Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (100294 Views)

Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2019
ogbongenet:
Noiler is never related to any of broiler or cockerel ,they are from a different parent stock.if truly they come from broiler and cockerel you would have seen many companies producing noiler by now but till date it's only from Amo farm alone . You have to book at least 4 months before they can supply you. Don't get it twisted

Noiler is a hybrid of broiler and cockerel, thus, share desired traits of both broiler and cockerel; while The Kuroiler chicken is an hybrid between: either White Leghorn roosters with Rhode Island Red hens, or colored broiler roosters crossed with Rhode Island Red hens.

I called Amo farms in 2017 and they told me, its a cross between an arbor acre and a male isa brown chicken. Why others are not producing the chicks might be due to patent issues or even poor performance of the noiler compared to the broiler.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by pheonixdld2(m): 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2019
Not common, but I have a feed shop I get from in Kubwa, Abuja. They even have a warehouse and always have in stock.
EMMAACHILE:

Good. Rico Gado still available there?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by ogbongenet: 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2019
Amo was just deceiving you,its a secret they will not share with anyone..if you know how much Amo is raking from noiler sales alone , if it's so easy the way you said it ,more than 10 farms would have join them . I'm in the industry I know what I'm saying.
EMMAACHILE:

Noiler is a hybrid of broiler and cockerel, thus, share desired traits of both broiler and cockerel; while The Kuroiler chicken is an hybrid between: either White Leghorn roosters with Rhode Island Red hens, or colored broiler roosters crossed with Rhode Island Red hens.

I called Amo farms in 2017 and they told me, its a cross between an arbor acre and a male isa brown chicken. Why others are not producing the chicks might be due to patent issues or even poor performance of the noiler compared to the broiler.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by dotunibrahim7(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Thank you bossman for sharing your experience here, I learnt alot. I am an Animal science student...please what did you study?...and these noiler breeds is their egg fertilized and hatchable?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2019
dotunibrahim7:
Thank you bossman for sharing your experience here, I learnt alot. I am an Animal science student...please what did you study?...and these noiler breeds is their egg fertilized and hatchable?
They are hatchable and fertilized if the female mates.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by NativeChicken: 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hello All. Had to go thru this thread b4 making any input. I must say its been very enriching.
Firstly, i think Noilers & Kuroiler farming might be the next big thing if properly harnessed.
These are my thoughts:-
1. Can they reach 2kg in 8 to 10 weeks? Especially the males
2. Can i tweak their feeding with Agro waste like chaff & bloodmeal from abbatoirs, restaurant waste, semi free range, sprouting/fodder etc to achieve this goal?
3. Can i seperate d males from d females at say 6weeks. Use d males for meat n keep females for eggs since they lay quite impressively?
4. Can i start hatching my own chicks using the females? This will at least ensure sustainability & stop dependency on these shylock companies.

We the average unemployed Nigerian youth need to start thinking in these lines to empower ourselves.
1 carton of 51 Noiler chicks might just be the magic!
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by adelurv(f): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
Best thread on poultry so far...

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nemma(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2020
EMMAACHILE, thanks for sharing your experience(s). I can't believe I read the thread from the very first page to the last. Its such an eye opener and quite interesting. My OT about poultry farming is now different and I may start one any time soon.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
Nemma:
EMMAACHILE, thanks for sharing your experience(s). I can't believe I read the thread from the very first page to the last. Its such an eye opener and quite interesting. My OT about poultry farming is now different and I may start one any time soon.

adelurv:
Best thread on poultry so far...
You are welcome
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by olushowunm(m): 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
Why is noiler chick's getting expensive?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 17, 2020
olushowunm:
Why is noiler chick's getting expensive?
Demand. Its not worth the hype and current price.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Willie2015: 2:47pm On Feb 17, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

I agree with you...
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by johndal: 10:31pm On Feb 19, 2020
Willie2015:

I'm an experienced noiler farmer and we do sell dayold regularly at a good price that will help anyone kickstart their Noiler or poultry farm.

We are price friendly.

Noiler shouldn't be this expensive because it main aim is to eradicate poverty and help small start ups.

I will be willing to assist and supply every young and existing start up with Noiler interest.

Thank you.
I agree with you...
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by RichardKajola(m): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

i have read the thread, i must say thumbs up to you sir for taking your time to take us through us the entire process.

it seems it isn't adviceable for one to to go into egg production business using noiler? is layers better?

am saying so perhaps the noiler has changed cause this thread was written about 3 yrs ago

any other knowledgeable person can answer because I want to go into the business
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Grucho1(m): 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
[quote author=RichardKajola post=88266344] Richard na u be this?�accountant turn bizman
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by West2North(m): 9:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
EMMAACHILE you are doing a great job here.

I intend to start my own poultry farm soon. Location has been sorted.

I need to know if I can raise 100Layers for egg production? Is this profitable?

I plan to keep another 50Layers for hatching chicks on the farm. How do I do this? What breed of male is able to fertilize the eggs in the Layers so they can be fit for the incubator? I'm asking because I have never heard of male Layers
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 3:08am On Jul 30, 2020
West2North:
EMMAACHILE you are doing a great job here.

I intend to start my own poultry farm soon. Location has been sorted.

I need to know if I can raise 100Layers for egg production? Is this profitable?

I plan to keep another 50Layers for hatching chicks on the farm. How do I do this? What breed of male is able to fertilize the eggs in the Layers so they can be fit for the incubator? I'm asking because I have never heard of male Layers
Layers are hybrids. You cant use them for hatching. The only thing you know is a breeder stock if you want to be hatching.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by West2North(m): 9:50am On Jul 30, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Layers are hybrids. You cant use them for hatching. The only thing you know is a breeder stock if you want to be hatching.

Thank you for the insightful response
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by RichardKajola(m): 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2020
[quote author=Grucho1 post=92234946][/quote]

Toh wetin pesin go do
Like say I know you somewhere
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Grucho1(m): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
RichardKajola:

Toh wetin pesin go do
Like say I know you somewhere
....one man..Abuja hostel dat yr...no call ma name here ooo....u dey into poultry ne?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by RichardKajola(m): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Grucho1:
....one man..Abuja hostel dat yr...no call ma name here ooo....u dey into poultry ne?

Yes oo

Your pic no dey, so I no fit recall
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Grucho1(m): 11:53am On Aug 07, 2020
RichardKajola:

Yes oo

Your pic no dey, so I no fit recall
....i no want identify mysef here...Katings friend wey change dept
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by safarifarms(m): 5:09am On Sep 25, 2020
Can noiler hens lay as much eggs as isa brown layer birds?
Someone I know claims it lays even more and I can't find any confirmation to that online or elsewhere.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kaycino(m): 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
safarifarms:
Can noiler hens lay as much eggs as isa brown layer birds?
Someone I know claims it lays even more and I can't find any confirmation to that online or elsewhere.
more than mine has been laying for 2 months now..6 eggs a week
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by unity004(m): 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2020
Good afternoon house, my 20 noilers are 4months and 2weeks old today. last month I traveled out of town and left them for my bro but he didn't feed them well, they are all light and weightless. will they regain their weights back if i start overfeeding them? cause I am targeting xmas, thanks.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by judeolokor(m): 1:18am On May 03, 2021
jaasiel:
Hi Emmaachile,
I have been following your post for a while now and will like to encourage you. I rear noilers too but eat/sold off some of the cocks. They actually taste good and also fetched considerable amount of money( so;d the cocks at N2,000/bird @ 16 weeks. I kept all the hens for egg production and to my surprise i get 100% (yes 100%) hen day production. No need for debeaking but there exist brooding tendencies.Plan to go commercial next year. I think they are the next big thing in poultry production considering the rising cost of feed.
All the best.
how often or intervals do the female noilers lay their eggs
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by judeolokor(m): 1:19am On May 03, 2021
kaycino:
more than mine has been laying for 2 months now..6 eggs a week
pls don't mind me.asking how.many of the female noilers do u have that lays six eggs weekly
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by MostWanted007(m): 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2021

I advise you don't use grower. Some of us supplement with other nutrients like soybeans and co

Best bet for noilers will be
0-30 days= broiler starter
31days-84 days =broiler finisher

But someone told me that after Starter I should go for pellets.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by MostWanted007(m): 5:18am On Dec 16, 2021
I introduced sharp sand today to replace saw dust. Saw dust is not too good in use for poultry bedding. Wood chippings very scarce in Lokoja.

Sharp sand can be reused again and again. See below photos

Sharp sand can be reused? How please?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by NativeChicken: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
MostWanted007:

Sharp sand can be reused? How please?
Just pack it out and wash thoroughly with water
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Babakolanut(m): 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Pls what is the total costs to get 100noilers delivered to Ibadan now? Update me how to order via whatsapp +2349034612092
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by LivingTribunal: 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2023
Learned alot here

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster? / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.