Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

"That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze (9962 Views)

Soludo Receives The Body Of Late Ex-Anambra Governor, Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife / Umahi: It Is A Shame That Igbo Leaders, Delegates Sold Our Votes / What Wike Said During Buhari’s Visit To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

"That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Ctorch: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
The All Progressives Congress, APC, in Rivers State has reacted to Governor Nyesom Wike’s Friday’s broadcast to the State.

The party insinuated that Wike’s broadcast, threats and name-calling before the world has further exposed his governance style.

Wike had, among other things, said he would not allow anyone from Abuja give him directives in Rivers, adding that he was duly elected by the people.

Wike also attacked some chieftains of the APC namely, Chief Eze Chukwuema Eze and Chris Finebone.

The governor had also threatened to declare a total lockdown on the state should the people continue to flout his directives on the closure of markets and other business places.

He had also threatened companies in the State who failed to contribute towards the state COVID-19 fight.

Reacting to the Governor’s speech, Spokesperson for the APC in Rivers State, Chris Finebone, said the broadcast has further exposed the Governor.

Finebone said it would be a waste of adjectives to try to qualify the briefing and the governor’s performance, adding that the world saw and heard him.

The APC’s mouthpiece said this in a statement made available to DAILY POST on Friday.

He said, “In my decision not to join issues with anyone or the Rivers State Government on COVID-19 matters, I will not respond to the issues raised by Gov. Nyesom Wike in his press briefing today.

“I am convinced that to all those who either were present at the briefing or watched it on TV, or even those who listened on the radio, the governor’s demeanour and utterances before the world during the briefing have sufficiently provided an eloquent response to his briefing.

“Therefore, it will be a waste of adjectives to try to qualify the briefing and the governor’s performance. The world saw and heard him.

“I am very sure that the corporate organisations he threatened with reprisal actions if they did not donate to the state COVID-19 fund can sufficiently speak for themselves.

“However, I feel sad that the governor climbed down from the high office of governor to engage in name-calling and insult.

“The governor did not need to have taken it personal with me and Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze by referring to Chief Eze as that ‘Ibo boy’. In Africa, respect is given to age and I am sure that Chief Eze is years older than the governor.

“In any case, I and Chief Eze never, directly or indirectly under any circumstances, canvassed, solicited or ever will accept anything under the leprous Wike government or his party in Rivers State.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/17/apc-reacts-to-governor-wikes-broadcast-on-covid-19-situation-in-rivers/

1 Like

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by AtikuNetwork: 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike the demagogue. These days it seems he is becoming intoxicated with power.

7 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
Wike is an Ikwerre man shouldn't make him to disrespect his elder in the same state..

Wike referred to Eze as that Ibo boy
Ikwerre people and their nonsense.....I laugh them in kiswahili....
Chukwuemeka Eze is Igbo and Wike is Ikwerre....
The fall of a man is nothing but a a gradual process
When the gods thinks he is too powerful, then he has to be reminded that he was carved from the wood
Wike is a nuisance.

Waiting for his foolish disciples to come and defend this thug and fool of a governor.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by NwaNimo1(m): 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2020

1 Like

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Simplyleo: 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
"That igbo boy"~ Wike.

When those people from that side want to respond to Wike.

"Yoruba muslims" or "Lagos-ibadan Express newspapers"

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Corrinthians(m): 9:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
What exactly is Wike's problem with Igbos? Lately his attacks on them seems to be getting out of hand.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Ojiofor: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
So there are Igbos in Rivers state.You don't mean it!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Throwback: 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:
What exactly is Wike's problem with Igbos? Lately his attacks on them seems to be getting out of hand.

Maybe they have not been paying their tax for those resident in Rivers?

Wike being a proud and arrogant fellow, he had to express himself in a way that will pass the message without creating an impression he actually needs the revenue.

Thugs like Wike and Fayose should have remained grassroot political thugs, rather than be allowed to even govern a state.

If Wike or Fayose ever become President of Nigeria, those who now daily condemn Buhari as a dictator, will begin to refer to Buhari as a hero of democracy.

Those 2 touts can never tolerate any non-conformance to their own aspirations, and do not believe in democracy or human rights, or separation of powers.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ojiofor:

That shouldn't make an Ikwerre man to Insult his elder....

Eze is older than him.

13 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by jlinkd78(m): 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Don't come and set Wike up with d Igbos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:

Wike and the man he is referring to , both are from Rivers state.

10 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Herdsmen: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:

Eminiru i ya grin

1 Like

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Herdsmen: 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
Throwback:

Maybe they have not been paying their tax for those resident in Rivers?

Wike being a proud and arrogant fellow, he had to express himself in a way that will pass the message without creating an impression he actually needs the revenue.

Bayerebe abiakwa sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by dustmalik: 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by ukukaegbu(m): 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
Haters looking for trouble where there is none. It' a battle of political parties. That's how they supported Bello ElRufai and the guy is begging Igbos now.
If he behaves like Joe Igbokwe he should be put to order.

5 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Herdsmen: 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Ezi, will you stop that nonsense and face the issue.

If not go and look for the video clip and watch..

I no come play for here.... position yourself.. mak you no collect cool

1 Like

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Corrinthians(m): 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Wike and the man he is referring to , both are from Rivers state.
I'm not talking about the state of origin, I'm talking about tribe. Why refer to Igbos in such derogatory term as a governor and one unconditionally supported by the same Igbos?

Days ago, he called South Easterners "thieves", now this.

Something is surely amiss somewhere.

8 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
Herdsmen:

I no come play for here.... position yourself.. mak you no collect cool
Do I look like someone that is afraid...

You left the message of wine Insulting chief and start attacking Yorubas...
Maybe that's how you Insult your father and blame your friends for it

Nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Miracle1991: 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
ukukaegbu:
Haters looking for trouble where there is none

If he behaves like Joe Igbokwe he should be put to order.
that igbo boy. Hahahaaaa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:
I'm not talking about the state of origin, I'm talking about tribe. Why refer to Igbos in such derogatory term as a governor and one unconditionally supported by the same Igbos?

I didn't read of him calling east thieves, I only read that robbers after operating hides in others states until the hear Is down..

So you are a peddler of fake news. You are no different from other fake news mongers.

15 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Corrinthians(m): 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ojiofor:
There are Igbos even in the Himalayas. Igbos travel far and wide and there is virtually no village in this country that you wont find them, let along Ruvers state that is right at their backyard.

That said, what do you have to say about his incessant insults to Igbos and South Easterners in general?

7 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:
There are Igbos even in the Himalayas. Igbos travel far and wide and there is virtually no village in this country that you wont find them, let along Ruvers state that is right at their backyard.

That said, what do you have to say about his incessant insults to Igbos and South Easterners in general?

Seems you now go about dishing this lies up and down.

pls provide link to this fake info you are peddling because you are Clearly violating rule 8 here .

9 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Simplyleo: 9:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:

Do you know who you just quoted?

You will be shocked. Did you wonder why cancelling is on recess?

Pretty sure if you know, you won't even waste your time.

I fell for it yesterday. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Jomonix: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
Umunnem, flee from this post. We will not have quarrels with our South South brothers, at least not from the prompting of outsiders.

7 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Aksnoopy: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Eze is older than him.
How is eze older than wike? You this aboki, you will be jumping from thread to thread fooling yourself.

6 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by DabuIIIT: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:
Wike Has Been Shading, Slamming, Trolling And Humiliating we Igbos For Some Time Now but you'll never see us attack him, we'll rather manouevre a way through by twisting the story and blame yorubas,tinubu or call the media afonja expressway. I'm beginning to believe Asari's Response to Nnamdi kanu where he made shocking revelations about our relationship with the south south people.

otherwise how do you explain wike saying Anambra is the hideout for criminals terrorising Rivers State, without any statement by Ohananeze Ndigbo?
How do you explain wike shading south east governors by alledging that they all go to Abuja To Pay homage to a fulani man from futa jalon, Without any refuttals?
How do you explain wike's effrontery, in berating a red cap titled chief in igboland, and addressing him as "this igbo small boy"??
Funny Enough we igbos see nothing wrong with his utterances because Rivers State has oil. If It were to be edo state governor, by now he would be the number one trending topic on twitter.

Shameless

4 Likes

Re: "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze by Aksnoopy: 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Eze is older than him.
Both wike and eze are Igbo men. I am sure you don't know that they both belong to the same ethnic group(IGBO).

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ologbondiyan: History Will Forever Be Kind To Prince Uche Secondus-led PDP NWC / FG Plans To Revive National Shipping Line / Interview With Founder Of SaharaReporters Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.