Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,587 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978401 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 9:02am On Feb 24, 2017
Hello,,Please i am also using Houston North west and doctor Xydas but the quote i got from the hospital for pediatrician is more than 400 dollars o.Kindly also forward me your pediatricians contact when you get it please.

titileps:
I am yet to get the paediatrician's contact. A friend used him. Will forward as soon as I get it. Staying with a family. When are you travelling? (quote author=ODBae post=53987951]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tytmed: 10:25am On Feb 24, 2017
Shawbabe:
From my observations, seems no one is going to ATL any more. Na wa o.....any Atlanta bound mama?

I'm atl bound oh. In July.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 10:32am On Feb 24, 2017
titileps:
I am yet to get the paediatrician's contact. A friend used him. Will forward as soon as I get it. Staying with a family. When are you travelling? (quote author=ODBae post=53987951]

I don't think this ur paedritician story is authentic cos u are not allowed to bring ur paedritician from outside. Maybe it's after discharge u are talking about.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tytmed: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2017
Chanbaby:

I don't think this ur paedritician story is authentic cos u are not allowed to bring ur paedritician from outside. Maybe it's after discharge u are talking about.

You don't have to use a pediatrician at the hospital. You can get one that is affiliated with the hospital just like your dr is. I did that when I had my baby in 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 11:07am On Feb 24, 2017
Do you mean Houston Northwest? I don't think they allow outside padeatrician
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 11:12am On Feb 24, 2017
[quote author=Janet101 post=54007740][/quote]
Hi janet101 congrats on ur visa. Pls when are u leaving for el paso? Im also elpaso bound. Will like us to connect.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 11:32am On Feb 24, 2017
Congrats on ur visa

quote author=Janet101 post=54007602]22/02/2017....

My great nairaland family I have come with my testimony. I got my visa approved in Lagos embassy
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Janet101(f): 11:38am On Feb 24, 2017
baeboss:

Hi janet101 congrats on ur visa. Pls when are u leaving for el paso? Im also elpaso bound. Will like us to connect.

First week in April

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Janet101(f): 11:39am On Feb 24, 2017
drfdee:
Congrats on ur visa

quote author=Janet101 post=54007602]22/02/2017....

My great nairaland family I have come with my testimony. I got my visa approved in Lagos embassy

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Dear nairaland family, just what is a testimony? I get confused with all the religious verbiage on here.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by titileps: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
Of course it's after discharge. If your baby does not need NICU care I don't think you need a pediatrician. Babies are moved to Nursery after birth. Then you can take your child to see a pediatrician later. But if you want to use the hospital'so pediatrician, you will still have to schedule an appointment with them after birth. our babies will be healthy by God's grace. So there won't be need of using the hospital's ped

Chanbaby:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2017
titileps
post=54014814:

Of course it's after discharge. If your baby does not need NICU care I don't think you need a pediatrician. Babies are moved to Nursery after birth. Then you can take your child to see a pediatrician later. But if you want to use the hospital'so pediatrician, you will still have to schedule an appointment with them after birth. our babies will be healthy by God's grace. So there won't be need of using the hospital's ped

All New born will be seen by a pediatrician even when transferred to the Nursery or Nicu.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chiprettie: 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
Dollar is 430 today! Good news... hope it crashes further!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsDenise: 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
chiprettie:

Jesus is Lord!
Apostle must hear of this!!!

Pls where did u get this quote?
*dancing etighi*

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chiprettie: 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
MsDenise:

Jesus is Lord!
Apostle must hear of this!!!

Pls where did u get this quote?
*dancing etighi*
Newspaper review and I called several Bdcs, abokissss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
titileps:

Nope. U are wrong. You have to understand all the steps for this project so u dont get there and face bills.

All newborns are seen by a pediatrician. She meant getting one from outside the hospital schedule that day but affiliated with the hospital. Then it'll be cheaper. That's what I did with my first baby. And I paid $120 against the $1000 the hospital would charge if they give you one themselves.

Note when u get admitted for labor, you have to fill your pediatrician's info and contact on your admission form so they call him/her when baby is born, unless they'll give you one on call that night and bill you high.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
tytmed:

I'm atl bound oh. In July.

I for don return since by July grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2017
titileps:

I am due late May. This one that you are staying for 6 weeks. HIan! Thought you can't travel after 36 weeks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iamnikky69: 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hi nairalanders, please what's ur opinion about being denied a visa in abuja and going to Lagos for the next interview? Please help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
iamnikky69:
Hi nairalanders, please what's ur opinion about being denied a visa in abuja and going to Lagos for the next interview? Please help a sister

In my humble opinion i don't see anything wrong with it. Some people have tried it here in times past and it worked for them,so why not you try it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by titileps: 3:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
Thanks for the information. I have not given birth in the USA before. That is good though. Meaning that the "first
Visit" will be at the hospital. It's okay. Provision for extra cash is in place. I've been reading of many people getting crazy bills. So I am ready for them. I sha will not use the hospital's pediatrician of 675USD

Shawbabe:

Nope. U are wrong. You have to understand all the steps for this project so u dont get there and face bills.

All newborns are seen by a pediatrician. She meant getting one from outside the hospital schedule that day but affiliated with the hospital. Then it'll be cheaper. That's what I did with my first baby. And I paid $120 against the $1000 the hospital would charge if they give you one themselves.

Note when u get admitted for labor, you have to fill your pediatrician's info and contact on your admission form so they call him/her when baby is born, unless they'll give you one on call that night and bill you high.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2017
@ titileps & Shawbabe.

Does Houston Northwest Medical Center accepts an outside pediatrician? Please help clarify.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 4:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
chiprettie:

400 in Hilton abuja!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2017
Either your doctor or hospital will usually give a list of Pediatricians registered with the hospital to choose from.
The person or who ever is on call for him will attend to your baby at time of birth.
After both of you are discarded I believe is the time you can go looking for another doctor for your baby.
But if you already have a Pediatrician not affliatted with the hospital then it is wise you asked the hospital if they will let the person be there at baby birth and also attend to baby.
As for prizes what you get in the quotes are base line but if there are other treatments given then expect higher bill more than quoted but they will always tell you why by giving you itemized list of all they did.

idonhear:
@ titileps & Shawbabe.

Does Houston Northwest Medical Center accepts an outside pediatrician? Please help clarify.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 5:57pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hello house, please do I need SSN for birth certificate and also what application do we fill the 4 /5 zeros for? Also hope filling the zeros doesnt affect anything on documentation?

Am currently at Odessa and the hospital told me the BC will be ready after i receive the SSN card and i have learnt that can take up to 3 to 4 weeks from the thread.

Abeg, will appreciate any info with the documentation processing urgently. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Janet101(f): 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2017
baeboss:

When are u leaving please?can we chat privately
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by passionantchica: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
400? Wowza!
I saw for 450 today and was thinking it was a good deal.
mumzt:

400 in Hilton abuja!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by passionantchica: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
Meanwhile, banks are giving PTA now, and no need for Tax clearance anymore. I got 2k today.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsc22: 6:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hello Mums!!!
I want to birth my baby in the US. My interview date is in March. Please what do i need to know. I am using oakbend, houston. Dr F. My hubby and I are going to going for interview together. I hv travelled to 3countries; hubby: UK. We r both entrepreneurs. Hus company acc is wat we r using (my friend used her hubby company acc before). I am just wandering why everyone is saying go alone... or they went alone. I am scared. Please is there any advantage of going alone?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2017
passionantchica:
Meanwhile, banks are giving PTA now, and no need for Tax clearance anymore. I got 2k today.

Why 2k,did you apply for 4k and got 2k?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 6:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
I was denied in Abj wit Dh. We went a month later to Lagos and we were given
iamnikky69:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mrsc22:
Hello Mums!!!
I want to birth my baby in the US. My interview date is in March. Please what do i need to know. I am using oakbend, houston. Dr F. My hubby and I are going to going for interview together. I hv travelled to 3countries; hubby: UK. We r both entrepreneurs. Hus company acc is wat we r using (my friend used her hubby company acc before). I am just wandering why everyone is saying go alone... or they went alone. I am scared. Please is there any advantage of going alone?

They advice you to apply alone so that your husband will act as your tie to home,that being said husband and wife have been known to apply together and were both given,so flow with your mind.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.