Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? (14016 Views)

Why Do Ugly Girls Get All The Hot Guy / Why Do Ugly Gals Gives More Erection Than The Beautiful Ones / Why Do Ugly Girls Hate Fine Guys In Relationships Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
its long but read and understand why i dislike them

Across the globe, ugly people stand quietly in the corners at parties, alone, unwanted, irrelevant. The guests glom into constellations of 4-5 people, and the uglies drift in the space between like gloomy asteroids. They wonder if this is how life will always be, a melancholy shadow of standard human experience, or if it’s just a passing phase like puberty or baby teeth. They fear others are making friends, achieving professional success, and being loved at a vertiginously higher rate based on Facebook newsfeed impressions and film/television portrayals of people their age. And do they deserve their exile from the mainstream sexy demographic?

Of course they do!

Their first violation of the social contract was in emerging from the womb, thereby increasing cumulative global repulsiveness, a new wart on the face of humanity, one more unwanted animal. How dare they inflict this aesthetic discomfort on fellow citizens? They could’ve not existed indefinitely, but no, they demanded manifestation, and thus, a hideous sperm merged with an equally hideous egg. And they cohabitate with us, the handsomes, as if they are equal, but they are not. God framed their fearful asymmetry and so condemned them to a life of reduced Human Value.

Even our own neurology, evolved over millions of years, recognizes their diminished value as people. In study after study, uglies are more likely to be perceived as dumb, submissive, antisocial, mean, psychologically unstable, and basically every other negative trait you can think of (less delicious?). They’re more likely to be found guilty of a crime and receive harsher sentences from juries. They’re perceived as more dangerous than attractive people. They’re less likely to be hired, and on average, they’re offered lower salaries by employers (10-20% lower!). Even newborn babies, innocent little babies, prefer sexy faces to their lopsided monster faces. The whole universe, every atom, looks upon the ugly person and cringes.

Some might equate this appearance bias with discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, and class—all forms of bigotry with long, horrendous histories. A 19th century Chicago ordinance against ugliness reads: “”Any person who is diseased, maimed, mutilated, or in any way deformed, so as to be an unsightly or disgusting subject…shall not…expose himself to public view, under the penalty of a fine of $1 for each offense.” This attitude lives on today in the L’Oreal executive who allegedly ordered a store manager to fire a salesperson who was not “hot” enough. Or Abercrombie and Fitch’s controversial practice of only hiring people who fit their conception of youthful physical perfection.

But it’s not just perception; science is confirming all our prejudices against irregular faced people, and best of all, no one can argue with science. One recent study in particular found that attractive people actually are statistically smarter than ugly people, while another study found that most criminals are ugly (i.e., a direct correlation between moral fortitude and sexiness). Is it possible attractive people’s higher IQs and lower rates of criminality might be due to years of validation from society, special attention/encouragement from teachers, and greater access to love/support? Could their lifelong struggle against a hostile cosmos in which every creature they encounter discharges billowing black plumes of apathy at them have taken a toll? The answer is no. Science.

If we look at media representations, we see ugly* people often cast as villains to provide visual shorthand for their ugly personalities (see: Walder Frey, Voldemort, Ursula, etc.). Or other times, they’re cast as pitiable supporting characters (see: Gollum, Hurley, Paul Giamatti, etc.). Regardless, they’re rarely the protagonist in mainstream media, and since the protagonist is who viewers typically identify with, the message is clear: ugly people do not matter. Their ontological experiences, stories, their very lives are as disposable as snapchats (another thing no one wants to look at).

We even refuse to listen to ugly people’s music despite it being unnecessary to see their misshapen faces to enjoy it. Somehow, knowing the melody originates in the vocal cords of an ugly person ruins it. No kidding, there are actually studies to confirm that listeners’ ratings of a song are significantly affected by the singer’s appearance, even when rated by highly trained musical evaluators. And even if you’re the rare successful “ugly” musician, the ugliness must be commented on ad nauseam (see: Steven Tyler, Brittney Howard, Lady Gaga, etc.), as if ugliness is your defining characteristic.

Every day, I’m grateful I don’t have prosopagnosia, so I can differentiate the noteworthy people from the organic detritus, the genetic affronts to God’s perfect world. If we couldn’t see each others’ skin suits, if we were just souls floating around, we wouldn’t know who mattered. We would have to find new reasons to hire people and make friends. We would have to give equal attention and encouragement to children, never knowing which child is secretly gross as hell. We would have to acknowledge the abominations because there would be no visual indication of their grotesqueness. What would be beautiful then? A world where I can’t organize people by hot/not is a world without meaning

http://thoughtcatalog.com/brad-pike/2013/11/do-ugly-people-have-any-value-at-all-2/

1 Like

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by QueenSuccubus(f): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
cool

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
bad villains in movies and games are always made to be ugly lipsrsealed
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2016
nobody like anything ugly, they are rejected always, i never go anywere see banner or poster of worwor girl
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by makydebbie(f): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
You aren't a father yet.....wink

And that's good newskisskiss

1 Like

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ugly people are here cuz they don't get weeded out like they should. This is what happens when ppl breed for reasons other than pure sexual attraction. Fat ugly rejects settling for other fat ugly rejects. If you had to SETTLE for someone less than what you wanted, then you shouldn't ever breed with them, and shame on every repulsive mutated idiot out there who did it anyway for making most of humanity disgusting to look at.

Ugly people should be force sterilized :-)
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ugly people do not have any say or credibility. They're opinions do not matter in this world and that is truthful. 2 people side by side a good looking woman and a ugly woman. The ugly woman may give advice that makes a lot of sense but people will ignore it and listen to the good looking woman with bad advice and go by what she says because she automatically wins by default because she is good looking. There is no place in this world for ugly people. It is like they do not exist. If you have an ugly neighbour beside you and a good looking neighbour on the other side of you both females you are most likely to harass the ugly neighbour to get her to move out and you will flirt with the good looking neighbour and always pay her attention.I don't understand why ugly people would want to live from day to day. They do not serve any real purpose in life. People do not want to look at an ugly woman when they wake up to go to work. It makes they're day shitty.Ugly people were meant to always be alone with no one to love them. No one cares about ugly people. They do not care whether they live or die because their very existence has no bearing on society.In Starbucks they should create 2 lines. 1 line for good looking people and the other line for ugly people. The ugly line will always be full because they will not be served haaaa.

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2016
cheesy

Lol.. Is this how you want to make Nairaland great again??

Attacking ugly people??

Little wonder why people think you're unemployed and dumb..

9 Likes

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
ugly people are always rejected and treated differently, a fine girl will always get things done before the ugly one
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
We make u feel special
And we dont ask for pay
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by talktonase(m): 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2016
How dare you question the existence of God's wonderful creature
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2016
OBTSubtle:
cheesy

Attacking ugly people??

i am not attacking them, there is order in life, an ugly girl shouldnt be talking to me that one is my own, they should stand in corners and watch
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by peterdrury: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2016
It's one thing to be ugly, it's another thing not to have inferiority complex. You hate as if you can give life. If everyone had the opportunity to create an image of how they will like to be, what do think would happen? Lastly you may be beautiful /handsome today, anything can make you ugly tomorrow.

Useles.s topic.

8 Likes

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
makydebbie:
You aren't a father yet.....wink

And that's good newskisskiss
genes never lie, if i marry my gf , our kids will be out of this world, i will never marry an ugly girl spits
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by makydebbie(f): 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2016
OBTSubtle:
cheesy

Attacking ugly people??

you just nailed it cheesy
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2016
peterdrury:
It's one thing to be ugly, it's another thing not to have inferiority complex. You hate as if you can give life. If everyone had the opportunity to create an image of how they will like to be, what do think would happen? Lastly you may be beautiful /handsome today, anything can make you ugly tomorrow.

Useles.s topic.
that one no be my business boss, they should hide, on other site uglies dont talk angry
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2016
makydebbie:
you just nailed it cheesy
i posted a picture of me at work yesterday, una still dey talk this talk cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by peterdrury: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingjude1:
that one no be my business boss, they should hide, on other site uglies dont talk angry
Am trying to understand you but I can't, so ugly people should not talk?
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Mayhorz(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
OBTSubtle:
cheesy
Attacking ugly people??

.. Dont derail the Topic abeg...Makin zometin outta Notin..

2 Likes

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ugly is found in the heart. No one is born ugly that's just a social construct.
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingjude1:
i posted a picture of me at work yesterday, una still dey talk this talk cheesy cheesy cheesy

WE DIDN'T SEE IT O shocked WERE IS IT
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by makydebbie(f): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingjude1:
I don't really care.... Create a human being and stop making noise
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
AnthonioAlsaid:

WE DIDN'T SEE IT O shocked WERE IS IT
who be you?
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2016
Raine80:
Ugly is found in the heart. No one is born ugly that's just a social construct.
keep quiet angry i have seen ugly babies
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingjude1:
keep quiet angry i have seen ugly babies
Unfortunately you can't cure stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by goshikid: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingjude1:
ugly people are always rejected and treated differently, a fine girl will always get things done before the ugly one
E be lyk ugly girls don break your heart before, oya share your experience undecided
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
Raine80:

Unfortunately you can't cure stupid.
ugly girls always come loaded with ugly attitudes
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
goshikid:
E be lyk ugly girls don break your heart before, oya share your experience undecided
i no just like ugly girls angry right from my primary school days, i always dey attack them
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2016
Do u know it takes only few seconds to make u very ugly.....be careful and grateful so u don't lose the good things u think u have.

little love and kindness won't make u useless.
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by RoadsAndGreen(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2016
OP I recommend you search up "words of people about to die" and read maybe then you'll have sense. Nothing matters

1 Like

Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingjude1:
ugly girls always come loaded with ugly attitudes
Napoleon complex!
Re: Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2016
Kingjude1:
i am not attacking them, there is order in life, an ugly girl shouldnt be talking to me that one is my own, they should stand in corners and watch

Okay man.. Whatever you say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do Girls Mean By 'God Fearing' ? / Meet One Of D Hottest Naija Instagram Babe that almost gone unclad [see Photos] / PIC: When Your Side Guy Insists You Use His Picture As Your DP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.