Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,982 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes (36473 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by menxer: 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
iykedare:

If he is incompetent, he should be thrown away. If his policies are wack, why are we still keeping him?

What a country!!

We as a country lack the balls to call a spade what it is.

Watch out for those that will go for PMB's head instead.
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by thunderbabs: 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
Mehn, just like America made the mistake of voting Trump in. Can as well say this same for Nigeria.

Y'all made a Great mistake!

Live with it!

How about taxing the distance i cover with my legs.....

They just dont know how to go about solving this economic quagmire, profering stupid measures...where does he think this is?

London?

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by symbianDON(m): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
I think the best thing is for government to just ask us all to form a queue and have us all flogged 3 times a day!! these people must think we are quite stu.p.I.d!! dolts

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by ipledge10(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
UnknownT:
Na to set call time reminder to 2:59, once e reach there, the call go cut automatically, i dial am again cry
i remember when we use to do this... I don't even know if that's still possible again...

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by mountainidea: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
Solution to Nigeria economic recession:
1. Reduce Emefiele monthly salary to 50K
2. No more. Free official residence for Emefiele
3. Emefiele should be paying for premiim motor spirit (fuel)

5 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by iykedare(m): 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
menxer:

We as a country lack the balls to call a spade what it is.

Watch out for those that will go for PMB's head instead.

Anyone who calls for buhari s head is right. As the head of his country, it is his responsibility to ensure that his work men are competent. The CBN guy's position is so important that you can't afford to have a dullard there and things will be fine.

Buhari should get a more competent person. Period.
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Adebowale89(m): 4:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
emefiele is a clown on its own version

one of the worst CBN governor in the history of Nigeria financial governance

how can you exploit the citizen the more when people are still struggling to take 3 square meal

Nigeria is not operating a Democratic system of govt or shud I say Democratic system of govt had been compromise in the hand of this present administration with this their capitalism economy system of govt

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Collins87: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Orga. Forget this very method, bring another one please!
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Bhugarious: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ehn..... So your plan is to milk the masses dry and take the generated revenue finance buying of luxurious cars for legislooters, pay newspaper and house sitting... sorry sleeping allowances abi?
If i catch you this man ehn.... i will dash you a factory resetting slap enshrined in the ministry of brain correction, meanwhile till i catch you, receive e-flogging for making that unpopular proposal.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by princetom1(m): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
KINGwax007:
The thing is: u can't just open ur mouth and borrow western solution and expect it to work. Just like NOI advises buhari to increase TAX and VAT, just the way the wests used to do whenever they are hit with cash crunch..

because UK has turned its voice calls into luxury and her citizens have resolved to using WhatsApp call, abandoning the hpnewly highly taxed voice calls, doesn't mean we shld do the same.

Why not start by reducing the coat of governance and see?

But, if you wish to do that, I get IMO, WhatsApp, Google duo and line... E no go matter, I am always online...and my Mtn na baba when it comes to network reception..

U just said my mind. 2 bottles of origin and 3 plates of nkwobi for u

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by menxer: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
iykedare:

Anyone who calls for buhari s head is right. As the head of his country, it is his responsibility to ensure that his work men are competent. The CBN guy's position is so important that you can't afford to have a dullard there and things will be fine.

Buhari should get a more competent person. Period.

Wouldn't it be dictatorial, tribalistic, and partisan for PMB to sack Emefiele?

Common, you how the wailers reason na.
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by igwegeorgiano(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
i dont want to call this emefiele a dumbskull but i think his brain need a psychiatrist attention. how could he propose such nonsense. am very sure he has never recharge his phone with his money before. this idiot has been feeding fat on tax payers money and now he is proposing craps when he is supposed to focus on how he will bring the rate of d dollar down against our naira. O boy mbok park well o and drop that rubbish u re proposing there in abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by PaulIdu: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
Emefiele is is truly a Dullard..if he can reason so poorly no wonder Nigeria economy is in shambles and here I was thinking it was due to Buhari's lack of vision alone ..so so sad

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by kaboninc(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ijaya123:

How have you ever ensured judicious use, proper spending of our money? How have you ensured accountability and transparency in government? How have you monitor government spending and ensure that they are indeed well placed, cost effective and socially impacting?

Nigerians and the way they respond to issues.

Do you really expect me to reply you?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by shehuolayinka(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Sorry to say, but this man is actually not OK upstair.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Codes151(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Instead of reducing Una spending Una wan rape us finish

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by iykedare(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
menxer:

Wouldn't it be dictatorial, tribalistic, and partisan for PMB to sack Emefiele?

Common, you how the wailers reason na.

The most important thing is that a competent person is there as CBN Governor. Nigerians will always bring in tribal and religious sentiments and that is why we haven't developed as a nation. People would rather have an olodo guy from their tribe than have a reliable person who isn't from their tribe/religion in these positions.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by PaulIdu: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
It's now the responsibility of all well meaning Nigerians to call for the resignation of this dull monkey called Emefiele..the man is a total idiot and he has to resign ASAP

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Adebolade(m): 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
Dear God, kindly punish him for me if not for us
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by menxer: 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
folasayolyn:

haa slave boat biko why didn't my ancestors get on it

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaahaha

See laughter in the midst of impending call tax. Hhhhhhmmmm

You sef, my ancestors thought they did the right thing then not to get on board MS Americana, now see me here regretting on/in their behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by bart10: 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
Soon this government will regulate what couples do in za oza room grin
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by lawngmahan(m): 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
when will this our so call people's representative be reasonable, out of all other better way of increasing revenue, u people want to settle to subjecting the mass to more suffering

I swear God will definitely punish u all, wicked and clueless government
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by shotster50(m): 4:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
You cannot properly structure FG's expenditure, some of which are needless wastes, going to the most inane and ridiculous things but you the Nigerian masses to pay for your lack of proper accountability...
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Getintouch2004(m): 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
AntiWailer:
Not a bad idea.

If we pay jst 1 % tax on 100,000,000,000 Naira 100billion naira spent per annum on calls.

That is 1,000,000,000,000

1 Billion Naira Revenue.

And we will not even feel it as callers.

You and this CBN Governor are dullards sef, plus una president.

So 1,000,000,000,000 is a Billion Naira, abi?
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by sundayamazing3: 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
Na thunder go fire that Monkey Emiefele. He caused all the hardship in Nigeria. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by kinglee007(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
AntiWailer:
Not a bad idea.

If we pay jst 1 % tax on 100,000,000,000 Naira 100billion naira spent per annum on calls.

That is 1,000,000,000,000

1 Billion Naira Revenue.

And we will not even feel it as callers.

That is if it's gonna be at 1%.
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by kaboninc(m): 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Seun:
How can the chief economist of a country think that raising taxes on long phone calls, which will depress spending, telco revenue, and ultimately telco jobs, will help an economy in recession?

Oga Seun.. ....this one no be religion oh
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by franklynsunny(m): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
May thunder fire u for dere?
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by ogtavia(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
be like say someone is taxing him also on how he uses his brain to think/reason..maybe that's why he doesn't reason for long / hard or even deep sef...always on the surface...so I can't make 1 - 2hrs calls per day like I do....smh
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by vRendoh(m): 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
APC. ....natin person no go hear
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Ijaya123: 5:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
kaboninc:

Nigerians and the way they respond to issues.

Do you really expect me to reply you?

Simply because with your post, it's obvious you're not in touch with reality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NCC Suspends Data Price Increase / Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan / Infinix Hot 6 Pro Specifications And Price In Nigeria, Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.