Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT (7203 Views)

Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Nigerd(m): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2009
we need Freedom of Information Bill
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by kayman02(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2009
angryWill Yar'adua also threaten to shut down CNN and BBC? Yar'adua does not like being told the truth with strong regards to the problems facing Nigeria and Nigerians. Anyway, his administration is a failure. I hail Mike Aruleba for his courage. But as for Chief Raymond Dokpesi (the owner of Raypower and AIT) he is a coward. I will miss Mike Arulebacry.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by kosovo(m): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2009
Now i see why i haven't seen Gbenga in ages,
   I am baffled, flabbergasted and completely shattered at this unholy aggression cast upon AIT.
  yar adua actions is morally unjustifiable, absolutely unconstitutional and a flagrant oppression of the innocent and just Nigerians. he has inflicted undue molestation, embarrassment, defamation and dishearting insult upon the innocent Gbenga. He has Destroyed the love of Democray and showed how insecure he is.
  i have seen FOX many time criticizing President Obama, but never have i heard the president give any derogatory statement about FOX news . . .
    As it is now, Simple social justice demands that yar adua (Mr. Rule Of Law) tender  an unreserved and remorseful apology to The entire Nation . .

Nigeria? What a waste!
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by uncleken1: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2009
we will anything less than dis cos d government is fully corrupt.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by naso2(m): 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2009
While I believe the president should have taken a more diplomatic/legal stance against this Gbenga guy, I think a lot of us  are not comparing like with like here. Why is everbody talking about Fox news and Obama as if that is the only difference between Nigeria and USA. America is planets ahead of Nigeria ,which shows in almost every facet of  life.

Sorry we  are not America and we have to live with that for now.

The sense of judgement of the average American is high enough to discern the spirit and the letter of FOX reports. Infact may be Obama should not have reacted and not much would change. Americans know better.

In Nigeria the case is far  different except if we want to keep decieving ourselves. Just one unfounded sensational reporting can set the entire Northern axis of the nation on fire.

I see Gbenga as biased in his reporting . When a journalist does everything , from his panelist to the kind of questions to always portray things negatively , I think he needs be cautioned expecially when he turns the blind eye constantly on the flaws of certain other public elements.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by oluwaferin: 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2009
Mr president,i believe we are still in the democracy world.thretenin a private company of shuttin them down sound so rediculus,i dont understand are own (goverment of the people and for the people i mean 1990 constitiution)DEMOCRACY IS A WORLD OF FREE FLO
OF SPEECH YOU HAVE D RIGHT OF GOING TO COURT, AND LET VERY INDEVIDUALS DEFEND THEM SELF. angry angry
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by nedu2000(m): 12:45am On Oct 30, 2009
Our government bad,let 'em cum and arrest me
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by lescey(m): 1:12am On Oct 30, 2009
incredible? , YARADUA, tHIS IS THE WORK OF OLUSEGUN OBASANGO shocked
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by oiseworld: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2009
@na so

In Nigeria the case is far  different except if we want to keep deceiving ourselves. Just one unfounded sensational reporting can set the entire Northern axis of the nation on fire.

I see Gbenga as biased in his reporting . When a journalist does everything , from his panelist to the kind of questions to always portray things negatively , I think he needs be cautioned expecially when he turns the blind eye constantly on the flaws of certain other public elements.

@na so, or what ever you call yourself.
firstly, i think you are not in Nigeria. i think you are just the type FELA sang suffering and smiling for.  you would have said the mil litants are also biased. instead of appreciating concrete criticism you are volting for dictatorship.

you have to open your eyes and understand that your government don't knw wat dey are doing.

something somewhere is wrong wit your thinking.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by naso2(m): 10:29pm On Oct 30, 2009
@oiseworld

I agree that something is wrong with the country. I agree that the government at every level need to do much more than what we see.

I have already stated that this approach of threatening AIT with shutdown is not the best.

However I believe that we all have to show accountability and the minimum level of professionalism needed in our different fields. Journalists should be more professional .

I want balanced reporting. Gbanga's style is far from it.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by ttruth(m): 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Post :

That is all he is good at. Useless President.
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Basic123: 8:33pm On Feb 14
bibiking1:
The nigerian state is obviously one that has never made hidden its dictatorial characteristics. From the days of Buhari up till now the kingdom of free expression has suffered violence and the violent have consistently paid with their blood, loved ones and their livelihood. This government is a continuum of that early repressive military mindset. However, nothin can stop the coming revolution, the blood of the tyrants shall water the tree of freedom.
😆
Re: Yar'adua Threatens To Shut Down AIT by Basic123: 8:34pm On Feb 14
ttruth:
@Post :

That is all he is good at. Useless President.
😆

No be today

The reason why I laugh when some people claim yaradua was a good president 😆

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Civil War - REMATCH! / Members of The Cabal Are In Firm Grip Of Project Muhammadu Buhari (2015) / Jtf Accuses Borno Elders Of Backing Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.