Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight (7333 Views)

Poll: Do you support people preaching publicly on international flights?

Yes: 24% (28 votes)
No: 75% (86 votes)
This poll has ended

Gospel On Wheels: Beautiful Keke Napep Used For Preaching / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Biatide1: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2009
@ Poster,
I guess the zeal for doing God's work has eaten him up, I envy him. wish I can do that for God someday someday, but I pray the holy spirit gives him direction the next time, I mean he shld ve stopped seeing its sleeping hour, afterall eccl. says, "there is time for every thing under the sun"
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by honsule(m): 8:57am On Oct 29, 2009
people could be very funny.they can't stand his sermon,but a little Aircraft mishap and everybody will be shouting Jesus,Jesus etc they should be happy that sb was even preaching to them. 20-25 minutes sermon would do u a lot of gud than harm
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by ccollins(m): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2009
@biati,i follow ur opinion. And i don't agree with any night vigils making noise.what abt night clubs,mosques e.t.c.don't they make noise in the night.u guyz thinking of hurting sumone doin the work of God are just incurring the wrath of God on ur selves.u call urselves christians and dare think of hurting a fellow who is zealous for God.hmm!
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Biatide1: 9:00am On Oct 29, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

THe pilot for park so that they can all share the grace together, I am sure some clouds would not object.

michelin89:

Why didn't they treat him like Jonah? Yeah push him into the air and wait for a gigantic bird to swallow him up?

crazy pple online, well you guys make me laugh and ease off my stress sometimes grin
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by saydfact(m): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2009
[size=28pt]i just dey laugh since;[/size] , well well, in my opinion, the guy was wrong, he shd learn to obey authorities, dats part of bin a good xtain or muslim, lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by ichommy(m): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2009
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin very FUNNY
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by ud4u: 9:52am On Oct 29, 2009
If there is a law against preaching in the air craft, that law has to be respected because bible encouraged us to obey the law of the land.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by galatico(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2009
I don't support such stuff if it was in a molue fine .
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by pinkylady1(f): 10:13am On Oct 29, 2009
most replies here shows the extent to which people hate the word of God even those that call themselves christains.

i'm not saying the guy was right by insisting he must preach even when he was asked to stop disturbing people but why would you guys suggest

him been thrown out of the plane, that is plain wickedness no matter what his offense is.

like some one said earlier if there is about to be a plane chrash you'll people calling the name of Jesus even those that don't believe in him.

i bet all those condeming preachers of the word of God that one day you'll wish you had served God with whole being and that's if its not late.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by s4: 10:18am On Oct 29, 2009
I think preachers need to add caution to the way they go about preaching. All of us have what is call Human Right and Right To Privace. Because there as not been a public outcry on how they preach in bus, use mic in church or mosque, do house to house precheahing.

Preachers beware.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by sleak(m): 10:42am On Oct 29, 2009
Some NLanders r so quick to jump into dis xtian does dis muslim does dat fight.
the thread raised an incident dat just requires ur opinion on the action if its appropriate or not.
I believe avin a faith is important whether Xtian,muslim,ancestorial,hindu,buddist wateva.proselytizing should be done with decorum.
DAT DUDE WAS WRONG PREACHING ON THE FLIGHT!!
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by cicero(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2009
I dont believe this story
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by MrCrackles(m): 10:46am On Oct 29, 2009
sleak:

Some NLanders r so quick to jump into dis xtian does dis muslim does dat fight.
the thread raised an incident dat just requires your opinion on the action if its appropriate or not.
I believe avin a faith is important whether Xtian,muslim,ancestorial,hindu,buddist wateva.proselytizing should be done with decorum.
DAT DUDE WAS WRONG PREACHING ON THE FLIGHT!!
Thank you. . . .
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by olabowale(m): 10:58am On Oct 29, 2009
@Viaro: « #14 on: Yesterday at 01:52:33 PM »
Me thinks the guy was acting on his own. Sharing the Good News is one thing, arrogantly disturbing people is quite another world. (1)The destiny of any man does not stand or fall upon what that guy did - (2)in fact, if he were thrown off from that flight, his own destiny at that point can't be blamed on anyone else than himself.
Viaro, think hard my man; #1 should remind you and all christians of your reality and Jesus; Jesus is not responsible for your standing or falling. He is not the Lord of you.

#2 further reinforce what the muslims have been saying for over a millenium; if you go to hell, blame yourself for have a wrong belief!
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by scantee(m): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2009
Chai God have mercy on us.
see how every body is comdeming this guys just because he was doing the work of God, assuming that is an entertainer that is entertaining in the flight no body will complain, even the people who claim to be sleeping will surely be awake.
as somebody said before, if the flight seems to crash every body will be shouting Jesus Jesus, who are we before God? dont you know that, that time may be your last chance, any thing can happen any time, we are not the owner of our life, man propose God dispose, please brethren let lean how to respect Gods work, and appreciate people that is doing it, as far as the preacher dose not request for your offering or contribution why are we complain, Gods words can be preached any where any time, stoping Gods work hmm i know you know the consquences.

thanks to you all.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Nezan(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2009
@ olabowale; Jesus is not his Lord? are you now a spokesman for the gods to tell somebody who his Lord is?
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by emiemi(f): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2009
someone said that his act is 'molue parole'
LOL grin grin
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by scantee(m): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2009
angry angry angry angry
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by olabowale(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2009
@Pinky Lady: « #76 on: Today at 10:13:17 AM »  
most replies here shows the extent to which people hate the word of God even those that call themselves christains.

i'm not saying the guy was right by insisting he must preach even when he was asked to stop disturbing people but why would you guys suggest

him been thrown out of the plane, that is plain wickedness no matter what his offense is.

like some one said earlier if there is about to be a plane chrash you'll people calling the name of Jesus even those that don't believe in him.

i bet all those condeming preachers of the word of God that one day you'll wish you had served God with whole being and that's if its not late.
I swear by Allah, I will never call Jesus name for anything, since I dont believe he is no more than a human prophet. I guess you are wrong in your general assumption.

@Viaro; I was intending to type having, because your pseudo-punditsy will make a big scene about a simple matter like that, not been able to read between the line.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by olabowale(m): 11:27am On Oct 29, 2009
@Nezan: « #83 on: Today at 11:09:50 AM »
@ olabowale; Jesus is not his Lord? are you now a spokesman for the gods to tell somebody who his Lord is?
Can you at least read and understand, instead of interpreting? What I wrote is not part of Bible you know. It says exactly what it means to say; the destiny of anyone does not stand or fall on Jesus. Now tell me where you can inject "Lord" into that very statement?

If you say I meant Jesus as his lord or not, then you open a door for which I will say, is father not also his lord, and or is ghost not also his lord, whereby the 3 gods will be the reality of what you are trying to pass off as 1 Lord?

I am begging God Almighty that you do not make big decisions in your place of employment!
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Maykelly(f): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2009
He has not done anything wrong, the Gospel MUST be preached anywhere at all time.

For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 2:11

Deuteronomy 1:17
Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; but ye[b] shall hear the small as well as the great[/b]; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's:
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by Meldrick(m): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2009
Nezan:

I wonder oh.

olabowale:

@Pinky Lady: « #76 on: Today at 10:13:17 AM »  I swear by Allah, I will never call Jesus name for anything, since I dont believe he is no more than a human prophet. I guess you are wrong in your general assumption.

You might choose to call Ayamatanga. You'll surely believe in that.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by bing(m): 11:49am On Oct 29, 2009
"DOING THE RIGHT THING AT THE WRONG TIME AND PLACE" IF HE HAD SHARED TRACKS 4 PEOPLE TO READ THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER,
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by kamalydeen(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2009
that is rubish that is common to the believers na wa ooooo
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by WarfyBoy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2009
the man be never commit crime ooo
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by bebe4u(f): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2009
Jesus Himself insisted we render unto Ceaser what belonged to Ceaser. You must show respect for people and constituted authority. Would you appreciate it if an Ogun worshipper came outside your window every night singing his ritual songs? Would you appreciate a masquerade entering your bus and insisting on steps you must take to be saved?

grin grin grin grin

Honestly the gospel must be preached but it should be done with some decorum so as not to be made a mockery
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by PastorAIO: 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2009
The following is from the 6th chapter of the book of Matthew.
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

There is too much show and display in christianity today. The only thing that you can use to identify a nigerian christian is the amount of noise he or she makes 'in jesus' name'. Using long assed formulas to pray, making a nuisance of themselves, and preaching where it isn't decorum. Take away the noise and all those ostensible things and you'll never be able to tell they are christians from the lives they live. They speak arrogantly, They care not for the well being of others. They lie, they steal, and they indulge in corruption persistently and vigorously.

I believe that everybody should be judged by his own standard. Jesus himself said that the standard that you use to judge others is what will be used to judge you. Well the standard of christianity says that it is by their fruits you should know them not by how many miracles they do in his name or how loudly they use megaphone to should 'lord, lord'. So they cannot hide behind christianity and say they are doing what christ instructed because it clearly states that Christ is against all what they are doing.

The Apostles preached to people on a personal basis. They preached to individuals, they preached to families and households. When they preached publicly it was in public places designated for public speaking. Like in Athens when Paul spoke to the Athenians, it was in a specially designated place where people came to share their ideas.

Me, I believe that all noisemaking churches should be shut down after a number of warnings.
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by kingchild(m): 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
may THE EYES OF OUR UNDERSTANDING BE FLOODED WITH LIGHT SO DAT WE CAN KNOW THE HEIGHT, THE DEPTH ,THE WIDTH OF HIS LOVE FOR US IN THAT HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE A SHAMEFUL DEATH,
IN ORDER THAT OUR SOUL MAY BE SALVAGE FROM HELL.  LORD HAVE MERCY!

remember i say , our  soul, not our body, our body being mortal wrestle wrestle with our soul being immortal for supremacy.to whose call will you obey?

from the responses i have gotten here today, it has further strengthenes my belief of the fact that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER B4 HIS DEATH AFTER WHICH I BACAME HIS BROTHER, I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU?

he said narrow is the way that lead to eternal life and few  are they that walk therein
but broad is the way that lead to eternel destruction and many are they taht walk therein

see the number of responses that wanted the poor preacher taht brings good tiding to a nation{ you} without GOD and without direction,. but you like the people of old unto jesus your shout his crucify him

thank GOD the only people that are to be crucified have been crucified.
jesus said happy are ye when men prosecute you for my sake for yours is the kingdom of my FATHER. CAN YOU GET THE ANTONYM OF THIS SENTENCE FOR THE PROSECUTORS.
GOD HAVE MERCY,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by kingchild(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
may THE EYES OF OUR UNDERSTANDING BE FLOODED WITH LIGHT SO DAT WE CAN KNOW THE HEIGHT, THE DEPTH ,THE WIDTH OF HIS LOVE FOR US IN THAT HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE A SHAMEFUL DEATH,
IN ORDER THAT OUR SOUL MAY BE SALVAGE FROM HELL.  LORD HAVE MERCY!

remember i say , our  soul, not our body, our body being mortal wrestle wrestle with our soul being immortal for supremacy.to whose call will you obey?

from the responses i have gotten here today, it has further strengthenes my belief of the fact that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER B4 HIS DEATH AFTER WHICH I BACAME HIS BROTHER, I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU?

he said narrow is the way that lead to eternal life and few  are they that walk therein
but broad is the way that lead to eternel destruction and many are they taht walk therein

see the number of responses that wanted the poor preacher taht brings good tiding to a nation{ you} without GOD and without direction,. but you like the people of old unto jesus your shout his crucify him

thank GOD the only people that are to be crucified have been crucified.
jesus said happy are ye when men prosecute you for my sake for yours is the kingdom of my FATHER. CAN YOU GET THE ANTONYM OF THIS SENTENCE FOR THE PROSECUTORS.
GOD HAVE MERCY,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by collide: 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2009
grin can u sell gala on a plane?
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by olabowale(m): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2009
@Mildrick: « #89 on: Today at 11:30:56 AM »
I wonder oh
wonder not, because the truth is what i wrote; i never said anything about Lord or God. you people should try to think, sometimes.

You might choose to call Ayamatanga. You'll surely believe in that.
whats that?
Re: Man Insists On Preaching The Gospel On British Airways Flight by dramenda(f): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2009
BASKET MOUTH WAN OPEN MOUTH AGAIN O,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Watched Mount Zion Film Lately? / Appreciate Your Pastors!! / Let's Pray For The Nigerian Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.