Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (16689 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by lemmycop: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2009
nethacker:

i loooooooove successful women. Cos they will always help in times of trouble grin grin grin
Just for that U love them undecided
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by nethacker(m): 11:53am On Nov 06, 2009
lemmycop:

Just for that U love them undecided
Yes now wat else?They r normal human beings dat does normal things on a normal day but they r exceptional cos they will be there in times of trouble grin grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pittbaby(f): 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2009
  Poster

Dont generalise pls. Who gives a f cuk about successfl women? If you are successful yourself as a man, then why will you be afraid of another human being, talkless of a woman?

before i even comment on this topic , this is such a chauvinistic statement , you have made a woman less than a human being, i thot human beings were made up of both men and women
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pittbaby(f): 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2009
  i loooooooove successful women. Cos they will always help in times of trouble   

that is really how men should learn see successful women, marriage is a partnership,  do you want a woman that will cry and wail with you when something goes wrong with your finances or one that will say " baby I've got this" and help you plot your financial return. All i can say is successful women should not marry lazy (lacking in confidence) men  because you become as foolish as the men that fear successful women.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by oge4real(f): 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
I guess its cos of their Ego.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by darqly(m): 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2009
Men are not necessarily intimidated by successful women; just as some women are unfazed by a man's achievement or status.
That particular class of women just feel the need to be selective, and its' their prerogative as it is for men.
If I can speak the lingo, If I can reach the woman and most importantly, If I'm attracted to the woman, by all means I CAN talk to the woman.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by TheHenrys(m): 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2009
@darky love,
you made a few points and i understand what you are saying but its mostly done by men that not educated,as for me i can fall for a woman that is successful,use to have one and i made her cry but most times success women can be a pain in the ass when you meet they arrogant ones so most men think thats they way all successful women are,so i think its more of a complex issue and insecurity,i respect a woman that is independent minded and successful but can never be intimidated by them,
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by dramenda(f): 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2009
men
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by sayso: 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2009
they have caused  a lot of problem to my friends
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by r231(m): 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
I don't think deep down men are afraid of successful women, I just think the kind of women it takes to be successful (personality types) are usually very assertive and sometimes cold individuals who are very driven and ruthless.

These types of women do tend to be more on the pushy, arrogant side just like men can be when in the same situation.

If a man is confident enough with himself, his performance as a lover, husband, partner, he'd have no fear of his woman doing well for herself. men who don't like their women being successful usually have a very low opinion of themselves.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Ben13: 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2009
Women tend to forget they're still women when they have some little cash.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pharoh: 1:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
Ben-10:

That is the foundation in resolving this issue, why would any educated man be afraid of a successful woman?.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by scottN(m): 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
Pharoh:

That is the foundation in resolving this issue, why would any educated man be afraid of a successful woman?.
I wonder o!
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by archangel1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2009
@all nairalanders grin

"[/b]successful woman for successful man-non successful woman for non success ful man". Abi I never settle the case? make una no fight over women hereoooooooooooooooo![b]! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by olayhincar(m): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2009
Av never seen cecelia ibrus,dora akunyili, ngozi owoela and some successful nigeraian women's  husband on tv before, don't know y? how do u think dose husbands feel about that ?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by nethacker(m): 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
olayhincar:

Av never seen cecelia ibrus,dora akunyili, ngozi owoela and some successful nigeraian women's  husband on tv before, don't know y? how do u think dose husbands feel about that ?
Na true ooooooooo shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2009
People should speak from experience, and not coming here and say bull shit, success gets into the head of women, take it or leave it, except those that were born with silver spoon and they have their own problems too. I work in an environment where i see lots of rich and successful women, so many of them, we started together and along the line, got their promotion one way or the other.
Ask men to be themselves and keep their things in their trousers, and see how many successful women we can count.
so many ladies in my office got promoted, became rich through the back doors dnt ask me where i work. we knw what they did, so disgustin, yoruba says isale oro o ni egbin ( the root of riches is rotten).

My personal experince, I dated a lady, so rich but just fool of her and looking for who to boss, i didnt give her such room, i stayed on top f the situation, i wanted to know a lot about her, and she really didnt like it, but guess what,  i discovered a lot f rotten things i woudnt live with,we work in d same company she had to leave becos she knew i wasnt just a gold digger i was real and wanted to control as a Man. but i guess yoruba girls are somehow respectful whether rich or not, may be d culture i dnt knw
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by klassyguy(m): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2009
am never intimidated by a successful lady, infact i have so many of them as friends and we have a good time wen we are together.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by scottN(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2009
bjcole:

People should speak from experience, and not coming here and say bull shit, success gets into the head of women, take it or leave it, except those that were born with silver spoon and they have their own problems too. I work in an environment where i see lots of rich and successful women, so many of them, we started together and along the line, got their promotion one way or the other.
Ask men to be themselves and keep their things in their trousers, and see how many successful women we can count.
so many ladies in my office got promoted, became rich through the back doors dnt ask me where i work. we knw what they did, so disgustin, yoruba says isale oro o ni egbin ( the root of riches is rotten).

My personal experince, I dated a lady, so rich but just fool of her and looking for who to boss, i didnt give her such room, i stayed on top f the situation, i wanted to know a lot about her, and she really didnt like it, but guess what,  i discovered a lot f rotten things i woudnt live with,we work in d same company she had to leave becos she knew i wasnt just a gold digger i was real and wanted to control as a Man. but i guess yoruba girls are somehow respectful whether rich or not, may be d culture i dnt knw

hmmmmmm i tend to disagree on that aspect of yoruba girls  undecided
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Johnnoo(m): 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
nethacker:

i loooooooove successful women. Cos they will always help in times of trouble grin grin grin

Absolutely. . .

muffins:

They feel the women can use their money to destroy them. grin grin

not really destruction, but domineering. . . grin

Fhemmmy:

how many have u seen?

believe & u'll see . . .
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by spikedcylinder: 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2009
Ben-10:

*Ahem* Please, describe this your 'still women' analogy.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by xcolanto(m): 1:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
The key word is dominance. From the inception of human race, men have always dominated women and the other way round is not acceptable in any reasonable arrangement. No one actually hate success, but what comes after success is the crux of the whole issue of men been afraid of successful women.

People attach too much importance to riches and material things, people are measured by the level of their success, to makes matters worst, rich woman are likely to have reduced respect for their husbands
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
Man position is the head, women should leave complex alone, if you are rich as a woman only God knws how u made the cash use your money to lift ur hubby to his rightful postion. And if you are still dating, just be humble and dnt make the guy look like your handbag and make him a laughing stock. I have one in my office, i hope the girl will not turn him to house boy one day, the girl insults and makes lot f trouble in the office and the guy just behaves like slowpoke or supports her sometimes.

I like rich ladies and wished to marry one, but I am a Man and must be on top whatever the case. yoruba man for that matter, wont i follow my culture
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by spikedcylinder: 1:53pm On Nov 06, 2009
* Chauvinists on the rise *
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Shinatu: 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2009
Ben-10:

And she should constantly be reminded of that and be put in her place undecided. that is how wahala starts

I have heard of many nasty things that housewives say to their husbands that the husbands just ignore and go to sleep but a successful woman dare not open her mouth to say such things, the whole world would know that she does not want to respect her husband because she is successful and the ever ready busy body women around will be too happy to spread the news.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by dakkylove(f): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2009
@Bjcole you are exactly the kind of men this post is referring to, your statements show what kind of person you are.
so you dated a rich woman just to fool her huh did you get an award , and what was this post all about (Ask men to be themselves and keep their things in their trousers, and see how many successful women we can count) are you saying that women cannot m ove up the corporate ladder without spreading their legs!
iand there are other ways of proving a man is the head of the home than attempting to dominate the woman like a master with his slave.
i feel sorry for you, you're the kind of backward person that will not let us move forward as a nation.

i know this post is a bit judgemental, that is why i tried to chip in one or two exceptions , but deep down i expected to be proved wrong. good to know they are some guys that are standing at the right path, understanding that relationships are 50/50 and interested in knowing the real person,not intimidated by position or power.

for the few who are still thinking like Cave men, wake up and realize that a Bad woman is a bad woman, irrespective of if she has some form of success or not, that hard working, intelligent woman might make the difference when the recession h its you hard.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by emaginate: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
we aint scared of successful women, infact we luv em.

note Aways choose brains over beauty , i beg of you , if beauty comes with it, thats a bonanza, I REPEAT ALWAYS CHOOSE BRAINS OVER BEAUTY.

successful women have brains and im comfortable with that
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
scottN:

hmmmmmm i tend to disagree on that aspect of yoruba girls  undecided

Have you been a victim, i thought yoruba girls seem to have some level of culture,
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by milkan05(m): 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2009
I think it's because most woman usurp authority once they become successful. It is hard to find a woman who would respect you when she earns more than you earn. Though not impossible to find but why bother in d first place? It's not a matter of fear. Itz just a case of retaining sanity in ur life.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by sixbon2000(m): 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2009
Honestly in my own opinion, i think it is underachieved men that are scared of successful women. They fear that the women might want to boss them around. Another set of men i think might fear successful women are men that like to demand from women. Independent men dont have time to fear successful women because they can stand on their own.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Pharoh: 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
dakkylove:

@Bjcole you are exactly the kind of men this post is referring to, your statements show what kind of person you are.
so you dated a rich woman just to fool her huh did you get an award , and what was this post all about (Ask men to be themselves and keep their things in their trousers, and see how many successful women we can count) are you saying that women cannot m ove up the corporate ladder without spreading their legs!
iand there are other ways of proving a man is the head of the home than attempting to dominate the woman like a master with his slave.
i feel sorry for you, you're the kind of backward person that will not let us move forward as a nation.

i know this post is a bit judgemental, that is why i tried to chip in one or two exceptions , but deep down i expected to be proved wrong. good to know they are some guys that are standing at the right path, understanding that relationships are 50/50 and interested in knowing the real person,not intimidated by position or power.

for the few who are still thinking like Cave men, wake up and realize that a Bad woman is a bad woman, irrespective of if she has some form of success or not, that hard working, intelligent woman might make the difference when the recession h its you hard.

The way you use words like few and some makes me wonder what percentage of Nigerian men you have met in your life to warrant such conclusions? undecided
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by phuckNL: 2:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
@OP

Stop fooling yourself. I am sure you consider yourself as one of those successful women hence the post abi?
Men are not scared of anything. THE REASON MEN ARE RUNNING AWAY FROM YOU IS YOUR ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOUR AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUCCESS. Quit posing and you will finally get married. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance / Parenting In The Digital Age / Puma Slides Available For Sale. 100% AUTHENTIC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.