Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95615 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Polytronafrica: 4:05am On Nov 30, 2018
Polytron Lubs remains the best oil. Polytron is the latest breakthrough in lubrication technology. Call 08033527026 for further enquiries.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kewtt: 6:16am On Nov 30, 2018
Polytronafrica:
Polytron Lubs remains the best oil. Polytron is the latest breakthrough in lubrication technology. Call 08033527026 for further enquiries.
Sooperrescue is this you endorsing this product?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:29am On Nov 30, 2018
Kewtt:

Sooperrescue is this you endorsing this product?
Noo, I think the guy is marketing his product. I have used it on many occasions
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2018
flecho:
Hi, Pl this oando oleum sl is api sm rated does implies that it's beta than Mobil xhp wich is api sl,
Kindly assist
Oando used to have Sl. Xl and Xm and their Xm used to be Api Sm and my experience with the oil was that by 2 months of usage, it has lost its viscosity and even groundnut oil is thicker than the oil. How they made Sokoto Lagos SL, that's what they call it, to become SM is something that they need to come and explain to us. I will wait for them to comment on this upgrade. The same way they upgraded their dexron 111 to 111h and giving the oil supernatural power of what it is not capable of doing.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kewtt: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2018
sooperrescue:

Noo, I think the guy is marketing his product. I have used it on many occasions
What can you say about it?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2018
Kewtt:

What can you say about it?
Guy, you dey find trouble o
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kewtt: 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
sooperrescue:

Guy, you dey find trouble o
Everybody wants to know
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Kewtt:

Everybody wants to know
Polytron is a concentrate that you will add to your engine oil to improve its performance. I have been using it since 2011 but that was when there was no good oil. If you want to use those local synthetic oil , adding polytron to the engine oil will give it a major boost. It reduces noises in the engine and even if the oil dries up, it will still be going. From my experience, it is possible for Oil to dry up and the engine will still be going but not for Range Rovers. It didn't save my engine when oando oil destroyed my range sport engine because according to its video, the polytron takes over the task of protecting the metals, pistons and the internal combustion of the engine and they showed us the video of a small car with the cylinder cover taken off and driving on the beach with sand entering the car. Mind you, the bonnet was removed also and the car excelled. Long story short, I don't use it for general oil service but whenever I overhaul any engine, that's what I will add to the engine oil and it does wonders about noise, stability and power.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by flecho: 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2018
sooperrescue:

Oando used to have Sl. Xl and Xm and their Xm used to be Api Sm and my experience with the oil was that by 2 months of usage, it has lost its viscosity and even groundnut oil is thicker than the oil. How they made Sokoto Lagos SL, that's what they call it, to become SM is something that they need to come and explain to us. I will wait for them to comment on this upgrade. The same way they upgraded their dexron 111 to 111h and giving the oil supernatural power of what it is not capable of doing.

10x bro, bt oil getting thick after some month's means it turning to gel
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2018
flecho:

10x bro, bt oil getting thick after some month's means it turning to gel
Not turning thick but watery. It loses its viscosity by the second month, on most cars and that was when they had oleum Xm. But I have used the sl recently on a range sport engine that was overhauled, to run the engine instead of using used oil and it was a mistake, a very big mistake and we quickly drained the oil and used Castrol and it was OK
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nakoks(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2018
sooperrescue:

Polytron is a concentrate that you will add to your engine oil to improve its performance. I have been using it since 2011 but that was when there was no good oil. If you want to use those local synthetic oil , adding polytron to the engine oil will give it a major boost. It reduces noises in the engine and even if the oil dries up, it will still be going. From my experience, it is possible for Oil to dry up and the engine will still be going but not for Range Rovers. It didn't save my engine when oando oil destroyed my range sport engine because according to its video, the polytron takes over the task of protecting the metals, pistons and the internal combustion of the engine and they showed us the video of a small car with the cylinder cover taken off and driving on the beach with sand entering the car. Mind you, the bonnet was removed also and the car excelled. Long story short, I don't use it for general oil service but whenever I overhaul any engine, that's what I will add to the engine oil and it does wonders about noise, stability and power.

This one weak me and sorry to say u fall my hands and legs.Oando that i cant use for my generator
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2018
nakoks:

This one weak me and sorry to say u fall my hands and legs.Oando that i cant use for my generator
Bros, me too I weak. I used to work with them and I had bought five drums of oleum syn at different times and the oil was wonderful. This was long before they started selling it in gallons. When they introduced it in gallons, I had assumed it was the same quality and so I kept using it for my Sports and recommended it to others. I have over 10 range rover sports that the oil destroyed and some are still parked in my workshop waiting to order new engines. Oando does not have quality control and assurance measures in place and so everyone is taking a risk buying the oil. The reports of the oil sent to me by them was years after the deed has been done and so we are waiting for the opportunity to sue them for destroying the engines.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by flecho: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
sooperrescue:

Bros, me too I weak. I used to work with them and I had bought five drums of oleum syn at different times and the oil was wonderful. This was long before they started selling it in gallons. When they introduced it in gallons, I had assumed it was the same quality and so I kept using it for my Sports and recommended it to others. I have over 10 range rover sports that the oil destroyed and some are still parked in my workshop waiting to order new engines. Oando does not have quality control and assurance measures in place and so everyone is taking a risk buying the oil. The reports of the oil sent to me by them was years after the deed has been done and so we are waiting for the opportunity to sue them for destroying the engines.

10x all, back 2 Mobil xhp, or any beta 20w50
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2018
flecho:

Mobil xhp bawo?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2018
flecho:

At your own risk. Mechanics are not smiling o
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nakoks(m): 7:27am On Dec 03, 2018
flecho:

oohhh why people be like this na?thats how i say one Maor General dey pour 20w50 for hin Gwagon.I had finished yabbing him and educating hm before kazeem call me go one corner....Oga that man na Major General o...lol

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nakoks(m): 7:27am On Dec 03, 2018
nakoks:

oohhh my people be like this na?thats how i saw one Maor General dey pour 20w50 for hin Gwagon.I had finished yabbing him and educating hm before kazeem call me go one corner....Oga that man na Major General o...lol
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2018
nakoks:

oohhh why people be like this na?thats how i say one Maor General dey pour 20w50 for hin Gwagon.I had finished yabbing him and educating hm before kazeem call me go one corner....Oga that man na Major General o...lol
It is the supposed educated elites that are guilty of this
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Bighead9: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
Guys, I have been using total quartz 7000 for my BMW E46 2001 model, for over a year now. Can I switch to total 9000 quartz at this stage?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:54am On Dec 04, 2018
Bighead9:
Guys, I have been using total quartz 7000 for my BMW E46 2001 model, for over a year now. Can I switch to total 9000 quartz at this stage?
As long as you do oil change every 3 months, I will say don't bother.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by flecho: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
Which 20w50 is best in Nigeria
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:29pm On Dec 04, 2018
flecho:
Which 20w50 is best in Nigeria
Between Total, Oando, Forte and Mobil, I can't tell because I have not been to their lube plant. Total lube plant that I have been to is worse when compared with Seahorse plant in Nnewi
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by softy(m): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2018
sooperrescue:
We have it on good authority that Total is introducing the Quartz 9000 5w30 Onios to cater for the teeming motorists that have been yearning for good oil. The Dexron 6 ATF will also be available in July this year. Once I get the data specs I will share, especially for the transmission fluid. They also advised motorists not to use any other oil from their stable for the service requirement of the new generation Peugeot cars except the new entrant as the older oils will destroy the engines. Pushing hard for quality oils. I am still waiting for the response from MRS lubricant Manager.

1. Pls, is this Quarts 9000 available in the market now? and how much? Is it suitable for Camry 2004?

2. For Camry 2004, is there any alternative to Mobil 1 5W 30, and 10W 30 presently available in the Nigerian market.

Note: Manual recommended is specifically 5w30 and variably 10w30.

I am a newbie.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by FordMania: 4:29am On Jan 01, 2019
Sooperrescue, can't say how impressed I am with how you are handling this lubricant cancer plaguing us in Nigeria. I am a the epitome of a victim of local oils. I bought 2 Ford vehicles brand new from Coscharis in 2010: 2010 Ford F150 FX4 & 2010 Ford Expedition King Ranch and was servicing with Quartz 9000. Both engines failed at roughly 100,000Km. Knocked. Now I have purchased 2 Brand New Engines (Ford Triton 5.4 3V) for them and the recommended oil is Motorcraft Syn Blend 5w20. Went back to Coscharis for the oil and was told that because of our ambient weather, they only import the Motorcraft Syn Blend 5w30 and that recommendation comes from Ford for Nigeria. What do you think? Should I go ahead or can you recommend something else? HAPPY NEW YEAR BTW.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by FordMania: 4:41am On Jan 01, 2019
If you have a different recommended oil, PLS make SURE that you recommend the absolute BEST as these engines cost me a pretty penny!!!
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 7:38am On Jan 01, 2019
Sooperrescue will quartz 9000 not knock my M112 engine too?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:05am On Jan 01, 2019
FordMania:
Sooperrescue, can't say how impressed I am with how you are handling this lubricant cancer plaguing us in Nigeria. I am a the epitome of a victim of local oils. I bought 2 Ford vehicles brand new from Coscharis in 2010: 2010 Ford F150 FX4 & 2010 Ford Expedition King Ranch and was servicing with Quartz 9000. Both engines failed at roughly 100,000Km. Knocked. Now I have purchased 2 Brand New Engines (Ford Triton 5.4 3V) for them and the recommended oil is Motorcraft Syn Blend 5w20. Went back to Coscharis for the oil and was told that because of our ambient weather, they only import the Motorcraft Syn Blend 5w30 and that recommendation comes from Ford for Nigeria. What do you think? Should I go ahead or can you recommend something else? HAPPY NEW YEAR BTW.

If an auto dealer will tell you something like that, then we are in for a loonnng thing. Using 5w20 synthetic blend has always been the best thing anyone who wants his car to last will do. I will advise that you import the oils by yourself to help you make your investment to last. But I dont understand why you will use Total Q9000 that is even not suitable for Peugeot 508 on your engines. If it cannot work for a Peugeot, will it work on a Ford? I have UNIMARK 5w20 synthetic blend API SN, gasoline engines only oil but it is not sold publicly. I can get you three cartons that will last over 2 years and they are in 5 quart gallons. I believe that when a manufacturer specifies oil for only gasoline engines, we should stay away from oils for petrol and diesel engines. Sorry about the expenses incurred.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:25am On Jan 01, 2019
weyreypey:
Sooperrescue will quartz 9000 not knock my M112 engine too?
Nooo. it still has its better side. A V6 engine with 12 plugs of that era will gladly welcome that oil. I worked with Q9000 for 3 years full time and it was a delight to the engines then but its era is over as regards newer engines as old as 2009. But does Total really have engine oils for newer cars? I don't think so. The 5w30 is mainly imported to meet the needs of Peugeot owners and if you have the gasoline engines only warning for your car, then it is not advisable to use an oil that is suitable for petrol and diesel engine oil. I am still studying the effect of using such engine oils on newer 4 cylinder engines that requires 0w20.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 9:32am On Jan 01, 2019
sooperrescue:

Nooo. it still has its better side. A V6 engine with 12 plugs of that era will gladly welcome that oil. I worked with Q9000 for 3 years full time and it was a delight to the engines then but its era is over as regards newer engines as old as 2009. But does Total really have engine oils for newer cars? I don't think so. The 5w30 is mainly imported to meet the needs of Peugeot owners and if you have the gasoline engines only warning for your car, then it is not advisable to use an oil that is suitable for petrol and diesel engine oil. I am still studying the effect of using such engine oils on newer 4 cylinder engines that requires 0w20.

Can you do a comparative analysis with Liqui Molly 5W40 as sold in Nigeria on Jumia?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:53am On Jan 01, 2019
weyreypey:

Can you do a comparative analysis with Liqui Molly 5W40 as sold in Nigeria on Jumia?
Send two gallons to me
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 10:57am On Jan 01, 2019
sooperrescue:

Send two gallons to me
Bros I am not the seller. Kindly review this brand...to make this thread complete!! Seasons greetings

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=weyreypey post=74347464]
Bros I am not the seller. Kindly review this brand...to make this thread complete!! Seasons greetings[/quote

I know the seller but if I ask for free gallons, they will not give me. But like you know, we are talking about the local oil, the ones within reach, that a lot of people grew up knowing. We needed to know if they have our interest at heart or they are exploiting us . If I want to be a franchised dealer of a car brand , I will ensure that the oil should be available to make the car repairs available to all. I once challenged a Peugeot staff that why are not telling everyone to use Mobil 1 esp when they knew that Total oil was not suitable for Peugeot cars, he told me that if they bring the car to the dealership, they will use the right oil. I asked him that do Peugeot owners use the dealership? The cars obj gave them, how many among them took the cars to the dealership? Even number plate, they could not afford. It is the same thing with the oil companies. The oil that they are selling, who is their target cars? Vw igala and Peugeot 505 evolution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.