Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT (7201 Views)

Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by emmydee(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2009
There's no democracy in Nigeria. Otherwise, Dokpesi would not be invited by Mr President
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by nethacker(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2009
@afam n foyeks2001 enof of all these nonsense!!! angry pls dont hijack this thread smiley we r here to air views and share opinion not to trade words . angry angry
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by foyeks2001(f): 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2009
nethacker:

@afam n foyeks2001 enof of all these nonsense!!! angry pls dont hijack this thread smiley we r here to air views and share opinion not to trade words . angry angry

dont mind that thing, thanks Bros but he started the insult
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by saintade01(m): 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Nezan(m): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2009
I think Gbenga was getting too personal with attacks on that program . . . there is always need for moderation.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by nethacker(m): 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
foyeks2001:

pls ignore him and let it die down
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by foyeks2001(f): 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
foyeks2001:

sorry pls , refered to u as Bros dont wether u are a Bros or a Sis, he is even saying i shud go get a boyfriend(wat does it got to do wit the thread)
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by foyeks2001(f): 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2009
nethacker:

pls ignore him and let it die down

Bros thanks , noted and i promise i will do just that
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Afam(m): 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2009
My first post on this thread was

There is nothing like freedom of information when it is abused. Power is nothing without control.

Personally, I have wondered why the station is allowed to air some very inciting stories which are usually unconfirmed and unsubstantiated.

Unfortunately, Nigerians have wrongly assumed that once you say anything against the government then you are a good person.

Information must be used and disseminated responsibly.

Then this idiot responded thus

foyeks2001:

lets us hear word, am very sure that its either u are a P.A to our dear madam rebrand or u are her S.A or better still u are working with our yarasick and Jonathan

And she has the audacity to claim someone insulted her first. This is the type of lies that shameless people tell all the time and expect others to tolerate their excesses.

foyeks2001:

u know watu are a fool and a coward,people like u shud not be in this country, your mate are in samariahh(where they dont think) because u just open that your big stinking mouth to vomit rubbish
nairaland is for those that are sensible , that got brains thats y u see similarities in some of the comments made, so u beta go check your brain wether u are not suffering from brain turmoil (empty jacket)

As stated earlier, you are simply an idiot who cannot process information otherwise you would have focused on the thread and not labeling people PA or SA to anyone just because you disagree with the person.

People like you will always be put where they belong on discussion forums.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by safariman(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2009
Nigeria's democracy is still developing since we have not been at it long enough. We still have dictatorship and rule by decree in our blood. Has anyone ever wondered why we still have civilians, school children and union members marching like soldiers anytime we have a parade at the stadium? A developed democracy can tolerate a TV columnist calling Obama a racist on the air without being summoned to the White House,
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by 3kay945(m): 4:28pm On Oct 27, 2009
.,uhm, a sick man running a sick, di.ck+head.

Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by kolaoloye(m): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2009
CAUTION: Please do not derail this thread.The issue here is pathetic enough
                for everyone to cool down and find solution.

@OP:
    We all know who is behind the mask. The sick man is just a figure head sad but
     Fear not, very soon something that would shock this nation shall happen.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by charlione(m): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
safariman:

Nigeria's democracy is still developing since we have not been at it long enough. We still have dictatorship and rule by decree in our blood. Has anyone ever wondered why we still have civilians, school children and union members marching like soldiers anytime we have a parade at the stadium? A developed democracy can tolerate a TV columnist calling Obama a racist on the air without being summoned to the White House,

that would be because there is freedom of information in that country. the leaders of our own country have refused to pass the freedom of information bill into law!
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Afam(m): 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2009
charlione:

that would be because there is freedom of information in that country. the leaders of our own country have refused to pass the freedom of information bill into law!

When it comes to making laws we should hold our representatives responsible because it is their duty to do so.

All the noise about 3rd term died the moment the law makers voted against it.

We must address those responsible for our problems squarely instead of simplifying the whole thing by blaming the president while those who make things easy for him are left out of the blame.

OBJ even as a sitting president saw the 3rd term project crash so it is a matter of being courageous enough to do what is right.

However, I still maintain that there is no country that does not have limits to what you consider freedom of speech. There is usually a thin line between criticisms and incitement.

It is not about Gbenga, even a former minister was picked up in Enugu for making comments that seemed like he was suggesting the military come back to power.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by koolchicco: 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2009
kola oloye:

CAUTION: Please do not derail this thread.The issue here is pathetic enough
                for everyone to cool down and find solution.

@OP:
    We all know who is behind the mask. The sick man is just a figure head sad but
     Fear not, very soon something that would shock this nation shall happen.

In God we Trust! angry angry
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by bibiking1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
I understand fully that a crime as sedition does exist, but its borders are not clearly defined and as such forms the basis for the evil wrought by the repressive government of the day. Some of us are in a mad rush to protect 'our' beloved frail president, let us remember that the future has a rearview mirror and your comments today SHALL be revisited when the revolution unfolds.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Afam(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2009
bibiking1:

I understand fully that a crime as sedition does exist, but its borders are not clearly defined and as such forms the basis for the evil wrought by the repressive government of the day. Some of us are in a mad rush to protect 'our' beloved frail president, let us remember that the future has a rearview mirror and your comments today SHALL be revisited when the revolution unfolds.

Could you be more explicit? Who is protecting the president? It is worrisome to note that these days once you do not agree with anything that is against the government even for good reasons you become a supporter of the government.

For a supposedly educated Nigerian it is in itself a tragedy.

Those of us who do not hide our identity are able to do so because when you base your criticisms on facts that you can defend no one will do anything to you.

I have been invited to places like EFCC to defend my criticisms which were based on facts, pure facts and I defended them well and they agreed with those criticisms so when some of you hide behind a computer to type things that cannot be substantiated and expect every other person to fall in line and support same I dare say it won't work.

A blind man leading another blind man will fall into the ditch.

Can you identify yourself, go to a TV station and rain abuses on the president based on the freedom of speech? If you can do that then let me know the TV station and time so that I will watch you.

If you cannot then hold you peace so that Nigerians that are trying their best to make Nigeria work can do so instead of idle talk about revolution while hiding behind usernames.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Borat1: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2009
So what will happen when someone blurts out "you lie!" when the president is speaking?
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by GoldCircle: 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
I personally don't think Mr.President was personally involved in this as claimed here.Y'all remember the recent report that claimed Mr. president was also involved in the refusal to issue new passports to Mallam El-Rufai & Ribadu? We now know d true story!
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by DoubleN(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2009
If he had nothing to hide he would not threaten to shut down a TV station!Nonsensical Government.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by ogarmoses: 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
in a country where the fundamental right to expression of opinion is bottle-necked,then impliedly democracy in such a country is questioned.Mr president leave the press alone.OR are u indirectly joining forces with our esteemed legislators to announce the obituary of FREEDOM OF INFORMATION BILL?
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by koolpal(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2009
fear of failure i driving Mr presido into threatening
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by naso2(m): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
Most forumites who  have not even watched the program before just respond because it is now popular to criticise government. Please lets appraise on a case by case basis.

Is Yaradua sick? Yes
Is the government working enough for commendation? I DONT THINK SO

We should not on the basis of the above support Gbenga in all he does expecially at times when he goes overboard.

I think Gbenga with bravery trod the popular path of criticising government from the Obasanjo days and find it a worthy vocation now, even when it appears to run fowl of journalistic ethics. I watch his program and sometimes from the Panelist he invites you will clearly see that he makes it difficult to have a balanced view of issues. I find that very unhealthy.

The government rather should have used some of his many flaws to harass  him legally instead of this threat to the entire AIT.

We all want freedom of speech, however there is no society in the world were you are absolutely free to say anything you like all the time as an individual . IT IS EVEN MORE WORRISOME WHEN A JOURNALIST EXPLOITS THE SYSTEM TO PROMOTE UNBALANCED REPORTING.

I am not a pro-government person but the truth must be said.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
This is purely an abuse of power.

If the Presidency believes someone is mischaracterizing the President then they should sue the person for libel and allow the courts to decide.

Running a TV show where Nigerians air their views on how the country is governed is never a threat to National security its just democracy. I am not suprised because Joe Gadzama's (SSS Director) pass time has been arresting online bloggers.

This is just another example in a litany of examples in the making of a petty dictator called yar'adua. Nigerian is bigger than Yar'adua he will surely fail.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by okeey(m): 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2009
why all dis in naija
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2009
someone needs to explain to us why Obama has not locked up the owners of fox news.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Afam(m): 6:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
mikeansy:

someone needs to explain to us why Obama has not locked up the owners of fox news.

Probably the same reason why the owner of Nairaland has not been locked up?

Do you really watch the program in question?

If the FG was against the program it would not bother accepting a new anchor, it would have asked for complete removal.

You guys should address the issues based on the merits and demerits otherwise the corrupt politicians will simply look at the inputs and dismiss them as baseless and it is sad.

Blanket commendation or condemnation will not do anyone any good, rather it will provide some form of cover for those that should be ordinarily exposed.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
Afam:

Probably the same reason why the owner of Nairaland has not been locked up?

Do you really watch the program in question?

If the FG was against the program it would not bother accepting a new anchor, it would have asked for complete removal.

You guys should address the issues based on the merits and demerits otherwise the corrupt politicians will simply look at the inputs and dismiss them as baseless and it is sad.

Blanket commendation or condemnation will not do anyone any good, rather it will provide some form of cover for those that should be ordinarily exposed.

@Seun will soon be captured, there is no place for him to hide not even on nairaland. NL is the most free politcally-incorrect forum this side of the globe.

I am surprised Baba kooskoos has not pointed his atherite finger in his direction
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by toshacer: 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2009
gbenga aruleba is very partial, politicised and tribalist.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by walata44(m): 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
In as much as there is fredom of speech & opinion,i will rather say that abuse of such expression is to be curbed.,govt has absolute power over everything but when such power is threatened,then,it is not power at all.,no matter what,yaradua for now is the president so he's in charge, Some information although can be very good when disseminated to the public,but interpretation of such information differs in all individuals.Example,the rwandan genocide started as a result of incitement of the populace by a radio presenter who was later sent to jail.,i am not saying shutting down ait is ok but if it will keep the country safe.,i guessed it will be a better idea afteral the united state does regulate the media despite being the most democratic country

What's your point? Did u watch Focus Nigeria at all?
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2009
The Owner has agreed to take off his Independence. That was one of the program to made the popular. I don't even need to hear the conversations to know the govt is corrupt, and the president was never elected, no electricity, the Megawatt he promised is a charade. Yaradu'a will still ban Internet and Nairaland.

Yaradull know Nigerians only talk and talk and listen, wait until shooting and bombing start then he should start talking about National Security. Which Nation?
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by manny4life(m): 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2009
Wow,  National Security ,   grin grin   TS/SCI ,   grin grin grin ,  Level D security clearance required to access classified info , 

So much for freedom of speech, TV columnist Glenn Beck of FOX 5 on several occasions called president Obama racist, used spiteful and hateful words and even when his big sponsors including Wal-Mart revoked their contractual agreement, in fact, Texas, home of G.W. Bush welcomed him. I don't think he took a trip to white house, more so I don't think FOX 5 operational rights were threatened either

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos May Shut Abattoir Market / Biafra Leader Nnamdi Kalu Flirts With Another Woman On The Streets Of London / BREAKING!!! After Ozubulu Massacre, Another Gun Men Attack In Anambra Just NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.