Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,231 members, 7,811,643 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT (7202 Views)

Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by dafman10(m): 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2009
No wonder for the last two days i didnt see Gbenga at all! instead na the other fellow. Yaradull wentin dey worry you sef?
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by invention: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
what is fuss all about, for God`s sake this is democracy.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by bisiaet: 1:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
Where is democracy and freedom of speech and expression? Gone dead!! but in other way  Chief Raymond Dokpesi should be careful because he knows his country well enough please protect your business before they turn you to Russia Yukos Oil chief who ends up in jail for framed up tax invasion just because he wanted to contest for election. Raymond I respect you so much and you are like an icon to me but please you have gone a long way remember nothing like freedom of whatever in African soil or Nigeria for now I dont know may be future only God knows, please be very careful orelse it will be too late. Just try to to tell your staffs to stay a bit away from any controversial talk or show pls and pls you know naija power madness politicians what they can do they are the one who will say to you dont mind Yar'dua and they will be the one telling same Yar'dua to melt you out completely just beware.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Feraz(m): 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
AIT again? D same station dat was kinda banned? V said it, ever since AIT showed obj's wife's death (which i think they were d 1st), sosoliso aircrash etc, d govt. has been watching them with keen interest.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Rosabelle(f): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2009
Boboribo:

If the President can tackle AIT with such bravado and gusto and get results, why not apply same tactics to solve the power problem, roads and the other ills that beset this countr
I tire oh. So he is alive at all?
I dont understand anymore oh. These people called government. Hm!
And I thought we had turned "democratic". Even if AIT was in fact spreading malicious stories, you cant call the owner of the TV station to Aso Rock. Doesnt that man have work? He should file a law suite. So all that his education nko?
Im tired oh.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by 55gal(m): 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2009
The presidency should stop this nonsense threat on media.
We practices democracy in Nigeria and in democracy there is freedom
of EXPRESSION.
This YARO boy is sick in every aspect and this is manifesting in all facet in this GREAT NATION.
Go to hell with your threat!Trash.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Philcool(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2009
It has been very clear that a lot of peop;e forsaw the political practice of the Nigerian government in power not seeming to change for th e better but, wnyone in power had decided to camouflage with the best option called Democracy. This type of democratic system is been recognised according to the Fela's definition.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
In as much as there is fredom of speech & opinion,i will rather say that abuse of such expression is to be curbed.,govt has absolute power over everything but when such power is threatened,then,it is not power at all.,no matter what,yaradua for now is the president so he's in charge, Some information although can be very good when disseminated to the public,but interpretation of such information differs in all individuals.Example,the rwandan genocide started as a result of incitement of the populace by a radio presenter who was later sent to jail.,i am not saying shutting down ait is ok but if it will keep the country safe.,i guessed it will be a better idea afteral the united state does regulate the media despite being the most democratic country
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by mrperfect(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
If the guy default any media law I think there must be away to treat such.
For Mr present to ask his removal or revoking of the medium license is un democratic and should be discouraged.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by zuuby(m): 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2009
Sadly, the military is still in power in this country.
All talk of ''rule of law'' is just a white wash to distract the populace.
Wonder if Obama could close down ''fox news'' cos of it's criticism of his administration.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Afam(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2009
foyeks2001:

lets us hear word, am very sure that its either u are a P.A to our dear madam rebrand or u are her S.A or better still u are working with our yarasick and Jonathan

Sorry, I don't work for either of them. I am not just as lazy as you when it comes to thinking. Just needed to clarify that lest you think my avoiding the stupid remark (which every single Nigerian makes anytime he/she cannot defend a position) you made.

chidichris:

@afam,
in which aspect of your yar adua, pdp/obj madness do u find lacking?
the first and major crime of ait was the airing of live concert of the then third term and that has been their undoing hence the need to make sure the station suffers even if it takes 100 years to archieve that.
the truth of the matter is that those in power have failed and no station can use computer to change the status of our roads to suit those in power.
a bad road must be aired as a bad road.
make the road look nice for the people to see with the eyes and let us see when ait will go to niger republic and get a road their to decieve and excite us.
yar adua is veryu sick and ait has no choice than to show a sick man.
bode george is a criminal and we know that with or without ait. obj selects practically people for every political position in nigeria and that is what ait shows.
if you have your ways, afam, nta and other bought over stations will be your tv stations of our time.
ait is trying and i expect more from them.
we are looking forward to blackouts at the various playing centers during the u17 games in nigeria and as soon as that is done, ait is expected to show that.
ina democratic setting my dear, their opositions and they are legal as they are called watchdogs, they are paid in advanced countries for bringing the govt to order.
your stupid and uninformed obj is an anti oposition.
nigerians adverts on cnn during obj's regime was cut off because of their documentary on niger delta so such rubbish is not new here.

I talk am before, you cannot complete a post without referencing OBJ.

A clown like you that prefers and campaigns for the likes of IBB and Orji Uzo Kalu should hide his head in shame.

You think (like Gbenga who by the way I respect and like his program but for some unsubstantiated and sometimes wrong or false statements about what is going on) that once you say that OBJ or the government is mad you become the darling of the masses. Sorry, such nonsense stopped working a long time ago.

I challenge those of you talking about freedom of speech to go close to Obama and call him a bastard or an idiot. I don't even need to ask you to do same to our Nigerian politicians.

You encourage and support someone who is over stepping his bounds by making unsubstantiated remarks and inciting remarks about the government and if God forbid something negative happens to him you will still type rubbish on the internet about him.

Gbenga is a good guy who over does it especially when he is carried away with the praises sycophants send his way. I watch his program anything it is on and my TV is on even though I express shock at some of his comments and wonder why he is not being called to order.

We like pushing people all in the name of supporting them but will dodge or run away if asked to even do 5% of what these guys are doing for us.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by emans(m): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
this country is a shit,focus nigeria is the only programe tht makes me on my television,cos its blindly truth,undiluted and its interactives, why is mr president fooling himself, where is our rights as a citizen, ohhhhhhhh,
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by popsonbabs(m): 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pls, some one need to tell Mr President the definition of democracy. NIGERIA is not yet mature democratically. Am highly disappointed Yar'adua of all people, if he is performing while complaining. If i have oppurtunity, i will do more than Aruleba Gbenga.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by gosham(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2009
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AS LED BY MALLAM MU SA IS INSINCERE, DISHONESTY, UNTRUTH WORTHY, MANIPULATIVE AND GENERALLY CONFUSED.
simply because the government is uncomfortable with the constant exposition given to it policies, bearing in mind too, that official of the government are usually invited to defend this policies.

WELL, MR PRESIDENT GO AHEAD AND CANCEL THE OPERATING LICENCE OF ANY PRIVATE STATION, AND REVEAL YOUR TRUE IDENTITY OF WICKED INTENTIONS.
OR BETTER STILL CLOSE DOWN ALL PRIVATE STATIONS SO THAT WE THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA WOULD BE FEED GOVERNMENT PROPAGANDA FROM NTA.

INDEED, WE GOOD PEOPLE, BAD PRESIDENTS
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by cvibe: 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2009
Wish all the threat was rather issued to PHCN.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by vicade(m): 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
I guess the only way out now is onlinebjust like nairaland. Abi can useless yaradua shut down nairaland too ?
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Mustay(m): 2:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
Sources said. Sources said. Sources said and everyone is already commenting.

I like not to comment on this sort of issue cos it's not a confirmed source. Reporters have capitalised on Arulegba's absence and Dokpesi's visit to make a story. Let event speak for themselves, not rumour.
We tire for sources o! Moreover, Arulegba was arrested during OBJ'S tenure. The programme isn't the only one, there's one Dafe does too which is more insightful in terms of graphic details.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by sayso: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2009
so this is where Nigeria is going to,7 Point Agenda.Mr President go and read Psalm1,God will laugh at you one day.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by amedino(m): 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2009
THIS IS BULLSHIT, WHY WILL YAR'ADUA WANT TO SHUTDOWN AIT, IS HE INSANE? YARADUA SHOULD PAY A VISIT TO OBAMA OR BROWN AND ASK THEM ABOUT THEIR COUNTRY  MEDIA. CHECKOUT CNN, THEY ALWAYS BRING NEWS WITH FACTS,  THINGS ARE NOT HIDDEN. THERE IS FREEDOM OF PRESS IN NIGERIA, AND HE CAN'T GO AGAINST THE DEMOCRATIC CONSTITUTION. THAT MAN DESERVED 80 STROKES OF LASHES ON HIS SICK BUTTS!!
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by yeswecan(m): 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2009
This is unacceptable. How can we rebrand Nigeria with this kind of action from Mr. President himself. He wants everyone to adhere to his government, which has never happened in history. No matter how good any government appears to be there is always an opposition and critics must arise. This isn’t democracy, it has dictatorship connotations.

Glen Bleck called Obama a racist, what about Bill O reilly. Alex Jones who called him the front man of the new world order, openly called him an Illuminati and claimed he is part of the Bilderberg group. So what a f u c k is our president talking about someone criticizing his government.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by crext: 3:01pm On Oct 27, 2009
Sooner Yarasick will invite Seun to FCT about incessant comment of users on nairaland, LOL

Someone should help tell this MUMU to go get life.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2009
crext:

Sooner Yarasick will invite Seun to FCT about incessant comment of users on nairaland, LOL

Someone should help tell this MUMU to go get life.

Roflmao!!!! Oh God, may that day never come !!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by nethacker(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2009
I dnt think Yaradua is normal @all angry wen has it become a crime to air views of the populace? shocked
Seun pls u beter be careful oo and back up ur data wella so dat this sick president of ours won't tell them to shut down Nairaland ooo grin grin
I am sick and tired of this country.I think we need some JJrawlings dosage.God save us ooooo cry cry
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by ChapelleS: 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2009
You see our leaders keeps getting worse.That is why the FOI bill will see never the light of the day.That video will be compiled and released on youtube soon and not only Nigerians will watch but the rest of the world.I hope he can shut down the world wide wide,sick ode! anu ofia that is a walking dead.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by crext: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2009
clear reasons why Obama will never visit Naija. sequel to the dull brain visionless leaders we have in this country,
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Spyker: 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2009
Gbenga again, gbenga, gbenga, gbenga, how many times did i call you. Take your tongue count your teeth ooh, so that you don't end of like Dele Giwa or even bayo Ohu cry cry cry. Leave government alone, at least till we stop rigging.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by ChapelleS: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
Please join this group on facebook-Friends Of Gbenga Mike Aruleba (AIT).Let us start a campaign on the Internet against such show of impunity by Yardua and lets see if he can shut down the Internet.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by foyeks2001(f): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
Afam:

Sorry, I don't work for either of them. I am not just as lazy as you when it comes to thinking. Just needed to clarify that lest you think my avoiding the stupid remark (which every single Nigerian makes anytime he/she cannot defend a position) you made.

I talk am before, you cannot complete a post without referencing OBJ.

A clown like you that prefers and campaigns for the likes of IBB and Orji Uzo Kalu should hide his head in shame.

You think (like Gbenga who by the way I respect and like his program but for some unsubstantiated and sometimes wrong or false statements about what is going on) that once you say that OBJ or the government is mad you become the darling of the masses. Sorry, such nonsense stopped working a long time ago.

I challenge those of you talking about freedom of speech to go close to Obama and call him a bastard or an idiot. I don't even need to ask you to do same to our Nigerian politicians.

You encourage and support someone who is over stepping his bounds by making unsubstantiated remarks and inciting remarks about the government and if God forbid something negative happens to him you will still type rubbish on the internet about him.

Gbenga is a good guy who over does it especially when he is carried away with the praises sycophants send his way. I watch his program anything it is on and my TV is on even though I express shock at some of his comments and wonder why he is not being called to order.

We like pushing people all in the name of supporting them but will dodge or run away if asked to even do 5% of what these guys are doing for us.

Afambu the village boy, so u are so dumb that u could not even replied a sensible post, no wonder u are Afambu olori awon ode(nitwit) or why is ur own so different from good people's opinion
who intorduced u to this site in the first place, u beta go get a life because where human being are facing, u are backing ur ugly body-asshole
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Afam(m): 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
foyeks2001:

Afambu the village boy, so u are so dumb that u could not even replied a sensible post, no wonder u are Afambu olori awon ode(nitwit) or why is your own so different from good people's opinion
who intorduced u to this site in the first place, u beta go get a life because where human being are facing, u are backing your ugly body-asshole

Just do 2 things for me. Get your basic spelling of words right and then get a boyfriend. Don't take your frustration out on me.

So, I should agree with the opinions of others because it is easier to do so? It is idiots like you that will cheer people to their deaths even when you will never dare what you cheer them to do. It is hypocrites and confused women like you who cannot think with their brains that will be the first to spew nonsense all in the name of posting comments on a public forum.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by yim(f): 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2009
i cannot see any reason why ait should be shut down.let us accept that nigeria is a failed so threating to shut down ait is baseless. though sometimes the media mis manages information but if the truth is told let us face it. yar'adua is incompetent to rule b'cos he has no positive impact in nigeria but rather negative.rather than threaten to shut them they should be sued. we don't need rebranding we need to start over again.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by timpaker(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
grin angry grin angry Am ashamed of this country's mindset especially that of the so-called leaders, Focus Nigeria is the only Programme i switch on my generator to watch and now you dumb-headed leaders are out to kidnapp my favourite presenter and stop it airing. Instead of focusing on how to improve the lives of the people, you are thinking of seizing my favourite TV liecense. MAY GOD PUNNISH YOU AND YOUR GENERATIONS!
Let me analyse your gov't.
You have banned cigarrete smoking in public place (meanwhile you smoke more than 2pac)
You have banned selling of alchohol in Green areas (ABJ)
You have given our students acompulsory holiday of more than 3 months (though called off)
You have welcome criminals that deserves a public death (arm-next-thing)
You have enslaved all.
E.t.c.
What ways have your policies affected the lives of the people you claim to govern?
and now my favourite TV programme?
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DIE U M*****fu**R!
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by foyeks2001(f): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2009
Afam:

Just do 2 things for me. Get your basic spelling of words right and then get a boyfriend. Don't take your frustration out on me.

So, I should agree with the opinions of others because it is easier to do so? It is idiots like you that will cheer people to their deaths even when you will never dare what you cheer them to do. It is hypocrites and confused women like you who cannot think with their brains that will be the first to spew nonsense all in the name of posting comments on a public forum.

u know watu are a fool and a coward,people like u shud not be in this country, ur mate are in samariahh(where they dont think) because u just open that ur big stinking mouth to vomit rubbish
nairaland is for those that are sensible , that got brains thats y u see similarities in some of the comments made, so u beta go check ur brain wether u are not suffering from brain turmoil (empty jacket)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos May Shut Abattoir Market / “El-Rufai’s Intelligence Is Governed By ego” – Reno Omokri / Nigerian-born Gambian Judge Is Being Persecuted – Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.