Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! (9483 Views)

Chief Bode George Is Interested In The Chairmanship Of The Pdp- Fayose / Roli Bode-George Is Acting Chairman Of NDLEA- The Vanguard / Nigeria’s Sexual Offences Bill Stipulates 18 Years Not 11yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by mbulela: 7:12am On Oct 27, 2009
for those who are bidding for his wife,it is good to see what you are buying. wink
Roli Adeniyi

Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by rasputinn(m): 7:17am On Oct 27, 2009
mbulela:

for those who are bidding for his wife,it is good to see what you are buying. wink
Roli Adeniyi

Excuse me
Don't be mischievous
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by rasputinn(m): 7:21am On Oct 27, 2009
Hope Anenih will learn from this,as he is thought to be more blatantly corrupt than George,so Tony no matter what your PDP brothers may tell you or whatever assurance they may give you that you should just go ahead and loot the treasuries of NPA for the funding of your party's campaign and tha nothing will happen to you thereafter,you better consider this a warning shot
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ProAnti: 7:21am On Oct 27, 2009
convicted on seven counts for 2 years each.
Convicted on 28 counts for 6 months each.
Sentence to run concurrently.
This is equal to convicted on one count for 2 years.
Mathematically,

Sentence = (7 X 2years) + (28 X 0.5years)
Therefore Sentence = 2years

However,
considering the time already spent in EFCC custody the sentence might actually be shorter. Hence,

Sentence = (2 - pdp) years
Where pdp is the number of years the government would decide to let go.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by mbulela: 7:24am On Oct 27, 2009
rasputinn:

Excuse me
Don't be mischievous

what is mischievous about my ppost?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Libra38: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2009
IT'S 28 YEARS!!!! NOT 2 YEARS.

Pls, follow this link for full detail.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by lawrence83: 8:08am On Oct 27, 2009
I heard 28 years but its concurrently.

I hate that word.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by zuuby(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2009
2 years or 2 days.
A process has been started.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by GeorgeD1(m): 8:37am On Oct 27, 2009
it's not thwe sentencing that matters. the question is, will he serve out the sentence? angry
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ichommy(m): 8:42am On Oct 27, 2009
^^^ you cant buy 2 years at the market ok grin
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Meldrick(m): 8:51am On Oct 27, 2009
These are men that have resolved in their heart to destroy this country. They deserve to rot in jail.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ladi02(m): 9:14am On Oct 27, 2009
I believe this is the perfect time for youths and Nigerians to intense fight against corrupt leaders in our country,

Kudos to the Judge for the courage

THE FIGHT BEGINS!!!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nigerd(m): 9:24am On Oct 27, 2009
I think the year broadcast by NTA was shorten because he Bode form part of those that control the station, NTA says 2 years
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by edwin101: 9:25am On Oct 27, 2009
ladi02:

I believe this is the perfect time for youths and Nigerians to intense fight against corrupt leaders in our country,

Kudos to the Judge for the courage

THE FIGHT BEGINS!!!
            and kudos to festus keyamo for securing a high profile conviction.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by fuke(m): 9:42am On Oct 27, 2009
Compared to the size of the loot, this is a slap on the wrist.

Anyway,  thanks for little mercies. These leeches will now know
   that the laW can catch   up with anyone of them. Even if Bode Gorge
   spends 1 hour in Kirikiri, he will reflect on his past. This is the garrulous
  George who dared EFCC to arrest him. Promptly rhey did and here he is in Kirikiri.

The loot should be confisticated.

By the way where are Ibori and Igbiedon?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ProAnti: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2009
fuke:

Compared to the size of the loot, this is a slap on the wrist.

Anyway, thanks for little mercies. These leeches will now know
that the laW can catch up with anyone of them. Even if Bode Gorge
spends 1 hour in Kirikiri, he will reflect on his past. This is the garrulous
George who dared EFCC to arrest him. Promptly rhey did and here he is in Kirikiri.

The loot should be confisticated.

By the way where are Ibori and Igbiedon?

Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by maddock(m): 9:46am On Oct 27, 2009
Although 2years for 84 billion naira is good enough but at least God for this conviction. Its just a matter of time, i still believe this sleeping giant called Nigeria would soon be roused out of this long sleep. All you looters and destroyers of this country you better WATCH OUT.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:49am On Oct 27, 2009
again, what happens after all this public show? will he serve the sentence?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by otukpo(f): 9:49am On Oct 27, 2009
This is good. At least it is better than plea bargain given to the likes of Lucky Igbinedion. No option of fine, as for now, they are cooling off in kirikiri waiting for what comes out of their appeal.

This proves a point to the critics of madam waziri, SHE IS NOT A TOOTHLESS BULLDOG.

Ribadu cld not do anything to Bode George, now she has done something. Kudos to Justice Oyewole for not giving any option of fine. Bode George wld have said in his mind, "no shaking, nothing dey happen, na we get naija"

Waziri is following due process and rule of Law. A precedence has been set, wait for others that will follow. She is silently doing a lot and wld definitely achieve a lot. Am being optimistic.

Although they wld have also confiscated Bode George's assets acquired while in NPA, but we will get there.

Kudos to madam Waziri, Festus Keyamo and Justice Oyewole.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Remii(m): 9:56am On Oct 27, 2009
Poverty is really a curse, can you imagine some thugs, so called "supporters" dressed in Aso Ebi and were ready to even kill when a man who is one of those responsible for their miserable condition is being sent to jail. where were his own children?
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ladi02(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2009
maddock:

Although 2years for 84 billion naira is good enough but at least God for this conviction. Its just a matter of time, i still believe this sleeping giant called Nigeria would soon be roused out of this long sleep. All you looters and destroyers of this country you better WATCH OUT.

We can not continue to seat and watch and say one day things will change, while it gets worse, creeping into every sector of the country - now our banks involved,
I believe until the day we all decide to seat like rosa parks, we will never walk.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by 55gal(m): 10:00am On Oct 27, 2009
2 and half years only? angry
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ladi02(m): 10:01am On Oct 27, 2009
otukpo:

This is good. At least it is better than plea bargain given to the likes of Lucky Igbinedion. No option of fine, as for now, they are cooling off in kirikiri waiting for what comes out of their appeal.

This proves a point to the critics of madam waziri, SHE IS NOT A TOOTHLESS BULLDOG.

Ribadu cld not do anything to Bode George, now she has done something. Kudos to Justice Oyewole for not giving any option of fine. Bode George wld have said in his mind, "no shaking, nothing dey happen, na we get naija"

Waziri is following due process and rule of Law. A precedence has been set, wait for others that will follow. She is silently doing a lot and wld definitely achieve a lot. Am being optimistic.

Although they wld have also confiscated Bode George's assets acquired while in NPA, but we will get there.

Kudos to madam Waziri, Festus Keyamo and Justice Oyewole.

Madam Waziri didnt have anything to do with this, it was Ribadu that initiated it.i'm sure if she had her way Bode George wont be in Kirikiri now, grin
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Nezan(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2009
^^ Dont you think she could have frustrated the case if she wanted? useless comment.
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by ladi02(m): 10:09am On Oct 27, 2009
Nezan:

^^ Dont you think she could have frustrated the case if she wanted? useless comment.

@Nezan
U need to read more and understand how Bode George landed himself in Jail, an indictment by Ribadu published by a magazine made Bode George sue for libel. Which has now backfired on him

pls get your information right!, Waziri was not involved. We are still reaping the work of Ribadu, I cant count one thing that woman has done since she got there,
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by gift53(f): 10:45am On Oct 27, 2009
just 2 years for N84 BILLION.
If na poor man steal N1 million now, dey go giv am 20 years imprisonment.
nigeria na wah
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by 2old4that(m): 10:46am On Oct 27, 2009
This judgment may even encourage people to embezzle funds o.

If all you get for embezzling N84 billion is a paltry 2 years imprisonment, then why not embezzle?

He may even get someone to serve the term for him.

Exactly!
Or he may even go to prison with his aircondition machine, fridges.
Afterall, 2 years is just around the corner!

It seems our judges are always afraid to handout jail terms to culprits. Its a pity!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by bisiaet: 10:54am On Oct 27, 2009
That is news would that happen? And pls I need to appeal to everybody posting on this site to stop using the word "NIGGAR" or whatever way he put it I can read a particular posting about Bode Goerge and the poster use the word "Niggar" pls let him check what this means well before using it, pls it is highly embarrassing for a black man using that word please fellow readers let be consciuos of what we say or write as a black man to ourselves. I have seen in so many occassion when watching Nigeria TV's hearing some people even singers using the word "Niggar" as a fun pls it's never s fun this is quiet abusive to black race everything is not a fun rather a ridicule. Thanks God bless
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by kokoA(m): 11:06am On Oct 27, 2009
bisiaet:

That is news would that happen? And pls I need to appeal to everybody posting on this site to stop using the word "NIGGAR" or whatever way he put it I can read a particular posting about Bode Goerge and the poster use the word "Niggar" pls let him check what this means well before using it, pls it is highly embarrassing for a black man using that word please fellow readers let be consciuos of what we say or write as a black man to ourselves. I have seen in so many occassion when watching Nigeria TV's hearing some people even singers using the word "Niggar" as a fun pls it's never s fun this is quiet abusive to black race everything is not a fun rather a ridicule. Thanks God bless

And this is suppose to be a contribution to this topic
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Eziachi: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2009
Please myopic Nigerians with short memories please don't celebrate yet. In your country, white always ends up becoming green, just like that. Before you rejoice, just ask yourself where Tafa Balogun or Alams are now? Prison or at home enjoying life? How many months did spent in prison for their crimes?

The next action now is that Bode George and his 4 fellow convicted musketeers had to appeal the judgement as soon as you can think, and then to be defended in court, now in Abuja, the fix it headquarters by 100 Senior Animal of Nigeria (SAN) lawyers.

Some grammar will then be cracked inside the Abuja, And before you realise what hit you, one justice Shikina will find him not guilty or all charges and off he goes home on the presidential jet lift, with OBJ leading a celebrating party of who is who in the roguish kingdom of Nigeria to welcome him back to the fold. Yoruba musician will be falling over themselves in praise singing competition.

Another scenario will be to reduce his sentence to a couple of months and before he step out of court into a prison van, Alhaji Yar Adua will pardon him just in time for him to play his fatherly role of deciding who will run for the governorship for PDP in the entire Yoruba land 2011, not just Lagos. That is how Nigeria works. So keep all your celebration drink chill yet. Some magic work is still to come.

By the way on a lighter note, what on earth and in God's name is this Yoruba man called Bode George and a couple of northerners doing with money for goodness sake? I was meant to believe that only Igbo’s likes money. What are they thinking? The appeal court should check their D.N.A profiles. I think that their mothers must have slept with some Igbo guy years ago, hence this love of money genes in them. HABA!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by 2old4that(m): 11:21am On Oct 27, 2009
Its an act of stealing! One doesnt born a thief, but u can learn how to steal. When one is soaked in a midst of plenty the urge to steal, wanting to accummulate more for yourself comes in, probably for fear of the future.  Seriously, u wonder what one person will be doing such huge amount of money.

Well, to me this judgement doesnt sound surprise. We're probably acting base on Obama's speech in Ghana; were a Port authority chief is corrupt and nothing done about it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/11/obama-ghana-speech-full-t_n_230009.html

Nigeria is like a goat milk, if the Kid doesnt thrust harder it wont come out.  It takes Obama to cry out before we act on it.

What a shame!
Re: Bode George Is Sentenced To 2 Years! Not Enough! by Amjustme: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2009
Two years is too small if he is not refunding the balance.

Secondly, our TV stations shld start programmes in which all persons jailed are aired weekly for all to see that they are truly in dat jail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Humiliates Tinubu - Premium Times / 12 Opposition Parties Back PDP In Enugu As G-5 Governors Express Confidence / Food Looting: Police, NEMA Tighten Security At Warehouses, Malls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.