Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court (31281 Views)

Rodents Invasion: FG Budgeted N4.9bn For Environmental Services In Aso Rock / No More Environmental Sanitation In Lagos, Appeal Court Orders / Fulani kidnap Two Women in Enugu State & Court jail 76 search party. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Rossikk(m): 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2016
That judge is 100% correct. One thing people fail to realise is that the cleanliness of cities actually has very little to do with the citizenry, if the cities are well built. Tell me something. Have you ever heard of 'environmental day' in London or New York? Or Los Angeles? Or Tokyo? What for? They don't have open gutters. All the streets have sidewalks. Every piece of land that is not tarred or paved is covered by a lawn. The entire city, not a single drop of sand to be seen. Every house has a large wheelie bin in the front yard where their trash is put, and every week it is emptied by municipal trucks. So what is there to clean up in the city? Nothing. So that judge is right. Our govt should go and learn how to build cities and stop disturbing citizens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by seguno2: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
amuijiji:
I would say victory to the rule of Law but the Judge should ve considered the principle of Natural law of Africans being dirty nd abstained itself from Nullifying the only exercise I knew back then that brings Neighbors together for a common goal of keeping their environment clean...

Lagos street would soon be an eyesore...

Are you not an African who is dirty?
What happened to the LGAs that we pay for doing this clean up regularly?
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by madjune(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
Now Oshodi will be buried in dirt.

1 Like

Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Emassive(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
So many laws in Lagos state is against humanity and even criminals. The govt is the worst in the world
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Rainmaker69(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
Metromedia please correct yasef and stop spreading false information. The Court of Appeal nullified the restriction of movement on Environmental Sanitation days. The learned judges didn't nullify environmental sanitation.
What's happening to Nairaland? Even the mods don't bother to fact check these funny copy-and-pasters.

1 Like

Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by NovusHomo(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
amuijiji:
I would say victory to the rule of Law but the Judge should ve considered the principle of Natural law of Africans being dirty nd abstained itself from Nullifying the only exercise I knew back then that brings Neighbors together for a common goal of keeping their environment clean...

Eko o ni d'oti o grin grin
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Emassive(m): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
Go to their houses and serve them Notice. The environmental sanitation only makes things worse cause a lot of people clean the front house and they leave the surrounding dirty. Lagos state before Tifnubu changed it usually serve compounds letter to appear in court for causing a nuisance then pay certain fees as fine.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Leez(m): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2016
jrusky:

See another goat from my region in the house.

Guys you see why I called my own people most confused living humans this are the one seeking Biafra read his stupid comment.

I went to my mum village few days ago I was ashamed to see giant he goats harassing she goats for s****x in so many mansion abadon mansions everywhere look like a ghost land and their type are the ones claiming Lagos is their own Kano is their own Kaduna is their own like a slowpoke lost generation. Every other people things is what your greedy eyes likes and claim to be yours and your own land is already a ghost land as if their is a demon chasing them out and they called it hustle, bro goat a hustler that forget his home land and be fighting for another man's land he is a bastard. Period!!!

Mr man you need prayer you are so far away from senses.
u are not igbo ur post certainly shows that
its obvious uche was joking with dat post
in d east hia environmental is on and its observed
so that someone took it to court and a judge ruled in her favor cant be anyone's fault
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by doubleportion: 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
We ain't see the end yet, what the judge said was that there was no WRITTEN LAW that backed the exercise so it left for the Lagos house of Assembly to come with such law then matter will be laid to rest

2 Likes

Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by muteeu(m): 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
it is just five year ago I kicked against it. its restricts human movement which of course against constitution and even creator laws.. besides, it's not stop sanitation. sanitation is not going with restriction of movement. as u selling good or rendering service, u make sure surrounding is free from dirty. either u employ some to do it for or you employ yourself.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2016
Both judge and apellant are sordid homo habilis.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Agbanagba1(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2016
computer0810:
an igbo man sue the state govt, an igbo judge gave the verdict and the ipob are happy coz they believe they just conquer ambode coz lagos in no man's land but when he decided to go and demolish alaba nw they will start crying and shouting, just that those ipob who comment on nairaland are in there bush in the east and subject there bread winner to torture with there comment
This is not tribalism,this is the rule of law!
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Agbanagba1(m): 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
The sanitory inspectors should do their work instead of collecting bribes and the save the Lagos state government of the illegal monthly sanitation exercise.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by olawale3525(m): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
what next mr Governor
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
Everyday is environmental sanitation day. Do not wait till the last Saturday of the every month to clean your environment. All government edicts not supported by law should cease.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Babto(m): 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
Supreme court, here we come but better still, Lagos State House of Assembly over to you.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by chibuzorAbia: 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
Yoruba people mumu no be small!

Igbo will continue to rub salt in your lazy relaxed arse until you get up and DP something. Igbo dey flex for
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by glossy6(f): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2016
computer0810:
an igbo man sue the state govt, an igbo judge gave the verdict and the ipob are happy coz they believe they just conquer ambode coz lagos in no man's land but when he decided to go and demolish alaba nw they will start crying and shouting, just that those ipob who comment on nairaland are in there bush in the east and subject there bread winner to torture with there comment

Go and study your "Lexis & Structure " by Olu Tomori and come back to construct better sentences so that we will be able to understand what you are trying to say.

Meanwhile, nobody has supported the guy that made that annoying statement. So, I don't know why you are displaying much bitterness against the Igbos. lipsrsealed
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by uhuru2015: 9:08pm On Nov 08, 2016
My thinking is that the judgment is meritorious based on the adduced ratio but the judgment would have been different if there is a legislative instrument backing restriction of movement on sanitation days in Lagos State. Reason been that, s. 41(2) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) recognises the fact that the right conferred on the citizens vide s. 41(1) of the Constitution can be restricted by a reasonably justifiable law in a democratic society. S. 45(1) of the Constitution equally reiterates that the rights conferred in s. 41, etc., is not absolute. It can be derogated by a reasonably justifiable law in a democratic society.

Thus, where there is no express law as in Lagos - Okafor v. Lagos State Govt., then the restriction will be unconstitutional.

However, should the case go on appeal a panel of Justices of the Supreme Court might come to a contrary opinion using the Sociological and Natural School of Thought. Which will then be a total departure from the ratio used by the Court of Appeal per Ogakwu JCA.

The decision is instructive for both the citizens and their rights, and states that have no law backing their restriction of movement on sanitation days.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by ekenedilichukwu: 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
Finally some rule of law prevails. We need to strive to remind govt of its limited powers and checks and balances. Restricting the movement of people without due process and legal justification should not be accepted if we are to live in a free society with individual liberty. There are better ways to clean up the environment, and other state govts better follow.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by obaloppelujo(m): 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Next is to ban oro and other festivals that restrict people's movement across the country.

Nigeria is not a zoo, and those who have chosen to oppress fellow citizens over issues devoid of critical reasoning must be dealt with.

Why restrict my movement on a Saturday if I decide to clean my environment a day before (Friday)?

Why restrict my movement over a shameless deity that never existed in the first place?

The law must prevail over the f00lishness of the citizenry. If your god died and you choose to worship it, bury it in your bedroom and die with it.

If I ever become Nigeria's President, a lot of traditional rulers that have taken it upon themselves to restrict the movements of Nigerians will end up in jail. They would be stripped off their titles and severely dealt with.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by obaloppelujo(m): 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ban oro , its like saying christmass and ileya should be ban or eyo and lagos carnival
where you in ikorodu when oba of ikorodu plead to the indigene not to let the festival hold that year ? If yes , do you recount the loses .
Has yam festival be ban in your state ?
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by MyGeneration(m): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2016
OkoYibo:
These useless pigs who have destroyed Aba and Onitsha want to do the same in Lagos? This is the same thing they did in Ladipo Market before it was closed. Same thing in Trade Fair. Go to Festac Town amd see hoe these illiterate parasites have ruined the beauty of that edifice.

Don't worry. A Bill passed by the LSHA would end this madness and impose a hefty fine. Once this is done, you can all tear your clothes and run into the expressroad.
Imagine a yoruba filth calling smbodi a pig, theres nothing we wont hear everyday
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by Hanendez(m): 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
moshmusth:

The poster above me 'i leave you to God'
Don't take the name of God in vain
moshmusth:

moshmusth:

Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by IbkD: 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
Acidosis:
Next is to ban oro and other festivals that restrict people's movement across the country.

Nigeria is not a zoo, and those who have chosen to oppress fellow citizens over issues devoid of critical reasoning must be dealt with.

Why restrict my movement on a Saturday if I decide to clean my environment a day before (Friday)?

Why restrict my movement over a shameless deity that never existed in the first place?

The law must prevail over the f00lishness of the citizenry. If your god died and you choose to worship it, bury it in your bedroom and die with it.

If I ever become Nigeria's President, a lot of traditional rulers that have taken it upon themselves to restrict the movements of Nigerians will end up in jail. They would be stripped off their titles and severely dealt with.

You must be a military personnel smiley
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by IbkD: 12:08am On Nov 09, 2016
I don't think the ruling was adhered to. If I got it right, this judgement was in 2014. So, our lack of knowledge has restricted our movement on the last Saturday of every month.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by smartokwor(m): 12:27am On Nov 09, 2016
I smile some things else dan dat
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by giftedben: 2:39am On Nov 09, 2016
amuijiji:

people can get employed to do that.
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by mrintellectual(m): 2:41am On Nov 09, 2016
A very good decision. This is the rule of law. Cleanliness shouldn't be an everyday affair. Secondly, what does the law say about cleanliness?
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by mrintellectual(m): 2:44am On Nov 09, 2016
obaloppelujo:
Ban oro , its like saying christmass and ileya should be ban or eyo and lagos carnival
where you in ikorodu when oba of ikorodu plead to the indigene not to let the festival hold that year ? If yes , do you recount the loses .
Has yam festival be ban in your state ?
This is off the point. Does Christmas festival call for restriction of movement?
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by mrintellectual(m): 2:45am On Nov 09, 2016
Rossikk:
That judge is 100% correct. One thing people fail to realise is that the cleanliness of cities actually has very little to do with the citizenry, if the cities are well built. Tell me something. Have you ever heard of 'environmental day' in London or New York? Or Los Angeles? Or Tokyo? What for? They don't have open gutters. All the streets have sidewalks. Every piece of land that is not tarred or paved is covered by a lawn. The entire city, not a single drop of sand to be seen. Every house has a large wheelie bin in the front yard where their trash is put, and every week it is emptied by municipal trucks. So what is there to clean up in the city? Nothing. So that judge is right. Our govt should go and learn how to build cities and stop disturbing citizens.
On point
Re: No More Environmental Sanitations In Lagos State- Court by jeyselassie(m): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef....

Faith Okafor has done very well.....

Great decision, next is the right of all...Igbos and Hausas to hold governorship position in Lagos. And to make it mandatory for them to apply for such position.

Ambode has lost this one ...after losing special status request from Senate.

God is indeed great. grin

Next is to move KAI in inner streets to keep the environment clean.
so funny when no state in the east can allow a yoruba hold a political position and u want to rule our own state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Pictured Having A Nice Time / El-Rufai Reacts To The Demolition Of APC Factional Office In Kaduna State / Meet Kemi Badenoch: Biography Of The Nigerian - UK Minister, Olufunto Adegoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.