Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (16900 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by invisible2(m): 8:18pm On Aug 09, 2010
They are afraid because the woman will be too big-headed to pound my yam in the backyard.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by dontgiveup: 11:08am On Aug 10, 2010
for a God fearing woman, she will surely humble her self and know that without a man a woman will be given diffrent kinds of name.
as for a man that truely love his wife and know that their coming togethere is to help each-other but not to make one a slave for the other, i can marry a successful and highly educated woman but it will depends on her moral and religion aspect of life is which is the most and first thing a man or woman should look for before the physical aspect of life such as beauty and money with what it can buy.

Nowdays woman and man look at the finest carton of a products and not the content of it , if truely is good or not but they will be carried away with fancy and flash things, that is y people are having prob with their relatioship. after some years even months you will be seing the couple in regratting thier relationship with each other,defferent kinds of words will be coming out of their mouth.

I pray to God to give us our wife / husband and not something else of woman or man
Thank you all
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by invisible2(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2010
I know a working girl that treks to work while she has millions saved. She is afraid of buying a car lest men desert her.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by agabaI23(m): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2010
invisible!:

I know a working girl that treks to work while she has millions saved. She is afraid of buying a car lest men desert her.
She is making a mistake. She should show what she is worth so that a man that can deal with it will come her way.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by invisible2(m): 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^^^ most guys will think "this one don chop life too much, if I marry her, I cannot stand up to her"
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by luap: 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
Why is it that most successful women are the ugly ones?  They get all those degrees, house, and car. Then they say,"I don't get it, how come I can't find a successful man?"

The truth is that most successful men are not interested in successful women, because they do not need them. What they want is a good looking woman.

I don't care how successful a woman is. No guy going to sleep with an unattrative women. Maybe those successful women should go get some liposuction and breast augmentation. Also read up on some Kama Sutra books.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by rubi(f): 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2010
Only few men can handle successful women and I do respect men who do so. It takes a lot of diplomacy to do that.

They compliment each other more when the man is successful too at least they can be on the same page.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Jellitah: 8:02am On Feb 09, 2013
SERIOUS FEAR O!ALL BECAUSE OF E BADU BELLE AND E JOLOSI! grin
It takes a real man to put up with us!
All others. . . MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by tpiander: 12:43am On Jan 21, 2015
I dont think they are @ topic.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by tpiander: 12:45am On Jan 21, 2015
luap:

Maybe those successful women should go get some liposuction and breast augmentation. Also read up on some Kama Sutra books.

well, your world is simple for sure.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bukatyne(f): 11:12am On Nov 08, 2016
AjanleKoko:
Hmmm. . . for AjanleKoko, this is a post in unfamiliar territory. . . spare me please!

Firstly, I'm tempted to think the problem is a Nigerian or African one . . . generally both the man and the woman are not mature enough to handle such situations. The man can't help feeling inferior because of his ego, and the woman (yes, varium et mutabile semper femina!) is easily carried away by external influences, and as such may inadvertently make the man feel inferior. But it's really a social values thing. We seem to harp a lot on success in these parts, and judge people by the size of their possessions nine times out of ten. Heck, Nigerian people even brag about how intelligent they are to other Nigerian people, sometimes even online, where everyone's anonymous.

But I strongly suspect that black people globally, being relatively on the back foot in most parts, are socially less confident than their caucasian peers. This may sound racist and demeaning, but after all I am a black man. I'm not sure financial success is as big a social issue for other races as it is for Negroes.

Look how many rappers sing about 'oh I got a wardrobe full of clothes I aint even worn yet'. I don't think I ever heard any rock star singing about how much money they have or how many girls they can score. Mostly they sing about killing themselves or something, even though they sell quadruple platinum!

Absolutely on point.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by eyinjuege: 6:47am On Nov 09, 2016
cantell:
@Dakkylove,
I never said anything about women being housewives only. I would want my partner to work even to the highest level, if it doesn't affect our family. Some bankers leave their home before 6:00am and return late at night. How would a woman in such position take care of her family? The husband will end up playin the role of a father and a mother. Is that right? Definitely not! Their jobs require too much time from them and they barely have time for their family. So you see, thats the one of the reasons why most men avoid this.
The whites can go thru this because they can decide not to have children because of their work. But we are Africans and we're different.
Thats all i'm saying.

A lot of female bankers I know don't necessarily like the job nor the hours they have to put in. Most do it out of necessity. A number of them are the bread winners in their homes since the husbands have refused to be responsible. A times, its not the men's fault since the work they do cannot even cater for one mouth, talkless of a family.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by eyinjuege: 11:10am On Nov 09, 2016
bjcole:
One jobless guy here, he comes to drop his wife and picks her everyday for the past 4years, I dont mean it is a crime to drive one's wife to anywhere, but this guys does this everyday, d annoying thing is that, he comes sometime around 4pm and wait there for like 30mins for the woman to finish. Does he not have work, and d lady is so nagging and arrogant. One was using an old carina11 with her husband, she later bought accord 08 and gave the old scrap to the man, another one anytime she buys a new car, she gives the old one to the man, she did it like three times now. she just got a jeep now, the man only drives out in the evening. Men i don see these women tire, men i run. Those good ones among dont waste time to get married and you see them, you so much like them, not like these 2 arrogant ones here.

If you there complain and issues come up, she will just tell you to hell with you. My ex rich girlfriend was the first to say to hell with me, after i was checking on her, and quitted the affairs, 4months after, she bought one scrap guy with her money, the only work the guy does is driving.

Those 2 arrogant rich girl here, abeg i no mention name,  just make those useless women without husband ur role model, at least you can spend ur money as single mother. fake nigerians behaving like oyinbo

You sound so pained.
You're the one looking down on your fellow men who don't have good jobs. You're the one seeing them as drivers, and not a loving husband coming to pick his wife from work. You're the one who thinks your ex bought an able bodied man as husband (you think your fellow man is a gold digger because you assume he doesn't have a job, and could only want your ex for her money) forgetting that one man's meat is another man's poison.
If any man wants to be using new cars regularly, then get off your butt and work for it. Don't wait for a woman to be changing your cars for you, and if she does don't expect her to give you the new one. Rather she should be doing that for her parents if she can afford to. At least those ones diligently raised her to be hardworking and successful.
The real question should be why have men stopped being achievers? Why are we having more and more men unable to provide for their families?
A lot of all these women pay a price for their success. Its either they spend so many hours away from home, so many stress and targets to meet, always taking insults from their bosses etc. (Men also go through this- anyone that works goes through this). If they had a way to have less stressors, less pay and have their husbands get better jobs and better pay to meet the responsibilities at home, I'm sure they would.

My advice to mothers and fathers on this forum, raise your children to be independent especially the girl child, raise her to be an achiever, raise her to make sound judgements especially of people's character, make sure your children are close and don't encourage sibling rivalry. Let your children be close to one another, so that they can always have each others backs when they grow older and you're no more there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Not To Train Your Child / Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. / Men Are The Cause Of Moral Decadence & Indecency In Our Girls Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.