Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid (12411 Views)

The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid / Maryanne Michael: One-Armed Woman Gives Birth To A Healthy Baby Boy / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Timbuktuo: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2016
Barely three seconds ago, a thread about the oppressive nature of the African marriage was opened and women were nigh unanimous in agreement with the content of the OP of that thread.

Perhaps, this man thinks women might find him oppressive, perhaps not. What I do note is that he has no intentions of holding back any woman who might prefer independence from such an oppressive institution, incidentally "a construct of the Patriarchy". One would think the hordes of independent-minded women would jump at this offer. After all, open marriages are becoming a thing, even babymamaism.

What is the problem with this young man's request, women? Why does he have to marry the mother of his child? Last week, or thereabouts, soooo many women advised a pregnant 23year old woman to go it alone. Her boyfriend has been a bellend so "dump his trifling ass, nothing do you." Never mind the fact they reconciled and have decide to make the relationship work. Meanwhile, divorce is rife, I hear Badagry is a hotbed for marital dissolution these days. What, really, is the big deal about marriage? Can't a single man and a single woman just decide to have a child together. Isn't it 2016 anymore?

The mind truly boggles.

sisisioge:

Toooo o, no be say I hold am o. You guys are now sooooo lazy...u can't even be bothered to properly woo a girl grin grin grin grin

Why should a man woo? What would be the purpose, and who would the wooing benefit? Why is it lazy for a man to woo, but not a woman, in 2016 no less! Are you sexist? angry

8 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Viking007(m): 9:12am On Nov 04, 2016
^^^ Women are their own worst enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by daddytime(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2016
automatix:
it's pathetic they just want a man to do all the work, as in all the works, all the time. It's why most guys prefer the show off strategy or lying approach, those that spend a lot on appearance but have no future savings. Is it a crime to look like a normal human being you would meet anywhere?

My dressing is like a Mark Zuckerberg without the fame and money-- very simple and straight forward, like an ordinary person you would meet anywhere.

Like the lady I described in the post above, we dated for 4 months before she left on the basis of sex. Let assume that's the reason. Would she say hadn't had sex since she left? NO.

Okay, let's assume it is because of finance, yeah back then I was still in school finished my NYSC not long ago. But lets just assume it was based on finance that she left, why couldn't the guy she claimed to be dating save her when she needed financial help? Yeah, while trying to reconcile with her, she said she was dating someone else. Meanwhile I was there all along, calling, trying to do everything. Why? Cos I really loved her.

But let assume she left cos of finance. Which means the guy she went with couldn't help her. And someone dare say ladies aren't crazy? There are crazy and stupid.

The reason she had the idea that I could help because I forcefully made it known that I am not what she think or have in mind about me. I made her see I have drive, I have focus, I have purpose, I am fighter, I have dreams. I expect a lady to find these things out over time but if I have to show you myself, you are likely not gonna get the best of me. I still love her and sometimes wanna do away with thought of what she had done in the past.

But on second thought, I don't want anyone liking me because she perceived some sort of potential and so, I am left the option of still searching up to chasing the recent one on facebook lol.

Nobody wants to suffer but we are firstly HUMANS before we are anything. Is there a crime liking that HUMAN figure before liking what he is carrying on his head? Cos I first like them as the HUMANS they are, not money, not sex whom they are as HUMAN. You have to apply wisdom sometimes. How about finding if a guy has ambition, drive, even though he has not much money?

I am not filty rich but heck I am not scared about the current recession in the country or the job losses.

The one on facebook, I don't know what approach to adopt really but I really appreciate the way she responded on phone when I called. I was actually expecting the usual "yes, what do you want?" like some stupid idiots do most times.

Spot on !!
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2016
Joavid:

how can someone be poor and ugly at the same time? That's just wrong

If you are poor, there is a 99 percent chance you will be ugly, because you don't even have enough money to take care of yourself.
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by daddytime(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2016
Timbuktuo:
Barely three seconds ago, a thread about the oppressive nature of the African marriage was opened and women were nigh unanimous in agreement with the content of the OP of that thread.

Perhaps, this man thinks women might find him oppressive, perhaps not. What I do note is that he has no intentions of holding back any woman who might prefer independence from such an oppressive instirurion, incidentally "a construct of the Patriarchy". One would think the hordes of independent-minded women would jump at this offer. After all, open marriages are becoming a thing, even babymamaism.

What is the problem with this young man's request, women? Why does he have to marry the mother of his child? Last week, or thereabouts, soooo many women advised a pregnant 23year old woman to go it alone. Her boyfriend has been a bellend so "dump his trifling ass, nothing do you." Never mind, they reconciled and have decide to make the relationship work. Meanwhile, divorce is rife, I hear Badagry is a hotbed for marital dissolution these days. What, really, is the big deal about marriage? Can't a single man and a single woman just decide to have a child together. Isn't it 2016 anymore?

The mind truly boggles.

Why should a man woo? What would be the purpose, and who would the wooing benefit? Why is it lazy for a man to woo, but not a woman, in 2016 no less! Are you sexist? angry

No time even reading from the all-knowing critics..my request is straight forward enough. An aye for the interested and a nay for the uniterested. The ayes can do me a mail while we take it up from there while the nays can keep their opinions and take a quiet walk. Very simple!

2 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Feanah(f): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2016
Joavid:
In essence, you're looking for a babymama that you may or may not be serious with

You want to bring an innocent child into a dysfunctional family structure? you're selfish!!

you men should continue spoiling our family values because of your selfishness and wickedness.
Haba that's harsh...you don't know his story

1 Like

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by kramfonos(m): 9:58am On Nov 04, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by daddytime(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2016
Feanah:

Haba that's harsh...you don't know his story

Her likes are best ignored until they get a grip of what life truly means.

1 Like

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by thorpido(m): 10:04am On Nov 04, 2016
Well people have choices and they do have that liberty to make their choice.

However,the fact still remains that raising a child in a stable and loving home where there is a father and a mother remains the best for that child.

We should put that into consideration above our selfish interests.

8 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Timbuktuo: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2016
Viking007:
^^^ Women are their own worst enemy.

I'm only trying to understand them is all. Hopefully, a rep of theirs can do the honours of explicating their basic tenets.
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Viking007(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2016
Timbuktuo:

[b]I'm only trying to understand [/b]them is all. Hopefully, a rep of theirs can do the honours of explicating their basic tenets.

Good luck with that sire. smiley
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Viking007(m): 10:27am On Nov 04, 2016
daddytime:

Her likes are best ignored until they get a grip of what life truly means.
sent You a pm. Ignore it. Just check Your mailbox.
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2016
thorpido:
Well people have choices and they do have that liberty to make their choice.

However,the fact still remains that raising a child in a stable and loving home where there is a father and a mother remains the best for that child.

We should put that into consideration above our selfish interests.

my point exactly @ bolded.

3 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by sisisioge: 11:10am On Nov 04, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Perhaps, this man thinks women might find him oppressive, perhaps not. What I do note is that he has no intentions of holding back any woman who might prefer independence from such an oppressive institution, incidentally "a construct of the Patriarchy". One would think the hordes of independent-minded women would jump at this offer. After all, open marriages are becoming a thing, even babymamaism.

What is the problem with this young man's request, women? Why does he have to marry the mother of his child? Last week, or thereabouts, soooo many women advised a pregnant 23year old woman to go it alone. Her boyfriend has been a bellend so "dump his trifling ass, nothing do you." Never mind the fact they reconciled and have decide to make the relationship work. Meanwhile, divorce is rife, I hear Badagry is a hotbed for marital dissolution these days. What, really, is the big deal about marriage? Can't a single man and a single woman just decide to have a child together. Isn't it 2016 anymore?

The mind truly boggles.

Whew! After all this your English, you still had to quote me? Anyways, life is all about choices with a scale of preference. Being a baby mama is not totally unheard of but definitely not one of the top on any sane girl's list. The society will be a much better place if we breed less of dysfunctional families thus improving the outputs to the society at large.

OP should keep trying...he just might find.

1 Like

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by sisisioge: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2016
daddytime:

No time even reading from the all-knowing critics..my request is straight forward enough. An aye for the interested and a nay for the uniterested. The ayes can do me a mail while we take it up from there while the nays can keep their opinions and take a quiet walk. Very simple!

Ennnh! You even have an almost caustic mouth cheesy grin Interesting...and that bobo was actually advocating for you o. Whew, I hope the girl interested comes with a lawyer man...she's so gonna need it cool

1 Like

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by daddytime(m): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2016
sisisioge:

Ennnh! You even have an almost caustic mouth cheesy grin Interesting...and that bobo was actually advocating for you o. Whew, I hope the girl interested comes with a lawyer man...she's so gonna need it cool

Naaa nothing sodaic about my mouth dear you probably misread me..i understand the guy was rooting for me and did like his comment as well to butress that.

I'm just a realist,so ignore my bluntness.

1 Like

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Timbuktuo: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
sisisioge:

Whew! After all this your English, you still had to quote me? Anyways, life is all about choices with a scale of preference. Being a baby mama is not totally unheard of but definitely not one of the top on any sane girl's list. The society will be a much better place if we breed less of dysfunctional families thus improving the outputs to the society at large.

OP should keep trying...he just might find.

Do you know whether I like you and am beginning my wooing campaign? Surely, you don't have to see the wooing coming before it is a wooing.

Anyway, I agree with the effects of irresponsible childbearing on society and I would rather OP found a good woman to marry and have children with than some surrogacy arrangement.

Daddytime, I would suggest tabling your matter before the brethren @

https://www.nairaland.com/1582623/boys-night-out-discussions
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Timbuktuo: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
sisisioge:

Are you observing a fast? You seem to misunderstand the comment you quoted.
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by daddytime(m): 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Do you know whether I like you and am beginning my wooing campaign? Surely, you don't have to see the wooing coming before it is a wooing.

Anyway, I agree with the effects of irresponsible childbearing on society and I would rather OP found a good woman to marry and have children with than some surrogacy arrangement.

Thanks mate for the heads up
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Onegai(f): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Daddytime, have you thought things through? What if the mother decides to relocate to another country? What if she gets married, and her new husband is now the de-facto fatherly presence in the child's life, then what?
If you really want a child, you realise that fertility clinics exist all over Nigeria where people donate eggs and Surrogates exist to carry the (if) successful pregnancy to term, giving you your own child, less complications. If you're serious about this, why not do that? Put your money where your intent is and you can get the ball rolling on the whole process.

6 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by automatix: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
Onegai:
Daddytime, have you thought things through? What if the mother decides to relocate to another country? What if she gets married, and her new husband is now the de-facto fatherly presence in the child's life, then what?
If you really want a child, you realise that fertility clinics exist all over Nigeria where people donate eggs and Surrogates exist to carry the (if) successful pregnancy to term, giving you your own child, less complications. If you're serious about this, why not do that? Put your money where your intent is and you can get the ball rolling on the whole process.
One of the smartest woman we have around here. Your husband lucky die grin
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by sisisioge: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2016
Timbuktuo:

Are you observing a fast? You seem to misunderstand the comment you quoted.

grin grin grin grin

Whoops! You are gonna have to forgive me for being such a girl. Wonder what I was thinking reading words written in "guy's" language.

Daddytime,biko stick to English alone. Girls may be reading your posts too tongue
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by daddytime(m): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Whoops! You are gonna have to forgive me for being such a girl. Wonder what I was thinking reading words written in "guy's" language.

Daddytime,biko stick to English alone. Girls may be reading your posts too tongue
grin grin funny you
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by sisisioge: 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Timbuktuo:

How I wan take know @bolded? What's so wrong in coming straight to the girl and showing her your cards? Life isn't as difficult as we are making it...does the idea of OP wooing a girl into birthing kids for him sound far-fetched? Yes, I have seen that sheet play out before, all na offerer-offeree show.
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Timbuktuo: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2016
sisisioge:

How I wan take know @bolded? What's so wrong in coming straight to the girl and showing her your cards? Life isn't as difficult as we are making it...does the idea of OP wooing a girl into birthing kids for him sound far-fetched? Yes, I have seen that sheet play out before, all na offerer-offeree show.

That's for secondary school boys, or for times when a man meets a goddess. You're also discounting the number of rejections guys have accrued when they came out straight. I hear, in fact, that there are guys who masterbate and remain single than be rejected again. Don't hate the player, baby, hate the game. Some play the game in a way that doesn't tamper with their reputation and self-respect others are shameless. grin

Modern marriage is a gamble and quite daunting. People like to offer statistics about weddings happening every Saturday, but they fail to bring up the stats that tell divorces following up on Monday. You see that arranged marriage system that liberalism called oppressive? I guarantee you, it will make a comeback. Then, maybe, people will do away with this ridiculous notion of surrogacy.

2 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Timbuktuo: 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Aproko. Wetin consign you for Wetin men dey talk to demsef? grin
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by sisisioge: 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
Timbuktuo:

That's for secondary school boys, or for times when a man meets a goddess. You're also discounting the number of rejections guys have accrued when they came out straight. I hear, in fact, that there are guys who masterbate and remain single than be rejected again. Don't hate the player, baby, hate the game. Some play the game in a way that doesn't tamper with their reputation and self-respect others are shameless. grin

Modern marriage is a gamble and quite daunting. People like to offer statistics about weddings happening every Saturday, but they fail to bring up the stats that tell divorces following up on Monday. You see that arranged marriage system that liberalism called oppressive? I guarantee you, it will make a comeback. Then, maybe, people will do away with this ridiculous notion of surrogacy.

OK o, it is well. May we all win.

Timbuktuo:

Aproko. Wetin consign you for Wetin men dey talk to demsef? grin

grin
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by elektra(f): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
Onegai:

But surrogacy will require him to raise the child himself. He not only needs a womb, he also need the woman to raise the kid. (Most likely by herself since they are not married and the kid would be staying with her, but I guess it's no big deal because many of the so called married men do not participate in raising their kids sef so what is the point in marrying?) He wants the kid to bear his name and enjoy the nourishment that comes from a mother.

1 Like

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Onegai(f): 3:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
elektra:

But surrogacy will require him to raise the child himself. He not only needs a womb, he also need the woman to raise the kid. (Most likely by herself since they are not married and the kid would be staying with her, but I guess it's no big deal because many of the so called married men do not participate in raising their kids sef so what is the point in marrying?) He wants the kid to bear his name and enjoy the nourishment that comes from a mother.

If he NEEDS a woman to raise the child for him, then he wants to a part-time Father. He would be better off finding one of the numerous pregnant ladies here constantly being abandoned and taking up a Uncle role. If he wants to be a parent, he has to be involved in being a parent, unless he wants to be an absentee Father and write a cheque occasionally and make phonecalls and visits on birthdays and show up for photo ops.
Children are little human beings, you don't get to return them to their cage after a meal, a quick cuddle and some playtime when you are free. Get a pet smiley
The men whom have chosen his path seemed to all have enough money to indulge in being an absentee father. It didn't always work out well, sometimes the child replaced him in their life with a present father. Sometimes it worked out, but usually after he realised he was about to be replaced and deduced that writing a cheque and phonecalls didn't make him a father, he was forced to spend at least 60% of his time with the child.
And the mother can still decide to make all the decisions in the child's life and wake up to relocate to Australia and he's back to square one.
With Surrogacy, he gets what he wants: to be a Dad! Or did he just want to be an Uncle...

4 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by daddytime(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
elektra:

Thanks dear you go school of person mind. I definitely want to be in the kid (s) life in every way thats ny responsibility.
Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by Onegai(f): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
daddytime:

Thanks dear you go school of person mind. I definitely want to be in the kid (s) life in every way thats ny responsibility.

I'm glad to hear this! But you need to see the full picture, eh smiley

Let's say the mother of the child works in a bank. The bank moves her to Calabar branch, from Lagos. Normally, she and her branch manager can apply for a transfer back to Lagos based on Spousal issues. But she is not a spouse and as we saw from that young lady' s thread recently, Companies in Nigeria do not give special considerations to Single Mothers. So off she goes to Calabar and you're in Lagos. Then, one day baby runs a fever overnight (perhaps you should read Newborn thread in Health section, so many reality checks about being a parent there!) and Mama needs help and support with hospital runs. You're too far away and you need to buy a flight ticket to Calabar. Worse, some guy in the Calabar branch is not only supporting her, he's sharing prayers at night by Whatsapp and Tender Good Mornings. He proposes and she accepts and the move to Calabar becomes permanent. Are you going to tell her "hey don't get married to this guy because my claim is stronger"? But it's not. What next...

5 Likes

Re: Need A Healthy Female Ready To Raise A Kid by boomssey(f): 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
@poster,do u reside in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Can Make You Disown Your Child? / My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price / High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.