Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. (6513 Views)

What Do Men Really Gain From Sucking Of Boobs?" - Twitter User (see Reactions) / Man Lives With His 2 Big-sized Girlfriends, Wants Them To Gain More Weight (pix) / Apart From Sex, What Else Do You Gain From Your Girlfriend? I Need Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 04, 2017
dacblogger:
(
I have never been pretentious and everybody around me knows that, I am nice cos I enjoy helping pple out and putting a smile on pples face...
@clubbing girl angry

Arrange dat face jor. Anyway I saw how you carried your friend's matter on your head dat night, so maybe you're just/really a nice girl at heart. But just have it at the back of your mind that, you really don't have to be nice to anybody and everybody you come across, sometimes you gats make sure they've earned it. That way you learn to let out only the best parts of you to only those you find truly deserving of it.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by dacblogger: 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
CorGier:

Arrange dat face jor. Anyway I saw how you carried your friend's matter on your head dat night, so maybe you're just/really a nice girl at heart. But just have it at the back of your mind that, you really don't have to be nice to anybody and everybody you come across, sometimes you gats make sure they've earned it. That way you learn to let out only the best parts of you to only those you find truly deserving of it.
so sorry, I guess I was busy that day, buh I liked your post tho grin
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Omoluabi16(m): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2017
dacblogger:
I ve always being very nice and kind to almost everyone. Am the kind of person that can starve just to see a stranger eat,i can give out my last card just to put a smile on som1's face...
When it comes to relationships,i am always very faithful and loyal to my bf buh yet i still get cheated on and abused..
I have always being very prayerful,i stay away from pples marriage the best i can(i dnt mingle with married men even when am tempted to) ... I am the nicest person you can come across but yet i still dnt get 2 be treated right,i practically dnt get anything i want.
So it got me thinking ,What is the use of been good when you dnt gain anything from it Is it that the good lord who i so much believe and trust in does not acknowledge my been good?
I have come to the conclusion that good things happen to bad pple and the good ones are practically left out to suffer and fend for themselves.
I might be wrong tho,so i want 2 know if am right or just being delusional.
I am in your shoes too. Just 3 days ago, I was calculating/reflecting on my 'goodness' and niceties to strangers friends and families over the years. I have seen nil benefits.Are these rewards of being a good person intangible, or it is still coming. I ponder, do I go all bad? heartless? been xxtra stingy and not giving a f.

But then.. I can't help myself from being kind, giving whatsoever help I can.Probably you too. it's what define us as a person. you may try being a baddo and get your fingers burnt. Just keep being real, be yourself and asssure yourself the only reward you may get for being kind is seeing smiles on the faces of others, and try to derive satisfaction in it. Knowing you put that smile on their face.

Still... I believe you'll get your reward someday. Hope I made little sense??

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by dacblogger: 8:04pm On Jan 07, 2017
Omoluabi16:
I am in your shoes too. Just 3 days ago, I was calculating/reflecting on my 'goodness' and niceties to strangers friends and families over the years. I have seen nil benefits.Are these rewards of being a good person intangible, or it is still coming. I ponder, do I go all bad? heartless? been xxtra stingy and not giving a f.

But then.. I can't help myself from being kind, giving whatsoever help I can.Probably you too. it's what define us as a person. you may try being a baddo and get your fingers burnt. Just keep being real, be yourself and asssure yourself the only reward you may get for being kind is seeing smiles on the faces of others, and try to derive satisfaction in it. Knowing you put that smile on their face.

Still... I believe you'll get your reward someday. Hope I made little sense??
sure, thanks
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
dacblogger:

so sorry, I guess I was busy that day, buh I liked your post tho grin

*smiles.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Sonn(m): 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
i read it somewhere that the only investment that will never fail to pay you is KINDNESS. again' always be kind to the people you meet on your way climbing a ladder' because you might still meet them on your way falling down.. don't ever think of been a bad person' it doesn't pay well' it pays badly...
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by odysey: 10:15am On Jan 17, 2017
dacblogger:
I ve always being very nice and kind to almost everyone. Am the kind of person that can starve just to see a stranger eat,i can give out my last card just to put a smile on som1's face...
When it comes to relationships,i am always very faithful and loyal to my bf buh yet i still get cheated on and abused..
I have always being very prayerful,i stay away from pples marriage the best i can(i dnt mingle with married men even when am tempted to) ... I am the nicest person you can come across but yet i still dnt get 2 be treated right,i practically dnt get anything i want.
So it got me thinking ,What is the use of been good when you dnt gain anything from it Is it that the good lord who i so much believe and trust in does not acknowledge my been good?
I have come to the conclusion that good things happen to bad pple and the good ones are practically left out to suffer and fend for themselves.

Don't change who you are because of anything Stay strong and patient

that's if you ain't bad yet grin
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by TeeFriz: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
dacblogger:

you concur to what?

Being nice doesn't end up good in Nigeria especially

You are always taken for a ride
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by phililp(m): 10:21am On May 11, 2017
boynigeria:

my dear....life is abt ur status of happiness. dont do thinks because they work or they dont. do things cos they make u comfortable and happy to do

if been good is who u are, forcing urself to be otherwise could bring terrible result

i azmire ur intellect
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by MrCork: 11:40pm On May 21, 2017
dacblogger:

angry
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by MrCork: 11:41pm On May 21, 2017
dacblogger:
STORY...are u lightskin? angry
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Eveezy(m): 11:47pm On May 21, 2017
My mom always tell me "u do good, u do for urself" infact she sings it to me. Dont expect any reward frm human for every good u do. Just do wat u feel is right, nd if people dnt appreciate it, u let dem be, as long as yr conscience is satisfied

2 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by iweecureyou: 2:19am On May 22, 2017
MrCork:

STORY...are u lightskin? angry

lieskin lieskin lieskin.u wee luukin for lieskin till ya die keep wanking on lieskin bus.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Tompeters(m): 8:38am On May 22, 2017
dacblogger:
U're right... It happens to me a lot.... But my conscience will not let me go d wrong way..... So just keep being urself
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by pkang: 10:06am On May 22, 2017
dacblogger:

my being a good person does not stop me from doing things the right way or working hard ,but still at the end of everything pple that dnt work as hard as you do tend to get things easier..
For example,i read my books,work hard in university ,at the end of everything i graduate with a 2.1 gp and som1 that probably sorted her way out or slept her way through comes out with the same g.p or even a higher point..
I want to see you try and justify that

The difference btwn u and others is that u
1. Wait for divine things to happen good tho
2. Going too direct kind of bad because people don't like being direct to them
3. Too optimistic yet not taking actions and waiting for the right time while action takers get what they want.
4. Maybe u are introvert or shy in nature and always have a pattern which u see as being right rather than having alternatives.
5. You don't associate enough to learn how people think and do things.
6. You think with education everything u can do n reason while it's not always so
7. You are passionate about love and always dream and fantasize u and a guy while u keep a face that scare potential nice guys
Might be wrong tho but either ways, do things that make u happy, go to places that u will get fun. Be open.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 10:24am On May 22, 2017
Be gud... Not bcx u want some little kindness in return from life... Bad things happen to good ppl.. Gud things happen to bad ppl...

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by Nobody: 11:29am On May 22, 2017
Having similar issues too. You sacrifice a lot to make people happy, you are still not appreciated, in relationships, you are so loving, caring and make sacrifices too but you still get treated as a side chick while d bad girls there are having it all ? I really wonder if it pays to be good. No one is perfect (at least not 100%) but you get d trashy treatment when you err, no one considers d good qualities in you. They only see d flaws, no matter how hard u make sacrifices. It can be really frustrating but it pays to be good in the long run.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by stevecantrell: 1:11pm On May 22, 2017
dacblogger:

I can assure you that if you went "bad"...your troubles would only increase.

Such is the plight of genuinely nice people.

Hang in there but dont let anyone take advantage of your considerate nature.
Re: There Is Nothing To Gain From Being A Good Person.. by newslifeop: 1:14pm On May 22, 2017
why

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Which Of Them Can You Marry (Photos) / Ladies Let Us Know Which Number You Belong Here. / Girl Tattoo Her Middle Br*st With Davido Pic (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.