Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland (55947 Views)

Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) / Obasanjo Saluting The Corpse Of Murtala Mohammed (Throwback Photo) / Corpse Of Godspower Umejuru Ake Arrives Rivers State House Of Assembly. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by folu4real(f): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
Vanity upon vanity

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Onyenna(m): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
damola311:
Ameachi the saint

Lmaooo!
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by CandyDiamond(f): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
I thought they are not Igbos, Eze umuapka of Ogbaland.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 4:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
fmlala:

Generally, most ethnic groups from Rivers State use "Eze" as their traditional title so, don't be jealous when you see that again.

Not most. Just the Igbo/Igboid ones, ie Ekpeye( Ahoada East and West), Ikwerre,Etche, Oyigbo, Ndoni, Egbema, Ogba.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by olaskul(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
This is always the END no matter who you are its an inevitable. Gbam
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by wellmax(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
TippyTop:
How many people are going to die cause of Amaechi's ambition to be "king" of Rivers Politics?

and who said this man died because of Ameachi. The way some people reason ehn?
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
CandyDiamond:
I thought they are not Igbos, Eze umuapka of Ogbaland.

Ogba people don't see themselves as Igbos. They believe they are Bini descendants.

Though they once had a pan Igboist leader in late Eze Ogbuehi Francis Ellah. He even once represented Ndiigbo in national conference.
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2008/apr/282.html
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Rapuru14: 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Funnicator:
Eze of Ogbaland?

Nonsense. How can there be an Eze in Rivers state. Igbo has nothing to do with Rivers state.

OP, change your title.
Ndo ooo
Chai osugbuo ya oo

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by passyhansome(m): 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
MandingoXXX:
[s]That motherfvcker doesn't look like he is dead. Wait, let me take a close look.[/s]

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by CandyDiamond(f): 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

Ogba people don't see themselves as Igbos. They believe they are Bini descendants.

Though they once had a pan Igboist leader in late Eze Ogbuehi Francis Ellah. He even once represented Ndiigbo in national conference.
Why are they bearing Igbo names,the same market days as Igbos and they speak Igbo. They need to examine their Bini descendants issue because Bini people don't bear Igbo names and they don't speak igbo they speak Bini,eshan,etc

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Judking: 4:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity
RIP baba
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 4:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
CandyDiamond:

Why are they bearing Igbo names,the same market days as Igbos and they speak Igbo. They need to examine their Bini descendants issue because Bini people don't bear Igbo names and they don't speak igbo they speak Bini,eshan,etc

It's the aftermath of the Civil war that Ndiigbo lost.

Precolonial Igboland had no central leadership, each clan saw itself as a distinct entity from the next.

The unification of all Igbo speaking clans had not yet reached it's advanced stage when the civil war occurred.
The FG capitalized on the fractions inherent in the Igbo unification to balkanize oil bearing Igbo clans from the rest of the Igbo mainland.

They achieved this by empowering centrifugal forces within these groups, so much that they overpowered and outnumbered the centripetal ones. Men like Francis Ellah who stood for Igbo unity in Ogbaland soon found themselves in the minority and were even regarded as Igbo agents working against Ogbaland for selfish political aims by their Ogba people.
The dearth of real leadership in SE also worsened the entire situation. As no concrete long term plan was ever made to reintegrate these groups strategically into the Igbo nation.

The end result is that Ogba is Igbo speaking, but is not Igbo.

They will tell you that Igbos forced Igbo language on them, even when there are no evidence of dead Bini language in Ogbaland.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
Funnicator:
Eze of Ogbaland?

Nonsense. How can there be an Eze in Rivers state. Igbo has nothing to do with Rivers state.

OP, change your title.
Afonja you don run come this side grin grin grin grin You are really pained grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by amursdoo: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
Arrant Nonsense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If una Talk Say una no be Igbo, Then leave our tradition Alone Biko kwa

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by ikotun1987(m): 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
RIP
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by GodIsFoolish: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

Bini descendants who forgot their culture/tradition and language then embrace Igbo culture/tradition and language

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
ever811:
....what's the eze doing with eye glasses?.

i wonder o
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by papaT5(m): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
Amaechi should go nd clear himself of d corrupt charges hanging on his neck first
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by gidgiddy: 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
How can a people claim to be Bini decendants but speak Igbo and have Igbo surname?

Even if they claim Igbos forced the language on them, did Igbo force them to change their Bini surnames too?

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by EternalTruths: 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

gidgiddy:
How can a people claim to be Bini decendants but speak Igbo and have Igbo surname?
Even if they claim Igbos forced the language on them, did Igbo force them to change their Bini surnames too?
GodIsFoolish:

Bini descendants who forgot their culture/tradition and language then embrace Igbo culture/tradition and language

They are deceiving themselves that they are not Igbos

Even the late king bear an Igbo name with an Igbo title

Bini ko Bini ni

When their oil wells dry up, they will start claiming Igbos

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by LUV1: 5:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
Really we should all remember there is aday we shall all stand before the judgement throne of God to render account to him.That is while Jesus die for us to redeem us from dealth that is hellfire. Jesus is lord
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by MrCounselor: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
Rip
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
EternalTruths:

They are deceiving themselves that they are not Igbos

Even the late king bear an Igbo name with an Igbo title

Bini ko Bini ni

When their oil well dry up, they will start claiming Igbos

You don't force ethnicity on people. You just let them be. Ethnicity demands loyalty and sense of kinship. These people loyalty is towards Bini, their Igbo names bearing kings visit Bini from time to time to pay homage to Bini speaking Oba of Bini.They have no iota of sense of kinship towards SE nor any atom of Loyalty towards us.

Better believe it that these people have more hatred for the SE than they have for SW or the North.

They are not worth the trouble. Just let them be for now. cool

http://ogbakingdom.com/historic-visit/

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by EternalTruths: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

You don't force ethnicity on people. You just let them be. Ethnicity demands loyalty and sense of kinship. These people loyalty is towards Bini, their Igbo names bearing kings visit Bini from time to time to pay homage.They have no iota of sense of kinship towards SE nor any atom of Loyalty towards us.

Better believe it that these people have more hatred for the SE than they have for SW or the North.

They are not worth the trouble. Just let them be.

I am not doubting you. In short you are right but I can vow that when their oil wells dry up, these set of traitors will remember whom they are

Can we bet over it.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2016
EternalTruths:

I am not doubting you. In short you are right but I can vow that when their oil wells dry up, these set of traitors will remember whom they are

Can we bet over it.

Do you really think so?

Oyigbo has Oil, yet are proud Igbos.
Ika has no oil, yet the "We be Bini" story there is stronger than kiliwi wachukwu.

It will take more than just their oil drying up to reconcile these people back to the fold.

Though I believe that the Post 1970 oil politics of the FG played a big role in their current psyche.

It will take a strong leadership in SE, whose single aim is the unification of all Igbo speaking clans under one realm. This leadership must be a progressive forward looking one.
I'm yet to see one.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by fortunechy(m): 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
judge awaits him nw........everyone shld repent

1 Like

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by steppin: 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Igboid:

Do you really think so?

Oyigbo has Oil, yet are proud Igbos.
Ika has no oil, yet the "We be Bini" story there is stronger than kiliwi wachukwu.

It will take more than just their oil drying up to reconcile these people back to the fold.

Though I believe that the Post 1970 oil politics of the FG played a big role in their current psyche.

It will take a strong leadership in SE, whose single aim is the unification of all Igbo speaking clans under one realm. This leadership must be a progressive forward looking one.
I'm yet to see one.
Lol @ We be Bini" story there is stronger than kiliwi Nwachukwu.. I nearly fall for ground.
Bros, you be old man o!
I still remember that book.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by MYGFGSGH: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
How can there be an Oba in Lagos,kwara,kogi state. Yoruba has nothing to do with them. How far? quote author=Funnicator post=50580292]Eze of Ogbaland?

OP, change your title.[/quote]
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by deolu2000(m): 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
No matter who you are,when you see or hear of death, you will definately feel remorseful knowing fully well that one day it shall be ones turn. May God be with the family of the deceased
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by ellovee(m): 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
How many languages are there in rivers state? Don't speak ignorantly
Funnicator:
Eze of Ogbaland?

OP, change your title.
Re: Amaechi & His Wife See Corpse Of Ake, Eze Umuakpa Of Ogbaland by Igboid: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
steppin:

Lol @ We be Bini" story there is stronger than kiliwi Nwachukwu.. I nearly fall for ground.
Bros, you be old man o!
I still remember that book.

Haha! Still in my twenties o! grin
Grew up with my now late old grandfather, it kinda rubbed off on me, I mean the old people talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hon. Benji Ojietu Catches Bush Meat (Photos) / Man Refuses To Give Hausa-Fulani Beggar Money Because Of Buhari / Aerial View Of Atiku's Presidential Rally In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.