Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom (9983 Views)

Fayose Ties Wrapper To Present Car Keys To Best Teachers In Ekiti / Fayose Begins Distribution Of 5000 Eye Glasses To Ekiti People With Eyes Problem / Fayose Gives Cash And Cars To Teachers In Ekiti (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by Trybes(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
Why conduct the recruitment if they weren't going to employ. Sad news for those that were optimistic. They don't even care how they'd live without a job... Black man clear your conscience.

1 Like

Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by imoowo(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
Udom don fall my hand, i supported him. what is fifty thousand a month that u can pay those workers
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by imoowo(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
Mr. Udom before doing this did u think about 2019, think again pls employ those teachers, think u just lost 5000 votes and more votes
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by ib2015: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
I wish most people would get the facts about that useless recruitment before killing the governor.
Its a good thing it has been cancelled because the recruitment was done badly 2yrs ago. There are hundreds of graduates who were given recruitment letters over 2yrs ago without a school given and no salaries paid.
They always hold prayer meetings at the amphi theatre at plaza monthly....ask first and dont condemn.
If anyone is to be blamed for this...Godswill Akpabio and that yeye commisioner of Education at the time.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by rottenegg: 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
ib2015:
I wish most people would get the facts about that useless recruitment before killing the governor.
Its a good thing it has been cancelled because the recruitment was done badly 2yrs ago. There are hundreds of graduates who were given recruitment letters over 2yrs ago without a school given and no salaries paid.
They always hold prayer meetings at the amphi theatre at plaza monthly....ask first and dont condemn.
If anyone is to be blamed for this...Godswill Akpabio and that yeye commisioner of Education at the time.

Very true. Seen them holding prayers there often over this recruitment saga. Finally its been cancelled. I hope Udom does a proper recruitment for them.
God dey.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by Leobrain(m): 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
I'm not surprised, just hope he has a plan B
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by Blue3k(m): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
richidinho:

Go back and read the article again

Noted and edited.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by curiousmind11: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
ib2015:

Was Udom (now ufien) not the SSG when the recruitment was done? Someone I know personally got her appointment letter through Martha Udom's connection. Government should be continuum, not all these eye service.

The way Udom is going, I see him taking Akpabio to court soon.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
ask4double:
I was in Uyo over the weekend for a wedding and was so dismayed at the sight of refuse hipped and littered all over the place, i was really disappointed because it something i didn't see in that town for over 7years whenever i visit. I am beginning to think that Akpabio's shoe is just too big for this Udom of man.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by Beadex1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
the appointment was one sided, a particular region had up to 90 percent appointments in the detriment of others. So i believe the right thing will be done soon... Udom is truly Ibibio son
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by olaolulazio(m): 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
R.I.P to them. PDP at work.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by john4aguero: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
ask4double:
I was in Uyo over the weekend for a wedding and was so dismayed at the sight of refuse hipped and littered all over the place, i was really disappointed because it something i didn't see in that town for over 7years whenever i visit. I am beginning to think that Akpabio's shoe is just too big for this Udom of man.

I'm sure you do not know why Udom did what he did. I'm sure!
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by john4aguero: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pavore9:
My first question will be, were they properly recruited?

Thank you bro. That's the problem. Those 5000 people were recruited by the past administration (Akpabio's) which he's an Anang man. Out of the 5000 people recruited, majority of them are Anang ethnic group which is the second ethnic group in Akwa Ibom (Ibibio is first).

Now, there's a new government (Udom's) who happens to be Ibibio. So he saw what was happening that Anang had dominated in those recruited, he had to other option but to cancel it. It's just ethnic group ish plus who's in power.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by john4aguero: 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
imoowo:
Mr. Udom before doing this did u think about 2019, think again pls employ those teachers, think u just lost 5000 votes and more votes

The recruitment was one-sided. The past administration recruited the majority of the people from one ethnic group (Akpabio's). It's good it's been cancelled.
The right thing will be done now
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by Pavore9: 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
john4aguero:

Thank you bro. That's the problem. Those 5000 people were recruited by the past administration (Akpabio's) which he's an Anang man. Out of the 5000 people recruited, majority of them are Anang ethnic group which is the second ethnic group in Akwa Ibom (Ibibio is first).

Now, there's a new government (Udom's) who happens to be Ibibio. So he saw what was happening that Anang had dominated in those recruited, he had to other option but to cancel it. It's just ethnic group ish plus who's in power.

There should have been an even spread amongst the ethnic groups in the State as l believe they all have qualified applicants.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by priest54: 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
This is very disheartening and pathetic, Udom came into power because the 5,000 teachers who were recruited at the eve to election after a rigorous and stressful experience voted him with their families, he came into power with Akpabio's credentials, believe me by 2019 he will voted based on his records, Ohakim lost Imo to Rochas, I believe a repetition of this will occur come 2019 in Akwa Ibom, Udom is not working

1 Like

Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by priest54: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
This is very disheartening and pathetic, Udom came into power because the 5,000 teachers who were recruited at the eve to election after a rigorous and stressful experience voted him with their families, he came into power with Akpabio's credentials, believe me by 2019 he will be voted based on his records, Ohakim lost Imo to Rochas, I believe a repetition of this will occur come 2019 in Akwa Ibom, Udom is not working
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by sluk(m): 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
Truth is that Gov. Udom naturally has no joy in his life. He cannot give what he doesn't have, he's a full time sadist. Was he not the SSG when the said 'fraudulent and lopsided recruitment' was done? Who was the chairman of the state secondary education board then? If the recruitment was fraudulent and the then exercise was conducted and supervised by Prof. Maria Ikrok, why have you not indicted her? Why appoint the same fraudulent supervisor to head a similar board andd victimize the innocent Akwa Ibomites who committed no offence in the whole process?

Note: I know so many people who resigned from their jobs to await their new jobs pending their postings. Some were fired by their employers too.

Udom has clearly demonstrated sadism with his consistent attacks on the civil servants. Time will tell. After all, whether the appointments were lopsided or not, they are all Akwa Ibomites.

1 Like

Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by priest54: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
It is very pathetic and unfortunate that Governor Udom Emmanuel can wake up one morning to cancel the recruitment of about 5000 teachers who were recruited at the eve of his election, for whatever reason, this is inhuman, considering the rigorous and stressful experience those teacher's passed through since 2013 before getting their appointment letters in 2015,let Mr Udom Emmanuel take into consideration the ephemeral and transient nature of power, in 2015, Akwa Ibomites voted Udom based on the records of Akpabio's achievement which the recruitment was one of such, however in 2019 either a replay of what happened between Rochas and Ohakim in Imo will happen in Akwa Ibom, Mr Udom your records will be open in 2019, so far you have not tried, there is no need dualizing rural roads when there is high rate of starvation in the state, it is only the living that drives on road and not dead people, you are sending back 5,000 persons to the streets, even when almost every secondary school and primary school lack adequate teachers and the few one's available are stressed up with work load, by 2019, you will only be remembered by what you have done, I am sure you won't release another employment list few days to your election if at all you dream of coming back, we won't vote you, you can be sure of this.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by KardinalZik(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
Why not nullify the appointments of councillors?

Coz to me, councillors are just a burden to economically sustainable governance.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by ocelot2006(m): 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
As painful as this may be for a number of people, I'm incline to side with the governor. Why add to an over bloated govt workforce? We talk about the govt slashing on recurrent expenditure. Sadly, trimming the workforce is one way of achieving that. Still I feel for those who hoped on these jobs, especially in such a difficult time.
Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by curiousmind11: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2016
ocelot2006:
As painful as this may be for a number of people, I'm incline to side with the governor. Why add to an over bloated govt workforce? We talk about the govt slashing on recurrent expenditure. Sadly, trimming the workforce is one way of achieving that. Still I feel for those who hoped on these jobs, especially in such a difficult time.

Are you for real? Does it occur to you that the teachers or civil servants get peanuts compared to political office holders?

Whenever reasonable people are talking about reducing recurrent expenditure, they are talking about reducing the amount spent on political appointees. Or are you one of them?

1 Like

Re: Udom Cancels Recruitment Of 5000 Teachers In Akwa Ibom by ocelot2006(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2016
curiousmind11:

Are you for real? Does it occur to you that the teachers or civil servants get peanuts compared to political office holders?

Whenever reasonable people are talking about reducing recurrent expenditure, they are talking about reducing the amount spent on political appointees. Or are you one of them?

Read my post again. I said trimming the workforce is ONE WAY of reducing recurrent expenditure. Of course drastically slashing salaries and allowances of political money bags equally helps and is fully supported on my part. But let's be realistic here. If the civil service was being run like any for-profit organization in the private sector, enlarging the workforce at this particular time of economic hardship is a BIG NO NO. The salary of a single teacher may be small, but the collective sum of 5000 teachers wages per month will put a considerable dent in the govt's pocket. Keep in mind that most state govts are barely able to pay monthly wages and equally have to consider capital projects in order to deliver on their promises to the electorates.

By the way I am neither a politician nor political appointees.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze / National Reserves 8,000 Tonnes Can’t Solve Food Crisis — Officials / Breaking: Rochas Okorocha, Uche Nwosu Dump APC For SDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.