone through all the process, did medical and as we all know TS should be automatic for anyone that has done medical, he resigned at bank A two weeks to his assumed TS resumption date, he said he thought he could use that time to prepare for his ICAN exams, when the two weeks came, they selected people for TS and told him he has to wait till the next batch which happens to be the next year, surprisingly for him they didn't call him again and after several mails, from an insider he got to know that the MD reduced age of people to go to TS and he is no longer a fit for the position after wasting a whole year for the process, is this fair? Obviously NO, reason I said employers can be funny a times. He lost in both ways and was so frustrated that he wanted to lipsrsealed. Worst your previous employer can say is u pay one month salary and u can agree for them to convert it to a loan for you, they can't tie you down. Just my 1 kobo.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ayo26(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2017
To those contemplating on when and how to resign. It is important to go back to your offer letter(contract of employment), read through the clauses to see the expectations and days in lieu of notice you've to give your employer.
If you are yet to take your annual leave, it could be used as part of the notice period and if you have and you don't intend to keep working within the expected notice period, it can be prorated from your remuneration.There are different ways one can dance around terminating a contract, seek a professional HR's advice.
As long as you intend keeping that organization in your CV for reference, it is important you part way in the most reasonable manner.

Happy Sunday!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 10:31am On Sep 24, 2017
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by eipreel(f): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2017
Eladua:

Bro, it won't happen to you o but I think in case of next time, pls don't make that mistake you just did again except if your previous place was really bad and you were set to go. Talking from experience, these employers can be funny at times. I know someone that was working for Bank A and he has always wanted bank B and has gone through all the process, did medical and as we all know TS should be automatic for anyone that has done medical, he resigned at bank A two weeks to his assumed TS resumption date, he said he thought he could use that time to prepare for his ICAN exams, when the two weeks came, they selected people for TS and told him he has to wait till the next batch which happens to be the next year, surprisingly for him they didn't call him again and after several mails, from an insider he got to know that the MD reduced age of people to go to TS and he is no longer a fit for the position after wasting a whole year for the process, is this fair? Obviously NO, reason I said employers can be funny a times. He lost in both ways and was so frustrated that he wanted to lipsrsealed. Worst your previous employer can say is u pay one month salary and u can agree for them to convert it to a loan for you, they can't tie you down. Just my 1 kobo.
He said he left for something that wouldn't hold him back when it's time for TS which means he isn't idle. My thoughts tho
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mrdankonxept: 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Am of an opinion TS won't last beyond December this year ,considering christmas/newyear..
so if that be ,it means the session should commence not latter than first week in October,

Except ,if it truly 4months ,then they'd either celebrate the season in TS or have a brief break to return after(which I don't see happening)

Or we simple project Jan for the TS to hold.

Cos even if it starts 1st week of Oct,one still not sure of 4months before xmas. But you may assume 12weeks could be reasonable enough...

Happy Sunday guys, njoy
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Eladua:

Thank you for your concern but I'll never leave a job for nothing except I wanted to quit before like I said earlier. It was wisdom at loss for that banker to quit his job on assumption without a fact as to his training or resumption.Happy Sunday to you as well.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mrdankonxept: 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
juddexy2:
Guys what's your take on this

https://www.nairaland.com/4042137/first-bank-whtycleon-sacking-staff

My dear ,
That's their way of creating space to accommodate the GT,SE guy -FBN2016.

This may be one of the contributors to the delay even, dey have to get some off d payroll before rolling in newbies, all banks watch labour cost.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by FixNaija(m): 4:54am On Sep 25, 2017
Good morning guys and congrats to all of you who have made it this far. I also sat for the exams at Enugu State but wasn't successful. I believe my weakness was in the area of financial accounting where I didn't have any idea on those questions. However, I applied for the Management Associate Programme and has been sent an invite. Would it be wise if I go given the fact that my first and second degrees are in Sciences?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 5:00am On Sep 25, 2017
FixNaija:
Good morning guys and congrats to all of you who have made it this far. I also sat for the exams at Enugu State but wasn't successful. I believe my weakness was in the area of financial accounting where I didn't have any idea on those questions. However, I applied for the Management Associate Programme and has been sent an invite. Would it be wise if I go given the fact that my first and second degrees are in Sciences?
Do you have an MSc or relevant professional qualification?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 6:08am On Sep 25, 2017
FixNaija:

This is where being unsuccessful starts from...excuses! the GTP test had 20 verbal questions,20 simple logic,16 numerical reasoning and 16 current affairs except of course you wrote a different test. The current affairs had just very few banking related questions so I wonder where exactly you saw financial accounting questions. Just say you weren't prepared and prepare harder for this one with determination to make it this time and you are good.

Ps: almost all my group members at the ac were science graduates and they passed the same test plus your forthcoming test is going to be administered by HCP and not dragnet and the test I did at the AC was not accounting related and it wasn't "moinmoin" either so just go and prepare!!! Wish you the very best too wink
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Saverin: 6:22am On Sep 25, 2017
Onlywoman92:

This is where being unsuccessful starts from...excuses! the GTP test had 20 verbal questions,20 simple logic,16 numerical reasoning and 16 current affairs except of course you wrote a different test. The current affairs had just very few banking related questions so I wonder where exactly you saw financial accounting questions. Just say you weren't prepared and prepare harder for this one with determination to make it this time and you are good.

Ps: almost all my group members at the ac were science graduates and they passed the same test plus your forthcoming test is going to be administered by HCP and not dragnet and the test I did at the AC was not accounting related and it wasn't "moinmoin" either so just go and prepare!!! wink

I am yet to get invite for AC, am I safe?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 6:28am On Sep 25, 2017
Saverin:

I am yet to get invite for AC, am I safe?

HCP said so long as you got the initial success mails, you'll be given a fair chance to be assessed so don't fret
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by bopm: 6:47am On Sep 25, 2017
Onlywoman92:

Ps: almost all my group members at the ac were science graduates and they passed the same test plus your forthcoming test is going to be administered by HCP and not dragnet and the test I did at the AC was not accounting related and it wasn't "moinmoin" either so just go and prepare!!! Wish you the very best too wink

bro wats is the nature of the verbal is it true, false n cannot say statement or comprehension passage with two options as answers.
as per numerical is that it table, graph questions or usual ratio, proportion and percentage questions.

I need ur help as I hv test with hcp this week.

thanks and God bless u
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 8:02am On Sep 25, 2017
bopm:

bro wats is the nature of the verbal is it true, false n cannot say statement or comprehension passage with two options as answers.
as per numerical is that it table, graph questions or usual ratio, proportion and percentage questions.

I need ur help as I hv test with hcp this week.

thanks and God bless u

The HCP test I wrote at the ac had no verbal but the numerical were more of graphs and charts and proportion questions. There were also logical reasoning questions.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2017
Onlywoman92:

You couldn't have said it better.The test at the AC was no 'moimoi' at all.Making it thus far for me was by God's grace.I also believe that the current affairs in the first stage helped me scale through that first hurdle.He should just leave excuses aside and try to possibly prepare best in his own way and add God to it.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2017
Please can anyone confirm that the training for the SEs has indeed commenced today...?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Saverin: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2017
Onlywoman92:

HCP said so long as you got the initial success mails, you'll be given a fair chance to be assessed so don't fret

lol.

I have kept my cool for 2months now. grin

My body dey hot
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 11:58am On Sep 25, 2017
Saverin:

lol.

I have kept my cool for 2months now. grin

My body dey hot

Pour cold water for body grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.