Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! (9482 Views)

Chief Bode George Is Interested In The Chairmanship Of The Pdp- Fayose / Roli Bode-George Is Acting Chairman Of NDLEA- The Vanguard / Nigeria’s Sexual Offences Bill Stipulates 18 Years Not 11yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by edwin101: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2009
somebody should tell olabode george that he should not drop the soap while in the slammer. serves him right .politically he is finiiiiiiiiiiiiiiished. grin
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by bjmighty(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2009
omg! just 2 years for stealing 84 billion. god! please,  let me get there too o and steal double, i don't mind stealing double and going fopr even 6years!!! rubbish, he deserves death by hanging!!!!!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by hilli666(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
2 years in jail for a contract inflation to the tone of 84 billion Niara. I wouldn't Even make that kind of money with and honest job in a life time. If this is the penalty of such, then I have to start moving back to Nigeria. I don't mind, Ill serve two years in jail if i came out and still had access to hundreds of millions in my account.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by r231(m): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2009
2 years for stealing billions. It's like the judge wanted him to steal the whole lot of nigeria b4 he could face real imprisonment. Why not better set him free?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2009
And after two years, he will come out from jail and still contest and win for president, just like one formal old president, abi lie?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by nelly4(f): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2009
two years is not enough

but considering our terrain we really should appreciate the judge that had the guts to send his ass to jail

because the likes of bode dont do jail in this part of the world

rather they embezel funds and go to court until time passes

and later contest for governorship posts so as to re-loot

they should just leave small for the upcoming one

or do they think they are the only ones that have the ability to loot funds
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by cvibe: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2009
Who says its 2 years? Might even be shorter cos it runs concurrently.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by KunleOshob(m): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2009
fyneguy on Today at 02:48:40 PM:

This judgment may even encourage people to embezzle funds o.

If all you get for embezzling N84 billion is a paltry 2 years imprisonment, then why not embezzle?

He may even get someone to serve the term for him.

How many years imprisonment do you think your pastor deserves for embezzeling church funds?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by fyneguy: 6:27pm On Oct 26, 2009
KunleOshob:

How many years imprisonment do you think your pastor deserves for embezzeling church funds?

I will tell you after you've been sentenced to 20 yrs in jail, for promoting yahoo yahoo with your cybercafe.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by snapshot: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2009
KunleOshob:

senseless question
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Positivity(m): 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2009
Bode George probably fell out with the powers that be, hence the slap-on-the wrist sentence! cheesy Pray tell, hw many hoodlums-cum-political office holders are holding sway today after raping and plundering the country? wink
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by switch47(m): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2009
The man who stole ten thousand naira was sent to five years in jail   or worse still rot in detention indefinitely.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by fyneguy: 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2009
snapshot:

senseless question

Dont mind him.

I know his problem.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2009
I think it took guts to convict this man, big ups to the judge , lets hope its a starting point
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by tarano: 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
Corruption is too deep in this country, I guess the only people that are not as corrupt as political appointees are the people we call tribalist visa vi dem AD governors, they don't exist, I am ready to be proved wrong but it is still easier to reform a tribalistic individual than to reform an insatiable corupt criminal,
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Namijojo: 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2009
Guys, i agree 100% that this old rogue should rot in jail, but we should also give kudos to the judge that gave the judgement. It is sign of good things especially from the judiciary. All said and done, i think the judge should ruled that his ill gotten assets be confiscated, sold and the money returned to the coffers of the government. Even the government sef i no trust them. Where is  the money that was gotten from Abacha and his ppl.
This country don tire me sef. May God help us.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by sylve11: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2009
EFCC, Bode George shouldn't escape this undecided cool
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by lawrence83: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2009
After all these, he gets only atwo years jail term,

and am sure every saturday he will attend all the owambe parties in town

and go to clubs on friday, VIP prison with AC and nice furniture. . . . . . . then while wont the next guy steal more.

Useless country.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by alanbolo(m): 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2009
oyb:

why is anybody upset?

am sure the same people grumbling are the same who are calling for sanusi's -shoot those banker mofos - head

Just d way I see it o ,    

complaining and grumbling for fun.   When Sanusi go after the Bank's looters, they say it's 2 much, now BG get pat on the back, we're saying he shoud rot in jail, or face firing squad,

Which way NLs 
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Jarus(m): 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2009
Option of fine?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by lawrence83: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2009
Jarus:

Option of fine?
that's the nonense they talk abt

and a surety that have a house in maitama, wuse and the high rise estates in abuja

and one that have 100 million naira. . . . . . . . and that fool will be freed.

only in my country.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
Let the punishment fit the crime, grin

Igbienideon was convicted of stealing N3billion and he paid N3 million and a scolding from the Judge grin grin grin grin

I guess N84 billion merited 2 years in prison, and i am sure he is out on probation in 3 months for good behaviour, maybe a reduced sentence so he can be of use in the coming 2011 elections. Nigeria!!!! Nigeriiiiiiiiiia!!!

Una too much wink
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by paulloosky(m): 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2009
th at's good.shows that naija is waking up to fight corruption. angry wink
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by SeanT21(f): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2009
ITS NOT 2 YEARS, ITS 28 YEARS!!

People’s Democratic Party Chieftain, Chief Bode George and five other persons accused along with him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, over allegation of N85 billion fraud at the Nigeria Ports Authority, NPA, has been sentenced to 28 years imprisonment without an option of fine.

He was convicted by Justice Olubunmi Oyewole of the Ikeja High Court this afternoon.

George was specifically convicted on 35 out of the 68-count charge which border on contract splitting, inflation, abuse of office and disobedience to lawful order.

Justice Oyewole sentenced all the six accused persons to two years each on seven counts of abuse of office and another six months for 28 charges bordering on disobedience of lawful order.

more at http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=9523&z=10
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by GaniRad(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2009
28 years or 2 years, please let us confirm properly,
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by koolchicco: 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2009
Gani Rad:

28 years or 2 years, please let us confirm properly,

Its 2 years, according to AIT!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2009
U people better stop rejoicing.Hav u forgetting Nigerian factor? 2things might likely happen within d nxt 6months.1, that bode will appeal d decision of d lower court&up turn it at d appeal court in his favour.2, he might get a plea bargain like lucky igbenedon&DSP alamseigha who are now free haven stolen billions
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by mikeoscar: 8:04pm On Oct 26, 2009
I said hopefully, he won't APPEAL AWAY.

@Posakosa1
Sad  enough He will APPEAL!

Remember, He belongs to the ruling party. I bet there's serious leg-work going on in Aso Rock right now. They cover their own, and will stop at nothing to ensure He's let-off the hook.

See Ibori nah, see Odili nah, see Sekibo nah, See Omisore nah, see Liyel Omoke from my state nah, etc, etc, "nothing dey happen" ma brother that's their slogan.

I'm sure the judge who passed the sentence is being hounded right now, except Bode Has stepped on too many PDP big toes or He didn't pass the goodies round.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by MrCrackles(m): 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
Bode George should rot in jail. . . .
His properties home and abroad should be confiscated and auctioned off
His wife should be sold to the highest bidder. . . .
Dem type of niggas sit down in the front row in the church but shady, dodgy and fraudulent as fuc.k
Stupid thieving old man! angry
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by b0dnel: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2009
When wanna be-lawyers interpret judgements, thats the result.

The sentences are however, to run concurrently.

In other words, na only 2 and not 28!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by mekuslogan: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2009
Folks,

Do not worry about the seemingly light sentence. God has already passed his own verdict. That man will in all likelihood die in jail. That is the biggest judgement. Do you remember Sunday Afolabi, the late minister who stole the national ID card money and later died in jail? Such is the ultimately verdict.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by koolchicco: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Bode George should rot in jail. . . .
His properties home and abroad should be confiscated and auctioned off
His wife should be sold to the highest bidder. . . .
Dem type of niggas sit down in the front row in the church but shady, dodgy and fraudulent as fuc.k
Stupid thieving old man! angry

Chill Bros. Wetin u wan use yin wife do, abi u wan buy 'am? grin grin

Crackles u dey vex oooo! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fashola Strikes Again / Buhari Humiliates Tinubu - Premium Times / 12 Opposition Parties Back PDP In Enugu As G-5 Governors Express Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.