Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians (30023 Views)

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians / Power Supply: Don’t Shut Down, Don’t Downsize, Fashola Tells Industrialists / ‘Thank You For Your Prayers’ – President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 26, 2016
We pray fervently every Sunday but after Sunday. God weeps at the soul of man. How do y'all think? prayers will be answered??.
Nobody can foool God.

And inbetween pray and think of a legitimate plan B, plan C to generate incomes, no matter how small it seems. God will crown it with His grace to grow and succeed.

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Ikem11(m): 8:46am On Nov 26, 2016
why is it that in Nigeria we elect old fools in government and they keep calling on young nigerians as the way out? what stop young nigerians being elected since everything is based on them. ndia ara!!

2 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by erusen: 8:47am On Nov 26, 2016
Jokerman:
Lol. ..... wen many persons are opening churches and mosques everywhere, how do you want them to think otherwise.....

Imagine where a youth with pour anointing oil on a cockroach rather than hitting it with a shoe or something.....

However minister prayers are important, no country forsakes God and does well...

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach....

I think Nigeria should be praying for the mercies of God...
I think Nigerians should stop being superstitious, no sky daddy is coming to develop our country
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 26, 2016
They always told us that children are the leaders of tomorrow, then 30 years later, Buhari becomes president?? I am not understanding...*scratches head*

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 26, 2016
234GT:
Just like Buhari's lack of direction cannot take us our of recession.

KingOvoramwen1:
Focck Boy Fashola
Foccck of my state angry
MiyattiAllah:
Nigerians and prayers
We are full of ungodly acts
We are only interested in asking God to give us worldly things.
kingphilip:
“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions."
Praising them as the new batteries isn't enough Mr dishonorable minister..
Empower them to put those skills you mentioned above to work and you'll see Nigeria will be great again
Otono123:
Minister of darkness
234GT:
Just like Buhari's lack of direction cannot take us our of recession.

See them. Children of anger and hate

3 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by tundafayaBuhari: 8:52am On Nov 26, 2016
Afonjas are the problem we have in Nigeria. Emir Sanusi. Buhari is a curse to Nigeria QED
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Jidibia(m): 8:52am On Nov 26, 2016
247frolicboss:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, has stressed the need for Nigeria to develop its own plan capable of effectively addressing the current economic downturn.

Fashola, who spoke while delivering a lecture on “Freedom from Fear, Choices before the New Generation” to mark the 42nd convocation of the University of Benin, Edo State, said that Nigerians must overcome their fears and use their natural resources to create solutions and improve their lives.

While addressing the graduating students, he said, “We will not pray our way out of recession; we will plan and produce our way back to prosperity and out of recession and you are the freshest, youngest and most energetic workforce we will have to work with.

“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions.”

According to him, young Nigerians must, like their counterparts in developed countries, free their minds from fear, rather than depend solely on spiritual answers to the problems.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/your-prayers-cannot-take-us-out-of.html

I hail you minister of DARKNESS.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 26, 2016
Tell them Mr Fash.

They think God is a phenomenon and hardwork is just a word. Meanwhile reverse is the case.

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by lomprico(m): 8:55am On Nov 26, 2016
onomeasike:

I'm sure you didn't read the brilliant and clear headed advice FASHOLA gave these fresh graduands. Small kids littering everywhere On Nairaland smh

Yeah! But if the useless government want to appoint for any post they will look for one great grand father to give the post.

Why cant brilliant and clear headed fashola advice his dull and cloggy headed president and party to appoint these youths?

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Senorprinz(m): 8:55am On Nov 26, 2016
no matter how new or fully charged a battery is, it's still useless if it's not inserted into a fully functional device. Mr fashola, it's not just about being new batteries, a competent device should be created first, to incorporate these new batteries cos Nigeria as a device is egregiously dysfunctional.

We all know what happens when batteries are left to lie fallow.

4 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Orikinla(m): 8:57am On Nov 26, 2016
247frolicboss:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, has stressed the need for Nigeria to develop its own plan capable of effectively addressing the current economic downturn.

Fashola, who spoke while delivering a lecture on “Freedom from Fear, Choices before the New Generation” to mark the 42nd convocation of the University of Benin, Edo State, said that Nigerians must overcome their fears and use their natural resources to create solutions and improve their lives.

While addressing the graduating students, he said, “We will not pray our way out of recession; we will plan and produce our way back to prosperity and out of recession and you are the freshest, youngest and most energetic workforce we will have to work with.

“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions.”

According to him, young Nigerians must, like their counterparts in developed countries, free their minds from fear, rather than depend solely on spiritual answers to the problems.

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Exponental(m): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2016
Sure.... but they should reverse all the policies they made when they came into office and see if recession won't vanish! Or we should tag them....BADLUCK PROGRESSIVE CONGRESS (BPC)
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by nkowaputa(m): 9:04am On Nov 26, 2016
prettysolid:
I liked Fashola and had more respect for him when he was a governor. I just feel his alliance and position now are tarnishing the good image he already carved out for himself

Lagos is one of the easiest states to govern.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Cletus77(m): 9:07am On Nov 26, 2016
Our ideas won't be appreciated!!!
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by dungburu: 9:09am On Nov 26, 2016
nkowaputa:
A lot of Nigerian youths are entrepreneurial and with passion to succeed but unfortunately our Nigerian state will kill any dream.
I decided to go into pure water production, no bank agreed to give me loan. Even BOI would see my track record before they would consider giving me. What track record? I am just starting. I rallied and got fund from friends and family. Now I have started but in 3 weeks, I have seen PHCN light just twice in that area and the power could not carry my reverse osmosis machine. So day in day out I run on diesel. You may want to know that diesel now sells from 195 to 205. I am unable to buy a truck no to take my water to market because of fund 2m. No bank again has agreed to give me, so I use my small car to hawk. I work as factory labor, I sell, I do everything to survive. I am determined to succeed but from my story you will all see that the government is nowhere to be found. I am waiting. Soon they will come for all sort of tax, fees and dues.
How will youths survive in this country? Prayer gives us solace, prayer gives u hope and the strength to move on. Now u want to take that from us?
Just like he has said (fasola), talking won't bring us out of recession either.
Take heart dear, I understand ur plight, boi is another fucking bank that feign to offer help through their loan to young graduates, but Its quiet unfortunate that their conditions to getting the loan is suicidal. They are not Ready to empower us and yet they want us to bring solution to the economy they destroyed. Even Marlin can't survive this condition.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by iglimen: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2016
247frolicboss:

Na waoo... we aff enter 1 chance in this change c regime
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Xano(m): 9:15am On Nov 26, 2016
Interesting

A (lawyer)SAN in the office of an Engineer.

With all due respect sir, seek a better individual with vast intellect in Engineering and Management, resign and help empower him to replace you.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by dikeigbo2(m): 9:18am On Nov 26, 2016
Olukat:
Of course we know we can't pray out of the crisis you and your zombies brought on us. angry angry angry
Good advise to the young graduates but for the young ones to excel they need leadership.
Do you have any policy that creates a platform for the young graduates and skilled men to contribute to the economy?

Ask them my dear ,....the hope of the youths for survival in this country is always a mirage, no platform for them to excel... Over 70% of the executives, legislators and ministers are over 60years

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Trendirabingi: 9:20am On Nov 26, 2016
onomeasike:

I'm sure you didn't read the brilliant and clear headed advice FASHOLA gave these fresh graduands. Small kids littering everywhere On Nairaland smh
nairaland has gone to the dogss..

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by bangging(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2016
Runaway:
Its becoming real that u guys are incompetent. go to work Mr man and stop talking.
no hope oooo... Am finish chai, fashola even u?
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Bgorgeous: 9:23am On Nov 26, 2016
Truth be said , no miracle can take us out of our present situation. Except practical reasoning and acting
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by chaiks: 9:23am On Nov 26, 2016
I like this man. He is a realist. Not that the importance of prayer is downplayed. But we proactive actions to move forward. It's appalling that everything problem in Nigeria now is being linked to spiritual forces. The government then owe a duty to create an enabling environment free of intimidation so that we youths can free our mind and our minds and thoughts needs to be considered and implemented. Not the usual 'OK. We ill'
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by weezeffizy(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2016
clueless minister. u beta resign if u are not competent enough
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Bizibi(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2016
Atiku2019:
Incompetence should be an alias for this current Government
it is too early fr campaigning,wait a little
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by zanogo(m): 9:26am On Nov 26, 2016
nkowaputa:

Lagos is one of the easiest states to govern.
lamentations.....pure lamentations
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by fkdmods: 9:26am On Nov 26, 2016
Jokerman:
Lol. ..... wen many persons are opening churches and mosques everywhere, how do you want them to think otherwise.....

Imagine where a youth with pour anointing oil on a cockroach rather than hitting it with a shoe or something.....

However minister prayers are important, no country forsakes God and does well...

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach....

I think Nigeria should be praying for the mercies of God...

Tell that to Estonia, China, Japan, even America. I wonder why they are doing well?
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by basingstoke: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2016
Go tell pastor Osinbade
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by fkdmods: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2016
kingphilip:

Our able minister of darkness how will they not resolve to prayers when they're not given opportunities to fix it

How will they not resolve to prayers when those empowered to fix the economy isn't doing anything to salvage it

Our prayers will only stop when you empower us to fix the economy too or those of you in whose power it is to fix the economy does something drastic about it...

Nigerians say NO to darkness and mediocrity

You were given the opportunity. Multiple times. Instead, you opted to vote for Buhari, become a sharp guy, engage in jungle justice? give and collect bribe, etc. Stop passing the buck. Everyone is to blame for the problem Nigeria is in.

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by PHIPEX(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2016
nkowaputa:
A lot of Nigerian youths are entrepreneurial and with passion to succeed but unfortunately our Nigerian state will kill any dream.
I decided to go into pure water production, no bank agreed to give me loan. Even BOI would see my track record before they would consider giving me. What track record? I am just starting. I rallied and got fund from friends and family. Now I have started but in 3 weeks, I have seen PHCN light just twice in that area and the power could not carry my reverse osmosis machine. So day in day out I run on diesel. You may want to know that diesel now sells from 195 to 205. I am unable to buy a truck no to take my water to market because of fund 2m. No bank again has agreed to give me, so I use my small car to hawk. I work as factory labor, I sell, I do everything to survive. I am determined to succeed but from my story you will all see that the government is nowhere to be found. I am waiting. Soon they will come for all sort of tax, fees and dues.
How will youths survive in this country? Prayer gives us solace, prayer gives u hope and the strength to move on. Now u want to take that from us?
Just like he has said (fasola), talking won't bring us out of recession either.
Bros which state is your business located?
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Dare2Try(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2016
I have only one word for our able minister of darkness, incompetent of the highest order
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by NairaMaster1(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2016
kingphilip:

Our able minister of darkness how will they not resolve to prayers when they're not given opportunities to fix it

How will they not resolve to prayers when those empowered to fix the economy isn't doing anything to salvage it

Our prayers will only stop when you empower us to fix the economy too or those of you in whose power it is to fix the economy does something drastic about it...

Nigerians say NO to darkness and mediocrity

How many of the ministers are actually under 30?
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Onegai(f): 9:39am On Nov 26, 2016
If Nigeria fixes Power and gives tax incentives to SMEs and Manufacturing companies or anyone who wishes to produce 40% minimum of its goods in Nigeria, and banks are made to give loans to those guys, we will fix the economy. It is expensive to produce in Nigeria but the market is filled with cheap, mostly inferior imports. The average Nigerian will rather spend on a made-in-Nigeria good than a cheap Chinese import. Someone needs to encourage our lawmakers to start reading CNN and the Guardian websites and other news apps, so that they learn what their job is from watching their betters do it. Not telling the Youth "you are fresh batteries" and then killing every opportunity.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thugs Working For An Aspirant At Ekiti APC Primary Election Arrested (More Photo / Why Buhari Has Not Sacked Emefiele, CBN Governor - Pulse.NG / Ikpeazu Relaxes Lockdown In Abia To Celebrate Easter, Gives Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.