Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3679104 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 25, 2018
In life as a leader, not saying a leader here though but, in anyways people look up to you for something or gave respect to you because of something or because of who you are.
Firstly, appreciate that cos a lot of people wants to be celebrated and want to be mentioned but didn't have the chance or in anyway...
Secondly, understand people and learn to know people are not of equal character, neither of same beliefs and thoughts.
Third, which is the most strongest of all is TOLERANCE.
Deactivation of your account is a self right and which isn't against any law. But sometimes when you find yourself in a position like I said leader.
You have to understand sometimes your decision as a leader can hurt your followers in many ways that you have less thoughts about.
Many might be pleased and many might be very pissed.
As a figure in what so society either external nor internal your tolerance ability must be high and strong enough to defend the perceptions Of the ignorance.
Deleting account is of no need!!! You deleted your account cos you were pissed at some people who didn't accept your updates.. over 1.5m people come on here to check in and out but only 4 or 5 said what they think according to there right got you pissed off and left.. let me tell you what that actually means to me?
Please I quote TO ME!!
1. Zero tolerance
2. Impatient
3.Fast in making decisions *learn to listen and reluctant to reply*
4 . You were pissed at people's thoughts but forgot you actually just did the same
5. Acted as if you refused to share info's just like you did, we will never get any info or updates concerning this recruitment. Alpha* remember Tami left and you came.
6. You choose to read only the post of people that didn't agree to your terms but forgotten people commended you. What did you do instead CONDEMNED them... at least wait for people who are even yet to see the post..
Sincerely, I know everything am saying you know all these things but what of putting them into actions, makes you don't know them..
Though I know the pain of sharing what you think and have nothing to gain nor loose and was condemned...but you also have to remember what actually brought you up here at first and got you to make decisions yourself to submit what you have to the house.. Guess no one dragged you here and no one forced you to be that person, that's the same reason you have to remember not everything you say will be a green light to everyone...
House go check the last recruitment update pages a lot really went down. They fought and spit on each other faces but no one left.. they came out for protest and won, you know why they hold each other like a bunch of broom who can't sweep singly.
Do you ever think people who didn't make it through then didn't get a life? They did and moved on..
But giving up is a weakness, they are nothing different from us.
ADVICE: Not because we won't have a better life if we don't get this job, but sometimes we have to create memories and share our thoughts and abilitis cos they mostly fetch us dignity.. who knows where these recruitment is gonna end, we don't know even know what actually they are going to say, maybe they didn't even did no interview for us!!! ( you know our government ) are you just gonna leave the group and forget what the country has put you through during the recruitment, talking of the state of situation all through.. Do you even know how many opportunities coming your way that these recruitment didn't let you foster...
Sometimes we have to hold the bull by the horn*
Sorry my construction may be woeful just understand me.
For me WE DIE HERE
SMARTGRID SEE YOU THERE..
HOPEFULS JUST BELIEVE

15 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AleeDee(m): 3:14am On Apr 25, 2018
Men!!! This rili touched me. Am part of d silent listeners nd pray nd praise 4 dis guy silently. Anytime I see posts condemning smart, it rili touched me nd I use to imagine if it was me nd always pray d -ve doesnt happen (tho it still happened). TBH smart, if u rili ve conscience nd u read what dis guy just typed, I tink u shld reactivate ur accnt nd continue d good work, nt because of anybdy, bt because of god. Learn d teacher way, "ur reward is in heaven". Even a woman deleted her accnt nd she forgive nd came back, den act better pls, "our leader". We hope to hear good news soon
Peace out

Skyview0112:
In life as a leader, not saying a leader here though but, in anyways people look up to you for something or gave respect to you because of something or because of who you are.
Firstly, appreciate that cos a lot of people wants to be celebrated and want to be mentioned but didn't have the chance or in anyway...
Secondly, understand people and learn to know people are not of equal character, neither of same beliefs and thoughts.
Deactivation of your account is a self right and which isn't against any law. But sometimes when you find yourself in a position like I said leader.
You have to understand sometimes your decision as a leader can hurt your followers in many ways that you have less thoughts about.
As a figure in what so society either external nor internal your tolerance ability must be high and strong enough to defend the perceptions Of the ignorance.
Deleting account is of no need!!! You deleted your account cos you were pissed at some people who didn't accept your updates.. over 1.5m people come on here to check in and out but only 4 or 5 said what they think according to there right got you pissed off and left.. let me tell you what that actually means to me?
Please I quote TO ME!!
1. Zero tolerance
2. Impatient
4 . You were pissed at people's thoughts but forgot you actually just did the same
5. Acted as if you refused to share info's just like you did, we will never get any info or updates concerning this recruitment. Alpha* remember Tami left and you came.
6. You choose to read only the post of people that didn't agree to your terms but forgotten people commended you. What did you do instead CONDEMNED them... at least wait for people who are even yet to see the post..
Sincerely, I know everything am saying you know all these things but what of putting them into actions, makes you don't know them..
Though I know the pain of sharing what you think and have nothing to gain nor loose and was condemned...but you also have to remember what actually brought you up here at first and got you to make decisions yourself to submit what you have to the house.. Guess no one dragged you here and no one forced you to be that person, that's the same reason you have to remember not everything you say will be a green light to everyone...
House go check the last recruitment update pages a lot really went down. They fought and spit on each other faces but no one left.. they came out for protest and won, you know why they hold each other like a bunch of broom who can't sweep singly.
Do you ever think people who didn't make it through then didn't get a life? They did and moved on..
ADVICE: Not because we won't have a better life if we don't get this job, but sometimes we have to create memories and share our thoughts and abilitis cos they mostly fetch us dignity.. who knows where these recruitment is gonna end, we don't know even know what actually they are going to say, maybe they didn't even did no interview for us!!! ( you know our government ) are you just gonna leave the group and forget what the country has put you through during the recruitment, talking of the state of situation all through.. Do you even know how many opportunities coming your way that these recruitment didn't let you foster...
For me WE DIE HERE
HOPEFULS JUST BELIEVE

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 8:16am On Apr 25, 2018
Skyview0112:
Please I quote TO ME!!
1. Zero tolerance
2. Impatient
For me WE DIE HERE
HOPEFULS JUST BELIEVE

Nice one bro. You're a wise one!

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by realone2012: 8:25am On Apr 25, 2018
I stopped believing all these our so called sources since 31st March, 2018 (end of 1st quarter). It seems 'most' people are just guessing and ditching out info for us.
All our sources from after the interview last year said latest, 1st quarter, 2018, we should start work (that means the successful one should have been called by Jan/Feb for them to start work), nothing happened.
That's when I stopped taking most of them serious.

The major reason I am still following is because I almost missed out on the interview because I stopped checking the thread for a while (mind you, I started following since it was first moved to fp in 2016).

We have really come a long way, so don't let anyone hold us hostage in the name of information. In due course, we will know what's really happening.

Peace out!

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2018
I have been following this thread anonymously for some time now.

I would say that I have not really been impressed by our overtly emotional reactions in this thread. Why is it that people would not be allowed to disagree with some opinion or information in a polite manner? I believe users of this platform are mature minds which can analyse and accept information they deem accurate and disagree or reject the others. Why is it only people who accept information are tolerated and people who disagree are condemned? If every opinion here are accepted, then where is the dialogue? Where is the spice of the discussion?

Even a much bigger question is: what singular information since the interview has turn out to be true, or rather has come to fruition? People may have sources or not for all I know, but the bottom line is that their information have not been realistic, hence the skepticism.

Again, this is an open forum where people come and go. NOBODY is too important that his/her exit or otherwise of the thread will disrupt the balance in this thread. For those who choose to go, farewell and we may eventually meet in the future. For many others who choose to remain, well done and may we keep the discussion going in a mature rational way.

Lastly, I appreciate the likes of Mankoko and Hammer for bringing refreshing humor to the thread and also Smartgrid, not so much for his updates, but his narrative prowess.

One family, one love.

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by LargeBreed(m): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2018
Last time i posted that no list will come out this April, but some of y'all doubted me. I write again; expect the list after the budget has been passed.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Itzdanrimi(m): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2018
LargeBreed:
Last time i posted that no list will come out this April, but some of y'all doubted me. I write again; expect the list after the budget has been passed.
budget passage is tipped next week! Early May.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2018
This is one of the reasons I respect leaders, especially those who are leading Nigerians (the most difficult people on earth).

The Isrealites are like Nigerians, they cannot be pleased. Consequently, Moses (their leader) could not enter the promised land because of them.

For those who sit at the comfort of their room and call those who spend their money, energy and time to get information for us mere speculators, I have questions for you:

1. Your Speaker (Yakubu Dogara) assured us that the budget will be passed yesterday (24-04-2018), has it been passed?

2. The SGF gave the same assurance that everything about the budget will be concluded on 31st March, 2018. Did that happen?
3. How would you feel when you go out of your way to fish out information from high profile Nigerians (you and I know how difficult it is to get information in a place like DPR) and the people who are the supposed beneficiaries of this information make you look stupid with their comments?

Finally, what Smartgrid and others did is exactly what Jose Mourinho did when he was summoned by Chelsea board in 2007 and was informed that his performance was below expectation, he said: " If 6 trophies in 3 years ( including 2 back to back EPL in his first 2 seasons) is below expectation, he has chosen to leave on mutual consent so that they can hire the coach/manager that will give them all that they want".

THE MOST DESPICABLE PEOPLE ON EARTH ARE THOSE WHO ONLY TAKE THE BACK SEAT AND CRITICIZE OTHERS BUT CANNOT DO ANYTHING THEMSELVES.

24 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by chideozi: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2018
Nice one Onyiridike.

Most of the dates speculated here were correct and first hand info. Just that factors which we can't decipher made those dates seem to be mere speculations.

Thank God we all heard the 24th April as the day the budget will be passed. Was it passed? No! Did to some factors known to them. In October Tamihawt said interview would be November but later said December due to some changes.

So let's apply decorum when we slander those that speculated first quarter. They were correct. The change is always due to some factors. Let's not condemn those that bring info. Is just not matured when we do so.

Let's keep progressing in our various endeavours as The waiting continues....

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 25, 2018
Alas! We have just completed yet another circle cool

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 11:23am On Apr 25, 2018
Onyiridike:
This is one of the reasons I respect leaders, especially those who are leading Nigerians (the most difficult people on earth).

The Isrealites are like Nigerians, they cannot be pleased. Consequently, Moses (their leader) could not enter the promised land because of them.

For those who sit at the comfort of their room and call those who spend their money, energy and time to get information for us mere speculators, I have questions for you:

1. Your Speaker (Yakubu Dogara) assured us that the budget will be passed yesterday (24-04-2018), has it been passed?

2. The SGF gave the same assurance that everything about the budget will be concluded on 31st March, 2018. Did that happen?
3. How would you feel when you go out of your way to fish out information from high profile Nigerians (you and I know how difficult it is to get information in a place like DPR) and the people who are the supposed beneficiaries of this information make you look stupid with their comments?

Finally, what Smartgrid and others did is exactly what Jose Mourinho did when he was summoned by Chelsea board in 2007 and was informed that his performance was below expectation, he said: " If 6 trophies in 3 years ( including 2 back to back EPL in his first 2 seasons) is below expectation, he has chosen to leave on mutual consent so that they can hire the coach/manager that will give them all that they want".

THE MOST DESPICABLE PEOPLE ON EARTH ARE THOSE WHO ONLY TAKE THE BACK SEAT AND CRITICIZE OTHERS BUT CANNOT DO ANYTHING THEMSELVES.
Onyiridike:

Onyiridike:

I beg to differ with your line of thought.

Firstly, anybody who is sourcing for info regarding this recruitment is doing so to satiate his/her curiosity first, and to share the info comes secondary.

Also, those who sit at home criticizing is definitely doing a great job, because they want the best. Even by mere saying that they criticize, in itself, negates the notion that they don't do anything.

That someone shares info here or not can never affect the outcome of the recruitment process. So can we just stop the info/update mantra of a thing. And by you using the word 'despicable' shows your shallow mindedness and aversion to alternative arguments, which has no place in a civil discourse setting.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Captain777(m): 11:41am On Apr 25, 2018
Lol

dprpikin:
[sub][/sub]

Firstly, anybody who is sourcing for info regarding this recruitment is doing so to satiate his/her curiosity first, and to share the info comes secondary.

Also, those who sit at home criticizing is definitely doing a great job, because they want the best. Even by mere saying that they criticize, in itself, negates the notion that they don't do anything.

That someone shares info here or not can never affect the outcome of the recruitment process. So can we just stop the info/update mantra of a thing. And by you using the word 'despicable' shows your shallow mindedness and aversion to alternative arguments, which has no place in a civil discourse setting.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by herlecks(m): 11:51am On Apr 25, 2018
I can perceive another heated nonsensical and needless argument spring up. Lazy youths. I'm in my house coman beat me O_o.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2018
Captain777:
See dis idiot. Wat hav you contributed on this thread before? If u want d surest source go and listen to radio. It's people like you dat cause wahala. Mtwss

This world is big enough. There is space for everybody
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 12:35pm On Apr 25, 2018
dprpikin:
[sub][/sub]

I will not use derogatory words on you as you did to me but I decided to reply you with an Excerpt from the 26th USA president, Theodore Roosevelt dated 23, April, 1910:

It is not the CRITIC who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiently; who errs, who comes short again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions: who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at worst, if he fails; at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with THOSE COLD AND TIMID SOULS WHO NEITHER KNOW VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.

God bless you and have a wonderful day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
Captain777:
See dis idiot. Wat hav you contributed on this thread before? If u want d surest source go and listen to radio. It's people like you dat cause wahala. Mtwss

I think you should direct this statement to yourself
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
This page is too serious

Make I kukuma open another page
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
The page no dey gree open sef grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by assume3(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2018
Makonko please free them let's continue watching this grate episode
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
makonko:
The page no dey gree open sef grin
Lolz it takes about 31 post to complete a page... The 32nd post always appears on the next page.

I learnt that from the NLNG Graduate Trainee 2013 thread that lasted for up to 4years before the recruitment was over.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
Sunnystooth:

Lolz it takes about 31 post to complete a page... The 32nd post always appears on the next page.

I learnt that from the NLNG Graduate Trainee 2013 thread that lasted for up to 4years before the recruitment was over.

See this one wan collect my job o...

I be the page opener.

And for your info portal gate keeper dey.

Look for another job Abeg angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by assume3(m): 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
Lo behold the opener
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by assume3(m): 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
Dpr website

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
This is just a theory" i think dpr will release the apls after the budget has been passed not that it matters in the sense that the money for recruitment is part of it but rather the disgruntled politicians dont hold it as a bargaining power for their candidates"

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by babawuro11(m): 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2018
I was told this bro. Lets wait for the passage of the budget.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Babagy823: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2018
what if everything has been concluded and APLs have been printed, and they are just waiting for budget to be passed for them to start calling the selected candidates?? ��

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2018
Babagy823:
what if everything has been concluded and APLs have been printed, and they are just waiting for budget to be passed for them to start calling the selected candidates?? ��

Very possible
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
[url][/url]
Onyiridike:

I will not use derogatory words on you as you did to me but I decided to reply you with an Excerpt from the 26th USA president, Theodore Roosevelt dated 23, April, 1910:

It is not the CRITIC who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiently; who errs, who comes short again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions: who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at worst, if he fails; at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with THOSE COLD AND TIMID SOULS WHO NEITHER KNOW VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.

Onyiridike:

Onyiridike:

I must apologize for using the word 'shallow mindedness' as it is the only derogatory word in my former reply.

You quoted a Theodore Roosevelt's school of thought which is one among millions or even billions of schools of thought that there are. That Roosevelt made a statement doesn't mean I must agree with it.

If truly critics do not count, why is it that great authors would submit their works for criticism? What is the work of supervisors, if not to criticise (appraise) the work of the subordinate for better output?

When we criticise and disagree on an issue, we eventually reach a new and better consensus, thereby moving the standard up a notch and every party will be better for it. Criticism, when well intentioned and applied can do a world of good.

Once again, I'm sorry if I have caused any hurt.

God bless you too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Onyiridike(f): 10:13pm On Apr 25, 2018
dprpikin:
[url][/url][sub][/sub]

I must apologize for using the word 'shallow mindedness' as it is the only derogatory word in my former reply.

You quoted a Theodore Roosevelt's school of thought which is one among millions or even billions of schools of thought that there are. That Roosevelt made a statement doesn't mean I must agree with it.

If truly critics do not count, why is it that great authors would submit their works for criticism? What is the work of supervisors, if not to criticise (appraise) the work of the subordinate for better output?

When we criticise and disagree on an issue, we eventually reach a new and better consensus, thereby moving the standard up a notch and every party will be better for it. Criticism, when well intentioned and applied can do a world of good.

Once again, I'm sorry if I have caused any hurt.

God bless you too.

The best way to lead/correct is to show an example.

You don't sit back and continously call somebody a bad cook without showing the person how to cook nice meals.

If you tell me that my english is wrong, you have got to point out my mistakes and correct me.

Unfortunately, we have people who criticise everything that someone else does and they themselves have not done anything.

You ought to have been in the war front yourself before you can criticize soldiers for losing a war.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.