Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! (9484 Views)

Chief Bode George Is Interested In The Chairmanship Of The Pdp- Fayose / Roli Bode-George Is Acting Chairman Of NDLEA- The Vanguard / Nigeria’s Sexual Offences Bill Stipulates 18 Years Not 11yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Amjustme: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2009
Actually saw 28 years not 2 years on the headline of one of the dailies dis morning, whicheva, TV Producers shld start smtin like dat.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Bongoman1: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2009
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by wunmilyn(f): 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2009
shusshhhhhhhhhh,
no bi Niger we dey,
lets wait and see if truly he will be jailed for two year? undecided
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ohisng(m): 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2009
Just 2 years? Abeg jare!!
anyway even if na one day, serves the OLD thief right!!
Next stop- TONY ANENIH!!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by invention: 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
This might serve as a deterrent to our public office holders and those who are about to board the procorruption bus.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by shevalync: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
great to hear, a right step in the right direction I think.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Memunah(f): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2009
good for him but i wont be surprised if Bode george collapse in the prison later on and has to go for medical attention abroad,which will be the end of it all.ABI NO BE NAIJA?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by 2old4that(m): 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2009
They would've taken a cue from Madoff case. . . http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/jun/29/bernard-madoff-sentence.
A well deserve sentence which commensurate with the amount of fraud.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ud4u: 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2009
Abeg, what happens to the billions in question? gone just like that? Nigeria I cry cry cry for you.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by 700john: 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2009
I can bet anybody, for dis naija , the Man will not b in prison by the 2nd quarter of next year 2010. just be on a look out!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by aspen2x: 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
Illd like to know wat Ribadu has to say about this,
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by CrudeOil2(m): 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2009
He is not wise. He should have settled for a plea bargain like Lucifer Igbenidion did, pay a fine of 1.8 million naira and go scot free.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
like they like to say. the law is an ass, grin
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ikennahill: 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2009
like play like play Bode george don enter black maria
like play like play Bode George don enter jail
He is now an ex convict, this one cannot be the same thing like there was sentence without conviction as in the niger delta man
like play like play a wonderful jugde gave the man 2years to cool off,
the 2 years dey too small sha, but a journey of 1oomiles starts with a step,
some will learn their lesson while others will be used to teach others
run fi cover all yeah useless politicains in Nija
Bode George will never forget yesterday
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2009
This is just a case of percieved untouchables of yesterday being touchable today.

While its ok, I will rather have a Nigeria where no one is untouchable because as we speak a new set of untouchables have been created.

Chidicris can you see that the your percieved OBJ gang can actually be touched? I hope you will learn to move on and stop characterising every issue on how it relates to OBJ.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by lovemoi2(f): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
ITS A PROPAGANDA, I DONT TRUST THEM, THERE IS A REWARD HE IS GETTING FOR THIS, THE ARREST IS A JUST A COVER UP

DO NOT BE DECIEVED
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by 3kay945(m): 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2009
u might be rite, i share ur thought.,
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by mekuslogan: 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
When will they sentence Sunday Ehindero, Fani Kayode, Kenny Martins, Aregbesola (master forger), ObJ, Iyabo, all their state govs, Babalola Borishade, Etteh, Grange, Mobolaji Osomo, Sunday Afolabi, Tinubu, the small time ritualists and killers (both political and ritualistic), the thousands of US and UK-based fraudstars and the rapists (the kids of Adeniran)?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by mayblossom(f): 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
[Ibori criminal record in Nigeria?
Alams yes and can he contest for another political post in naija? Probably no

]
BABA SEGE RULED YOU & I & NIGERIA FOR 8 SOLID YEARS
AS AN EX-CONVICT embarassed embarassed embarassed AND WAS EVEN TALKING OF 3RD TENURE
SHINE YOUR EYE,THESE PPL DON SELL THEIR SHAME O
2YRS IS LIKE FREEDOM NA, 84BIL CAN FLOAT 3 BANKS shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by holyeye(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2009
even if he was sentenced to just a day in cell, i am fulfilled that he was convicted of d alleged charges levied against him.
pompous, troublesome, wicked, arrogant, thiefy, despotic, tyrannical, fugly, shameless old pig should visit d beautiful pententiary where dey once had an opportunity to revamp & resuscitate awaiting their arrival. he has maligned his family name because of greed and quest for worldly power. no amount of money can wash away this from the books of history.

Nigerian leaders will never learn. If d EFCC & d judiciary translate dis feat to other polithieves awaiting trial, Nigerian prisons wld soon b d wealthiest place in this country.

Nobody holy pass, but moderation should be observed in all things. N85 Billion, haba, in a country where pple no c garri chop.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Onlytruth(m): 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
This is not meant to insult Yoruba people, but I think that Justice Olubunmi Oyewole is the single most important Yoruba person in Nigeria's post independence history! This judge is making a statement and she is making it loud and clear. Her judgement is of historic proportions and could change the history of that country. It takes a lot of courage to do what she just did. Other judges in Nigeria will likely take a cue from her.
Today is 2 years, tomorrow it could be 200 years! A breath of fresh air indeed!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by fashbabe: 10:19pm On Oct 27, 2009
Yeye chairman, , of a rulling party while his party is still in power at Federal level
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by wasobia(m): 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2009
Bode George bags 2or3yrs in prison today for pressing too many buttons at 9ja level. How can the regional chairman of a rulling party go to jail? I still cant get it. He must be so greedy & unrefined.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by AloyEmeka6: 12:00am On Oct 28, 2009
mekuslogan:

When will they sentence Sunday Ehindero, Fani Kayode, Kenny Martins, Aregbesola (master forger), ObJ, Iyabo, all their state govs, Babalola Borishade, Etteh, Grange, Mobolaji Osomo, Sunday Afolabi, Tinubu, the small time ritualists and killers (both political and ritualistic), the thousands of US and UK-based fraudstars and the rapists (the kids of Adeniran)?

Igbos have their own serial thieves too: Orji kalu, Arthur Nzeribe[duped Ghana to the tune of $400M], Chimaroke Nnamani,  Fred Ajudua[ connived with IBB to dupe Ghaddaffi billions], Andy Uba, Miriam Babangida[ advised her husband to steal our $12Bn], Theodore Orji and many other igbo politicians. So, hush.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Quietrager: 12:16am On Oct 28, 2009
Did you see the psychopaths and hangers on?!! Yes, that's African culture for you? Yoruba tradition at its best!?! You cannot beat that!! I just feel like being cultural right now,

But back to the point at hand, folks it looks like we are never going to get out of the blocks on this corruption thing. It's like hoping against hope! I tell you.

How can someone who read law and became a judge defend such a sentence to us and posterity?, that two years is all Mr. Bode George deserved for such brazen thievery and disregard for law and order. (Think on this judge as you fool yourself and play the hypocrite at the next International bar Association meeting.)

How can anyone say this is well begun?, two years only?, hey if you ask me this is encouraging - two years for how many billions, eighty four you said? That's not a bad deal, I tell you.

I mean it's good enough to take, do the time and then enjoy the rest of life. After all what is so special about honor in a nation that is basically so depraved judges cannot seem to understand the gravity of criminal offences not to speak of ordinary lay men. Two years? just two years?!? Nah wa OOO!

A nation of losers that I can bet my life will elect a Soludo as Anambra State's governor. (This one is for the slowpoke who thinks it's about the Yoruba's alone.)

A nation of non-starters that would see confirmed financial scammers get similar two year sentences if their actual prosecution ever starts or if they get anything at all.

A nation of imbeciles that has seen and continues to see criminals slip into the seats of power and seat in them with more easy than it takes to draw a breath at rest.

A nation of shameless people who like ever immature children do not even realize they are at the butt of the joke when the world speaks of corruption.

A nation of such we are - the facts are laid bare to see and are constantly being reemphasized.

How on earth is one going to convince those coming behind that stealing, corruption is not proper, is not worth it without looking like a fool?!!

Two years?~! - How on earth is anyone going to take Nigeria serious when all a thief of such magnitude gets is two years!!!

A start my ass - again, an illustration of how low standards have gotten that Nigerians regularly settle for mediocrity. GOD HELP US!! And this is justice!!!

Nigeria!! - the country where the citizens are glad just because there is an allusion to the fact that they may have a birthright and thank The ALMIGHTY that it was at least mentioned that, they may have a birthright,

I am so disappointed - TWO YEARS - that's all?!!?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Eziachi: 1:26am On Oct 28, 2009
More reasons why we need to break up, let everybody go home and take care of their own thieves in the possible way they sees fit. If' its the Oduduwa's culture to have uniformed clad supporters of a thief in court, let that be their cups of tea.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by AloyEmeka6: 1:33am On Oct 28, 2009
Which is it: 2 or 28 years?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by mekuslogan: 1:56am On Oct 28, 2009
That Judge is a tribalist for giving Bode only 2 .5 years. To prove this, send an Igbo pickpocket (I mean a mere pickpocket) from Oshodi to the judge and he will get 10 years imprisonment. This ruling is thus, rubish!!!! Bode George deserves to die by hanging. The judge should be sacked immediately.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by becomrich15: 2:07am On Oct 28, 2009
loma, i can tell you what chief Bode george sin is. you see, NPA is a money cow in Nigeria and anybody in Nigeria would tell you, the north control NPA.

Go and look at the list of past chairman of NPA, you can may be find 3 southerner. The others are northerner. Really NPA makes billions.

And I remember very well Northerner control it. I am not against northerner been appointed, because everybody is nigerian, but what I am against is you make useless claim .

The first question I would ask is the court confirm that chief Bode george collected any money from contract from NPA?

If you have problem with chief Bode George deal with him and not use yoruba name again.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 28, 2009
[tt][/tt][color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
chukwuma soludo
okadigbo
adolphus wabara
ojukwu
james ibori
dsp alameisighia
lucky igbinedion
peter odili
cecelia ibru
etc,,when are they going to jail?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by fyneguy: 8:13am On Oct 28, 2009
It was Farida Waziri that took the case to court, not Ribadu!

Ribadu was not bold enough to prosecute BG.

Let's not twist facts.

Even Festus Keyamo confirmed it : http://thepmnews.com/2009/10/27/more-knocks-for-bode-george
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by otukpo(f): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2009
some pple wld go to any lenght just to give the credit of any anti-corruption achievement to Ribadu, their idol, instead of Waziri. Wetin waziri do una.

Ribadu did not institute any case against Bode George. even if Ribadu is high on drugs, he wld never have the liver to touch the person of Bode George. Coward and stooge like him. Even Obasanjo wld have been shocked by that judgement. they didn't know anybody cld dare that.

We thank for Waziri, Keyamo and Justice Oyewole for their bravely. No be small thing. Even if it is only one night that BG slept in the prison, it is an achievement for the anti-corruption war in Nigeria. Right now, Bg is in his prison uniform with the 5 others convicted with him. I can wait to see him in his prison uniform on the front page of the dailies.

Ribadu my foot. All the Ribadumaniac can continue firing and ranting, Ribadu has gone and finished for good as far as this country is concerned. Just wait as u'll see the untouchables sent to jail. The true war against corruption is just picking up. Not noise making and fighting of political opponents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Local Government Workers Embarks On A 3-day Strike / Edo Assembly Suspends LG Boss Over Illegal Trip Abroad / Keyamo Criticises Jonathan, Obasanjo, Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.