Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee - Celebrities (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee (80295 Views)

"Tithing Works" Daddy Freeze Diss Pastor Oyedepo And Wife With Throwback Photos / Moesha Boduong Replies Critics Of Her Interview With Cnn’s Amanpour / Banky W Responds To Critics Of His Big Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Sibrah: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2016
elvision1:
Just listening to bishop oyedepo on inspiration fm this morning@ 92.3, its still ongoing... And i can say this is a man of wisdom.
He doesn't do anything without a reason or a plan.

if anyone has ever passed through living faith church frontgate before, you would see a signpost that reads "COVENANT UNIVERSITY TO BE AMONG TOP TEN LEADING UNIVERSITIES IN THE WORLD BY 2020"

he said in the teaching am listening to that the church has 5 signatories to any approval.

It is not 5 individuals as signatories per se. It it 5 different bodies. The elder, the ordained workers, the decan and deconess, the pastors too vouch but don't sign to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Came: 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2016
I happy say no be by force.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by elvision1(m): 12:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
egorov:
Daddy freeze, must u react to everything?

i tire o" i thought i was the only one that saw that he reacts to everything as seen in the suggested similar posts. Abeg na which chemical the guy be?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by histemple: 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Sibrah:

You keep making these false allegations. Winners is well known for her financial structure and operational organisation. No pastor is sole or part signatory to accounts. Pastors don't sign cheques also. You are simply one of the many hate-filled souls out there who will stop at nothing to pull down the church of Christ.

If you know who you are arguing with, you will stop saying what you don't know. Saying that a pastor can't be a SOLE signatory to the church's account is an unnecessary fact because nobody ever told you that. I only told you that Oyedepo is the "A" signatory to the church's main account.

More so, all the head pastors of Winners branches are the A signatories to their branch local accounts, although they don't sign alone. Take it from me.

As for being an ambassador of Christ, I am a proud ambassador of Christ on earth and I am still doing as much as I can to expand the kingdom, which is why I hate the fact that Oyedepo is bringing the name of God to justify his unbecoming conduct.

That University is supposed to be used to bless souls especially the poor amongst us. Covenant university can run without a single student paying a dime, quote me.

2 Likes

Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Sibrah: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

If you know who you are arguing with, you will stop saying what you don't know. Saying that a pastor can't be a SOLE signatory to the church's account is an unnecessary fact because nobody ever told you that. I only told you that Oyedepo is the "A" signatory to the church's main account.

More so, all the head pastors of Winners branches are the A signatories to their branch local accounts, although they don't sign alone. Take it from me.

As for being an ambassador of Christ, I am a proud ambassador of Christ on earth and I am still doing as much as I can to expand the kingdom, which is why I hate the fact that Oyedepo is bringing the name of God to justify his unbecoming conduct.

That University is supposed to be used to bless souls especially the poor amongst us. Covenant university can run without a single student paying a dime, quote me.

histemple:

Next time you see your father, tell him about his mental limitations and how it's affecting you.
After that tell your father that I said Oyedepo has no other job aside being a pastor when he started the church.
Stop twisting info you scooped from me here. No main pastor is any A signatory.
What you said is that pastor Oyedepo has no other job asides being a pastor. Even if any pastor is "A" signatory, decision is never made by any single body like you are implying here . . .
You need to stop playing games beyond your capacity here. If the poor want school, there is govt sch out there. Govt taxes people forcibly but Churches (like Winners) don't so why develop highblood pressure for voluntary givings when is the involuntary one . . . ?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by babino22: 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
Adaowerri111:
the school is classy, not for everyone....if you can't afford it, just look around for cheaper schools

Is that how it's supposed to be?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by lielbree: 1:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
NairaMaster1:

How much is your tithe let them pay you so we can rest
Let him pay back every single person he has collected tithe from. Then you can rest!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by lielbree: 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
conquerour:

When last did you pay your tithe and how much is your offering?
EVERY MONTH GOD IS MY HELPER AND WITNESS! Sometimes I default but God is still my witness I pay my tithe faithfully.
Stop being gullible. I once admired oyedepo until I knew better. As Christians we are to you our blessings to lift up others. Nothing can justify a "man of God" owing 4 private jets in a country with so much poverty.
Whatever he gives as charity is not commiserate with his earing from the church!
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by domopps(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

Can you please stop this madness !

going through your comments and all I can deduce is just an angry former winners member trying to justify his costly mistake or just being bias and taking things personal with Bishop Oyedepo...........i don't say this but check my profile am a banker and account officer to many winners accounts and you can quote me anywhere that Oyedepo is not a signatory to any church account neither his wife

Please Google Loyola jersuit is a secondary school in Abj belongs to Catholic church I also bet you don't no that the schl is highest paid Secondary schl in Nig......so if people skip nailing other church owned schls which re even far more expensive than CU,Kingdom heritage schls, Landmark university combine or do you think professors, researchers ,lecturers, deans, hods and host of admin staff would take YOU ARE BLESS home to their families and not to talk about facilities in place or Vision 20:20 is a childsplay?

Happy sun to you......

Cheers
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by apatheticme(f): 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Boanage1(m): 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
ThatIgboBoy:
Oyedepo thinks like an igbo man. Everything is business tio him. He is not a pastor at all. We need to verify his roots and check if there is an igbo gene in him
Baseless comment.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by histemple: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
domopps:

going through your comments and all I can deduce is just an angry former winners member trying to justify his costly mistake or just being bias and taking things personal with Bishop Oyedepo...........i don't say this but check my profile am a banker and account officer to many winners accounts and you can quote me anywhere that Oyedepo is not a signatory to any church account neither his wife

Please Google Loyola jersuit is a secondary school in Abj belongs to Catholic church I also bet you don't no that the schl is highest paid Secondary schl in Nig......so if people skip nailing other church owned schls which re even far more expensive than CU,Kingdom heritage schls, Landmark university combine or do you think professors, researchers ,lecturers, deans, hods and host of admin staff would take YOU ARE BLESS home to their families and not to talk about facilities in place or Vision 20:20 is a childsplay?

Happy sun to you......

Cheers

I guess I was a banker before you. Your moniker sounds familiar as a desk in the operations unit.

As a banker also, an internal control staff at that, I can tell you that Oyedepo is "A" signatory to LFC main account, quote me.

However, the word madness as used in your first sentence tells a lot about you.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by domopps(m): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

I guess I was a banker before you. Your moniker sounds familiar as a desk in the operations unit.

As a banker also, an internal control staff at that, I can tell you that Oyedepo is "A" signatory to LFC main account, quote me.

However, the word madness as used in your first sentence tells a lot about you.

Banker cool down LFC main account is in my bank and David Oyedepo doesn't sign simple!

And I guess every other claim in my previous comment are also wrong!

Cheeeeers
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ThatIgboBoy: 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
Boanage1:

Baseless comment.

Lousy quoting
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

No YOU show me where I said Christ was rich on earth...I bet you can't do that cuz you will see that what I said instead was that even though he didn't need the riches of this earth he was by no means poor man..

(He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief, and having charge of the moneybag he used to help himself to what was put into it. john 12:6)........this is Judas who was the disciple's treasurer..if they had no money, from which money Judas come dey steal from??

your last paragraph, my point still remains that Christ could get virtually ANYTHING he wanted because people were willing to give them to him..be it money, or donkeys or horses..but he didn't need them for his purpose...zaccheus a wealthy tax collector was overjoyed to host him in his house...that is a man with influence and power! a man who could have gotten any worldly thing he wanted but didn't.. Christ was never a poor man EOD.

again am amazed at this post of yours!!!
u cudnt even show us the post u claimed I tried to twist....instead since u can't issued a baseless challenge that I should show u were u said Christ was rich! ( don't worry I'd show u ur quotes and u'd tell us what they mean)

now cos Judas was carrying around something u'd called a "treasury" doesn't mean it's a wealth purse, as it cud have contained the money for basic feeding and such....den again u ignored the fact that I just asked u that if Christ had bought the colt/ass wud it not be a fulfilment of the prophecy? wouldn't it still be an humble act?

if u wanna argue what poor and rich means, atleast define it....cos in our modern age standard and Churches (prosperity proponents), Jesus wud b in d class of poor! even poor people eat!!!

now if I may ask, how did Jesus and His disciples come about the treasury purse? and does being poor mean being penniless?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
domopps:

Happy sun to you......

Cheers

how does this exonerate ur pastorpreneur? are all those schools what formed our morals and ethics?

where were wen missionary schools were offering low fee and even free education?

talking about loyola Jesuit did they come tell us God fixed the fees? or that they just deemed it right to pay that high?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
dejilg:

where is the prosperity teaching in what u just said Paul said? how does growing in Christ equates to wealth? was Jesus not grown in His own light? can u point out Jesus' wealth during His earthly ministry?

u quoted that and replied

ZoneBslayer:

Jesus had followers and they also had a treasurer.. Judas was said to steal from their treasury often..so you can be sure that Christ wasn't a poor man...he didn't need the riches of this earth, but he wasn't a poor man..

in light of that. please can u explain why d issue of treasury came about? and why was it so important u used it in replying ?
how does having a purse with money mean u r not poor? I bet many people do have money in their purses....
many can even feed alot of people from their purse too.

so where did Jesus and His disciples get the money in their treasury?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by domopps(m): 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
dejilg:

how does this exonerate ur pastorpreneur? are all those schools what formed our morals and ethics?

where were wen missionary schools were offering low fee and even free education?

talking about loyola Jesuit did they come tell us God fixed the fees? or that they just deemed it right to pay that high?

Pointless as usual.....continue living in denial

Happy sun

Cheers
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by dejilg(m): 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
domopps:

Pointless as usual.....continue living in denial

Happy sun

Cheers

the best reply u cud give na. facts are out there. open ur eyes and see....
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by olaleke2(m): 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
kennygee:
I'm a Christian and the church has lost it these days. We are in the end time. Is it bad if scholarships are given to poor church member's children into these schools?

If you are admitting 2000 students, and you give 800 students from the church scholarships, no on would complain that the rest are paying 500k.

But when members cannot afford the school fees, I wonder who is fooling who.

Who says Bishop Oyedepo does not offer scholarships? Do your findings before mouthing off, dearie...
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2016
NevetsIbot:
if yu don't know anything sharrap.. Oyedepo used togive over a thousand students scholarship every year until some people ganged against him nd he stopped.

LASt month, an announcement was passed in church asking anyone interested in going for masters to enroll for open scholarship from papa.... It isnt restricted to just church members.

You claim to be a christian but you are as blind as the majority here. Oyedepo has helped billions thru God's help... Quit hating nd get a life

how many people got the scholarship 1000? 10000
we live in a world where everyone is getting greedier by the day. when a church says we are building a university.... they convince the members of the church that it would be affordable thats why a poor old woman that sells e. g pepper will dip her hands into her purse and give out the last 500# because she's looking forward to the accomplishment of the dream and hoping that her children or children's children might one day go to the school.
thats just one woman what of the poor thousands all over the nation where the church has branches.... im not saying the rich wont help out but sometimes the poor hope that they can atleast be given the opportunity 1 time ....at long last,
the school is built and then you put a ridiculous tuition fee in the name of God.... yes things are hard in this country but not withstanding the church is also suppose to care for the christians... the widows, orphans.... can the orphans afford this school? if the church could get enough money to buy world class everything from tithes and offerings... then they should have something to offer the people that had hoped that the school might just be their saving grace
in all things let us be fair the world would be a better place
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by histemple: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
domopps:

Banker cool down LFC main account is in my bank and David Oyedepo doesn't sign simple!

And I guess every other claim in my previous comment are also wrong!

Cheeeeers

You may be correct to say that LFC main account is domiciled in your bank, but be reminded that LFC has account in almost all the top 5 banks in Nigeria.

Talking about your other claims, whether they are correct or not is immaterial here. The reason Oyedepo is generating this deserved vilification is because he is bringing the sacred name of God to it.

We all know that to run a good school is very expensive and the owners are investors who want more money. But why say it was God who approved the exorbitant fees and that those who criticized it are incurring God's wrath?

It makes the good God to be seen as wicked.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by domopps(m): 5:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

You may be correct to say that LFC main account is domiciled in your bank, but be reminded that LFC has account in almost all the top 5 banks in Nigeria.

Talking about your other claims, whether they are correct or not is immaterial here. The reason Oyedepo is generating this deserved vilification is because he is bringing the sacred name of God to it.

[b]We all know that to run a good school is very expensive and the owners are investors who want more money. [/b]But why say it was God who approved the exorbitant fees and that those who criticized it are incurring God's wrath?

The point...........@bolded am done with you!

Cheers
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by domopps(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

We all know that to run a good school is very expensive and the owners are investors who want more money. [/b]But why say it was God who approved the exorbitant fees and that those who criticized it are incurring God's wrath?

[b][b]We all know that to run a good school is very expensive and the owners are investors who want more money. [/b]But w

The point...........@bolded am done with you!

Cheers
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by peacesamuel94(m): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
lielbree:
I stand with him

Church schools must be FREE! or govt should impose heavy tax on them!

Mods someone posted Indecency Rick.... something. Please ban him asap.

So assuming you were lecturer or a professor in the said school, you mean you will agree to work without pay?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
baddestchic:

how many people got the scholarship 1000? 10000
we live in a world where everyone is getting greedier by the day. when a church says we are building a university.... they convince the members of the church that it would be affordable thats why a poor old woman that sells e. g pepper will dip her hands into her purse and give out the last 500# because she's looking forward to the accomplishment of the dream and hoping that her children or children's children might one day go to the school.
thats just one woman what of the poor thousands all over the nation where the church has branches.... im not saying the rich wont help out but sometimes the poor hope that they can atleast be given the opportunity 1 time ....at long last,
the school is built and then you put a ridiculous tuition fee in the name of God.... yes things are hard in this country but not withstanding the church is also suppose to care for the christians... the widows, orphans.... can the orphans afford this school? if the church could get enough money to buy world class everything from tithes and offerings... then they should have something to offer the people that had hoped that the school might just be their saving grace
in all things let us be fair the world would be a better place
what if i told yu i didn't read a thing yu said... I dropped this topic yday nyt
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by peacesamuel94(m): 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
lielbree:

EVERY MONTH GOD IS MY HELPER AND WITNESS! Sometimes I default but God is still my witness I pay my tithe faithfully.
Stop being gullible. I once admired oyedepo until I knew better. As Christians we are to you our blessings to lift up others. Nothing can justify a "man of God" owing 4 private jets in a country with so much poverty.
Whatever he gives as charity is not commiserate with his earing from the church!

It is quite disappointing that this is coming from a Christian, at least you should have verified before pointing accusing fingers,

Bishop Oyedepo is a giver ( I was a beneficiary of his scholarship )and he does not do it to impress people.

In all winners chapel branches, A welfare committee is set up to cater for the needs of the windows, paupers orphans etc in the church.

Apart from material givings, he has created employment opportunities for thousands of Nigerian youths. That he dosen't publicize his generosity does not mean that he does not give. Are you even aware that the first car the ministry ever had was sold and the returns of the sales was given to a window( a member of the church to cater for her needs).

With all due respect, I think it will be hyprocritic to label someone as selfish when you are not even a better giver than he is.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by histemple: 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
NevetsIbot:
if yu don't know anything sharrap.. Oyedepo used togive over a thousand students scholarship every year until some people ganged against him nd he stopped.

LASt month, an announcement was passed in church asking anyone interested in going for masters to enroll for open scholarship from papa.... It isnt restricted to just church members.

You claim to be a christian but you are as blind as the majority here. Oyedepo has helped billions thru God's help... Quit hating nd get a life

"Oyedepo has helped BILLIONS" please what is the world's total population, that only Oyedepo has helped BILLIONS?
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by ccffwx: 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
So right man. I don't take Nigerians seriously because they are a sad lot. They don't want to face the reality of their lives.
ZoneBslayer:

that's the typical Nigerian psyche..very bitter..they always claim the moral grounds but morality is dead in their lives and country.
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by NevetsIbot(m): 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2016
histemple:

"Oyedepo has helped BILLIONS" please what is the world's total population, that only Oyedepo has helped BILLIONS?
will y'all fvcktards stop quoting me already.... Ion answer stewpid questions when the answer is glaring at you
Re: Freeze Reacts To Oyedepo And Critics Of Covenant University's Fee by mightyleks(m): 8:01pm On Nov 06, 2016
metallisc:

abeg, what utter nonsense are you on about? do you even know what 'tongue' means?

Please move am not here to argue with you and i ain't saying nonsense

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Saint Obi Poses With His Daughter, Fans React: 'She Is Future Miss World' / They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake / Omoruyi Loco Efe: Sam Loco's Son And A Fulani Herdsman Meet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.