Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,784 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo (7248 Views)

Criticise But Don't Mock Our Anti-Graft War - Lai Mohammed Tells Media / Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage / Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
KINGwax007:
cheesy

Yes that is the truth. No matter what a Muslim does the people don't make such deformatory statement because they have a stake.

Envy is the biggest problem of Christians. If it is not them, it should not be the other person.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
KINGwax007:
cheesy you shld be ashamed of yourself... You mean to tell me that you believed it was God, who told hi! How much to collect?

Let's see...

OYEDEPO: (on his knees).. My God, the university has been completed, I am here to ask you how much I shld collect for school fees..

HIS GOD: My son, move aside, let me see the suggested fees you have jotted down..

OYEDEPO: (in fear...raises his eyes unto heaven).. Ha, my God, I have not thought aboutna price o. I want you to choose for us..

HIS GOD: [(clears troat)/i].. Oh..Let's see...[i](plays with his beard while thinking)...OK...OK...collect 500K per child.

OYEDEPO: frowns 500 kobo?

HIS GOD: 500 kobo as how na? My son, 500 thousand naira per child na...

OYEDEPO: happy.. Thank you, my God. I am very grateful. suddenly realises something... But em... Father...

HIS GOD: what is it, my child?

OYEDEPO: what about the poor ones in the congregation, Sir? Remember, they also contributed, either small or big, they...

HIS GOD: rises up in anger..thunder strikes and the whole place trembles. OYEDEPO was very scared... Do not question me!!! Do you want me to strike you mouth odour?

OYEDEPO: trembling.. Sorry, my God. I dare not question you...

Light fades...

You should be a shame of yourself. You should hid your ignorance over what is beyond you.

It is in Nigeria that a medical doctor give instructions to a mechanic.

You just showed the world your shallow mentality. Can you tell how a native doctor gets his message?

Anywhere envy is your problem.

If you wish so much it was you, why not start building your church, mosque or shrine.

Is not too late if you start now
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by KINGwax007(m): 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

You should be a shame of yourself. You should hid your ignorance over what is beyond you.

You just showed the world your shallow mentality. Can you tell how a native doctor gets his message?

If you wish so much it was you, why not start building your church, mosque or shrine.

shut the fucck up.. You guys are just too gullible

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Topgainer: 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
JingoOAU:
I don't wanna believe this cos the sauce is watery

Oyedepo cnt say something like that

I cnt believe it
Then you don't know Oyedepo. He subjects his followers to unapologetic reverence of him through intimidation and brazen flaunting of wealth acquired from the same subjects.
I have a thread on this forum where I expressed my doubts and reservations on his kind of Christianity that thrives in threatening, intimidation and brandishing curses (Spell) on his followers to whip them into positions of endless seed sowing and collections. That is clearly a different kind of Jesus and a different Christianity from the one we know. It is end time already and we can't expect less

Anybody who has an independent mind will know for sure that God didn't command him to collect 500 thousand naira per head as school fees or
that anybody who disagrees with the school fees charged by way of criticism will be struck with mouth odour
Or perhaps be thrown into chambers of Hell, if his god still allowed him retain the Keys of Gate of Hell.

Sometimes, I wonder how the Oyedepo that wrote lovely Christian literatures years ago metamorphosed into what we see today

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Since you can't say it. Let me help you. Jesus commanded,"go and preach to all creature all the words of this book". It is not some but all.

I made reference to what he told john disciplines," the poor has the message preached unto them". This show that principally the message of the kingdom is for the poor. As it is to the blind. Remember, he that is healthy has no need of a doctor - Jesus..

What is salvation? Freedom from whatever is holding you. If poverty is holding you down, you need salvation. He became poor that you might be rich-this is salvation paying for your poverty with his wealth.

To have asked what manner of life Jesus lived show you don't read your bible. The people of his time called him glutton. Go check out the meaning. He had supper in the best houses in his time. He had a treasurer as a thief and he never felt the impact. When he died, the soldiers could not part his garment because the class was beyond what they were used to.

Bros, recreate your mentality with the word. God can only give you what you believe. As he told Cain, poverty is at the door. Don't let it rule you.

another hook and line story just to deceive.

the truth is I am not as gullible as you are.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Listen my friend. Christianity is a call for salvation from sin. Sin is the principal chain holding man. All other chains like sickness, barrenness, poverty etc are just extension of that chain. Once save from that, the rest are easy to shake off.

Listen also, you are not saved to go heaven. You are saved into heaven immediately you are saved. God is looking up to you to manifest heaven where you now live on earth.

I hope this help you.

If you know live in heaven, that doesn't sound or look like poverty.

You need to help yourself first before thinking of helping someone else.

keep deceiving yourself....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by apcisevil: 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
If all the bible churchy Christianity thing is real, pastors like oyedepo will be so pious and forsake luxury because they would only be interested about heaven. .. they won't even venture into education or businesses but only concentrate on winning souls...even most would not marry, just catholic priest, they would not need jets, but behaves like jehovah witness or use bicycle like the church of the mamon, but because all these are lies, they are only interested abour enriching themselves

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Topgainer: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
APCHaram:

This is not Christianity and it will never be.

Oyedopo and his gang.
He was not like this.
When I look at things like this I tend to admit that Satan has powers and that God left him with enough powers of temptation , to actually take a pious man from the humble life of Jesus to a position where the person's mind is occupied with Businesses and cooperations to establish for profit among other things using Christianity as a Franchise, is no mean feat.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Mynd44: 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Topgainer: 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:
The poor have the gospel preached unto them. Was Jesus wrong? No!

Only the truth of the gospel can make the poor rich. But the poor is too wise to accept the wisdom of God. Hence, they remain in poverty and blame the rich.

Fall in line with God's instructions not against it to experience it.

However, no instruction is not without pain.
Private and selfish interpretation to Scripture, a common feature of American inventions and corruption of Christianity.
We know the account and material acquisitions of the men who teach you such things and are profiting by you as it were.
Can we see your own bank account since you are "the poor that has the gospel preached to you"

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
Though not a fan of Chris Oyakhilome and TB Joshua, I still rate them above People like Oyedepo that blaspheme the name of God at will and use it in vain. SMH

“The school fees has Gods approval and is in accordance with the quality of facilities provided by the university in meeting the educational needs of the nation,”
God don become University Governing Council Chairman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Naijiant: 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
Would Christ charge fees if he set up a university today?
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/bishop-oyedepo-covenant-god/

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by rusher14: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
Naijiant:
Would Christ charge fees if he set up a university today?
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/bishop-oyedepo-covenant-god/

By the doctrine of Oyedepo of course he would charge poor Africans in pounds as His father is not poor and poverty is a chain.

He hates poor people especially those that question because their naivety is what impoverishes them.

Woe unto the poor man for his sins have condemned him.

angry
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
Look, whether this story is true or not, the truth of the matter is that most of you blindly criticize his schools without thinking how much it would cost him to even run them.

You will be surprised to find out that some of these church private universities do not make profit from their schools. You'll just be asking them to reduce it. So they reduce it to the point that dullards and people who are not serious with their education can attend and pull down the standards of their school.
Spend money and build school, then in the name of church members, you allow everything you struggled to build to be brought down to nothing.

They have scholarships for their church members and children, so those who are genuinely serious with their studies can get in.
Try to see things from their perspective,not just your own way all the time.

Do you even have any idea how much it would take to pay the salaries of the cleaners, window washers, teachers, maintenance officers, canteen workers, and security men in that school alone. And he doesn't owe them salaries,something our government has excelled in.

Even the electricity alone. I'm sure they receive almost 24 hours of electricity every single day, every day of the year which would power not only the hostels, but the entire school as well as it's equipments. You think he fetches fuel from a well? Or because he is a Pastor he can now convert water to fuel.

Not to talk of maintenance of all the equipments in that school.
He has decided to bring education to Nigeria which meets at least an average standard when compared with world class universities, and you people are complaining.
Your government has only succeeded in looting funds meant for your education, and some of you still defend them.

You would have also asked Cambridge, Harvard, MIT, and the likes to reduce their fees nah. Or because he is a Pastor, that gives you the right to pounce on him.

Be Considerate people, please.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by ZoneBslayer(m): 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
I don't care about what oyedepo preaches in his congregation but I will NEVER criticize private school fees...Nigerians always want to eat their cakes and have it..tell most of them to come lecture in those schools for less or even for free and they will tell you that they have a family to provide for.. bloody hypocrites! your government rakes in money a hundred times more than these private schools and yet they owe teachers, go on strike and underfund their universities.. una no go hold them accountable....mcheww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
Topgainer:

Private and selfish interpretation to Scripture, a common feature of American inventions and corruption of Christianity.
We know the account and material acquisitions of the men who teach you such things and are profiting by you as it were.
Can we see your own bank account since you are "the poor that has the gospel preached to you"

You cannot contain my wealth.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
ZoneBslayer:
I don't care about what oyedepo preaches in his congregation but I will NEVER criticize private school fees...Nigerians always want to eat their cakes and have it..tell most of them to come lecture in those schools for less or even for free and they will tell you that they have a family to provide for.. bloody hypocrites! your government rakes in money a hundred times more than these private schools and yet they owe teachers, go on strike and underfund their universities.. una no go hold them accountable....mcheww
I just tire.
Even if he makes it 50k,they will still complain.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
KINGwax007:
cheesy you shld be ashamed of yourself... You mean to tell me that you believed it was God, who told hi! How much to collect?

Let's see...

OYEDEPO: (on his knees).. My God, the university has been completed, I am here to ask you how much I shld collect for school fees..

HIS GOD: My son, move aside, let me see the suggested fees you have jotted down..

OYEDEPO: (in fear...raises his eyes unto heaven).. Ha, my God, I have not thought aboutna price o. I want you to choose for us..

HIS GOD: [(clears troat)/i].. Oh..Let's see...[i](plays with his beard while thinking)...OK...OK...collect 500K per child.

OYEDEPO: frowns 500 kobo?

HIS GOD: 500 kobo as how na? My son, 500 thousand naira per child na...

OYEDEPO: happy.. Thank you, my God. I am very grateful. suddenly realises something... But em... Father...

HIS GOD: what is it, my child?

OYEDEPO: what about the poor ones in the congregation, Sir? Remember, they also contributed, either small or big, they...

HIS GOD: rises up in anger..thunder strikes and the whole place trembles. OYEDEPO was very scared... Do not question me!!! Do you want me to strike you mouth odour?

OYEDEPO: trembling.. Sorry, my God. I dare not question you...

Light fades...

He never said God told him the school fees. I was present live in the meeting. But since fighting the wealthy gives you life you bought the lies hook, line and sinker.

Live with it
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
uboma:

The truth is, you are too gullible to accept any story that cruficies anyone that has money. Its the birth of generational poverty. You can't have what you hate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
uboma:

The truth is, you are too gullible. You accept any story that cruficies anyone that has money. Its the birth of generational poverty. You can't have what you hate.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
uboma:

Watch your life, its about fighting against anyone who is impactful. You must bring him/her down to your level. Now that is practically being gullible.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by LadyExcellency: 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Since you can't say it. Let me help you. Jesus commanded,"go and preach to all creature all the words of this book". It is not some but all.

I made reference to what he told john disciplines," the poor has the message preached unto them". This show that principally the message of the kingdom is for the poor. As it is to the blind. Remember, he that is healthy has no need of a doctor - Jesus..

What is salvation? Freedom from whatever is holding you. If poverty is holding you down, you need salvation. He became poor that you might be rich-this is salvation paying for your poverty with his wealth.

To have asked what manner of life Jesus lived show you don't read your bible. The people of his time called him glutton. Go check out the meaning. He had supper in the best houses in his time. He had a treasurer as a thief and he never felt the impact. When he died, the soldiers could not part his garment because the class was beyond what they were used to.

Bros, recreate your mentality with the word. God can only give you what you believe. As he told Cain, poverty is at the door. Don't let it rule you.

Stop deceiving yourself and your audience. The message to Christians is first salvation and then to be content with basic needs of life.

"And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition." (1 Timothy 6:8-9 NKJV).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Icecream4U(m): 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

oga, what if "the poor has the message preached unto them" was because, the poor are the ones willing to listen cos they want something to give them hope?

The rich are healthy and wealthy. They mostly don't care about doctor and scripture.

Wealth can come to anyone be it Christian, Muslim, idol worshiper, atheist etc regardless of whether the word is preached to them or not. NOBODY WEY NO FIT TO MAKE AM.

Somebody like you, with little twisting of the scripture can be made to cough out money like a spoilt ATM for a very long time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by LadyExcellency: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

With such gutter languages above, I bet you are not even a Christ-like (Christian)

Stop twisting the gospel as regarding the passage that said "the gospel preached to the poor"

The bible specifically taught us something from these verses:

"Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches - Feed me with the food allotted to me; Lest I be full and deny You, And say, "Who is the LORD?" Or lest I be poor and steal, And profane the name of my God." (Proverbs 30:8-9 NKJV).

"For the poor will never cease from the land; therefore I command you, saying, "You shall open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor and your needy, in your land.'" (Deuteronomy 15:11 NKJV).

And secondly, this polluted world where Satan rules is not and will never be heaven according to our (Christ) gospel.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
phemmyutd:
why "Wrath of God" because of criticising the schools fees?

Even Jesus was critics during his days and never brought down wrath of God of human, but died for their sins.

It's not a most to send ones children to such school if you can't afford it.

But we all including men of God make critics of every government.

It is well with my Soul

Abeg shut up...if I may ask are you a student of covenant university?
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
fuckboy:

Abeg shut up...if I may ask are you a student of covenant university?
What does it matter? Everybody be expecting the pastor to make the school free, so that people who don't value their education can come and run it down.
You for tell MIT them to make the fees free nah, so that everybody can enter.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
indomitablesq:
Dr David Oyedepo, the Bishop of the Living Faith Church worldwide, has appealed to those criticising the school fees charged by Covenant University to desist to avoid incurring the wrath of God.
Oyedepo, in a telecast to a pre-Shiloh 2016 Convention gathering of the church monitored via satellite in Jos on Saturday, said the critics were acting in ignorance and risked incurring the wrath of God.
He said one of such critic smitten with a strange plague of chronic mouth odour over the act only received spiritual pardon following his confession and “my intervention before he was restored to dignity”.
Oyedepo said the issue of school fees paid by students of the university was a godly agenda to meet the demands of raising godly children in an environment conducive for learning.
He said such criticisms were products of ignorance as what students pay could not be compared with what obtained elsewhere that lacked facilities.
“The school fees has Gods approval and is in accordance with the quality of facilities provided by the university in meeting the educational needs of the nation,” he said.
He said the church in its pioneering role in pushing the frontiers of education with excellence had concluded plans to establish offshore universities.
The cleric said a fully automated Bible press by the church had been completed and would be launched soon.
Oyedepo, however, quoting from some verses of the Bible, which include Matthew 24:6-8, 1Peter 2:9, Joel 2:2 and Mal. 4:1, said the current economic meltdown was predicted but that committed Christians would be exempted.
He prayed for resources for parents to always meet the demands of the time and declared the theme of this year’s Shiloh holding between Dec. 6 and Dec. 10 as “My Case is Different”.
The bishop said this year’s annual event of Shiloh would not be advertised as past events as it would be church based.
(nan) .click here for more- http://indomitablesq..com.ng/2016/11/dont-criticise-my-varsity-fees-oyedepo.html
If this news is from a blog then I wouldn't believe it except from a reliable newspaper
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
KINGwax007:
This is the most funny shitt av ever read...

Even as a christian, I dey shame

He can come to say the fees is justifiable when compare to the quality of education the students get but threatening the masses "wrath of God" because they critizes the varsity fees that's disappointing if he did say it.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Ovamboland(m): 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

What brought you to that conclusion.

Before you do that, I want to tell you what Jesus told the messengers of John, " the poor have the gospel preach unto them".

Christianity is a message of prosperity. It is lack of understanding that is killing people.

How come 98% of Christians are only managing to survive? Why is it such that only the few at the top of the collection pyramid are the richest and enjoy all the luxuries like flying private jet?

Why is it that the richest people are not Christians? Are you saying devil is doing a better job by making his supporters more prosperous than Christians?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
DrayZee:

What does it matter? Everybody be expecting the pastor to make the school free, so that people who don't value their education can come and run it down.
You for tell MIT them to make the fees free nah, so that everybody can enter.

it's not a must for the school fees to be free...but it's suppose to be affordable for majority not minority... the school being owned by a pastor with an enormous amount as school fee is really bad

1 Like

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Beamborla(f): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Christianity is a call to preach prosperity. Until you know it, you cannot believe it and until you believe it, it cannot manifest.
Salvation, sir, not prosperity

Seek first the kingdom of God...pls, non believers are on this forum... Guard your words.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 11:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
fuckboy:

it's not a must for the school fees to be free...but it's suppose to be affordable for majority not minority... the school being owned by a pastor with an enormous amount as school fee is really bad
Look at schools with their fees low enough to accommodate the majority, how are their standards like. Can you name a single one of them with moral and/or academic standards up to that of Covenant or Landmark?
No. You know why?
Because there is a separation. Random people are not allowed to enter anyhow.

His church members that aided the building of the schools have been given an opportunity to send their wards there by provision of scholarships, as long as they show they are academically sound, as seen in other scholarship programs.
If this is not good enough, what more do you want from the man?

How can you even be comparing a private university to public universities. There's so much difference. Just because the owner is a Pastor doesn't mean he should be stupid to make the fees the same as those of public universities. It is not sustainable. If he did that, we would not be hearing of Covenant today. It would have crumbled a long time ago and would be known as a failed attempt at providing cheap but high quality education.

You pay more for quality.

And some Nigerians sef complaining on this thread will still be the ones to say that the school is nothing but a secondary school. Yet they want the fees to be reduced by all means so they can either go there or send their children there.

Hypocrites... Hating something because you can't afford it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

December Deadline Missed: Where Is The Lagos Light Rail? / Ex-adamawa Deputy Governor, Tahir Dumps PDP For APC / Reflections From A Wreath Laying Ceremony- By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.