Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes (36459 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / No Nigerian Should’ve More Than 3 Phone Numbers – Pantami / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Marotzke(m): 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
My take on this matter? Why is it coming from the CBN Governor? Is this a monetary policy?

Don't we have a finance minister? When someone who is saddled with the responsibility of making monetary policies for us is now dabbling into initiating fiscal policies too, then Wahala dey.

Madam kemi, if you cannot comprehend what your work details ,entails, then jejely resign. Olawale Edun and Femi Cardoso would have done a better job.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by iamharkinwaley: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
Is like that CBN governor is high on Oshogbo weed......let me see you impose the tax....

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by oluxy(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
This man must be crazy. Because they can afford it and also have many other incomes from crooks money n salary, why won't he proposed it?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by kennymotors(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
NanagistBlog:

http://nairametrics.com/emperor-emefiele-calls-for-a-tax-on-gsm-calls-above-3-minutes/
this government is confused, deduction of N50 on every a thousand deposited, is not enough, very soon you will charge on every 3 satchest of water we drink,instead of heavy charge on any body own more than 3 cars ,this FG only targeted poor mases

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Vince77(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
austinosita:

Nothing will happen! Nigerians will only rant on the internet.

No be today government start dey treat una like shi.t!

Fella sing am: "my people too dey fear.......i no wan die, I get one child, mama dey for house"

No be lie u talk sha

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by RoadsAndGreen(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
I just dey laugh where i dey. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Bluesearoll(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
, E BE LIKE SAY CRAZE DEY WORRY DIS EMEFUUULE

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Vince77(m): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
shumuel:
Mtcheeeew! They should just tell us to be working and they should be collecting all our salaries.

Soon they would tax us for inhaling Nigerian Air.

May God Save Nigerians

When is that Slave Boat coming again sef

Pls notify me when that boat arrives. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by fkdmods: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
KINGwax007:
The thing is: u can't just open ur mouth and borrow western solution and expect it to work. Just like NOI advises buhari to increase TAX and VAT, just the way the wests used to do whenever they are hit with cash crunch..

because UK has turned its voice calls into luxury and her citizens have resolved to using WhatsApp call, abandoning the hpnewly highly taxed voice calls, doesn't mean we shld do the same.

Why not start by reducing the coat of governance and see?

But, if you wish to do that, I get IMO, WhatsApp, Google duo and line... E no go matter, I am always online...and my Mtn na baba when it comes to network reception..

These reasons are not why it won't work. You talk as if taxation at all levels is not what all normal countries do. Germany has probably one of the most expensive and highest taxation systems in the world but you'll hardly feel it because they use the proceeds to better the lives of it's citizens. Nigeria can never do anything to better the lives of it's citizens because majority of it's citizens and leaders are inherently corrupt. Even if their streets were paved with gold it would still be poor. I don't think you all truly understand the impact of corruption in your daily lives.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
AntiWailer:
Not a bad idea.

If we pay jst 1 % tax on 100,000,000,000 Naira 100billion naira spent per annum on calls.

That is 1,000,000,000,000

1 Billion Naira Revenue.

And we will not even feel it as callers.

That's not the problem.

How accountable is the government? A great portion of that "revenue" is bound to be siphoned.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Ijaya123: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
kaboninc:
Let's not crucify him abeg.

He has made a very useful point.

Our response should not be about if it's welcome (because it is) but how do we ensure judicious use, proper spending of our money? How do we ensure accountability and transparency in government? How do we monitor government spending and ensure that they are indeed well placed, cost effective and socially impacting?

How have you ever ensured judicious use, proper spending of our money? How have you ensured accountability and transparency in government? How have you monitor government spending and ensure that they are indeed well placed, cost effective and socially impacting?

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by 9JAgosurvive: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2016
Tax, and multiple taxes all on stagnant wages, owed salaries, no wages and a people facing one of the highest rates of unemployment in the 21st century.

Copy cat Economist

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by uzuede4(f): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
UnknownT:
Na to set call time reminder to 2:59, once e reach there, the call go cut automatically, i dial am again cry
Notin do you. grin
UnknownT:
Na to set call time reminder to 2:59, once e reach there, the call go cut automatically, i dial am again cry
Notin do you.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Praktikals(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
KINGwax007:
But, if you wish to do that, I get IMO, WhatsApp, Google duo and line... E no go matter, I am always online...and my Mtn na baba when it comes to network reception..
'We' go still come after heavy data users (over 100mb/mnth)

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by NightHawke: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
iykedare:

Bro, you are wicked o.

You have just given them an idea of what to do next. grin

That was not my intention. Tired of this moronic persons at the helm of affairs. I know how we are struggling as a company not to downsize. We got foreign exchange @ black market rate to import machines for production.

The end user bears the final cost. How much will you sell.

Most kids don't go to school again with lunch boxes.
Paracetamol now sells for N50 as against N20 for a satchet.
Antimalarial drugs from N350/500 now N720
Palm oil from N300/600 now N1200

Is Syria a country at war expected to be better than Nigeria?

You now wake up and say "You want to tax calls"

Ourll

6 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Hiploko(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2016
N50 stamp duty no do una?

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
As dumb as his incompetent boss!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by emi14: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
This bunch of nonentities are really confused. If you borrow such barbarism from UK also borrow their methods of paying workers salaries and efficiency on pensions and allowances. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by basadenet: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
This Emefiele guy with his Igbo sense. And if he has no solution to naija problems, I will advise that he resign now before he too will be disgrace out of office like his predecessor sanusi lamido. Chicken brain.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by bejeria101(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
Confused factory fitted opunu dullard. Zombies una see una life. Daft govt
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by philybuck(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
I wonder where this guy gets his inspiration, taxing calls above 3 mins won't affect the poor? This guy is such a joke. What happened to luxury tax so that thiefs like you that has more than 3 range rovers and Mercedes in your garage pay through your noses. Nonsense talk cool

4 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Idrismusty97(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
They have started again o. As if our call tariff isn't expensive enough. Somebody shoot him please.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by bejeria101(m): 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
uboma:
Another display of incompetence by the CBN governor, Emiefiele.

Factory fitted incompetence if u ask me. How does dis even work?

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Bestbeelieve: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
Daft slowpoke!!

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Pray(m): 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
Anyone being paid from my hard earned tax that is trying or making life difficult for the masses shall never know peace.

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by Winneygirl(f): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
But government is already making money from stamp duty charge introduced this year. This money is from the masses.
They still wanna tax some more?
This Emefiele doesn't have any idea on how to generate income for the country apart from making poor citizens bleed.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by agrovick(m): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
Good one, Emefiele would have been a good comedian if he had considered a career in that line.
Instead of the jester to pursue a vigorous crusade in the reduction of cost of governance, (I recently read a story of 3.6B naira worth of cars delivered to the Senathieves) he is talking about taxing calls.

Let them implement and watch people reduce their cost on calls and lets see if the Telecommunication sector won't experience a downtime.

Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by cornel994(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
He wud jst open his muat and pull out rubbish, Beyt y em tenure neva expire na
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by NightHawke: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
Its obvious this man ran Zenith Bank on loose deposits from Government.
Spin around oil deals dabbed with subsidy claims etc.
How much of the real economy did he encourage his bank to grow under his watch?

Let me add to your obsolete ideas:
1) Send your goons to tax everyone that puts on clothes while walking on the street.

2) Your people can stand before every church/mosque in Nigeria to collect attendance levies.
Not forgetting the shrines too.

3) Since you are a baldy you can tax people for growing their hair and fine the women folk for using attachment and weave-on

The list is endless.

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by goshen26: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
Task masters have come again

Pharaoh's brother...

Always looking for means to exhort the masses

They want to copy western world in tax ideas but they won't copy them in area of good governance to the citizens...

Ur days are numbered...smh

So u won't place charge on my whatsapp call to my babe no wahala
Re: Emefiele Proposes A Tax On Phone Calls Longer Than 3 Minutes by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
So, they want to tax us and us the money to finance most expensive law makers in the world?

Taxing the poor and using the money to pay the super-rich, who are paid allowances for virtually everything, including Newspapers
!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Power Bank Are You Using & How Satisfied Are You With It? / NCC Suspends Data Price Increase / Mtn Introduces 2GB For N1000 Data Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.