Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians (30025 Views)

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians / Power Supply: Don’t Shut Down, Don’t Downsize, Fashola Tells Industrialists / ‘Thank You For Your Prayers’ – President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by gbemoh: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2016
The kind of news these days and the title the reporter deems fit to give it.
So after reading the speech he gave and the the topic the reporter gave it.
The average Nigerian reads out of context, they just want a shocking headline to move traffic. The summary is, he said we all should look inward to get us out of recession, not out usual praying and fasting without working efficiently.
Can we all read more so we be misled less.

2 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by zynzyn(m): 9:44am On Nov 26, 2016
baybeeboi:
We the youths did not in anyway contribute to the total annihilation of Nigeria's economy.

Buhari and his old goons should fix what they have destroyed and stop tagging the innocent youth who have never had a thing from the government.

You won't appoint the youth to help fix the economy with fresh ideas but they will be the first u call on to help fix, maybe help fix it from their father's houses where they are sitting jobless.

Em sorry o! Lets call a spade a spade!

When Nigerian youths vote based on ethnicity and religion, participate actively in election rigging and thuggery as well exam malpractice, they CANNOT exonerate themselves!
angry

2 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by slimfit1(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2016
The truth is very difficult to take in. The electricity we are talking is it not one person that thought of it and decided to do something. It only on Africa you see engineers in the street looking for jobs can't make anything with all the knowledge he has.

Look around us rivers and sun wasting away we are still looking for opportunities when it is all around you. The minister is saying the truth abeg use shame understand what he is trying to say, useless people can take sense sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by kevoh(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2016
Well, Fashola is not lying. Whether the government has created an enabling environment or not, you can not pray recession away! angry angry
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by nkowaputa(m): 9:48am On Nov 26, 2016
PHIPEX:
Bros which state is your business located?

Lakwe, Lagos state.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by devvland(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2016
kingphilip:
“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions."

Praising them as the new batteries isn't enough Mr dishonorable minister..

Empower them to put those skills you mentioned above to work and you'll see Nigeria will be great again

What skill? Theory-based education? Out-dated principles? Spending time in a classroom does not translate to skills.

Nigerian Undergraduates are not trained to become thinkers and problem solvers. They are trained to become encumbrances and burdens to their society.
Of course they hate to hear it... But it's true.

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by EmeeNaka: 9:54am On Nov 26, 2016
Jokerman:

They recognize God
they have no recognition for god. China is officially an atheist state likewise North Korea.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by devvland(m): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2016
Ikem11:
why is it that in Nigeria we elect old fools in government and they keep calling on young nigerians as the way out? what stop young nigerians being elected since everything is based on them. ndia ara!!

You can always run for office.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Aremu01(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2016
i respect this guy. But this statement....
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by onos217(m): 10:11am On Nov 26, 2016
I think I will follow Fashola's line of thought on this one. We need to start acting, and do less of these spiritual things.
How many prayers do the developed world pray? Rather they plan and determine how things should go.
But we in this clime, all we do is pray and pray, and do nothing.
If we must move forward, we to start putting thing together by ourselves, and not wait for God to come and manifest it for us.If not, we go wait and pray tire!!!
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by dboss444: 10:16am On Nov 26, 2016
nkowaputa:
A lot of Nigerian youths are entrepreneurial and with passion to succeed but unfortunately our Nigerian state will kill any dream.
I decided to go into pure water production, no bank agreed to give me loan. Even BOI would see my track record before they would consider giving me. What track record? I am just starting. I rallied and got fund from friends and family. Now I have started but in 3 weeks, I have seen PHCN light just twice in that area and the power could not carry my reverse osmosis machine. So day in day out I run on diesel. You may want to know that diesel now sells from 195 to 205. I am unable to buy a truck no to take my water to market because of fund 2m. No bank again has agreed to give me, so I use my small car to hawk. I work as factory labor, I sell, I do everything to survive. I am determined to succeed but from my story you will all see that the government is nowhere to be found. I am waiting. Soon they will come for all sort of tax, fees and dues.
How will youths survive in this country? Prayer gives us solace, prayer gives u hope and the strength to move on. Now u want to take that from us?
Just like he has said (fasola), talking won't bring us out of recession either.
God is ur strength. he would see you through. Amen

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by kingphilip(m): 10:18am On Nov 26, 2016
Martins301:

See them. Children of anger and hate
where did you see anything of hate in my post

Understandest thou what thou readest??
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by dangotesmummy: 10:19am On Nov 26, 2016
If you read between the lines you'll see he's right. Only if you can stop getting unnecessarily emotional
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by devvland(m): 10:19am On Nov 26, 2016
Trendirabingi:
nairaland has gone to the dogss..

A country is as great as its youths. And the youths are as great as the education they recieve. No magic. Teach a child than he can build a car... Teach him how to build...and be sure that he will spend time after his training THINKING about building a supercar, and eventually BUILDING one. Because thats how his brain has been wired.

However...

If you teach a child about PEOPLE who BUILT cars and about how awesome cars are...and how fast they can go... After his training the child will keep WAITING for OTHERS to build cars so he can evaluate and study how fast they travel.

It's no magic. You can't give what you don't have. A bad or incompetent teacher makes a bad or incompetent student.

Today we are cheering for the N-Power program. Out of 200,000 in the first batch, 150,000 will work as teachers. Very amusing. Guess, what happens when a bad student comes a teacher...?
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by kingphilip(m): 10:20am On Nov 26, 2016
devvland:

You can always run for office.
with which funds
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by 4tune490(m): 10:21am On Nov 26, 2016
Don't mind the old cargos.
baybeeboi:
We the youths did not in anyway contribute to the total annihilation of Nigeria's economy.

Buhari and his old goons should fix what they have destroyed and stop tagging the innocent youth who have never had a thing from the government.

You won't appoint the youth to help fix the economy with fresh ideas but they will be the first u call on to help fix, maybe help fix it from their father's houses where they are sitting jobless.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by devvland(m): 10:23am On Nov 26, 2016
gbemoh:
The kind of news these days and the title the reporter deems fit to give it.
So after reading the speech he gave and the the topic the reporter gave it.
The average Nigerian reads out of context, they just want a shocking headline to move traffic. The summary is, he said we all should look inward to get us out of recession, not out usual praying and fasting without working efficiently.
Can we all read more so we be misled less.

You head dey there.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by kingphilip(m): 10:24am On Nov 26, 2016
slimfit1:
The truth is very difficult to take in. The electricity we are talking is it not one person that thought of it and decided to do something. It only on Africa you see engineers in the street looking for jobs can't make anything with all the knowledge he has.

Look around us rivers and sun wasting away we are still looking for opportunities when it is all around you. The minister is saying the truth abeg use shame understand what he is trying to say, useless people can take sense sometimes.
there is sun yes!!

There are rivers around capital YES!!

But do you know that for any equipment you need to convert those sources into electricity amounts to huge amount of money??

Where is the money?? Where is the properties for collateral even if one wants to borrow money from the banks..
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by davidif: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2016
Fidel Castro is dead and that didn't make front page. Instead na this topic wet make am? Na wa o.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by PHIPEX(m): 10:25am On Nov 26, 2016
nkowaputa:

Lakwe, Lagos state.
How can u be reached? Preferably by mail.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by devvland(m): 10:26am On Nov 26, 2016
slimfit1:

Thank you. Your head dey there.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:32am On Nov 26, 2016
... Mr "good governance is not rocket science" crooner. Pls get to work no time for talk. This is the time for action.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Seriousboy: 10:35am On Nov 26, 2016
Nigerian's politicians are good at big big talks. Go to China, they are good at productions.

Mr minister, where are the projects from your ministries from the funds you got from 2016 budget. You and your visionless fellow politicians are going about wasting tax payers monies for baseless talks.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Raymonbell(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2016
Fact
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Rayton(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2016
onomeasike:

I'm sure you didn't read the brilliant and clear headed advice FASHOLA gave these fresh graduands. Small kids littering everywhere On Nairaland smh

. Shut up..
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 26, 2016
He spoke well. Dumb people won't understand.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Daboomb: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2016
247frolicboss:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, has stressed the need for Nigeria to develop its own plan capable of effectively addressing the current economic downturn.

Fashola, who spoke while delivering a lecture on “Freedom from Fear, Choices before the New Generation” to mark the 42nd convocation of the University of Benin, Edo State, said that Nigerians must overcome their fears and use their natural resources to create solutions and improve their lives.

While addressing the graduating students, he said, “We will not pray our way out of recession; we will plan and produce our way back to prosperity and out of recession and you are the freshest, youngest and most energetic workforce we will have to work with.

“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions.”

According to him, young Nigerians must, like their counterparts in developed countries, free their minds from fear, rather than depend solely on spiritual answers to the problems.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/your-prayers-cannot-take-us-out-of.html

Shurruup joor!

Give them constant Electricity and stop yarning lubbish.

Their mates in those countries have electricity 24/7, that is why they are able to invent things and develop their country.
You are hear repeating the same lubbish since 1960.

Thunder fire your mouth, Mr. Fash.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Daboomb: 11:01am On Nov 26, 2016
hopsydboi:
He spoke well. Dumb people won't understand.

He spoke well, abi?

Issokay, when it is 7pm, please on your 'i-better-pass' and let the smoke give you cancer and choke your family one by one.

Yea, He spoke well and l am dumb, so l dont understand.

Ekpa!
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2016
Embrace the message and spare the messenger of your oil of vitriol.

BRF couldn't be more correct – we are religious to a fault in this country. Over 3500 Christian denominations complemented with pecks of mosques bespattered all over the nation, and yet crime rate is on the upswing side of the curve, unemployment burgeons daily, IPVs and jungle justice show no sign of stopping any soon – both of which by the way are byproducts of living in a psychologically toxic environment, frustration, depression, and displaced aggression).

America isn't as religious as we parade ourselves to be (truth is we are by and large self-righteous and hypocritical), we call them loose, we say they are morally bankrupt, we call them an immoral nation – because they cozy up to the LGBT community and do a whole lot of things considered abominable here, but yet they are several market days ahead of us in terms of technological and infrastructural development.

Prayers should only be the last resort to moving a mountain when the person praying has exhausted all human mechanisms in moving the mountain.
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by rickyrex(m): 11:06am On Nov 26, 2016
Was he given a round of applauds after presenting this nonsense speech?
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by mrsfavour(f): 11:09am On Nov 26, 2016
Atiku2019:
Incompetence should be an alias for this current Government
Hahahahaha ! is Atiku Ur Name ? Pls dont kill me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Reacts As Ahmed Lawan Emerges Senate President / 2023: Sagay Fumes Over Clamour For Presidency To Remain In North / Murray-Bruce Tweets About Bayelsa Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.