Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95788 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Almaiga: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2018
sooperrescue:
After you don give hope to our team of 20w50 naija oyel, you come go hide dey use better oil. I go report you o.

What do you think about MRS 5w30?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 5:23am On Jul 07, 2018
Almaiga:

What do you think about MRS 5w30?

MRS doesn't have 5W30 but 5W40
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Almaiga: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2018
nurey:

No not like that, I have 4 MRS I price from depending on availability always cheaper by 1k to 500naira that's even for lagos island.

it may be cheaper in warri sef. but you already have a working price so try and confirm also check the weight as there is 10W40 semi synthetic that is identical but way cheaper
What is the difference between the semi synthetic of this brand 10w40 and the full synthetic?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
Almaiga:

What is the difference between the semi synthetic of this brand 10w40 and the full synthetic?

semi synthetic is mixture of synthetic and mineral oil, it has impurities found in normal oil, isn't as thin as synthetic oil and won't last or can't be run long miles as you would a synthetic oil.

if you bought a Nigerian Used car with maintenace history of 20w50, it is advisable to switch to semi synthetic 10wxx first to see engine reaction than just jumping straight to full synthetic 0/5Wxx

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by PropertyDeals(f): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
Thanks for this.
And you should check my signature.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Damdammy: 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
Good day to the expert in the house, I have follow this thread for some times now and really commaallall contributions.
Now, I need suggestions on this issues at hand because I have been to many oil shops without getting what i want.
I bought a new generator whose manual say I should use :
4 stroke motor oil, which API classification meet or exceed API SJ and SAE 10W-30
Pls house which other oil can i use in replacement of the stated spec.
Thanks
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
Damdammy:
Good day to the expert in the house, I have follow this thread for some times now and really commaallall contributions.
Now, I need suggestions on this issues at hand because I have been to many oil shops without getting what i want.
I bought a new generator whose manual say I should use :
4 stroke motor oil, which API classification meet or exceed API SJ and SAE 10W-30
Pls house which other oil can i use in replacement of the stated spec.
Thanks
Sunmec has 20w50 api sl generator oil. Try their office at Olowu in Ikeja. It is not like all those oils we use that destroys our generators

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by etebefia: 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

I
Nice job you are doing here bro, I have followed this topic but I must confess I don't understand anything, please let me break my issue to layman's terms. I got a Hyundai sonata gls 2011 from US like 4 months ago, I changed the oil to mobile super. Did I use the right oil? Should I change? If yes, which oil should I change to? Thanks.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2018
The engine oil requirement is 5w30 and we have Oando , Total that have 5w30 but I have not tried any of them to give my opinion but use any as it is better than the mineral oils that they use in their garages. Is your a turbo? Always use the recommended oil
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Damdammy: 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
helpishere:

Sunmec has 20w50 api sl generator oil. Try their office at Olowu in Ikeja. It is not like all those oils we use that destroys our generators
Thanks
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by SHABZ: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2018
Hi Sooperrescue, have you come across Yuko fully synthetic engine oils? I've been trying to convince myself to use it for some time now as my little research on it gives me a little bit of confidence (although I didn't see the ILSAC certification on it)... Just trying to get a more experienced eye on it.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Damdammy: 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2018
helpishere:

Thanks, but am outside Lagos state now,
House pls any other recommendations?.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:35am On Jul 20, 2018
SHABZ:
Hi Sooperrescue, have you come across Yuko fully synthetic engine oils? I've been trying to convince myself to use it for some time now as my little research on it gives me a little bit of confidence (although I didn't see the ILGAF5 certification on it)... Just trying to get a more experienced eye on it.
Send the picture so that I can get more info. I have seen it once and I just Waka pass
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by SHABZ: 9:53am On Jul 20, 2018
sooperrescue:

Send the picture so that I can get more info. I have seen it once and I just Waka pass
Please see attached

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
SHABZ:

Please see attached
I have gone through the data and all the sellers on jumia and autojosh. I was surprised that autojosh has no information about the oil except that it is synthetic. From their website, it is an oil that is suitable for diesel and gasoline engines, it is suitable for BMW ll01, that means it is not up to oando that has LL04 for BMW . So if your car tells you to use oils for gasoline engines only, then the oil is not suitable for your car. By the way, what brand and model is your car?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by SHABZ: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
[quote author=sooperrescue post=69548316]
I have gone through the data and all the sellers on jumia and autojosh. I was surprised that autojosh has no information about the oil except that it is synthetic. From their website, it is an oil that is suitable for diesel and gasoline engines, it is suitable for BMW ll01, that means it is not up to oando that has LL04 for BMW . So if your car tells you to use oils for gasoline engines only, then the oil is not suitable for your car. By the way, what brand and model is your car?

It's a 2007 Honda accord
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2018
[quote author=SHABZ post=69555393][/quote]
Not suitable. Go for 5w20
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by SHABZ: 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
sooperrescue:

Not suitable. Go for 5w20
Yes, saw the 5w20 variant, I guess I'll make the purchase then. Just wanted to confirm the reputation of the manufacturer. Thanks for your help.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
SHABZ:

Yes, saw the 5w20 variant, I guess I'll make the purchase then. Just wanted to confirm the reputation of the manufacturer. Thanks for your help.

I didn't say it is OK. I outlined that if the manufacturer recommends gasoline engine Oils only, then it is not suitable. Any oil that does not have LL04 for BMW is not OK for your car. Oando is also gasoline and diesel engine and your car requires only gasoline engine oil. Continue searching.....
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by snipesdam(m): 8:58am On Jul 21, 2018
SHABZ:

Please see attached

The name sounds like a Chinese oil.

No approval from dexos.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kewtt: 5:34am On Aug 04, 2018
sooperrescue:
The engine oil requirement is 5w30 and we have Oando , Total that have 5w30 but I have not tried any of them to give my opinion but use any as it is better than the mineral oils that they use in their garages. Is your a turbo? Always use the recommended oil
How good is Total 5W30 oil?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
Kewtt:

How good is Total 5W30 oil?
They have not started selling yet. It is already in the country
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Kewtt: 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2018
sooperrescue:

They have not started selling yet. It is already in the country
Let's hope it's original and European quality.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:03am On Aug 05, 2018
Kewtt:

Let's hope it's original and European quality.
According to them, it is original 5w30 onios meant to resolve Peugeot recommendations and also good for other cars engines. I an still waiting for the specs and the oil too. It is not blended in the country.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by AutoElectNG: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2018
I think that Total 5w30 is already on sale...I distinctly recall seeing it a Total Area 3 Abuja and I seem to have a faint recollection about posting a picture of the jugs on this forum
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
AutoElectNG:
I think that Total 5w30 is already on sale...I distinctly recall seeing it a Total Area 3 Abuja and I seem to have a faint recollection about posting a picture of the jugs on this forum
Good to know. I will get in touch with them and get back
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 6:55am On Oct 02, 2018
It has been confirmed that Total 5w30 engine oil is now in their stations. The dexron 6 transmission fluid is here too to save our gears. Dw1 users have been given a respite. More details later

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by thebigkendo(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2018
sooperrescue:
It has been confirmed that Total 5w30 engine oil is now in their stations. The dexron 6 transmission fluid is here too to save our gears. Dw1 users have been given a respite. More details later

Elo Ni?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
15500k for 5litres and 3500 for dexron 6 with special emphasis on dw1.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2018
sooperrescue:
15500k for 5litres and 3500 for dexron 6 with special emphasis on dw1.

Hi boss do you know which total fueling station has the ATF in stock in lagos most have visited just have the fluid IID and don't even know what this product is
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:12am On Nov 25, 2018
Total by sheraton and Toyin street in Ikeja
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by flecho: 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
Hi, Pl this oando oleum sl is api sm rated does implies that it's beta than Mobil xhp wich is api sl,
Kindly assist

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.