Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,123 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. (16484 Views)

Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God / If You Get A Telescope, You Will Immediately Stop Believing The Bible / Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Deicide: 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

must be "grape juice"

lmao, these apologists bring some laugh to my day
Can you imagine they know it they are still lying again Jesus Even called himself a Drunkard so they don't believe the Bible again?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by RoadsAndGreen(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
this was written to believers; if they were to follow your counsel their first shot would get them drunk, what then? The former revellers who later believed and were delivered from the bondage of the bottle among your flock will shake their heads at such a misleading interpretation knowing the danger of a little!

Sex among the married is not condemned. Any other (even a lustful look) is condemned Hebrews 13:4.
then drinking among the strong is also not condemned.

men learn how to walk by crawling first, moderation is key. one who has never drank before should drink half a bottle for a start. how the process goes is really not my concern. my own is that if we must do things we must do in moderation.

you new generation churches should be more concerned on how your girls should dress properly to places of worship not how i drink my beer.

its funny that when such issues of dressing is pointed out they come with the "thy shall not judge" defense mechanism but wouldnt want us drinker to apply same line as defense. oh pleeeeaase undecided its era of grace baby

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I tell you

that 4evergod guy just confidently spill crhap and calls anyone who doesn't subscribe to his bullsheeet "dense"

can you see how his points switched from
"There's no fermented grape for my Jewish carpenter to use"
TO
"it was Greek translation to English"?

he talks with two mouths so I don't know which one to slap first

Your lack of intelligence keeps getting worse. Where did I mention fermented grapes? Do grapes come fermented or they are left to ferment during the curse of winemaking so as to add alcoholic content to the wine.

I gave yoh that screengrab as a support of my position. What context and what word was WINE translated from in the water to wine miracle. Did it stand for alcoholic or non alcoholic. If you can show me that the greek origin supports your claim then you win.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by RoadsAndGreen(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
Deicide:

Can you imagine they know it they are still lying again Jesus Even called himself a Drunkard so they don't believe the Bible again?
please dont speak of Jesus that way. weather you believe he exist or not be careful. no one knows it all
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by RoadsAndGreen(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

[s]Your lack of intelligence keeps getting worse. Where did I mention fermented grapes? Do grapes come fermented or they are left to ferment during the curse of winemaking so as to add alcoholic content to the wine.

I gave yoh that screengrab as a support of my position. What context and what word was WINE translated from in the water to wine miracle. Did it stand for alcoholic or non alcoholic. If you can show me that the greek origin supports your claim then you win.[/s]
undecided
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by hahn(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I tell you

that 4evergod guy just confidently spill crhap and calls anyone who doesn't subscribe to his bullsheeet "dense"

can you see how his points switched from
"There's no fermented grape for my Jewish carpenter to use"
TO
"it was Greek translation to English"?

he talks with two mouths so I don't know which one to slap first

I cannot argue with those guys anymore. It does nothing to my website ranking undecided
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
modern interpretation is all you bring forth my friend. we talking histroy here. from the perception of the roman catholic church. the church that have stood for centuries. not the internet.

get lost

I have helped your lazy behind out with the research. Now kindly delete yourself by yourself.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Deicide: 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
please dont speak of Jesus that way. weather you believe he exist or not be careful. no one knows it all
are you not reading through this thread?

Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

New International Version
The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.'

Jesus Testifies about John
… 33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon!’
34 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and
you say, ‘Look at this glutton and drunkard, a friend
of tax collectors and of sinners!’ 35 But wisdom is vindicated by all her children.”…

winebibber
NOUN
archaic, literary

A habitual drinker of alcohol
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by RoadsAndGreen(m): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

I have helped your lazy behind out with the research. Now kindly delete yourself by yourself.
K
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by raphieMontella: 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
Mediator97:
This is 2016 years after the death of Christ.
seriously??
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by RoadsAndGreen(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
Deicide:

Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.'

winebibber
NOUN
archaic, literary

the authors said. he was drinking and eating. then people criticized. here a glutton and a drunkard.

why do you pick what the critics thought and ignore what the authors thought

please dont go so low na undecided
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
hahn:

I cannot argue with those guys anymore. It does nothing to my website ranking undecided

Since you clam to own a website then help its ranking by being truthful and not the crap of lies you enjoy throwing around

I have shown you via the screengrab 4 words...2 in greek and 2 in hebrew which means different kinds of wine be they alcoholic or non alcoholic but when being translated into English the only English word used is WINE but from the origin they are differentiated in context.

You guys should learn a thing or 2 about Bible concordance before jumping around with lies
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
Deicide:

Jesus Testifies about John
… 33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon!’
34 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and
you say, ‘Look at this glutton and drunkard, a friend
of tax collectors and of sinners!’ 35 But wisdom is vindicated by all her children.”…

winebibber
NOUN
archaic, literary

All hail the nonsensical one. So those on the sideline who were busy gossiping and passing around what they thought was the truth are now the ones speaking the truth as to the content of his cup or the taste of it or why he was sitting with sinners when from the beginning Jesus was sent to sinners.

God no go kill you.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by hahn(m): 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

Since you clam to own a website then help its ranking by being truthful and not the crap of lies you enjoy throwing around

I have shown you via the screengrab 4 words...2 in greek and 2 in hebrew which means different kinds of wine be they alcoholic or non alcoholic but when being translated into English the only English word used is WINE but from the origin they are differentiated in context.

You guys should learn a thing or 2 about Bible concordance before jumping around with lies

Lol. So, Jboy did not need grapes to turn water to wine but he needed grapes to make it "alcoholic"?

undecided

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

Fine, can you save the day and provide us with the Greek/Hebrew word translated as wine in that Bible verse?

Satisfied?

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
hahn:

Lol. So, Jboy did not need grapes to turn water to wine but he needed grapes to make it "alcoholic"?

undecided

Go ahead and include my freely provided screen grabs to your website...it might help improve your ranking.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by TomHagen: 4:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
Thread derailed!!! I think the OP should change the title of the thread to reflect what is being discussed.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
hahn:

undecided

I tell you

but he still doesn't get it
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

I tell you

Lmao...nobody ever gets anything except you.... 2 simple screengrabs made your argument implode and bury itself so I need no longer waste brain energy on further understanding what I have always understood which os quite different from someone who was busy arguing about something he lacked a basic understanding aboit and then trying to turn it around by saying I am the ignorant one...lol

"Ignorance is a loud voice that enjoys yodelling when the wise are whispering" ... 4everGod 2016
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by DeSepiero(m): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

Satisfied?

which is the specific one used in that Bible verse? All these words couldn't have been used at once.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

which is the specific one used in that Bible verse? All these words couldn't have been used at once.

Sigh!....

Step one is for you to agree that these words in hebrew and greek all translate to one word in English and that word is WINE.... do we first agree on that?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by DeSepiero(m): 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

Sigh!....

Step one is for you to agree that these words in hebrew and greek all translate to one word in English and that word is WINE.... do we first agree on that?

I agree, let's make progress.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by raphieMontella: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
Deicide:

Joh 2:10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk then that which is worse: [but] thou hast kept the good wine until now. [/b]

Stop lying for Jesus bro
any honest person here knows you've nailed it...
For them to be drunk..it must have had alcohol..
4everGod...The word translated as wine in that passage is ''oinos''
from which the word ''oinopotes'' is gotten..
And ''oinopotes'' means drunkard[matthew 11:19]
itts the same ''oinos'' thats used in ephesians 5:18..so it clearly signifies that whenever ''oinos'' is used with being drunk..then the wine is alcoholic..and other bible verses corroborate with eph 5:18

1 Like

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by raphieMontella: 4:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

must be "grape juice"
lmao, these apologists bring some laugh to my day
lol..its clear to see.. I can even post the original words warefa..
scholar8200... 1 corinthians 11:20-22.. Was paul not advocating alcohol there?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by stephendellas(m): 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bunch of Greek mythology.... lovers of Zeus..
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol..its clear to see..
I can even post the original words warefa..

scholar8200...
1 corinthians 11:20-22..
Was paul not advocating alcohol there?

lol our dear 4evergod says his Jewish carpenter couldn't have turned it to alcohol because the grapes needed fermentation for months

never knew his imaginary friend has his limits

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
raphieMontella:

any honest person here knows you've nailed it...
For them to be drunk..it must have had alcohol..
4everGod...The word translated as wine in that passage is ''oinos''
from which the word ''oinopotes'' is gotten..
And ''oinopotes'' means drunkard[matthew 11:19]
itts the same ''oinos'' thats used in ephesians 5:18..so it clearly signifies that whenever ''oinos'' is used with being drunk..then the wine is alcoholic..and other bible verses corroborate with eph 5:18

You see why I am never surprised when I see your guys lying for Atheism?

I will answer you and Desepiero in one fell swoop and also attach a website guide to hebrew and greek transltions of the word WINE and where each greek or hebrew translation was gotten from and end all this nonsense you guys are spewing and if you still wish to ignore this and still argue blindly then goodluck.

Carefully read and may you have understanding. Which would relieve you of your ignorance

Link https://www.cai.org/bible-studies/hebrew-and-greek-words-translated-wine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
Raphie you can see the Oinos is a generic word that can be used for wine but forbidden to be used for Shekar which is the alcoholic wine but when Oinos is being translated into English its still referred to as wine but in direct context its not the alcoholic wine since Shekar which it does not represent is used specifically for alcoholic wine.
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by raphieMontella: 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:

You see why I am never surprised when I see your guys lying for Atheism?

I will answer you and Desepiero in one fell swoop and also attach a website guide to hebrew and greek transltions of the word WINE and where each greek or hebrew translation was gotten from and end all this nonsense you guys are spewing and if you still wish to ignore this and still argue blindly then goodluck.

Carefully read and may you have understanding. Which would relieve you of your ignorance

Link https://www.cai.org/bible-studies/hebrew-and-greek-words-translated-wine
Oh..crap..is it that you dont understand what i wrote sire?
Please visit here...
The original manuscripts of the new testament
the word used there is ''oinos''..
And whenever ''oinos'' is used with ''drunk''(being drunk/drunkeness), it means the wine in question is alcoholic...
As shown in ephesians 5:18..
And john 2:10 is a parallel to ephesians 5:18(oinos and drunkeness together)..

Or do you need more verses like eph 5:18 in corroboration with the truth i posted?
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by raphieMontella: 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod:
Raphie you can see the Oinos is a generic word that can be used for wine but forbidden to be used for Shekar which is the alcoholic wine but when Oinos is being translated into English its still referred to as wine but in direct context its not the alcoholic wine since Shekar which it does not represent is used specifically for alcoholic wine.
sir...oinos is used with drunkeness..
If oinos used with drunkeness does not imply that the wine in the passage is alcoholic..
What then does it imply?

Im talking about the untranslated manuscripts and what the original author had in mind...not our present day translations..
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
Deicide:

Yes jesus would do it i guess nailing him on the cross ain't sorrowful?

Joh 2:9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knewwink the governor of the feast called the bridegroom
Joh 2:10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk then that which is worse: [but] thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Stop lying for Jesus bro

Eyehategod and raphiemontella is it that English is not your strong point?

John 2 vs 10 spoke in Past participle just like when you have DRINK DRANK DRUNK ...Drunk there is not referring to intoxication but its referring to a past act of drinking and not drunkenness.

Gosh you guys need help in english comprehension
Re: The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. by hahn(m): 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

I tell you

tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? / Francisca Emmanuel: Ritual Is Biblical - Nigerian Pastor Tells Congregation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.