Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo (7252 Views)

Criticise But Don't Mock Our Anti-Graft War - Lai Mohammed Tells Media / Nigerians Criticise Senate For Asking CBN To Give Dollars At N200 For Pilgrimage / Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2016
DrayZee:

Look at schools with their fees low enough to accommodate the majority, how are their standards like. Can you name a single one of them with moral and/or academic standards up to that of Covenant or Landmark?
No. You know why?
Because there is a separation. Random people are not allowed to enter anyhow.

His church members that aided the building of the schools have been given an opportunity to send their wards there by provision of scholarships, as long as they show they are academically sound, as seen in other scholarship programs.
If this is not good enough, what more do you want from the man?

How can you even be comparing a private university to public universities. There's so much difference. Just because the owner is a Pastor doesn't mean he should be stupid to make the fees the same as those of public universities. It is not sustainable. If he did that, we would not be hearing of Covenant today. It would have crumbled a long time ago and would be known as a failed attempt at providing cheap but high quality education.

You pay more for quality.

And some Nigerians sef complaining on this thread will still be the ones to say that the school is nothing but a secondary school. Yet they want the fees to be reduced by all means so they can either go there or send their children there.

Hypocrites... Hating something because you can't afford it.

I just want to ask you a simple question did you graduate from there or you're schooling there which one
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
fuckboy:

I just want to ask you a simple question did you graduate from there or you're schooling there which one
Neither. I just don't like it when people apportion blames on a person based on unverified facts.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by crown777(m): 3:45am On Nov 06, 2016
Men of the world, claiming to be men of God. Oluwa mi is watching from the above. Besides no more Ghana mu$t go from A$o Rock again.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 06, 2016
DrayZee:

Neither. I just don't like it when people apportion blames on a person based on unverified facts.

so you can't afford it...there are some things you need to see clearly...because he's a pastor doesn't mean he can't do bad things... let's say it was buhari that owned a school and the school fees is high what will you say
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 6:40am On Nov 06, 2016
fuckboy:

so you can't afford it...there are some things you need to see clearly...because he's a pastor doesn't mean he can't do bad things... let's say it was buhari that owned a school and the school fees is high what will you say
First of all, I had applied to the school before and I didn't get my desired course so that is the only reason I'm not there now. So it's fees are not a source of concern to me.
Now, I would like to address your Buhari question more openly but let me use this example.
I will be going for an Alevel course next year. The name is Ashgrove Academy in Uniport. It was commissioned by Buhari.
Now get this.... The fees for boarding are about 1.2million naira for the duration of the course while day is about 500k for the duration of the course. So what do you have to say about that?

Before you talk, let me just let you know that the price you pay for food in the boarding is about 600k. You didn't think about food, did you?

I can't believe how convenient my life was to answer this your question.
I await your reply.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 6:48am On Nov 06, 2016
Nigerians...They just love to hate anything good. The poor decisions we have made due to this our method of talking without thinking are what got us to where we are.
The thing is some people are still commenting blindly and have no idea if someone has explained the situation at hand.
Anything associated with God, they pour hatred into it.

Afe Babalola is there and they are more expensive than Covenant, yet Covenant has more intensive courses.
But you don't see anyone insulting Afe because it wasn't a Pastor who built it.
Talking without thinking, yet we complain that we are not moving forward.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by KINGwax007(m): 7:05am On Nov 06, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

He never said God told him the school fees. I was present live in the meeting. But since fighting the wealthy gives you life you bought the lies hook, line and sinker.

Live with it
'fighting the wealthy'.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Do I look like a beggar to u? You are gullible. That's just the point... And I am no fool..
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 7:46am On Nov 06, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

The truth is, you are too gullible. You accept any story that cruficies anyone that has money. Its the birth of generational poverty. You can't have what you hate.

Rubbish!

I have enough to even cater for you.

Ask politely and maybe I will oblige you.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 06, 2016
We now have gods of men
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Watch your life, its about fighting against anyone who is impactful. You must bring him/her down to your level. Now that is practically being gullible.

how is criticizing the the high tuition fees of Oyedepo's University fighting against one who assumes he is impacting to the society.

Peeps like you take in everything the clergy tell you without researching from the Scriptures.

keep being a dummy....
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 06, 2016
DrayZee:

First of all, I had applied to the school before and I didn't get my desired course so that is the only reason I'm not there now. So it's fees are not a source of concern to me.
Now, I would like to address your Buhari question more openly but let me use this example.
I will be going for an Alevel course next year. The name is Ashgrove Academy in Uniport. It was commissioned by Buhari.
Now get this.... The fees for boarding are about 1.2million naira for the duration of the course while day is about 500k for the duration of the course. So what do you have to say about that?

Before you talk, let me just let you know that the price you pay for food in the boarding is about 600k. You didn't think about food, did you?

I can't believe how convenient my life was to answer this your question.
I await your reply.

I'm sorry to have upset you but just chill and look at it...a school owned by a "messenger of God" being more expensive than that of govt...my point is why do you claim to be a man of God when you can't compensate your followers...jesus Christ fed 5000 people with just two loaves of bread and five fishes why can't he just do what Jesus did but a bit different by reducing the fees to something his members can afford...majority of his members Don't even go to the schools he built with tithes and offerings
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 10:28am On Nov 06, 2016
fuckboy:

I'm sorry to have upset you but just chill and look at it...a school owned by a "messenger of God" being more expensive than that of govt...my point is why do you claim to be a man of God when you can't compensate your followers...jesus Christ fed 5000 people with just two loaves of bread and five fishes why can't he just do what Jesus did but a bit different by reducing the fees to something his members can afford...majority of his members Don't even go to the schools he built with tithes and offerings
My God. Did you even read my initial post.
All these questions you ask I answered them all.
He being a messenger of God doesn't give him the power to bend the laws of economics. How can you expect a private university to be as cheap or cheaper than a public university. Where on earth can you find such a thing?
You want him to compensate his followers? Fine, he gives scholarships exclusively to his members and their children.

Even as the fees are high, it's still difficult to enter, or get your desired course. What do you think will happen when he decides to reduce the prices and flood the school with morally decadent children. Why can't you see that this will destroy the school?
Have you seen any public university that interviews each of it's potential candidates? The school needs to ensure that you will not bring down it's standards.

You're saying he should bring it down to public university level, just because he is a Pastor. How is that different from opening another public university where moral decadence is the order of the day.

If that is how his school is, you people will say that his school does not depict the work of God.

Even besides all these, the fact remains that YOU CANNOT RUN A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY AND MAKE THE FEES LOW. YOU CANNOT.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 06, 2016
DrayZee:

My God. Did you even read my initial post.
All these questions you ask I answered them all.
He being a messenger of God doesn't give him the power to bend the laws of economics. How can you expect a private university to be as cheap or cheaper than a public university. Where on earth can you find such a thing?
You want him to compensate his followers? Fine, he gives scholarships exclusively to his members and their children.

Even as the fees are high, it's still difficult to enter, or get your desired course. What do you think will happen when he decides to reduce the prices and flood the school with morally decadent children. Why can't you see that this will destroy the school?
Have you seen any public university that interviews each of it's potential candidates? The school needs to ensure that you will not bring down it's standards.

You're saying he should bring it down to public university level, just because he is a Pastor. How is that different from opening another public university where moral decadence is the order of the day.

If that is how his school is, you people will say that his school does not depict the work of God.

Even besides all these, the fact remains that YOU CANNOT RUN A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY AND MAKE THE FEES LOW. YOU CANNOT.

your post are long and boring
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by 989900D: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2016
These men are men of Satan -- "true sons of the devil".

The missionary came and gave us good education at no cut-throat cost.

CMS Grammar School.
Baptist Academy.
St. Finbarrs.
St. Gregory.
Saint Anne's.
St. Loius.
Igbobi College.
Methodists . . .
All the the Our Lady of . . .

And the list is endless.

Shame on these crooks for pastors.

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by DrayZee: 11:26am On Nov 06, 2016
fuckboy:

your post are long and boring
I posted something long to cater for all your questions and instead of reading it, you decide to ask the same questions over and over again.
Then there's no need explaining anything to you. Keep deceiving yourselves. If the man is justified in God's sight, he has no problem.
If I have provided all these to you and you refuse to even look at it, then what more do you want? People like you don't learn. I won't be surprised if you didn't even read this one.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2016
DrayZee:

I posted something long to cater for all your questions and instead of reading it, you decide to ask the same questions over and over again.
Then there's no need explaining anything to you. Keep deceiving yourselves. If the man is justified in God's sight, he has no problem.
If I have provided all these to you and you refuse to even look at it, then what more do you want? People like you don't learn. I won't be surprised if you didn't even read this one.

too bad I did
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
uboma:

how is criticizing the the high tuition fees of Oyedepo's University fighting against one who assumes he is impacting to the society.

Peeps like you take in everything the clergy tell you without researching from the Scriptures.

keep being a dummy....

How many privates schools in Nigeria has a cheaper fees than Covenant with the equipment and infrastructure they have. You say something is costly when you have a comparison. However, when did it become a crime for an institution to set a certain price for its services?
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
uboma:

Rubbish!

I have enough to even cater for you.

Ask politely and maybe I will oblige you.

Go help your family. You can send one to Covenant university.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
KINGwax007:
'fighting the wealthy'.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin
Do I look like a beggar to u? You are gullible. That's just the point... And I am no fool..

You sound like one. Since I can't see you I judge you by your word. Go get a life with a purpose.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 9:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Go help your family. You can send one to Covenant university.

What is special about Covenant university?

I have a Nephew schooling in London and i contribute towards his upkeep in school.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by uboma(m): 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

How many privates schools in Nigeria has a cheaper fees than Covenant with the equipment and infrastructure they have. You say something is costly when you have a comparison. However, when did it become a crime for an institution to set a certain price for its services?

kindly state here for all to read, the equipment and infrastructure that is peculiar to Covenant University alone.

And when did it become a crime to criticize the tuition fees of a private university like Covenant University?

Stop exposing your low IQ here boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
Beamborla:

Salvation, sir, not prosperity

Seek first the kingdom of God...pls, non believers are on this forum... Guard your words.

What is salvation? And why is it necessary?

Salvation is to save man from sin. It is necessary to restore his lost glory of which poverty, sickness are are part of.

Say the word as raw as it is. You can't save a soul, that is God's job.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Allsouls: 9:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
indomitablesq:
Dr David Oyedepo, the Bishop of the Living Faith Church worldwide, has appealed to those criticising the school fees charged by Covenant University to desist to avoid incurring the wrath of God.
Oyedepo, in a telecast to a pre-Shiloh 2016 Convention gathering of the church monitored via satellite in Jos on Saturday, said the critics were acting in ignorance and risked incurring the wrath of God.
He said one of such critic smitten with a strange plague of chronic mouth odour over the act only received spiritual pardon following his confession and “my intervention before he was restored to dignity”.
Oyedepo said the issue of school fees paid by students of the university was a godly agenda to meet the demands of raising godly children in an environment conducive for learning.
He said such criticisms were products of ignorance as what students pay could not be compared with what obtained elsewhere that lacked facilities.
“The school fees has Gods approval and is in accordance with the quality of facilities provided by the university in meeting the educational needs of the nation,” he said.
He said the church in its pioneering role in pushing the frontiers of education with excellence had concluded plans to establish offshore universities.
The cleric said a fully automated Bible press by the church had been completed and would be launched soon.
Oyedepo, however, quoting from some verses of the Bible, which include Matthew 24:6-8, 1Peter 2:9, Joel 2:2 and Mal. 4:1, said the current economic meltdown was predicted but that committed Christians would be exempted.
He prayed for resources for parents to always meet the demands of the time and declared the theme of this year’s Shiloh holding between Dec. 6 and Dec. 10 as “My Case is Different”.
The bishop said this year’s annual event of Shiloh would not be advertised as past events as it would be church based.
(nan) .click here for more- http://indomitablesq..com.ng/2016/11/dont-criticise-my-varsity-fees-oyedepo.html

What is this man saying, I wonder which god told you when poor man child that contributes offerings and tithe for building of the church can't afford the school fees.
Have we forgotten that most of this top pastors today enjoy free education from the early missionaries and is peoples money they us to build the schools then.
Your mentioning wart of God, may be is demigod wart not the true God.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
Ovamboland:

How come 98% of Christians are only managing to survive? Why is it such that only the few at the top of the collection pyramid are the richest and enjoy all the luxuries like flying private jet?

Why is it that the richest people are not Christians? Are you saying devil is doing a better job by making his supporters more prosperous than Christians?

Say the people you know. Winners have the largest number of wealthy men in Nigeria. It is indisputable. Check your record.

Now, not everyone who goes to church is a Christian. Most you call Christian don't follow instructions. Hence, they will remain as non Christian.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
LadyExcellency:

With such gutter languages above, I bet you are not even a Christ-like (Christian)

Stop twisting the gospel as regarding the passage that said "the gospel preached to the poor"

The bible specifically taught us something from these verses:

"Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches - Feed me with the food allotted to me; Lest I be full and deny You, And say, "Who is the LORD?" Or lest I be poor and steal, And profane the name of my God." (Proverbs 30:8-9 NKJV).

"For the poor will never cease from the land; therefore I command you, saying, "You shall open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor and your needy, in your land.'" (Deuteronomy 15:11 NKJV).

And secondly, this polluted world where Satan rules is not and will never be heaven according to our (Christ) gospel.

Thank you.

If you don't believe what Jesus said that the gospel is preached to the poor mean you see Jesus as a liar basically because of circumstances around you.

The word don't adjusr to circumstances, circumstances adjust to the word.

Am talking of Jesus and your talking of moses. Am speaking of grace and your talking of the law. What you see is your reality not mine.

Who told Satan is ruling the world? And who even told you a Christian lives in the world?

Go and read your bible to be free from religion.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by LadyExcellency: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

What is salvation? And why is it necessary?

Salvation is to save man from sin. It is necessary to restore his lost glory of which poverty, sickness are are part of.

Say the word as raw as it is. You can't save a soul, that is God's job.

Salvation is not hinged on earthly possession or being economically/financially comfortable here on earth and can never be according to our gospel.

"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (1 Corinthians 15:19 KJV).

"And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition." (1 Timothy 6:8-9 NKJV).
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
Icecream4U:
oga, what if "the poor has the message preached unto them" was because, the poor are the ones willing to listen cos they want something to give them hope?

The rich are healthy and wealthy. They mostly don't care about doctor and scripture.

Wealth can come to anyone be it Christian, Muslim, idol worshiper, atheist etc regardless of whether the word is preached to them or not. NOBODY WEY NO FIT TO MAKE AM.

Somebody like you, with little twisting of the scripture can be made to cough out money like a spoilt ATM for a very long time.

Not everyone can make money. Only people who have money making mentality that can make money.

The first rule to making money is self confidence. The poor lack this. The gospel recreate their mentality to dare the impossible.

Beyond daring the impossible, the scripture shows a pattern that leads to wealth when diligently followed.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Stop deceiving yourself and your audience. The message to Christians is first salvation and then to be content with basic needs of life.

"And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition." (1 Timothy 6:8-9 NKJV).

What are you saved from and into?

Interpreting the scripture privately puts you in greater ignorance than you were before it.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
uboma:

kindly state here for all to read, the equipment and infrastructure that is peculiar to Covenant University alone.

And when did it become a crime to criticize the tuition fees of a private university like Covenant University?

Stop exposing your low IQ here boy.

High IQ man since you registered on nairaland, how many private universities have you criticized beside covenant university?

State the fees of two private universities in Nigeria that you know beside covenant university.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by LadyExcellency: 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

If you don't believe what Jesus said that the gospel is preached to the poor mean you see Jesus as a liar basically because of circumstances around you.

The word don't adjusr to circumstances, circumstances adjust to the word.

Am talking of Jesus and your talking of moses. Am speaking of grace and your talking of the law. What you see is your reality not mine.

Who told Satan is ruling the world? And who even told you a Christian lives in the world?

Go and read your bible to be free from religion.

You are not a Christian - Fact. The bible said: By their fruits, we shall know them. The use of gutter languages in replying your audience is a testament to who you are.

Secondly, there is a great difference from Christian Stewardship and Religious Salesmanship. A Steward owns nothing but Christ.

To disprove your fallacy, I've always try to backup my comments with bible quotations hence stop alluding those comments to me.

The poor are stackholder in the kingdom of heaven where being pure in heart (holiness) made possible through Christ is one of the criteria to see God.

"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (1 Corinthians 15:19 KJV).

Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
uboma:

What is special about Covenant university?

I have a Nephew schooling in London and i contribute towards his upkeep in school.

The thing that attract you to it is what makes it special. I have not heard you talk of the London school your nephew attend on nairaland with the venom you poor anytime covenant university is mention. Now there is something special about this school that only you know.

I guess your nephew spend more in London without your making noise about it. But since it is in Nigeria and not your family. You must bring it down. That is the special thing about it.
Re: Don’t Criticise My Varsity Fees – Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Salvation is not hinged on earthly possession or being economically/financially comfortable here on earth and can never be according to our gospel.

Quoting scripture without understanding is the reason many Christians are down.

Why did Jesus came? To save man from sin.
Why was it necessary to save man from sin? Man has lost his relationship with God which gave him glory.

All have sin and come short of the glory of God. If you claim to be born again without God's glory, you are a fake.

If in this life you have hope only in Christ (without proof of his glory) you are of all men most miserable.

Contention doesn't connote lack. It means being satisfied with what you have. You can have 1000 and be contented and you can still have 9000000 and still be contented.

Poverty is alien to Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Governors, Others On FG's Blue Economy Committee / APC Caretaker Committee: End Of The Road For Buni? / Lagos State Is Sinking In A Sea Of Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.