Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes (36487 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by diehard1: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
People will be dropping calls before 3mins and then call again so no tax. grin

7 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by jozee8: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
Why not tax on cars, churches, estates ( at least that would stop wastage of resources we see littering all around abandoned). private schools etc.
Na only poor man them go everly dey target
Mon kiss!

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Xxpress(m): 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
These people sha

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Hardtalkjoe: 2:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
THIS MAN IS NOTHING BUT AN OPPRESSOR, HE KILLED THE NAIRA AND THE ECONOMY WITH HIS TRIAL AND ERROR POLICIES, NOW HE IS ASKING FOR THE HEAD OF HAPLESS NIGERIANS TO MAKE FOR HIS BACKWARD MONETARY POLICIES. HE SHOULD BE RESIGN.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by seXytOhbAd(m): 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
Quick question please house. Don't we already pay a VAT on the recharge cards we buy? This is a government that is inclined to add extra burden to our yoke.

2019 is fast approaching

8 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by repogirl(f): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
What is wrong with this man sef. The govt already taxes our recharge by 10 percent and now they want to tax even our calls?

What sort of stupidity is this?

7 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by abbas99(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
Efimile or wateva ur name is......

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by repogirl(f): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
Quick question please house. Don't we already pay a VAT on the recharge cards we buy? This is a government that is inclined to add extra burden to our yoke.

2019 is fast approaching
Exactly! This is nonsense and we are letting them get away with it. They will soon start taxing us on the commodities we buy in the market, just watch.

5 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by TheFreeOne: 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
So the era of Bros I beg pls call me back don dey load be dat o.

And is he not aware Nigerians callers often use a minute or two to greet/felicitate with one another before going into the nitty gritty of the call?
Like... Yemi bawo ni o? Phone e ti n ring latekan o je gbe abi o wa ni kitchen ni.?
Se alafia ni gbo ile wa o awon omo mi nko?

Mo ri iya morufu Lana o ti e bere e. Hello hello kilo so? Ok ooto loso ki olorun saanu wa o. Eku recession o ki olorun gbawa lowo ijoba buhari o.

But seriously this government is making governance a rocket science.

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Iko5000: 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
you are definitely right , in UK most people hardly make calls with land lines and the young people hardly make voice calls with mobiles so this plan will eventually backfire as most users will move to data calls using different apps or just plain texting .
KINGwax007:
The thing is: u can't just open ur mouth and borrow western solution and expect it to work. Just like NOI advises buhari to increase TAX and VAT, just the way the wests used to do whenever they are hit with cash crunch..

because UK has turned its voice calls into luxury and her citizens have resolved to using WhatsApp call, abandoning the hpnewly highly taxed voice calls, doesn't mean we shld do the same.

Why not start by reducing the coat of governance and see?

But, if you wish to do that, I get IMO, WhatsApp, Google duo and line... E no go matter, I am always online...and my Mtn na baba when it comes to network reception..

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by donodion(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
When will PMb listen to the electorates for Nigerian sake? Get rid of this and replace him with someone much more experienced.Hes talking about generating more fund...AND WHAT HAPPENED TO REDUCING OVERHEAD INCLUDING ALLOWANCES AND BENEFITS FOR ALL MEMBERS OF THE PRESIDENCY CABINET, SENATE, BOTH UPPER AND LOWER HOUSE.?

YOU ARE NOT RICH BY WHAT YOU EARN BUT BY WHAT YOU SAVE DAMMIT!!!

THIS EMEFIELE is among those responsible for Buharis led administration,to keep losing citizens and voters confidence with most of his horrendous trial by error ideas and policies. Not one hardly work out or yield positive results that benefits the citizens....not one.

Hes better of running a parastatal like tourism please, haba mana! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by shumuel(m): 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
Mtcheeeew! They should just tell us to be working and they should be collecting all our salaries.

Soon they would tax us for inhaling Nigerian Air.

May God Save Nigerians

When is that Slave Boat coming again sef

9 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by biggz82: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
This people are just looking for ways to kill the common man

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
YourNemesis:
Don't try rubbish if you don;t want to see the mass finally revolt oooo..... !! angry angry angry

Nothing will happen! Nigerians will only rant on the internet.

No be today government start dey treat una like shi.t!

Fella sing am: "my people too dey fear.......i no wan die, I get one child, mama dey for house"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Seun(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
diehard1:
People will be dropping calls before 3mins and then call again so no tax. grin
Exactly. And some people will just summarize what they want to say within 3 minutes and end the call. It's just a thoroughly bad idea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Acidosis(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
Seun:
How can the chief economist of a country think that raising taxes on long phone calls, which will depress spending, telco revenue, and ultimately telco jobs, will help an economy in recession? Where does Mr. Emefiele get all his bad ideas? How can one man have so many terrible ideas?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by iykedare(m): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
Greatzeus:
Gatto be kidding me shocked how much will that generate for the government that will stop recession.
Well,me I dont make calls for 3mins ,team 30sec grin

Even with all the money in the world ,these clueless government and their ministers will still put us in recession.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by NightHawke: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
If this story is true? I am compelled to vent. This man has lost it.

So sad. Why not go further by taxing the air the populace breathe.

You can even import meters to sell to the people to effectively bill the air they breathe in and fine them for the excess production of co2.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by baby124: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
They need to find a way to push this man out. See his ideas? The phone companies are already taxed, and they pass this tax on to the consumers. That is enough. Which one is this again? I think the talent we have in CBN should be reviewed. All the heads of department should be investigated, and pushed out so the country can move forward.

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by SoliBayNG: 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
First, they wanna tell us how to spend our money. Now control us. We can't pay for your incompetence. Vote truly educated people, Nigerians won't listen.

All trial and error folks out there.

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Acidosis(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
Emefiele the dumb.ass

You cannot outsmart Nigerians. Enforce this policy and expect all calls to end 2 min 59 seconds.

It is clear that if Buhari and his allies do not destroy this nation with ineffective fiscal policies, the CBN will through weak and negative monetary policies.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by poyet(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
And the eedeeyot never mentioned anything about the reduction of his salary, allowances and the number of cars in his motorcade. Abeg, make we hear word jare!

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by idu1(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
Very stupiid man.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by iykedare(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
Blue3k:
Why not cut spending and reduce taxes. These guys want to bleed to citezens dry. It doesn't make sense. Can anyone tell me a service the federal government provides that you're very satisfied with?

Lying. The government is very good at that. They are second to none.

Pushing the blame to Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ole come and collect it..
Phone tax ko...
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by CosmicJames(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:
Another display of incompetence by the CBN governor, Emiefiele.
Very incompitent. Look at where and how he wants to raise money from? I keep telling people that it appears God is using this govt punish us

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Kassidy90(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
Oloriburuku ni man yi sha...

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by ipledge10(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
I used to think that if we are no more dependent on oil our problem will be solved so I always want oil to be useless. now I can see clearly that if anything happens to oil our government will be the one bringing gun to our house at middle of the night to rob us

#spitonNigeriagovernment

7 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2016
See big joke... grin

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by iykedare(m): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
NightHawke:

So sad. Why not go further by taxing the air the populace breathe.

You can even import meters to sell to the people to effectively bill the air they breathe in and fine them for the excess production of co2.

Bro, you are wicked o.

You have just given them an idea of what to do next. grin

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by felixomor: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
Right from when this man introduced all forms of unscrupulous atm charges, this man has never impressed me. I am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Vince77(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
All the tax they have been collecting what is the money being used for?

Nothing.

One day these people will ask us to pay tax for the air we breathe.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NCC Suspends Data Price Increase / Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan / Infinix Hot 6 Pro Specifications And Price In Nigeria, Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.