Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes (36494 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
wowmenow:
I know the afonjas will resist this one because they can talk
See folks!!! Another broken samsung Igbo!!!
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by eightsin(m): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
It beats me my brother. He is famous for silly ideas like this one

Seun:
How can the chief economist of a country think that raising taxes on long phone calls, which will depress spending, telco revenue, and ultimately telco jobs, will help an economy in recession?

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by folasayolyn(f): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
shumuel:
Mtcheeeew! They should just tell us to be working and they should be collecting all our salaries.

Soon they would tax us for inhaling Nigerian Air.

May God Save Nigerians

When is that Slave Boat coming again sef

haa slave boat biko why didn't my ancestors get on it

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by autonomous22: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
see d kam empty brain ppl wey dey employ as our CBN governor.... no wonder dey country dey like dis

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by gemini35(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
dhardline:
Will reducing allowances of senators and house of rep members not reduce expenditures for the FG?

Will cutting down security votes not reduce expenditures ?

Will buying made in Nigeria cars for senators not reduce expenditures?

Will stopping sitting governors, senators, house of reps members, ministers from collecting

pensions not reduce expenditures?

No they won't see this one's, they only see the ones that will stiffle the poor masses and take the

little they have to fund their extravagant life styles and yet this same masses will sing praises to

them.

It's High time we the youths wake up and take back our country. Our leaders have failed us.
bro our leader,s hv faild us ,i,weep for the poor ,recently they bougth car,s worth billions,in this hard time,

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
Wetin be my 2go username and password o... sha whatsapp call na anoda alternative. this one na B2SN(back to social network)!. Dis pple are nt cirious
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Muyiwaolu: 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Ilu jogbo
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by ngmgeek(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
That's what happen when you promise the people heaven and earth before election
.... only to find out that your water don pass garri. Yeye govt lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by ChessEnthusiast: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
KINGwax007:
The thing is: u can't just open ur mouth and borrow western solution and expect it to work. Just like NOI advises buhari to increase TAX and VAT, just the way the wests used to do whenever they are hit with cash crunch..

because UK has turned its voice calls into luxury and her citizens have resolved to using WhatsApp call, abandoning the hpnewly highly taxed voice calls, doesn't mean we shld do the same.

Why not start by reducing the coat of governance and see?

But, if you wish to do that, I get IMO, WhatsApp, Google duo and line... E no go matter, I am always online...and my Mtn na baba when it comes to network reception..
god bless you
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Muyiwaolu: 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
Seeking alternative is not the issue here. They the government should simply get their fair share from the telecom company. Africa and its managers are just simply bunch of babies....
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by shumuel(m): 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
Vince77:

Pls notify me when that boat arrives. grin grin

I sure will, i don't know why our forefather ran back then, we for no dey experience all these nonsense now, shiit mehn grin

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by nortcentrallord(m): 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nigerians pay tax in the form of VAT on loading as low as a 50 naira air time and now you want them to pay another tax on calls that exceed 3mins? Why don't you add tax to all those using data accessible phone, those eating two square meals, those who use their toilet everyday, those who are married or have girlfriends and even those who have sex as much as three times in a week because to me all the aforementioned are average and high income earners. Rubbish. If you refuse your many allowances, about 100 Nigerians would have earned their salary a month and be contented.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by cejaypriesty(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
Greatzeus:
Gatto be kidding me shocked how much will that generate for the government that will stop recession.
Well,me I dont make calls for 3mins ,team 30sec grin
Hahahaha, nice one

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by iykedare(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
NightHawke:

That was not my intention. Tired of this moronic persons at the helm of affairs. I know how we are struggling as a company not to downsize. We got foreign exchange @ black market rate to import machines for production.

The end user bears the final cost. How much will you sell.

Most kids don't go to school again with lunch boxes.
Paracetamol now sells for N50 as against N20 for a satchet.
Antimalarial drugs from N350/500 now N720
Palm oil from N300/600 now N1200

Is Syria a country at war expected to be better than Nigeria?

You now wake up and say "You want to tax calls"

Ourll

Let's pray it gets better.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by folasayolyn(f): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
can this man please surprise me and say something sensible that would actually improve the quality of our lives.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by helovesme(f): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hardtalkjoe:
THIS MAN IS NOTHING BUT AN OPPRESSOR, HE KILLED THE NAIRA AND THE ECONOMY WITH HIS TRIAL AND ERROR POLICIES, NOW HE IS ASKING FOR THE HEAD OF HAPLESS NIGERIANS TO MAKE FOR HIS BACKWARD MONETARY POLICIES. HE SHOULD BE RESIGN.

I keep saying it. He is the worst CBN governor ever in the history of nigeria.

Why he hasn't been sacked just baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by shumuel(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
folasayolyn:

haa slave boat biko why didn't my ancestors get on it

me sef no know ooo, we should have been in the US now protesting against Trump or in the UK.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Vince77(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
shumuel:

I sure will, i don't know why our forefather ran back then, we for no dey experience all these nonsense now, shiit mehn grin

Our forefathers fvck up no be small. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by menxer: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
steppin:
APC government and taxes are like bread and butter.

The CBN governor, Emefiele, is not an APC person, this is not about party, it is about our leaders at every level of government structure having people oriented thoughts and policies.

Mind you, APC government came to meet Emefiele on seat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by helovesme(f): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
iykedare:

Even with all the money in the world ,these clueless government and their ministers will still put us in recession.

This efelulu dude was appointed by Jonathan. Don't forget that.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by dhardline(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
gemini35:
bro our leader,s hv faild us ,i,weep for the poor ,recently they bougth car,s worth billions,in this hard time,

If only this same poor masses will totally reject and chase them away the next time they call for a rally, things would begin to take a new turn.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Chukazu: 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
the most confused CBN governor ever liveth?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by helovesme(f): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
menxer:

The CBN governor, Emfiele, is not an APC person, this is not about party, it is about our leaders at every level of government structure to have people oriented thoughts and policies.

Mind you, APC government came to met Emfiele on seat.

Word !!!

I just wish Buhari could grow some balls and kick him out.

It's been one useless policy/reversal or another.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by excel101(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
Why is it that the so called masses are always @ the receiving end. The politicians a the thieves, go for them and stop this unnecessary call tax

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by iykedare(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
helovesme:

This efelulu dude was appointed by Jonathan. Don't forget that.

If he is incompetent, he should be thrown away. If his policies are wack, why are we still keeping him?

What a country!!
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by shumuel(m): 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
Vince77:

Our forefathers fvck up no be small. grin grin

No mind them, small beating, small hunger, they couldn't endure that they had to run, mtcheeew! I dey vex o but Anyways we thank God

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by joceey(m): 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
Who made this this cbn governor?
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by helovesme(f): 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
autonomous22:
see d kam empty brain ppl wey dey employ as our CBN governor.... no wonder dey country dey like dis

It's the intellectual Buffon , GEJ that appointed him oh.

Most useless CBN governor ever.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by helovesme(f): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
joceey:
Who made this this cbn governor?

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

The drunkard from bayelsa
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by ibietela2(m): 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
UnknownT:
Na to set call time reminder to 2:59, once e reach there, the call go cut automatically, i dial am again cry

Is Buhari not stabilizing oil price again?
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by move1043: 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
criminals talk... I don't blame the CBN governor, it buhari i blame... I told him to sack this yeye man since he refused... rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NCC Suspends Data Price Increase / Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan / Infinix Hot 6 Pro Specifications And Price In Nigeria, Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.