Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,110 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Love Hurts : A Lot - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Hurts : A Lot (1507 Views)

Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single / Love Hurts!! 4 Things You Must NEVER Do After A Break Up / Which Statement Hurts The Most In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Hurts : A Lot by Lush: 7:17pm On Jan 02, 2007

, so you put all your love into a relationship and years down the line, its all over! What, you may ask, happened? Well, i'm not going into the specifics but the scenario is, none of us did anything wrong. In fact, we love each to bits, no fights, no arguments, just a relationship dreams are made of, not until family interference reared its ugly head. Bottom line, it sucks, i blame everyone and no one! Might not make sense but thats the way i feel. Thinking about it hurts, trying to move on hurts, the best part of the day is sleeping but even that is ruined with dreams of what i had.

There are guys out there who would say, dude, move on, you're not the only one it has happened to. Others would say, so why're you acting like a cry baby! Far from it, i dont need sympathy, probably just an outlet for voicing my feelings. There're also girls out there who have been through similar experiences and know what it feels like. The thing is we're all alike, male or female, and therefore will react to love the same way. Lets just say, trying to start afresh is scary, you start asking yourself, what if the same thing happens? Where will i find someone like him/her? How do i start dating again? Why does love , hurt a lot?
Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by Dvampire(m): 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2007
it hurts so that we will have experience on how to handle situations with other people.

1 Like

Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by Pain(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2007
Look For " Let It Go" By TD Jakes.
Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by ell77(f): 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2007
Dvampire:

it hurts so that we will have experience on how to handle situations with other people.

That's a good point.

Anyway, I think it is because if you truly love someone you give a part of yourself to them, you allow yourself to be vulnerable, when you are in a loving relationship the two of you own each others happiness. Remember when something did not work out the way you wanted, your loved one is the person you run to for comfort, your emotional crutch. When you feel down, they are there for you, when you feel high it is usually down to them. When that person is no longer your other half they appear to take your happiness with you. They knew just what to say and just what to do to make you happy, which in itself was an acquired skill. It takes time to get to that level with anyone and this is what we call 'love'. You are scared there may be noone else up to the challenge, who can bother to understand all you need and give it to you. You are scared at the time it will take to find someone willing and then teach them to love you. Love doesn't come easy, that's why it is hard to let go of it when you find it.

One thing is for sure though, if you have courage and exercise patience you will love and be loved again. I am sure you are already loved by family members, let them be your emotional crutch (whatever part they played in your relationship), afterall not everyone has family to love them so you still have more than some.

Chin up son, move on.

1 Like

Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by OgaMadam(f): 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2007
Time heals everything.
Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2007
We've been there and back brother and i tell you its not so easy to just "move on" as most people will be quick to suggest to you. I thought i had the perfect relationship until family interference (reference mine!) interrupted it. I would say with a benefit of hindsight now that i handled the situation foolishly as i allowed my folks to direct the relationship from day 1! I still cant help thinking about what might have been if i had been a bit more mature then. . . but you know "moving on" is real, she's moved on now.

Love hurts but like an earlier poster oppined, we go through such experiences that later in life we may be stronger and better equiped to handle other challenges that the future throws at us. Now my family find themselves almost shut out of my relationships because of that singular experience.

Grow up, move on, you will find even better ladies after her. The problem is as long as you keep holding on to the memory of yesterday you wont start living in today. I cant count how many times i've "fallen in love" only to spend half the time wishing it was the other girl!!!

You cant get her back. leave her and move on!! It was not until 4 months ago or so that i finally spoke to her for the last time and let everything go after more than a yr after we broke up.

Life dey my boy, throw urself back into some sort of activity, work, sports, new friends, anything to get your mind off and soon you'll be back on your feet. cheerio!
Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by Lush: 12:10am On Jan 03, 2007

I suppose you guys are right and the wound will eventually heal until its nothing more than a dull ache. Its at times like these that one goes to destroy his entire love song collection wink No wonder Neyo's song was all about being sick of listening to love songs, dude must have had it rough. I'm actually terrified of dating again! embarassedAnyhoo, i've now formally started accepting applications from girls. Please feel free to download the form from ukvisas.org, fill and enclose the required fee before dropping at any UPS office grin Just kidding but i am grateful, that i am, for each and everybody's input. Cheerio

Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by OgaMadam(f): 12:13am On Jan 03, 2007
No sweat matey.

I know how you feel. At least for me, im at a point were i feel that dull ache, and its the best place to come after working thru so much drama and trauma.

I m beginning to look up again, and feel more positive about living again. I will try and fly again - even though i fell before.

I just pray for my baby, that God must take care of him please.

Before if you asked me to hear the words "its over" i'd literally sweat. Now im like, its ok.

It happens. So keep up that hill, after getting to the top, it only gets easier as you go down.

Take care bruv.
Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by Beautygyal(f): 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2007
@lush yeh i get wat u mean now, but i no that wateva has happend is for a reason and that trash u've bn thru will b turned into Gold wink stay cool
Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by Lush: 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2007
Beautygyal:

@lush yeh i get what u mean now, but i no that whatever has happend is for a reason and that trash u've bn through will b turned into Gold wink stay cool

I'm trying to undecided. Colourful way of describing it though "trash" grin, thanks.
Re: Love Hurts : A Lot by Beautygyal(f): 10:51pm On Jan 06, 2007
Lush:

I'm trying to undecided. Colourful way of describing it though "trash" grin, thanks.

lol don't worry u'll get over it!! wink

(1) (Reply)

Love Or Comfort? Pls Help! / Before And After Marriage: Why Do Men Change 4 Bad? / The Girl I Loved Most Broke My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.