Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee (80351 Views)

"Tithing Works" Daddy Freeze Diss Pastor Oyedepo And Wife With Throwback Photos / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 11:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
fergie001:
Speaking in tongues isn't a gift of the Holy Spirit

And sir where did i say it was? i said its a biblical evidence
Act 2:1-4
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 11:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
mightyleks:

Thats not my question

Which is??
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ZoneBslayer(m): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2016
dejilg:

now please show me the quote u just alluded to that I tried to twist.....if u will allow me remind u that u brought up the issue of "treasurer"

secondly u argued Christ was rich on earth and now u have retracted and only claimed He was influential (whatever that meant in ur world....cos He was being sought for by most just to be killed)

the statement about the colt is meant to be a joke right?
getting something free doesn't amount to having the financial capability to buy it....dont confuse the 2.....

the 12 disciples couldn't even acquire a tomb after he was killed....

Jesus had no earthly riches as it can be seen clearly in the Bible and hence ur prosperity gospel falls flat on its face
No YOU show me where I said Christ was rich on earth...I bet you can't do that cuz you will see that what I said instead was that even though he didn't need the riches of this earth he was by no means poor man..

(He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it. john 12:6)........this is Judas who was the disciple's treasurer..if they had no money, from which money Judas come dey steal from??

your last paragraph, my point still remains that Christ could get virtually ANYTHING he wanted because people were willing to give them to him..be it money, or donkeys or horses..but he didn't need them for his purpose...zaccheus a wealthy tax collector was overjoyed to host him in his house...that is a man with influence and power! a man who could have gotten any worldly thing he wanted but didn't.. Christ was never a poor man EOD.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Goodnight my dear, enough has been said over this issue.
night night dear. grin
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
mightyleks:

Is that the only Biblical evidence of one being filled with the Holy Spirit?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 11:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Which is??

dont worry its already late lets sleep over it
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by CecyAdrian(f): 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
mightyleks:

dont worry its already late lets sleep over it

Aiit, goodnight
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 11:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Is that the only Biblical evidence of one being filled with the Holy Spirit?

After the holy-spirit comes upon u, u must b able to speak in new tongues
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by fergie001: 12:00am On Nov 06, 2016
mightyleks:

OK,noted
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 12:04am On Nov 06, 2016
fergie001:
OK,noted
ya. i know the gift/fruits of the spirit
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 12:06am On Nov 06, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Aiit, goodnight

sound sleep and make sure u go to church
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by metallisc(m): 12:07am On Nov 06, 2016
mightyleks:

After the holy-spirit comes upon u, u must b able to speak in new tongues

abeg, what utter nonsense are you on about? do you even know what 'tongue' means?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by luminouz(m): 12:21am On Nov 06, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Am not engaged in any fight, we are discussing and learning from each other. But you are a violent man because you saw that photo, look at it, liked it and decided to use it to cause an effect in me.
Really? Nobody is learning from u...don't u get it? U calling ursef names like fools n such! U guys are busy fighting while oyedepo doesn't even care if u live or die! About d pix.....there are thousands of memes on NL....using that one(probably culled from a Yoruba movie) on a lighter note to make u stop yakking on NL now makes me violent? How did u get that revelation? From d holy spirit? Nobody wins e-wars! Either ur mb finishes or ur battery dies or u sleep off! All I do...i do from a good heart!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by propofol: 12:26am On Nov 06, 2016
[b]NIGERIANS AND THEIR ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY.!!! In the first place this is a private University, you are not forced to attend it.There are other options.In fact you don't even have to attend any UNI to succeed in life.Also we are in no place to defend the so called poor church members or criticize them because religion is a personal thing. Whether we like it or not this church has to be commended, if the uni was rubbish , i 'm sure it wont grab this much attention .In other countries we have ivy league colleges and we also have community colleges we also have FREE online courses so its your choice really. You refuse to improve the standard of your Universities and you want to be competing with other countries. You want to be paying 40k per semester though the hostel you rented privately is 150k a year ,in addition you have a tablet of 100k a phone of 80k , you may even have a car. Then you will be complaining that the lecturer is rubbish, the library is old ,the facilities are old blah blah blah....But most of your mates in UK and US have taken student loans which they will pay back after they graduate.
Meanwhile the most expensive secondary school in Nigeria is Loyola Jesuit in Abuja owned by the catholic church run by the catholic church,obviously not all their church members can afford to send their children there but i don't hear you guys criticizing them.
No i'[/b]m not a member of WINNERS.[b][/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 06, 2016
The missionaries who brought Christianity to us made education affordable, accessible and reachable to even the poor.

These second hand missionaries, some of who even benefited so much from the almost free education are now the ones hiking school fees under the pretence of God's leading.

Most of the General Overseers in school business today would not have been able to get education if the earlier missionaries had made it this expensive.

God ordained kor, God's commandment nii!

Awon jegudu jera.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Sibrah: 1:00am On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

What other approval are you asking for, does Oyedepo have another job aside being a pastor?
You just admit to making bogus assumptions. Prove it or stop showing your mental limitations.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by cowmanager2000: 1:02am On Nov 06, 2016
It is easy to type anything on face book and nairaland try build a nursery and primary school and check out the investment and running cost before you criticize someone that have built a world class university.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Sibrah: 1:03am On Nov 06, 2016
fayded:

sister or bro..u must be high on cheap juice..
Wh else did he use to build d uni?..loan from IMF ??..or did u gve him d money??.. u need to see d tithe pple Pay into dt church..half can build ten orphanages nd furnish it well

ur here asking for proof...
proof of life na
Ignorant and Arrogant. Stop speculating like that afflicted critic.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Sibrah: 1:04am On Nov 06, 2016
crown08:
DEM DONE JAZZ U.
Talk logic and stopic myopic assumptions bros
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Sibrah: 1:07am On Nov 06, 2016
yemi1261:
did the money with which he built the school and church drop from heaven
Just say you don't know instead of attacking me blindly.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Sibrah: 1:15am On Nov 06, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Just keep quiet

Am sure you are one of the brainwashed 'daddy G.O' calling members. Ask yourself this, why did Christ come through the poor and not the rich and high brow of his time? Couldn't God have made that happen. Christ came through the poor and low in the society and that alone should make you and your pastors think about all this things they are doing presently.

If Christ was to come again in like manner, do you think he can afford this kind of school a certain 'man of God' said God above ordained?
You problem is obviously complicated by ignorance.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by pipeewa(m): 1:20am On Nov 06, 2016
We stand a chance to correct these Pastors only if we have been able to gather people from no where, cajole, beg, scam deceive them to part with thier hard earned cash. Enough to build a school or schools. Then we equip to the standard of the criticised schools and we make them free for all or subsidized schools for members and the public. Then we have the mouth to shout Fraud! Until then
kindly allow these scriptures to guide you if you believe in them.

Psalm 34:13
12.Who is the man who desires life And loves length of days that he may see good?
13.Keep your tongue from evil And your lips from speaking deceit.
14.Depart from evil and do good; Seek peace and pursue it.…

1 Peter 3:10
Berean Literal Bible
For, "The one desiring to love life, and to see good days, let him keep the tongue from evil, and lips not to speak deceit.

If you claim you are a child of God consider this scenario in the scriptures, the Holy spirit helped shapen my thought about anointed men.
Am sure He can help you too

1 Samuel 24New International Version (NIV)

3 He came to the sheep pens along the way; a cave was there, and Saul went in to relieve himself. David and his men were far back in the cave. 4 The men said, “This is the day the Lord spoke of when he said[b] to you, ‘I will give your enemy into your hands for you to deal with as you wish.’” Then David crept up unnoticed and cut off a corner of Saul’s robe.

5 Afterward, David was conscience-stricken for having cut off a corner of his robe. 6 He said to his men, “The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the Lord’s anointed, or lay my hand on him; for he is the anointed of the Lord.” 7 With these words David sharply rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.

The Golden Rule.....
Do unto others as you want them do to you....this will help us treat others well.
Imagine your mother has a supermarket. You bought a tin of peak milk from her shop at N900 but on getting to shoprite it was sold for N750. How would you react? I am so sure you wont first go to social media and complain against your mum. Even if you decide to call your mum up and tell her about the price diff and she explains why the price is that high or she wouldnt blink an eye. Am sure your next action is not to stop the next buyer from going to her shop.If you wont do that to your mum, why do we criticise others bitterly?

How much have we added to our income since we started talking ill of pastors, imaams, artistes, friends and the likes. Have we also helped somebody by our criticisim of others. we can channel our energy into doing something more productive.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ripplz(m): 1:20am On Nov 06, 2016
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by nedupel(m): 1:22am On Nov 06, 2016
Blessograo:
Mist pastors in winners chapel are business people. A friend told me his ordeal when he used to attend winners saying that, the pastor told people to buy the book he had just launched but my friend couldn't buy it. So the next Sunday the pastor asked for the book and he and other members were sent out and insulted for not buying the book, while some lent money to buy.
Lies
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ayatullah(m): 2:19am On Nov 06, 2016
Oyedepo is an aggressive businessman simple and short!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Ayatullah(m): 2:21am On Nov 06, 2016
nedupel:

Lies

SOLID Truth!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ebenholer(m): 2:36am On Nov 06, 2016
Opportunity is actually talking foolishly for lack of spiritual knowledge. That God told him of such does not me it was directly written in the Bible.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Blessograo(f): 2:41am On Nov 06, 2016
oluwatoyinadeol:

Not possible. .it can't happen in winners chapel and if you have the full details of the pastors. .we can take the issue up, there is order and discipline ,so pastors will never on any occasion send a member out in winners chapel... Am not saying a pastors are perfect, because there will always be bad eggs as well.. .but sending them out because of books is not possible. .even Bishop don't force his books on members
I don't attend winners but like I said a friend told me that beside I'm in China not Nigeria, I wouldn't say it's something i know cos it was something i was told which I stated before. So if it's true or not i don't know.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by safarigirl(f): 2:49am On Nov 06, 2016
judeefcc:
you dull sha , 850million nigerians ? You are a shame to internet
that's an estimate considering the last census was 10 years ago and population isn't stagnant.

It's you who's dull if you assume we aren't around that number
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Mujtahida: 3:30am On Nov 06, 2016
They steal from people materially but that is not the worst, the great tragedy is that they steal YOU, they rob you spiritually. So long as we refuse to believe that God is not out there but that God, the kingdom of heaven is within us we shall continue to be cheap and easy prey to this knaves. We were told 'you shall have no other gods before ME(as in yourself, the god in you) but we refuse to believe and obey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by alfsalami: 3:30am On Nov 06, 2016
its all about business , nothing about God with the man
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by sameniceguy(m): 3:33am On Nov 06, 2016
[quote author=propofol post=50800495][b]NIGERIANS AND THEIR ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY.!!! In the first place this is a private University, you are not forced to attend it.There are other options.In fact you don't even have to attend any UNI to succeed in life.Also we are in no place to defend the so called poor church members or criticize them because religion is a personal thing. Whether we like it or not this church has to be commended, if the uni was rubbish , i 'm sure it wont grab this much attention .In other countries we have ivy league colleges and we also have community colleges we also have FREE online courses so its your choice really. You refuse to improve the standard of your Universities and you want to be competing with other countries. You want to be paying 40k per semester though the hostel you rented privately is 150k a year ,in addition you have a tablet of 100k a phone of 80k , you may even have a car. Then you will be complaining that the lecturer is rubbish, the library is old ,the facilities are old blah blah blah....But most of your mates in UK and US have taken student loans which they will pay back after they graduate.
Meanwhile the most expensive secondary school in Nigeria is Loyola Jesuit in Abuja owned by the catholic church run by the catholic church,obviously not all their church members can afford to send their children there but i don't hear you guys criticizing them.
No i'[/b]m not a member of WINNERS.[b][/b][/quote

No...you are not a member of WINNERS but an pegan...mmttçhheww]

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

I Go Dye Builds A House For His Mother (Photo) / Actor Olaiya Igwe Prostrates After MC Oluomo Gifts Him A Benz (Photos, Video) / Skolopad Wore Sausage Outfit To South African Feather Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.