Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession (20161 Views)

May God Give Nigerians Patience To Tolerate My Government – Buhari / Buhari: "My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen" (video) / Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by vicben27(m): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2016
dis old, dullard,fulani cattle rarer is stil playin d blame game! He wil remain clueless til 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by joinnow: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2016
Not for anybody don come again grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by foladara777(m): 9:54am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

Its you that needs to shut up, about time you zombies get put in your place, how do you see incoherent policies of this govt and say they are not responsible for recession, just yesterday the mtef was said to be empty how do you justify such incompetence unless you are a zombie of course.
Only idiots will rather subscribe to sentimental explanations than applying reason...
Can u dispute d fact that Nigeria is a mono- economy or that d price of oil dropped internationally?? Or u can claim that these occurrences shouldn't have affected the economy... No rwily, I want to know if u will pander to your usual sentiments or you rely on reason this time
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Tokety7: 9:55am On Nov 04, 2016
Only shameless fools will say this govt is responsible for current recession. Let me paint a scenario.......

Man A and Woman A fell in love and got married despite woman A already pregnant for Man X. Man A chose to take care of woman A and her unborn baby that Man X is responsible for. Baby now born, Man A has chosen to take responsibility for his upkeep but it's not debatable that he didn't give birth to him.

From the scenario above......
MAN A is General Buhari.
woman A is Nigeria
MAN X is Jonah-daft and his cronies.

The Otuoke drrunkard really destroyed this country no doubt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by foladara777(m): 10:01am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

Can you kindly state these affected countries, are they in recession too with high inflation, moreover opposition claimed oil prices didn't matter under GEJ why should it matter now? lets face it and tell ourselves the truth this govt is incompetent as things stand we are likely to be in recession till they get out of office.
Aiite... Sit down, grab a pen and a book...
The countries that actually rely on exports have cushions for fall in oil prices because their post governments- their GEJs- had created an economy that is not solely dependent on oil even if majorly...
As rich as Saudi Arabia is, they switched from an Islamic calendar to a western one meaning a longer calendar with d same wages for government workers... So even d richest oil exporters had a sort of austerity measures but u expect everything to be smooth and rosy in Nigeria where our GEJs and OBJs have failed woefully to diversify d economy and have depleted d excess crude account
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by sanpipita(m): 10:03am On Nov 04, 2016
foladara777:

Only idiots will rather subscribe to sentimental explanations than applying reason...
Can u dispute d fact that Nigeria is a mono- economy or that d price of oil dropped internationally?? Or u can claim that these occurrences shouldn't have affected the economy... No rwily, I want to know if u will pander to your usual sentiments or you rely on reason this time

We are a mono economy YES, is this first time oil prices will go low NO, have we had it this bad before NO, who was the man incharge last time we had similar problems guess you already know him Buhari, now stop excuses either your dullard of a president finds solutions of which i doubt he could or let him step down, we have alot of brillant Nigerians who can step foward and led us out of this mess, Buhari should stop dragging us backwards. enough is enough

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by foladara777(m): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

We are a mono economy YES, is this first time oil prices will go low NO, have we had it this bad before NO, who was the man incharge last time we had similar problems guess you already know him Buhari, now stop excuses either your dullard of a president finds solutions of which i doubt he could or let him step down, we have alot of brillant Nigerians who can step foward and led us out of this mess, Buhari should stop dragging us backwards. enough is enough
Really, tell me the exact time when oil prices dropped more than 70%.... Give me facts not conjecture and speculation and keep in mind that at the same time our oil output is at a low because of some criminals calling themselves NDA
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by sanpipita(m): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2016
foladara777:

Aiite... Sit down, grab a pen and a book...
The countries that actually rely on exports have cushions for fall in oil prices because their post governments- their GEJs- had created an economy that is not solely dependent on oil even if majorly...
As rich as Saudi Arabia is, they switched from an Islamic calendar to a western one meaning a longer calendar with d same wages for government workers... So even d richest oil exporters had a sort of austerity measures but u expect everything to be smooth and rosy in Nigeria where our GEJs and OBJs have failed woefully to diversify d economy and have depleted d excess crude account

Keep on making excuses, OBJ and GEJ failed to diversify our economy but they still did better, and can you say Buhari is diversifying our economy, someone that is sinking in billions looking for oil in chad basin, when will you call your messiah out for his incomptence, i will say this again blaming oil prices is a lazy excuse, you can bet me on this oil prices will go up and we will still be in recession, Buhari has no clue how to run an economy, he failed in 1984 he is failing again

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by foladara777(m): 10:18am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

Keep on making excuses, OBJ and GEJ failed to diversify our economy but they still did better, and can you say Buhari is diversifying our economy, someone that is sinking in billions looking for oil in chad basin, when will you call your messiah out for his incomptence, i will say this again blaming oil prices is a lazy excuse, you can bet me on this oil prices will go up and we will still be in recession, Buhari has no clue how to run an economy, he failed in 1984 he is failing again
U are not making any logical arguments here just resorting to d same overused mantra...
Lemme spell it out for you again.... Why the situation is worse now is because of international factors, namely drop in oil prices caused by forces of demand and supply- which exposed our over- reliance on oil exports.... If GEJ was the president, d same thing will happen... Only that he will be buddy dashing out what is left of our money to Dasuki & co while the people are suffering...
Yh, that reminds me, if Jonathan had been more prudent or honest, we would have done money in or excess crude account to mitigate the effects of this recession buh u guy just gave our money to his friends

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by sanpipita(m): 10:18am On Nov 04, 2016
foladara777:

Really, tell me the exact time when oil prices dropped more than 70%.... Give me facts not conjecture and speculation and keep in mind that at the same time our oil output is at a low because of some criminals calling themselves NDA

Oil prices were low as $20 barrel in 1999 when Obasanjo took over, he never led us to a recession and our low output is much caused by Buhari's brainless leadership approach he choose to confront the Niger Delta rather than dialogue, blame him for that and let me note this we equally had a low output owing to militants activites during Yar'adua regime but we NEVER went into recession, if you can see how Buhari is the problem then i cant help you, continue wallowing in your ignorance and zombism

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Jesusloveyou: 10:20am On Nov 04, 2016
Slikbae:
yes it did. Economic analysts have said so. Sentiments aside, Buhari single handedly plunged Nigeria into recession.
is it pmb that stole your money?
, and your ineffectual buffoon and his gang the elite that stole your future generation should not be blame,
Is not your fault, I blame God for sending you into this world to wail uncontrollable

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by sanpipita(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2016
foladara777:

U are not making any logical arguments here just resorting to d same overused mantra...
Lemme spell it out for you again.... Why the situation is worse now is because of international factors, namely drop in oil prices caused by forces of demand and supply- which exposed our over- reliance on oil exports.... If GEJ was the president, d same thing will happen... Only that he will be buddy dashing out what is left of our money to Dasuki & co while the people are suffering...
Yh, that reminds me, if Jonathan had been more prudent or honest, we would have done money in or excess crude account to mitigate the effects of this recession buh u guy just gave our money to his friends

You voted Buhari to bring you change, before you start calling out GEJ ask yourself where is your change? Buhari made promises how far? Has Buhari in anyway improved on what GEJ left behind, GEJ would have done better than this dullard fact, GEJ would have assembled a world class team and made sure our economy is up and running but this dullard doesnt care, he is rather blaming everything and everyone but himself.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by sanpipita(m): 10:30am On Nov 04, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
is it pmb that stole your money?
, and your ineffectual buffoon and his gang the elite that stole your future generation should not be blame,
Is not your fault, I blame God for sending you into this world to wail uncontrollable

Do you know Nigerian economy generates billions despite recession, do you know this govt has spent trillions of money with nothing to show for it, saying we are in recession cos people stole money is another terrible excuse, Abacha stole us dry but we never got into recession, this economy is still generating money a wise and capable govt would have fixed things by now

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by eezeribe(m): 10:32am On Nov 04, 2016
This old Autocrat should just shut up and look inwards...

You can never solve a problem if you refuse to take responsibility for its cause...

This man should read "cause and effect".. If he can read

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Dabbibbi(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

Can you kindly state these affected countries, are they in recession too with high inflation, moreover opposition claimed oil prices didn't matter under GEJ why should it matter now? lets face it and tell ourselves the truth this govt is incompetent as things stand we are likely to be in recession till they get out of office.
on a very serious note o...as things stand we are likely to remain in recession till they they get out of office... But God Pass them..

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by phantom24: 10:38am On Nov 04, 2016
We learn from big club sides like man united and Chelsea that when things go too bad instead of blaming the players, the coach is either sack or he resigns honourably...so I'll advice if you cant do your job which is to fix the country, you resign
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by foladara777(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

Oil prices were low as $20 barrel in 1999 when Obasanjo took over, he never led us to a recession and our low output is much caused by Buhari's brainless leadership approach he choose to confront the Niger Delta rather than dialogue, blame him for that and let me note this we equally had a low output owing to militants activites during Yar'adua regime but we NEVER went into recession, if you can see how Buhari is the problem then i cant help you, continue wallowing in your ignorance and zombism
Actually, at that time, $20 was not a low price for oil... In fact, d price of oil started recovering in early 1999 and OBJ didn't deplete d excess crude account d way GEJ did... Ur attempt to mislead me is a failure... In fact, d peak of oil prices was during your hero's rule but what did he do with the money?? He financed his campaign!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Jesusloveyou: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

is that the reason your ineffectual buffoon decided to sponsor the militant?
Did yardua not met $67b in foreign reserve and excess crude account during the economy meltdown in 2008?
Did obj fight militant, boko haram and corruption in 1999? Did obj rescue 27 states in 1999? Did obj pay contractors owe by past administration, did obj pay fuel subsidies and fertilizer subsidy owe by past administration?
I don't know how we can fix IPod heads so they can be reasoning well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by phantom24: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2016
We learn from big club sides like man united and Chelsea that when things go too bad instead of blaming the players, the coach is either sack or he resigns honourably...so I'll advice if you cant do your job which is to fix the country, you resign.

Who knows if this dwindling oil prices is even waiting for you to resign as well b4 it stabilize cos It seems things started getting bad the very moment you where sworn -in.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by BIGDADDY000(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2016
Accept! But don't u kno dat b4 proclaiming your anti corruption crusade during ur campaign, @ least u should ave prepared 4 d worse.
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by ubergold(m): 10:46am On Nov 04, 2016
mayorchelsea:
The sane and objective people who have moved on from 2015 election know your government isn't entirely responsible for this recession. We know that we have been running a mono economy totally dependent on the prices of crude oil and we failed to listen to experts who shouted that we started diversifying our economy and left agriculture.Though the inconsistencies in your foreign exchange policies through the CBN didn't also help as you and your cabinet could have done better but we expect you to find solutions to this recession.Don't quote me abeg.
Grammarian! People have moved on from the 2015 election, but the present economic realities keeps making them second guess the present administration. Would you blame them? In less than a year, the dollar value more than doubled and you call that "only". Bro please step back and do a reality check

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by sanpipita(m): 10:48am On Nov 04, 2016
foladara777:

Actually, at that time, $20 was not a low price for oil... In fact, d price of oil started recovering in early 1999 and OBJ didn't deplete d excess crude account d way GEJ did... Ur attempt to mislead me is a failure... In fact, d peak of oil prices was during your hero's rule but what did he do with the money?? He financed his campaign!

Fact is oil prices were low in 1999 when OBJ took over and neither did GEJ deplete the excess crude account, check your facts money was shared to states from the excess crude account at the behest of the opposition then, even Buhari has shared money from this excess crude accoun since he came to office despite his false claims of meeting an empty treasury, and note this oil price were low towards GEJ's tenure end, APC and Buhari were aware of this and they said it wasnt a problem, how come oil prices is now suddenly the problem, exuses wont save us tell your messiah to change things as he promised or let him step down, we have brilliant Nigerians who can do better.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Evii: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2016
Where ever there's a way in, there must surely be way out. Lets join hand with the Government to get out of this mess. United we stand, division... shocked cool[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Jesusloveyou: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2016
eezeribe:
This old Autocrat should just shut up and look inwards...

You can never solve a problem if you refuse to take responsibility for its cause...

This man should read "cause and effect".. If he can read
and the old man is looking inward, by encouraging made in Nigeria products, but you iPods yoot are looking outward by importing all manners of fake things

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by foladara777(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

You voted Buhari to bring you change, before you start calling out GEJ ask yourself where is your change? Buhari made promises how far? Has Buhari in anyway improved on what GEJ left behind, GEJ would have done better than this dullard fact, GEJ would have assembled a world class team and made sure our economy is up and running but this dullard doesnt care, he is rather blaming everything and everyone but himself.
Did I ever say buhari is a good leader, check my earlier post where I said hez clueless... That doesnt mean we shouldn't take note of who caused d real problems here...
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Skookum(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2016
That moment U got the unexpected

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by back2sender: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2016
This recession was caused by the MASSIVE LOOTING OF OUR NATION TREASURY UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF MR & MRS JONATHAN GEJ AND THE 40 THIEVES LED BY DIEZANI OJU OPOLO.

President buhari we believe and trust in your government to reset Nigeria on the path of greatness. God bless you real good, DSS, our men and women in uniform working round the clock so that i can sleep and live in my country Nigeria.

Children of hate from indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan and thier fedora cap republic brothers are free to leave Nigeria and go thier country out side of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Laredojohn(m): 10:53am On Nov 04, 2016
this isn't news again.... it's almost as popular as the National anthem sang in schools on a daily basis, how long shall we continue hearing, "we met empty treasury ", "we are not responsible for the recession " ,"recession is just a word" enough of blame game, funds are recovered let them utilize this and stop all this pity party talks, Government is a continual you inherit assets and liabilities together, you accept blame if things are not going fine, not about giving excuses for not performing by shifting your incompetency to past leaders....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by foladara777(m): 10:56am On Nov 04, 2016
sanpipita:

Fact is oil prices were low in 1999 when OBJ took over and neither did GEJ deplete the excess crude account, check your facts money was shared to states from the excess crude account at the behest of the opposition then, even Buhari has shared money from this excess crude accoun since he came to office despite his false claims of meeting an empty treasury, and note this oil price were low towards GEJ's tenure end, APC and Buhari were aware of this and they said it wasnt a problem, how come oil prices is now suddenly the problem, exuses wont save us tell your messiah to change things as he promised or let him step down, we have brilliant Nigerians who can do better.
I don't care what APC said, this is not a defence of APC, it's a castigation of GEJ and PDP. U said oil prices were low close to GEJ's tenure end... That means he had optimum price for 5 years.... What did he do??
And u can seriously claim GEJ didn't deplete Nigeria's resources... What about d 13 billion pounds in Madueke's account or the millions of naira that d likes of Olisa Metuh have admitted to collecting from Dasuki... Even Patience was not left out of d largesse... Face d fact, Jonathan was a colossal failure, his administration an unmitigated disaster.
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by sanpipita(m): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
is that the reason your ineffectual buffoon decided to sponsor the militant?
Did yardua not met $67b in foreign reserve and excess crude account during the economy meltdown in 2008?
Did obj fight militant, boko haram and corruption in 1999? Did obj rescue 27 states in 1999? Did obj pay contractors owe by past administration, did obj pay fuel subsidies and fertilizer subsidy owe by past administration?
I don't know how we can fix IPod heads so they can be reasoning well.

Pls if you have evidence GEJ is sponsoring militants pls report to the security agents let him get arrested and prosecuted i rather focus on the incomptence of your messiah and how he is ruining us, check your facts Obasanjo inherited $3bn in foreign reserves, GEJ left Buhari with $30bn in foreign reserves now who inherited better? GEJ left Buhari with the fastest growing economy in the world with a single digit inflation rate which the dullard has mismanaged to a double inflation rate and it could get worse.
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by IVORY2009(m): 11:00am On Nov 04, 2016
[s]
Tokety7:
Only shameless fools will say this govt is responsible for current recession. Let me paint a scenario.......

Man A and Woman A fell in love and got married despite woman A already pregnant for Man X. Man A chose to take care of woman A and her unborn baby that Man X is responsible for. Baby now born, Man A has chosen to take responsibility for his upkeep but it's not debatable that he didn't give birth to him.

From the scenario above......
MAN A is General Buhari.
woman A is Nigeria
MAN X is Jonah-daft and his cronies.

The Otuoke drrunkard really destroyed this country no doubt.
[/s]

Only one word, current president Mr Buhari was without ministers for 8-months and you think, dis does not have any effect on the economy?
Re: Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession by Tokety7: 11:01am On Nov 04, 2016
IVORY2009:
[s][/s]

Only one word, current president Mr Buhari was without ministers for 8-months and you think, dis does not have any effect on the economy?

So in ur warped thinking, this is responsible for recession right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'It's Annoying To Link Police Invitation Of Politicians To Buhari' - Presidency / Gov Bagudu Mobilizing People Ahead Of APC Presidential Campaign Today [Photos] / Okah Hides Sim In Pant; Smuggles Phone Into Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.